RightNation.US
News (Home) | Righters' Blog | Hollywood Halfwits | Our Store | New User Intro | Link to us | Support Us

RightNation.US: Red Hen Owner Says Kicking Out Sarah Sanders Ultimately Boosted Busine - RightNation.US

Jump to content

Red Hen Owner Says Kicking Out Sarah Sanders Ultimately Boosted Busine Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   Ladybird 

  • <no title>
  • Group: +Copper Community Supporter
  • Posts: 17,114
  • Joined: 26-October 07

Posted 18 May 2019 - 10:41 AM

Red Hen Owner Says Kicking Out Sarah Sanders Ultimately Boosted Business

The co-owner of the Red Hen in Virginia says her business is still doing well nearly a year after she famously asked White House press secretary Sarah Huckabee Sanders to leave the restaurant. Stephanie Wilkinson writes in an editorial for the Washington Post that she and her employees lived through a year’s worth of online threats, protests, and hate mail (and a handful of supportive letters, too) dumped on her doorstep following the incident.

The Red Hen gained national attention last June for 86ing the Trump administration official, a decision Wilkinson characterized as a stand against a person who defends “inhumane and unethical” presidential policies. Huckabee Sanders tweeted about the incident and was eventually supported by the president, who tweeted his own negative review of the restaurant. Predictably, the restaurant experienced almost immediate right-wing backlash, resulting in both the restaurant owners and employees getting doxxed. In addition to the relentless threats, the Red Hen also received numerous false reservations and eventually closed down for two weeks to regroup.

Despite all the literal chicken <censored> that was thrown at her business, Wilkinson maintains that refusing to serve Huckabee Sanders was a good move that ultimately didn’t harm her restaurant.

When we opened after a 10-day hiatus, our dining room was full. In the following weeks, people who had never been to the Shenandoah Valley traveled out of their way to eat with us. Hundreds of orders for our Red Hen spice blend poured in. And the love spread far beyond our door, as supporters sent thousands of dollars in donations in our honor to our local food pantry, our domestic violence shelter and first responders.

After nearly a year, I’m happy to say that business is still good. Better than good, actually. And besides the boost to our area charities, our town’s hospitality and sales revenue have gone up, too.


<snip>

Link


Nothing beats good eats..
0

#2 User is offline   Wag-a-Muffin (D) 

  • Still clinging bitterly. . .
  • View blog
  • Group: Blog Moderator
  • Posts: 19,649
  • Joined: 03-November 04

Posted 18 May 2019 - 11:23 AM

Well, good for her. (I still wouldn't eat there. I know I'm not welcome.)


And I still question the wisdom of treating a customer like a leper. But hey, if it works for you and you're happy with looking like a harpy as your business model. . .

This post has been edited by Wag-a-Muffin (D): 18 May 2019 - 11:24 AM

0

#3 User is offline   kestrel 

  • <no title>
  • Group: +Copper Community Supporter
  • Posts: 1,731
  • Joined: 22-January 05

Posted 18 May 2019 - 11:33 AM

View PostLadybird, on 18 May 2019 - 10:41 AM, said:

Red Hen Owner Says Kicking Out Sarah Sanders Ultimately Boosted Business


Wonder what is would be like if Sarah Sanders was a one legged black lesbian who practices Islam?...IMO as the biz owner she should be able to kick anybody she wants to kick out...But coming from yall it just seems like hypocrisy and cognitive dissonance.Nice Petard there though L/B. Thanks. :rolleyes:

Kestrel...
0

#4 User is offline   Ladybird 

  • <no title>
  • Group: +Copper Community Supporter
  • Posts: 17,114
  • Joined: 26-October 07

Posted 18 May 2019 - 11:39 AM

View Postkestrel, on 18 May 2019 - 11:33 AM, said:

Wonder what is would be like if Sarah Sanders was a one legged black lesbian who practices Islam?...IMO as the biz owner she should be able to kick anybody she wants to kick out...But coming from yall it just seems like hypocrisy and cognitive dissonance.Nice Petard there though L/B. Thanks. :rolleyes:

Kestrel...


She wouldn't be Trumps spokes person..


It's not something I would do (well probably not), but yes, she had every right and I give her props for not backing down and giving some lame, insincere apology..
0

#5 User is offline   USNJIMRET 

  • Rule 1:The Chief is right Rule 2:If in doubt, check Rule 1
  • View blog
  • View gallery
  • Group: Platinum Community Supporter
  • Posts: 20,290
  • Joined: 28-February 03

Posted 18 May 2019 - 11:52 AM

Afraid that I would want an independent review of her books before I believed it.
I mean she can claim anything she wants in an Op/Ed piece.
And it's not like lefties lie or concoct or make things up, right?
0

#6 User is offline   kestrel 

  • <no title>
  • Group: +Copper Community Supporter
  • Posts: 1,731
  • Joined: 22-January 05

Posted 18 May 2019 - 11:57 AM

View PostLadybird, on 18 May 2019 - 11:39 AM, said:

She wouldn't be Trumps spokes person..


It's not something I would do (well probably not), but yes, she had every right and I give her props for not backing down and giving some lame, insincere apology..


You give the same "Props" to bidnessess that don't want black teens unattended in the mall?..or how's about the Gay Cake Bake folks? Tough issues I know but take a shot why doncha?

Kestrel...
0

#7 User is offline   Rock N' Roll Right Winger 

  • Pissing off all of the right people
  • Group: Silver
  • Posts: 30,964
  • Joined: 14-October 03

Posted 18 May 2019 - 11:59 AM

View PostUSNJIMRET, on 18 May 2019 - 11:52 AM, said:

Afraid that I would want an independent review of her books before I believed it.
I mean she can claim anything she wants in an Op/Ed piece.
And it's not like lefties lie or concoct or make things up, right?


:yeahthat:

My bullshidt detector is pinned.

I'm not believing that her business is doing all that well as she claims.

Good eats? Ladybird calls selling hate good eats?
0

#8 User is offline   Rock N' Roll Right Winger 

  • Pissing off all of the right people
  • Group: Silver
  • Posts: 30,964
  • Joined: 14-October 03

Posted 18 May 2019 - 12:02 PM

View PostLadybird, on 18 May 2019 - 11:39 AM, said:

She wouldn't be Trumps spokes person..


It's not something I would do (well probably not), but yes, she had every right and I give her props for not backing down and giving some lame, insincere apology..


Of course, this coming from our resident champion of/for criminals, degenerates, deviants and lowlifes.
0

#9 User is offline   RedSoloCup 

  • <no title>
  • Group: +Copper Community Supporter
  • Posts: 5,418
  • Joined: 05-June 15

Posted 18 May 2019 - 12:06 PM

View PostRock N, on 18 May 2019 - 11:59 AM, said:

:yeahthat:

My bullshidt detector is pinned.

I'm not believing that her business is doing all that well as she claims.

Good eats? Ladybird calls selling hate good eats?


:yeahthat:

Figured who the OP was when I clicked on it...

View PostLadybird, on 18 May 2019 - 10:41 AM, said:

Red Hen Owner Says Kicking Out Sarah Sanders Ultimately Boosted Business

The co-owner of the Red Hen in Virginia says her business is still doing well nearly a year after she famously asked White House press secretary Sarah Huckabee Sanders to leave the restaurant. Stephanie Wilkinson writes in an editorial for the Washington Post that she and her employees lived through a year’s worth of online threats, protests, and hate mail (and a handful of supportive letters, too) dumped on her doorstep following the incident.

The Red Hen gained national attention last June for 86ing the Trump administration official, a decision Wilkinson characterized as a stand against a person who defends “inhumane and unethical” presidential policies. Huckabee Sanders tweeted about the incident and was eventually supported by the president, who tweeted his own negative review of the restaurant. Predictably, the restaurant experienced almost immediate right-wing backlash, resulting in both the restaurant owners and employees getting doxxed. In addition to the relentless threats, the Red Hen also received numerous false reservations and eventually closed down for two weeks to regroup.

Despite all the literal chicken <censored> that was thrown at her business, Wilkinson maintains that refusing to serve Huckabee Sanders was a good move that ultimately didn’t harm her restaurant.

When we opened after a 10-day hiatus, our dining room was full. In the following weeks, people who had never been to the Shenandoah Valley traveled out of their way to eat with us. Hundreds of orders for our Red Hen spice blend poured in. And the love spread far beyond our door, as supporters sent thousands of dollars in donations in our honor to our local food pantry, our domestic violence shelter and first responders.

After nearly a year, I’m happy to say that business is still good. Better than good, actually. And besides the boost to our area charities, our town’s hospitality and sales revenue have gone up, too.


<snip>

Link


Nothing beats good eats..


:rolleyes:
0

#10 User is offline   Bookdoc 

  • Daddy's little girl
  • Group: +Silver Community Supporter
  • Posts: 5,158
  • Joined: 07-September 05

Posted 18 May 2019 - 12:11 PM

Of course, if her restaurant is in a libturd coven area, they would love her. If she was in, say South Carolina, might be a little different. The libturd infection seems to be limited so far.
0

#11 User is offline   RedSoloCup 

  • <no title>
  • Group: +Copper Community Supporter
  • Posts: 5,418
  • Joined: 05-June 15

Posted 18 May 2019 - 12:13 PM

View PostBookdoc, on 18 May 2019 - 12:11 PM, said:

Of course, if her restaurant is in a libturd coven area, they would love her. If she was in, say South Carolina, might be a little different. The libturd infection seems to be limited so far.


:exactly:
0

#12 User is offline   Dean Adam Smithee 

  • School of the Cold Hard Facts
  • View gallery
  • Group: Platinum Community Supporter
  • Posts: 21,023
  • Joined: 11-December 04

Posted 18 May 2019 - 01:03 PM

View PostBookdoc, on 18 May 2019 - 12:11 PM, said:

Of course, if her restaurant is in a libturd coven area, they would love her. If she was in, say South Carolina, might be a little different. The libturd infection seems to be limited so far.


It is.

The place is in Lexington VA, an artsy-fartsy college town. It's the home of Washington and Lee U, whose 1,800+ students and 1,000+ employees make up over 1/3 of the town's total population of 7,042 (2010).
0

#13 User is online   erp 

  • Undead Undead Undead
  • Group: Silver
  • Posts: 37,586
  • Joined: 29-November 03

Posted 18 May 2019 - 01:14 PM

This is how much I care...
0

#14 User is offline   Buckwheat Jones 

  • <no title>
  • Group: Bronze
  • Posts: 8,737
  • Joined: 08-May 03

Posted 18 May 2019 - 01:35 PM

View PostLadybird, on 18 May 2019 - 10:41 AM, said:

Red Hen Owner Says Kicking Out Sarah Sanders Ultimately Boosted Business

The co-owner of the Red Hen in Virginia says her business is still doing well nearly a year after she famously asked White House press secretary Sarah Huckabee Sanders to leave the restaurant. Stephanie Wilkinson writes in an editorial for the Washington Post that she and her employees lived through a year’s worth of online threats, protests, and hate mail (and a handful of supportive letters, too) dumped on her doorstep following the incident.

The Red Hen gained national attention last June for 86ing the Trump administration official, a decision Wilkinson characterized as a stand against a person who defends “inhumane and unethical” presidential policies. Huckabee Sanders tweeted about the incident and was eventually supported by the president, who tweeted his own negative review of the restaurant. Predictably, the restaurant experienced almost immediate right-wing backlash, resulting in both the restaurant owners and employees getting doxxed. In addition to the relentless threats, the Red Hen also received numerous false reservations and eventually closed down for two weeks to regroup.

Despite all the literal chicken <censored> that was thrown at her business, Wilkinson maintains that refusing to serve Huckabee Sanders was a good move that ultimately didn’t harm her restaurant.

When we opened after a 10-day hiatus, our dining room was full. In the following weeks, people who had never been to the Shenandoah Valley traveled out of their way to eat with us. Hundreds of orders for our Red Hen spice blend poured in. And the love spread far beyond our door, as supporters sent thousands of dollars in donations in our honor to our local food pantry, our domestic violence shelter and first responders.

After nearly a year, I’m happy to say that business is still good. Better than good, actually. And besides the boost to our area charities, our town’s hospitality and sales revenue have gone up, too.


<snip>

Link


Nothing beats good eats..

Nothing like a full house of intolerant bigots.
0

#15 User is offline   Buckwheat Jones 

  • <no title>
  • Group: Bronze
  • Posts: 8,737
  • Joined: 08-May 03

Posted 18 May 2019 - 01:36 PM

View PostBookdoc, on 18 May 2019 - 12:11 PM, said:

Of course, if her restaurant is in a libturd coven area, they would love her. If she was in, say South Carolina, might be a little different. The libturd infection seems to be limited so far.

Sh!t draws flies.
0

#16 User is online   NH Populist 

  • <no title>
  • Group: +Bronze Community Supporter
  • Posts: 1,410
  • Joined: 30-April 18

Posted 18 May 2019 - 01:48 PM

After the treatment Sarah Sanders received at the Correspondents Dinner a year ago and from this half fast restaurant owner, most people know exactly the kind of tough woman Sarah is. Big deal, Stephanie Wilkinson asks a customer to leave whose politics she disagrees with, that's not tough, it's disrespectful, rude and infantile.

This post has been edited by NH Populist: 18 May 2019 - 01:49 PM

0

#17 User is offline   Ladybird 

  • <no title>
  • Group: +Copper Community Supporter
  • Posts: 17,114
  • Joined: 26-October 07

Posted 18 May 2019 - 02:08 PM

View Postkestrel, on 18 May 2019 - 11:57 AM, said:

You give the same "Props" to bidnessess that don't want black teens unattended in the mall?..or how's about the Gay Cake Bake folks? Tough issues I know but take a shot why doncha?

Kestrel...

Unattended teens in the mall? All of the malls in my area do that.
Fine with me.

They don’t discriminate.

This post has been edited by Ladybird: 18 May 2019 - 02:10 PM

0

#18 User is offline   Guyver888 

  • Newbie
  • Group: Registered Guest
  • Posts: 2
  • Joined: 18-May 19

Posted 18 May 2019 - 02:20 PM

View PostLadybird, on 18 May 2019 - 02:08 PM, said:

Unattended teens in the mall? All of the malls in my area do that.
Fine with me.

They don’t discriminate.

If she was Jewish or black would you still side with the owner. I mean Sarah's race and religion. You libs seem to want to bring back segregation. You are already brought back eugenics while calling it pro-choice. Next thing you know you libs will force us conservatives to wear an armband on are arms if u ever get back into power. You guys are the new Nazis.
0

#19 User is offline   Rock N' Roll Right Winger 

  • Pissing off all of the right people
  • Group: Silver
  • Posts: 30,964
  • Joined: 14-October 03

Posted 18 May 2019 - 02:27 PM

View PostLadybird, on 18 May 2019 - 02:08 PM, said:

Unattended teens in the mall? All of the malls in my area do that.
Fine with me.

They don’t discriminate.

You mean don't discriminate.. against criminals and thugs?
0

#20 User is offline   Wag-a-Muffin (D) 

  • Still clinging bitterly. . .
  • View blog
  • Group: Blog Moderator
  • Posts: 19,649
  • Joined: 03-November 04

Posted 18 May 2019 - 02:36 PM

View PostWag-a-Muffin (D), on 18 May 2019 - 11:23 AM, said:

And I still question the wisdom of treating a customer like a leper. But hey, if it works for you and you're happy with looking like a harpy as your business model. . .


And I'm quite proud of my consistency in this issue. I don't think the Oregon baker should be made to create a gay cake. And I don't think the Little Red Hen Harpy should be forced to serve Trump's Press Secretary dinner, either.

As long as you don't have a monopoly, you should be able to offend as big a percentage of your potential clientele as you'd like.

This post has been edited by Wag-a-Muffin (D): 18 May 2019 - 03:21 PM

0

Share this topic:


  • 4 Pages +
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users