RightNation.US
News (Home) | Righters' Blog | Hollywood Halfwits | Our Store | New User Intro | Link to us | Support Us

RightNation.US: Here's What The Critics Are Saying About Bill Burr's - RightNation.US

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Here's What The Critics Are Saying About Bill Burr's Latest Anti-PC Comedy Special Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   grimreefer 

• U.S. Merchant Marine
  • View gallery
  • Group: Diamond Community Supporter

Posted 14 September 2019 - 05:37 AM

Here's What The Critics Are Saying About Bill Burr's Latest Anti-PC Comedy Special

The Daily Wire
By Amanda Prestigiacomo
September 13, 2019

excerpt:

Critics' reviews for Bill Burr's politically incorrect Netflix special "Paper Tiger" are rolling into review site Rotten Tomatoes, and the comedian is scoring fairly well.

Burr, who tackles the inanity of "cultural appropriation," affluent perpetually-offended white women, male feminists, sexual assault, Michelle Obama, and other taboo topics, landed an 83% rating with critics as a Friday afternoon. The general audience scores have yet to really come in only eight folks have entered reviews. Still, Burr lands a solid 83% there.

<SNIP>

LINK

I am so glad to see Chappelle and Burr keeping stand-up comedy alive and unapologetic. I am a huge fan of Burr's earlier stuff and I saw Paper Tiger yesterday. As expected, great show. :2up:

#2 User is offline   Moderator T 

• <no title>
  • View gallery
  • Group: Moderator

Posted 14 September 2019 - 05:46 AM

IT was a good special as was Chapelle's. There's quite a few comedians fighting against ultra PC/easily offended culture. Burr, Chapelle, Rogan, and Segura to name a few.

#3 User is online   Rock N' Roll Right Winger 

• Pissing off all of the right people
  • Group: Silver

Posted 14 September 2019 - 06:22 AM

Bill Burr was a writer for The Chapelle show and appeared on it a few times as well.

Those two go together as far as calling out, pointing out and mocking the proggy insanity known as political correctness.

Both are excellent comedians.

#4 User is offline   Dean Adam Smithee 

• School of the Cold Hard Facts
  • View gallery
  • Group: Platinum Community Supporter

Posted 14 September 2019 - 08:49 AM

View PostModerator T, on 14 September 2019 - 05:46 AM, said:

IT was a good special as was Chapelle's. There's quite a few comedians fighting against ultra PC/easily offended culture. Burr, Chapelle, Rogan, and Segura to name a few.

I used to like Carlos Mencia for this in the early 2000s, but I haven't seen any of his stuff in years.

#5 User is offline   erp 

• Undead Undead Undead

Posted 14 September 2019 - 09:02 AM

Just watched it. Pretty funny.

#6 User is offline   Severian 

• Order of the Seekers for Truth & Penitence
  • Group: +Gold Community Supporter

Posted 14 September 2019 - 10:01 AM

I'll have to watch this. I watched the Chappelle show and it was very funny, and very politically incorrect, it's good to see real comedy come back. His thing about buying a gun was hysterical. The thing about Smollett was funny as hell too.

#7 User is online   Rock N' Roll Right Winger 

Posted 14 September 2019 - 10:36 AM

View PostSeverian, on 14 September 2019 - 10:01 AM, said:

I'll have to watch this. I watched the Chappelle show and it was very funny, and very politically incorrect, it's good to see real comedy come back. His thing about buying a gun was hysterical. The thing about Smollett was funny as hell too.

You mean Jussai Smollai, the Frenchman? :lol:

#8 User is offline   Severian 

• Order of the Seekers for Truth & Penitence
  • Group: +Gold Community Supporter

Posted 14 September 2019 - 11:02 AM

View PostRock N, on 14 September 2019 - 10:36 AM, said:

You mean Jussai Smollai, the Frenchman? :lol:

Yeah...heh. Loved the "find out where Kayne West was last night" line too.

#9 User is offline   MontyPython 

• Pull My Finger.....
  • View gallery
  • Group: Gold

Posted 14 September 2019 - 12:19 PM

I've been a huge Bill Burr fan for a long time. I haven't seen Paper Tiger yet, but I will.

B)

#10 User is offline   Moderator T 

• <no title>
  • View gallery
  • Group: Moderator

Posted 14 September 2019 - 05:28 PM

View PostDean Adam Smithee, on 14 September 2019 - 08:49 AM, said:

I used to like Carlos Mencia for this in the early 2000s, but I haven't seen any of his stuff in years.

Most comedians have caught on to the fact that Mencia stole most of his material throughout his career and avoid the guy. A lot of the comedy clubs have caught on too. And when I say steal, I don't mean that they heard from a friend that he was using their material. I mean that he'd go up on stage before someone and outright use one of their bits and leave them scrambling to fill their time.

Personally I don't think there's many funnier comedians than Tom Segura right now. His bit about watching the cop show First 48 is awesome. Bert Kreisher is pretty hilarious too, especially his bit about accidentally joining the Russian Mafia on a school trip.

#11 User is offline   Dean Adam Smithee 

• School of the Cold Hard Facts
  • View gallery
  • Group: Platinum Community Supporter

Posted 15 September 2019 - 03:30 PM

View PostModerator T, on 14 September 2019 - 05:28 PM, said:

Most comedians have caught on to the fact that Mencia stole most of his material throughout his career and avoid the guy. A lot of the comedy clubs have caught on too. And when I say steal, I don't mean that they heard from a friend that he was using their material. I mean that he'd go up on stage before someone and outright use one of their bits and leave them scrambling to fill their time.

Interesting. I didn't know that about Mencia beyond just the general knowledge that comedy in general is notorious for this. It does kinda explain why he suddenly dropped off the radar, if all the clubs finally had it up to here with him.

#12 User is offline   Ladybird 

• <no title>
  • Group: +Copper Community Supporter

Posted 15 September 2019 - 03:55 PM

View PostModerator T, on 14 September 2019 - 05:28 PM, said:

Personally I don't think there's many funnier comedians than Tom Segura right now. His bit about watching the cop show First 48 is awesome. Bert Kreisher is pretty hilarious too, especially his bit about accidentally joining the Russian Mafia on a school trip.

Robin Williams did too. From what I've read he didn't deny it and sent checks to the aggrieved parties. I don't see why he did it though. Williams could read the ingredients on a cake mix and make it funny.

#13 User is offline   Magic Rat 

• <no title>
  • Group: Bronze

Posted 15 September 2019 - 06:53 PM

View PostLadybird, on 15 September 2019 - 03:55 PM, said:

Robin Williams did too. From what I've read he didn't deny it and sent checks to the aggrieved parties. I don't see why he did it though. Williams could read the ingredients on a cake mix and make it funny.

Then how come none of his act was ever funny?

#14 User is offline   Ben Cranklin 

• Satiric Curmudgeon
  • Group: Gold

Posted 15 September 2019 - 08:07 PM

View PostMagic Rat, on 15 September 2019 - 06:53 PM, said:

Well, the French thought he was just the kitten's mittens...or was that Jerry Lewis? Maybe Jim Carrey? Anyway, it was one of those annoying "manic" idiots.

#15 User is offline   Magic Rat 

• <no title>

Posted 15 September 2019 - 08:23 PM

View PostBen Cranklin, on 15 September 2019 - 08:07 PM, said:

Well, the French thought he was just the kitten's mittens...or was that Jerry Lewis? Maybe Jim Carrey? Anyway, it was one of those annoying "manic" idiots.

He should have stuck with cake recipes...

#16 User is offline   Natural Selection 

• Decrypt the truth

Posted 15 September 2019 - 09:51 PM

Just watched the Bill Burr special. I thoroughly enjoyed it. He can say things that would force a politician to resign and make it funny. Accusing blacks of cultural appropriation when they fly on a plane cracked me up. It doesn't sound funny when I type it but his delivery is perfect. It's like watching and listening to a virtuoso musician. Don't take my word for it. See it for yourself. :thumbsup:

#17 User is online   Rock N' Roll Right Winger 

Posted 15 September 2019 - 11:02 PM

Be forewarned, profanity laced preview.

But well worth it.

#18 User is offline   Ladybird 

• <no title>
  • Group: +Copper Community Supporter

Posted 16 September 2019 - 01:05 PM

View PostMagic Rat, on 15 September 2019 - 06:53 PM, said:

I saw a Robin Williams HBO special back in the 80s that made me laugh so hard, I stopped breathing several times.
To each his own..

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users