RightNation.US
News (Home) | Righters' Blog | Hollywood Halfwits | Our Store | New User Intro | Link to us | Support Us

RightNation.US: Iran warns ‘it’s ready for war’ after shooting down US drone - RightNation.US

Iran warns ‘it’s ready for war’ after shooting down US drone Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   MTP Reggie 

• <no title>
  • View gallery
  • Group: +Gold Community Supporter

Posted 20 June 2019 - 07:44 AM

'CLEAR MESSAGE' Iran warns 'it's ready for war' after shooting down US drone as Middle East tensions rise
LATEST
Jenny Awford, Mark Hodge
20 Jun 2019, 9:33 Updated: 20 Jun 2019, 12:31
The Sun

<More Here>

IRAN says it's "ready for war" after shooting down a US "spy" drone today as tensions continue to rise in the Persian Gulf. The Islamic Republic's state-run IRNA news agency has insisted the country's Revolutionary Guard hit the drone when it flew over Iran in a "clear message" to Washington. Iran's state-run IRNA news agency released this picture amid claims the Revolutionary Guard had shot down a US drone.

https://www.thesun.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2019/06/irna-1.jpg

But the US military has challenged these claims saying the drone was gunned down in international airspace over the Strait of Hormuz by an Iranian surface-to-air missile. Earlier, Navy Captain Bill Urban, of America's Central Command, said: "No US aircraft were operating in Iranian airspace today."

Hossein Salami, the commander of Iran's Revolutionary Guard, said that Tehran does "not have any intention for war with any country, but we are ready for war" while insisting "our airspace is a red line". Speaking on Iranian state television, he said this morning's incident sends a "clear message" to the US while issuing a threat to the country's "enemies". General Salami said: "We warn enemies of any aggression at this stage and assure them that we can reach them wherever they are."

IRNA, citing the paramilitary Revolutionary Guard, identified the drone as an RQ-4 Global Hawk - an unmanned aircraft system (UAS) which can fly at high altitudes for more than 30 hours.

SPY DRONE 'SHOT DOWN'

The drones can gather near-real-time, high-resolution imagery of large areas of land in all types of weather, its makers Northrop Grumman says. IRNA had earlier claimed the drone entered Iranian airspace near the Kouhmobarak district in southern Iran's Hormozgan province. The reported shoot-down comes amid heightened tensions between Tehran and Washington.

In recent days, the US confirmed an attempt by Iran to shoot down an American drone last week as well as a successful destruction of one on June 6 by Iran-aligned Houthi forces in Yemen Earlier this week, the US announced plans to deploy more than 1,000 additional troops to the Middle East following bomb attacks on two oil tankers. Photos released by the Pentagon appear to prove Iran's Revolutionary Guard were behind the bomb attacks on the tankers in the Gulf of Oman.

Acting Defence Secretary Patrick Shanahan announced the deployment for what he said were "defensive purposes" citing concerns about a threat from Iran.

TENSIONS RISE

(snip)

<More Here>

#2 User is offline   Confessor 

• <no title>
  • Group: +Copper Community Supporter

Posted 20 June 2019 - 08:36 AM

Drones =/= actual war planes. We should have bombed Iran back to the Stone Age in the 70’s.

Wait, can you bomb a country back to the Stone Age if it is already there? 🤔.

Nevermind. You know what I mean.

#3 User is offline   Kilmerfan 

• Ah hell I still like Mel.
  • Group: Silver

Posted 20 June 2019 - 08:42 AM

#$%& Iran, I haven't trusted them since 1979.

This post has been edited by Kilmerfan: 20 June 2019 - 08:44 AM

#4 User is offline   Noclevermoniker 

• Wire Dachsies Matter
  • Group: +Silver Community Supporter

Posted 20 June 2019 - 08:49 AM

View PostConfessor, on 20 June 2019 - 08:36 AM, said:

Drones =/= actual war planes. We should have bombed Iran back to the Stone Age in the 70’s.

Wait, can you bomb a country back to the Stone Age if it is already there? 🤔.

Nevermind. You know what I mean.

Carter's first call following the sacking of the embassy should have been to the USSR and any allies of ours: "If you have anyone of value in Iran, get them out in the next 6 hours. This isn't about you. Don't make it about you.

Second call to the Ayatollah Assahola: "I'm sending 3 transport aircraft to Tehran to retrieve our citizens. Fire on the planes, or deny our citizens safe passage, and the Hounds of Hell will be released. SAC is right behind the transports, and they're not carrying leaflets urging you to play nice."

Unfortunately, it was Carter in charge.

#5 User is online   oki 

• <no title>
  • Group: +Bronze Community Supporter

Posted 20 June 2019 - 09:06 AM

View PostNoclevermoniker, on 20 June 2019 - 08:49 AM, said:

Carter's first call following the sacking of the embassy should have been to the USSR and any allies of ours: "If you have anyone of value in Iran, get them out in the next 6 hours. This isn't about you. Don't make it about you.

Second call to the Ayatollah Assahola: "I'm sending 3 transport aircraft to Tehran to retrieve our citizens. Fire on the planes, or deny our citizens safe passage, and the Hounds of Hell will be released. SAC is right behind the transports, and they're not carrying leaflets urging you to play nice."

Unfortunately, it was Carter in charge.

Amen good Sir... Amen. But, we all know that Mr. Peanut was appropriate nickname in more ways than one.

Oki

#6 User is offline   Moderator T 

• <no title>
  • View gallery
  • Group: Moderator

Posted 20 June 2019 - 09:18 AM

The photo/footage is faked. It is a cropped version of a photo of a drone shot down in Yemen a few years ago.

#7 User is offline   MTP Reggie 

• <no title>
  • View gallery

Posted 20 June 2019 - 09:23 AM

View PostModerator T, on 20 June 2019 - 09:18 AM, said:

The photo/footage is faked. It is a cropped version of a photo of a drone shot down in Yemen a few years ago.

Yeah, I was wondering how they fired a missile at it from Iran but managed to have that point of view out in the middle of the Strait.

#8 User is online   Dean Adam Smithee 

• School of the Cold Hard Facts
  • View gallery
  • Group: Platinum Community Supporter

Posted 20 June 2019 - 09:28 AM

View PostMTP Reggie, on 20 June 2019 - 07:44 AM, said:

But the US military has challenged these claims saying the drone was gunned down in international airspace over the Strait of Hormuz by an Iranian surface-to-air missile. Earlier, Navy Captain Bill Urban, of America's Central Command, said: "No US aircraft were operating in Iranian airspace today."

Interesting that he had to qualify it with the word "today". LOL.

Were we in fact in their airspace? I dunno. It's possible. By international agreement, "airspace" isn't just over one's land but over territorial water as well, which in this case is almost 1/2 the strait of hormuz.

Do we overfly other country's airspace without permission? Yes, of course, and frequently. Do we occasionally get caught at it and/or shot down? Yes... just ask Major Francis Gary Powers , or the crew of the Navy P3 Orion Syrveilence place that was clipped by a PRC fighter jet in Chinese airspace in '01.

It's all part of the game called 'spying'.

#9 User is offline   gravelrash 

• I wish they all were punk rock girls

Posted 20 June 2019 - 09:39 AM

I noticed that there were more empty seats at Hossein Salami's "ready for war" declaration than there were at PRESIDENT Donald J. Trump's campaign launch in Orlando. Yet Hossein Salami managed to attract more enthusiasm than a Joe Biden rally.

#10 User is offline   vectorsrule 

• Fear is excitement in need of an attitude adjustment
  • Group: Platinum

Posted 20 June 2019 - 09:49 AM

You know I am pro USA, but this statement "No US aircraft were operating in Iranian airspace today," Implies we were likely in their airspace on other days or just isn't true. They have a right to defend their airspace, but if they shot down our equipment in international airspace then that is an act of war. We should respond by shooting down one of their military jets.

That said, has anybody been following the news, blogs and memes around the net. They are blaming trump because Iran is trying to start a war with us. If Obama had made any of the moves Trump is doing now they would be in total support of this stuff. I really do not understand the immature nature of liberals.

#11 User is online   Dean Adam Smithee 

• View gallery

Posted 20 June 2019 - 12:40 PM

View Postvectorsrule, on 20 June 2019 - 09:49 AM, said:

You know I am pro USA, but this statement "No US aircraft were operating in Iranian airspace today," Implies we were likely in their airspace on other days or just isn't true. They have a right to defend their airspace, but if they shot down our equipment in international airspace then that is an act of war. We should respond by shooting down one of their military jets.

That said, has anybody been following the news, blogs and memes around the net. They are blaming trump because Iran is trying to start a war with us. If Obama had made any of the moves Trump is doing now they would be in total support of this stuff. I really do not understand the immature nature of liberals.

I agree on both counts. *IF* it was in international airspace then, yes, an act of war. But before calling it an act of war, I want proof of the international airspace rather than, say, a covert flight gone awry. Prof that is of a level that it would stand up in court and/or under various treaties on the subject.

HERE'S MY CONCERN: I flat out don't trust the Intelligence community and/or the "Deep State" to not be pulling a fast one. Suppose, for the sake of discussion, the drone actually WAS in Iranian airspace on a covert mission (a I have absolutely no quarrel with Covert flights, in fact we'd be remiss if we weren't. But when you get caught, own up to it.) And suppose the intelligence community was withholding this from Trump just to have something to sandbag him with later AFTER he starts something. Then, suddenly, Trump's the "bad guy" and it's all over.

YES, I DO believe the deep state would go THAT far. Especially after they've failed by every other means for the past 2-1/2 years.

#12 User is offline   MTP Reggie 

• <no title>
  • View gallery

Posted 20 June 2019 - 01:21 PM

View PostDean Adam Smithee, on 20 June 2019 - 12:40 PM, said:

I agree on both counts. *IF* it was in international airspace then, yes, an act of war. But before calling it an act of war, I want proof of the international airspace rather than, say, a covert flight gone awry. Prof that is of a level that it would stand up in court and/or under various treaties on the subject.

The military (DoD) uses a command and control system that tracks every aircraft, ship, vehicle and anyone with a datalink radio. I used to write code and integrate hardware for the system they use when I was with a previous employer. They know exactly where that drone was down to two or three decimal places of a Lat/Long second.

https://www.ultra-ats.com/files/images/_medium_ultra-ats_65997.jpg

#13 User is online   Bubbajoebob 

• M dwarf stars

Posted 20 June 2019 - 03:08 PM

Would Iran shoot down an American drone over international waters and lie about it, saying that it was in Iran airspace? Probably. Are there people in the US government who would lie and say that it wasn't in Iran airspace when it really was? Probably. Are there people in the US government who would set up an event like this to try to get the US into a war with Iran. Probably, it's been done before. I wouldn't be surprised with either answer, which is sad. It would be nice to be know my own government is telling the truth and Iran's is lying. But I don't.

#14 User is offline   AntiObama 

• <no title>

Posted 20 June 2019 - 04:51 PM

Hey Ayatollah Pigahola, you took out a 123 million dollar drone so the US military is going to take out 123 billion dollars of your Navy and other military targets.

Trump will take out all of your airports and power grids.

The people of Iran will rise up and hang all of you fleshbags of excrement.

Seyyed Ali Khamenei, get ready to die you filthy pig!!!

#15 User is online   Dean Adam Smithee 

• View gallery

Posted 20 June 2019 - 07:41 PM

View PostMTP Reggie, on 20 June 2019 - 01:21 PM, said:

The military (DoD) uses a command and control system that tracks every aircraft, ship, vehicle and anyone with a datalink radio. I used to write code and integrate hardware for the system they use when I was with a previous employer. They know exactly where that drone was down to two or three decimal places of a Lat/Long second.

Oh, I don't doubt that for instant. What I doubt is the truthfulness of it. Sucks that I have to say that. Doubly sucks that I have to say that having once been part of, broadly, the national security apparatus. But I DO have to say that, especially in the post-Brennan/Comey era.

As mentioned in other posts over the years, Navy CTT (Cryptologic Technican, Technical) (The extra 'T' for 'technical' meaning I repaired/maintained the equipment rather than operated it) '78-84. And the people I hung around with were Fire Control Technicians (FTs), Electronic Warfare Technicians (EWs. I had a fairly good understanding what our capabilities were when I left in '84. Being in the tech world ever since, I can extrapolate based on a general knowledge of how far tech has come since then couple with specific knowledge of similar things in the industrial/infrastructure security sector.

Suffice it to say, I have ZERO doubt of what you're saying.

But I also have ZERO doubt that there are those in the intelligence community who would be MORE than willing to fake this in order to sandbag Trump. After all, they've already attempted to take down Trump with a fake dossier that they've misled a FISA court about. Is it then that much of s stretch to fake a radar/IFF report and mislead the American people about it?

#16 User is offline   Buckwheat Jones 

• <no title>
  • Group: Bronze

Posted 21 June 2019 - 02:58 PM

What’s the point of using a global hawk to monitor shipping in the strait when that can be done by cheaper drones, helos or sats?

#17 User is offline   gravelrash 

Posted 21 June 2019 - 04:38 PM

View PostBuckwheat Jones, on 21 June 2019 - 02:58 PM, said:

What’s the point of using a global hawk to monitor shipping in the strait when that can be done by cheaper drones, helos or sats?

Because we can?

The scuttlebutt is the Iranians are freaking out because the attack was unauthorized possibly rogue. I am satisfied with Trump's reason not to strike back at this time.

#18 User is offline   Buckwheat Jones 

• <no title>

Posted 21 June 2019 - 05:31 PM

Hmmmmm...

#19 User is offline   gravelrash 

Posted 21 June 2019 - 06:06 PM

Instead of a military response, Trump should gather evidence that the IRG is responsible for the attacks on the Japanese tanker and our drone. Skip the United Nations to request more sanctions. Sue the Iranian government in an international court directly. The entire world would lose its sh!t scrambling to blame Trump for not kowtowing to globalist protocol.

#20 User is offline   Buckwheat Jones 

• <no title>

Posted 21 June 2019 - 06:50 PM

View Postgravelrash, on 21 June 2019 - 04:38 PM, said:

Because we can?

The scuttlebutt is the Iranians are freaking out because the attack was unauthorized possibly rogue. I am satisfied with Trump's reason not to strike back at this time.

I am too, but I hope the additional sanctions will have some effect. I think the Iranians are trying to push us into war so they can get international sympathy and galvanize their people. I believe they will continue to press us further.

Share this topic:

• 2 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users