RightNation.US
News (Home) | Righters' Blog | Hollywood Halfwits | Our Store | New User Intro | Link to us | Support Us

RightNation.US: Inside The Mossad: Netflix - RightNation.US

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Inside The Mossad: Netflix Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   Hieronymous 

• Men with ropes around their necks don't always hang
  • Group: Platinum Community Supporter

Posted 10 February 2019 - 04:13 PM

This is a four part series featuring interviews with men and women who served in Mossad in various capacities, from case managers to field agents to director level types. Very interesting, sometimes incredible stories, especially regarding the capture of Eichmann, and the recruiting of Otto Skorzeny (!). I remember reading a book on the Eichmann case when I was a kid, but I was too young to think of asking the most basic question, which was "How on earth were the Israelis even able to do it?"

In many instances,the subjects not surprisingly refuse to answer questions posed to them by the interviewer, but you still get a good idea of the psychological makeup needed to do that kind of work.

The first episode starts with an older former agent describing how they dealt with one of their own who was exposed as a double agent. Wow.

Very much worth a look.

This post has been edited by Hieronymous: 10 February 2019 - 04:14 PM

#2 User is offline   Gertie Keddle 

• <no title>
  • Group: Platinum

Posted 10 February 2019 - 07:55 PM

Watching with my hubby now. Thanks for the recommendation!

#3 User is offline   Wag-a-Muffin (D) 

• Still clinging bitterly. . .
  • View blog
  • Group: Blog Moderator

Posted 10 February 2019 - 08:41 PM

Okay. How is the language? I started to listen to Norm Crosby and was put off by the swearing. (Sorry. I don't care if you listen to a "more adult" show. I don't try to make EVERYBODY have my sensibilities. I'm not a leftist.)

Is the language G or PG? Thanks. It looks really interesting.

#4 User is offline   Gertie Keddle 

• <no title>
  • Group: Platinum

Posted 10 February 2019 - 08:57 PM

View PostWag-a-Muffin (D), on 10 February 2019 - 08:41 PM, said:

Okay. How is the language? I started to listen to Norm Crosby and was put off by the swearing. (Sorry. I don't care if you listen to a "more adult" show. I don't try to make EVERYBODY have my sensibilities. I'm not a leftist.)

The language is Hebrew🙂
I’d say PG. There’s occasional swearing

#5 User is offline   Hieronymous 

Posted 10 February 2019 - 08:59 PM

The rating is TV14. It is in Hebrew with English subtitles, and free of profanity.

Edit...what Gertie said...

This post has been edited by Hieronymous: 10 February 2019 - 09:02 PM

#6 User is offline   Hieronymous 

Posted 10 February 2019 - 09:19 PM

Wag, here is a joke from the Norm Macdonald show you might like: "I wonder who is buried in the grave of the guy who invented the old switcheroo."

#7 User is offline   Wag-a-Muffin (D) 

• Still clinging bitterly. . .
  • View blog
  • Group: Blog Moderator

Posted 10 February 2019 - 09:54 PM

View PostHieronymous, on 10 February 2019 - 09:19 PM, said:

Wag, here is a joke from the Norm Macdonald show you might like: "I wonder who is buried in the grave of the guy who invented the old switcheroo."

Thanks. I like Norm. I was hoping to watch it.

View PostGertie Keddle, on 10 February 2019 - 08:57 PM, said:

The language is Hebrew🙂
I’d say PG. There’s occasional swearing

Thank you!

#8 User is online   USMCforever60 

• <no title>

Posted 11 February 2019 - 10:29 AM

View PostHieronymous, on 10 February 2019 - 04:13 PM, said:

This is a four part series featuring interviews with men and women who served in Mossad in various capacities, from case managers to field agents to director level types. Very interesting, sometimes incredible stories, especially regarding the capture of Eichmann, and the recruiting of Otto Skorzeny (!). I remember reading a book on the Eichmann case when I was a kid, but I was too young to think of asking the most basic question, which was "How on earth were the Israelis even able to do it?"

In many instances,the subjects not surprisingly refuse to answer questions posed to them by the interviewer, but you still get a good idea of the psychological makeup needed to do that kind of work.

The first episode starts with an older former agent describing how they dealt with one of their own who was exposed as a double agent. Wow.

Very much worth a look.

Interesting, this is the second type of show with former Special Ops, first being some title like "Real Stories of the SAS".
Had the honor to work with an Army type while back, we were discussing history (military and social), the hunting of Che and his merry band of dirt-bags came up and my friend mentioned some interesting topographical locations in Bolivia and how rugged the area was and having to hump over that terrain.....my point is true warriors rarely talk about or even discuss their past.

#9 User is offline   Hieronymous 

Posted 11 February 2019 - 11:57 AM

View PostUSMCforever60, on 11 February 2019 - 10:29 AM, said:

Interesting, this is the second type of show with former Special Ops, first being some title like "Real Stories of the SAS".
Had the honor to work with an Army type while back, we were discussing history (military and social), the hunting of Che and his merry band of dirt-bags came up and my friend mentioned some interesting topographical locations in Bolivia and how rugged the area was and having to hump over that terrain.....my point is true warriors rarely talk about or even discuss their past.

Yeah, this seemed different though. They talked in pretty general ways about cases and missions, and one in particular actually had a humorous element. As part of an operation, a team was tasked with opening and running a full service resort on the Red Sea, complete with dive tours. When the mission was over, the place was shuttered, an event which was lamented by the New York Times, saying it had some of the best diving spots in the world. Of course they were oblivious to the reason it was there.

So the feel of this documentary wasn't quite like, say, a Navy SEAL writing a book on getting bin Laden. While watching it, I was thinking there was no way these people would go on camera and say anything without the approval of someone very high up. There may have even been a subtle message or purpose behind it, as if they were saying, "If we want to find you, we will, no matter what."

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users