RightNation.US
News (Home) | Righters' Blog | Hollywood Halfwits | Our Store | New User Intro | Link to us | Support Us

RightNation.US: Democrat Senator Threw Parties At Which Cocaine Was Present In Additio - RightNation.US

Democrat Senator Threw Parties At Which Cocaine Was Present In Additio Rate Topic: -----

#21 User is offline   Liz 

• 1.4% Neanderthal
  • Group: Moderator

Posted 10 October 2018 - 03:09 PM

Considering the advantages and opportunities of senators and other high-profile politicians, I think it's naive to assume that this is an unusual circumstance.

#22 User is offline   HardRightBambi 

• Right is Right and Left is Sinister
  • Group: +Bronze Community Supporter

Posted 10 October 2018 - 03:26 PM

View PostBARman29, on 10 October 2018 - 10:38 AM, said:

I want the FBI to conduct a thorough background check into these allegations.

Come to think of it, I might've been at one of those back in the day, I sorta think I could've been plus there were totally like 5 or 6 others there, too,......maybe.

#23 User is offline   Ben Cranklin 

• Satiric Curmudgeon
  • Group: Gold

Posted 10 October 2018 - 03:35 PM

Might finally explain his voting record.

#24 User is offline   Dean Adam Smithee 

• School of the Cold Hard Facts
  • View gallery
  • Group: Platinum Community Supporter

Posted 10 October 2018 - 05:32 PM

View PostLiz, on 10 October 2018 - 03:09 PM, said:

Considering the advantages and opportunities of senators and other high-profile politicians, I think it's naive to assume that this is an unusual circumstance.

Heck, goes way back to the '70s when Jimmy Carter's chief of staff Hamilton Jordan was credibly accused of pretty much the same thing. It made the headlines for a few news cycles, there was a perfunctory [airquotes and in my best Dr. Evil voice] "in-vest-i-gation" [/airquotes] that remarkable never found what they didn't want to find... and it all blew over.

I don't normally cite Wikipedia, but since their account pretty much matches my recollection...

"...n 1976 Jordan's youth and casual style gave him a media reputation as a fun-loving, partying, unsophisticated "good ole boy." This turned into a problem during the last year of the Carter administration, when Jordan became a lightning rod for critics of the president across the political spectrum. The media repeated rumors of coarse and even criminal behavior by Jordan, including supposed cocaine usage and anonymous sex at the infamous Studio 54 disco in New York City. Though extensive legal investigations failed to substantiate any of the rumors, Jordan later recalled this as a particularly painful time in his life.[6]

According to one often repeated story from this period, Jordan stared at the breasts of the Egyptian ambassador's wife at a Washington reception and remarked, "I have always wanted to see the pyramids".[7] The story was told in various versions, all based on anonymous sources. Jordan denied it ever took place in his memoir No Such Thing as a Bad Day.[6] CBS News anchor Walter Cronkite later recalled that the network's coverage of the cocaine allegations against Jordan was the "worst story he had ever broadcast."[8]
- Wikipedia "Hamilton Jordan".

So, Cronkite lamented having to do a story that reflected badly on a Democrat. Nope, no media bias there. LOL.

#25 User is online   satellite66 

• No more RHINOs!!!
  • Group: Silver

Posted 10 October 2018 - 05:38 PM

I never thought of Cronkite as unbiased Didn't he say that the war in Vietnam was lost?

#26 User is offline   Dean Adam Smithee 

• View gallery

Posted 10 October 2018 - 05:46 PM

View Postpepperonikkid, on 10 October 2018 - 09:27 AM, said:

Democrat Senator Chris Coons attended wealthy Tower Hill prep school in Wilmington, Delaware, where he graduated in the class of 1981.

Chris Coons’ mother married the Gore-Tex waterproof clothing magnate. After moving into a massive ten-thousand square foot mansion, While Chris Coons’ mother and his stepfather would go to Europe, Senator Coons would host “wild ragers” with “booze kegs” and “white powder.”

“Women were everywhere in bikinis,” former Tower Hill classmate of Coons recalled.

In bikinis? Well, that's kinda dull. But at least it takes me off the hook for (possibly) supplying the strippers.

When EXACTLY was this, anyway??? Headline implies that as "Senator" he threw such parties. Article implies it could have been anytime '81 onwards. He wasn't senator until 2010.

#27 User is offline   Liz 

• 1.4% Neanderthal
  • Group: Moderator

Posted 10 October 2018 - 05:49 PM

View PostDean Adam Smithee, on 10 October 2018 - 05:32 PM, said:

Heck, goes way back to the '70s when Jimmy Carter's chief of staff Hamilton Jordan was credibly accused of pretty much the same thing. It made the headlines for a few news cycles, there was a perfunctory [airquotes and in my best Dr. Evil voice] "in-vest-i-gation" [/airquotes] that remarkable never found what they didn't want to find... and it all blew over. . .

This certainly wasn't the first I've heard of it either, nor was it confined to one political party.

#28 User is offline   Ticked@TinselTown 

• Unimpressed with Celebutards since Always
  • View blog

Posted 10 October 2018 - 06:07 PM

View PostLadybird, on 10 October 2018 - 02:02 PM, said:

Well, at least it’s specific. Any actual accusers?

First paragraph from the article:

Democrat Senator Chris Coons threw parties at where cocaine was widely available in addition to wild drinking and petty crime, according to two former classmates of Coons.

I know, details are hard to remember...

#29 User is offline   Dean Adam Smithee 

• View gallery

Posted 10 October 2018 - 06:09 PM

View Postsatellite66, on 10 October 2018 - 05:38 PM, said:

I never thought of Cronkite as unbiased Didn't he say that the war in Vietnam was lost?

Okay, I'll be that "bad guy" here. And Flame Away, I've got FR-rated fire-retardant clothing.

Yes, of course, he had a political opinion, and it showed when he was doing stories that were obviously political in nature. IMHO that's fine, I can accept the bias and adjust accordingly. Just as when listening to, say, Hannity, one has to make adjustments to get to the "Whole" story.

Outside of that? He was reasonably unbiased.

FAR DIFFERENT than today's crowd of (so-called) journalists, who seemingly can't do a story about a fireman rescuing a cat from a tree without SOMEHOW turning it into something political.

#30 User is online   Censport 

• @CensportRacing

Posted 10 October 2018 - 07:34 PM

View Postsearcher, on 10 October 2018 - 11:50 AM, said:

And again I didn't get invited.

Mark

Yeah, I never get invited to the really good parties either.

#31 User is online   zurg 

• <no title>
  • Group: +Copper Community Supporter

Posted 10 October 2018 - 08:01 PM

View PostCensport, on 10 October 2018 - 07:34 PM, said:

Yeah, I never get invited to the really good parties either.

Because you throw them yourself???

#32 User is offline   Buckwheat Jones 

• <no title>
  • Group: Bronze

Posted 10 October 2018 - 08:08 PM

Ladybird, on 10 October 2018 - 01:19 PM, said:

Innocence of what? Has somone leveled an assault accusation against Coons?

i·ro·ny1
ˈīrənē/Submit
noun
the expression of one's meaning by using language that normally signifies the opposite, typically for humorous or emphatic effect.
"“Don't go overboard with the gratitude,” he rejoined with heavy irony"
synonyms: sarcasm, causticity, cynicism, mockery, satire, sardonicism
"that note of irony in her voice"
a state of affairs or an event that seems deliberately contrary to what one expects and is often amusing as a result.
plural noun: ironies

#33 User is offline   Buckwheat Jones 

• <no title>

Posted 10 October 2018 - 08:09 PM

HardRightBambi, on 10 October 2018 - 03:26 PM, said:

Come to think of it, I might've been at one of those back in the day, I sorta think I could've been plus there were totally like 5 or 6 others there, too,......maybe.

Was boofing involved?

#34 User is online   Censport 

• @CensportRacing

Posted 10 October 2018 - 08:25 PM

View Postzurg, on 10 October 2018 - 08:01 PM, said:

Because you throw them yourself???

Because I don't have any friends.

#35 User is offline   searcher 

• <no title>

Posted 10 October 2018 - 11:25 PM

View PostCensport, on 10 October 2018 - 08:25 PM, said:

Because I don't have any friends.

I resemble that.

Mark

#36 User is offline   grimreefer 

• U.S. Merchant Marine
  • View gallery
  • Group: Diamond Community Supporter

Posted 11 October 2018 - 12:38 AM

View PostBuckwheat Jones, on 10 October 2018 - 08:09 PM, said:

Was boofing involved?

http://www.rightnation.us/forums/uploads/1538198165/gallery_6133_220_30501.jpg

#37 User is offline   Buckwheat Jones 

• <no title>

Posted 11 October 2018 - 09:18 AM

grimreefer, on 11 October 2018 - 12:38 AM, said:

http://www.rightnation.us/forums/uploads/1538198165/gallery_6133_220_30501.jpg

Oh that’s good!

#38 User is online   Rock N' Roll Right Winger 

• Pissing off all of the right people
  • Group: Silver

Posted 11 October 2018 - 09:28 AM

View PostDean Adam Smithee, on 10 October 2018 - 06:09 PM, said:

Okay, I'll be that "bad guy" here. And Flame Away, I've got FR-rated fire-retardant clothing.

Yes, of course, he had a political opinion, and it showed when he was doing stories that were obviously political in nature. IMHO that's fine, I can accept the bias and adjust accordingly. Just as when listening to, say, Hannity, one has to make adjustments to get to the "Whole" story.

FAR DIFFERENT than today's crowd of (so-called) journalists, who seemingly can't do a story about a fireman rescuing a cat from a tree without SOMEHOW turning it into something political.

He sure had you fooled?

Why am I not surprised? :no:

#39 User is offline   BootsieBets 

• <no title>
  • Group: +Silver Community Supporter

Posted 11 October 2018 - 11:00 AM

View PostDean Adam Smithee, on 10 October 2018 - 06:09 PM, said:

Big difference between Hannity or Tucker Carlson and Cronkite. Cronkite was supposed to be a news reporter and report the facts - without bias – as much as that is possible. Hannity and Carlson don’t pretend to be unbiased. They are opinion journalist. They tell you upfront what their bias is. Back in the day, the big 3 networks let you think they were unbiased. Now we know they weren’t. Which is why at least having CNN, MSLSD, Fox and the rest to select from gives you the right to choose what bias you want to consume.

#40 User is online   Censport 

• @CensportRacing

Posted 11 October 2018 - 11:58 AM

View PostBootsieBets, on 11 October 2018 - 11:00 AM, said:

MSLSD

I'm so stealing that.

Share this topic:

• 4 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

2 User(s) are reading this topic