RightNation.US
News (Home) | Righters' Blog | Hollywood Halfwits | Our Store | New User Intro | Link to us | Support Us

RightNation.US: US Army Going Old School With Training - RightNation.US

US Army Going Old School With Training After Too Many Recruits Act “Entitled” Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   MTP Reggie 

• <no title>
  • View gallery
  • Group: +Gold Community Supporter

Posted 17 February 2018 - 10:18 AM

US Army Going Old School With Training After Too Many Recruits Act “Entitled”
BY CILLIAN ZEAL
FEBRUARY 11, 2018 AT 10:29PM
ct.westernjournal.com

<More Here>

It’s little secret that millennials have been stereotyped as “entitled” or “undisciplined.” But is that just an unfair oversimplification by cranky baby boomers and Gen X’ers? After all, every generation seems to grouse about the work ethic of their progeny (or progeny’s progeny, as the case may be).

Well, according to the Army, the lazy, entitled millennial isn’t just a pernicious stereotype. In fact, things are so bad that basic training is actually undergoing a redesign to deal with a new generation of recruits that can most charitably be described as “discipline-challenged.”

“The U.S. Army will soon launch a redesign of Basic Combat Training intended to build more discipline after many commanders complained that new soldiers often show up to their first units with a sloppy appearance and undisciplined attitudes,” Military.com reported Friday.

“By early summer, new recruits will go through Army BCT that’s designed to instill strict discipline and esprit de corps by placing a new emphasis in drill and ceremony, inspections, pride in military history while increasing the focus on critical training such as physical fitness, marksmanship, communications and battlefield first aid skills.”

The new basic training regimen “will also feature three new field training exercises that place a greater emphasis on forcing recruits to demonstrate Warrior Tasks and Battle Drills.”

For those of you not familiar with military training (which I’m sure is nobody), those are the skill sets every incoming soldier is taught in order to prepare for combat conditions.

Maj. Gen. Malcolm Frost — commanding general of the U.S. Army Center of Initial Military Training — told reporters that the new program came out of surveys given to 27,000 commissioned officers, warrant officers and non-commissioned officers.

Somewhat unsurprisingly, they say they’ve “observed a trend of new soldiers fresh out of training displaying a lack of obedience and poor work ethic as well as being careless with equipment, uniform and appearance.”

“What leaders have observed in general is they believe that there is too much of a sense of entitlement, questioning of lawful orders, not listening to instruction, too much of a buddy mentality with NCOs and officers and a lot of tardiness being late to formation and duties,” Frost said.

(snip)

<More Here>

#2 User is offline   Severian 

• Order of the Seekers for Truth & Penitence

Posted 17 February 2018 - 10:51 AM

They also are stopping teaching grenade training and land navigation in basic, deferring it until after basic. Because, none of the little snowflakes knows how to f'ing throw, nor do they understand looking around the terrain instead of staring at a smart phone screen.

#3 User is offline   Taggart Transcontinental 

• <no title>
  • View gallery

Posted 17 February 2018 - 05:32 PM

I started looking for a new job after running into a snowflake that made idiotic claims about me. So now I am in the process of a career change to something I will enjoy a lot more. Obama really screwed up the military and it will take years to fix what he did.

#4 User is offline   Rock N' Roll Right Winger 

• Pissing off all of the right people
  • Group: Silver

Posted 17 February 2018 - 08:23 PM

No they won't.

They will dumb it down like everything else because they cannot get enough recruits as it is.

#5 User is offline   Rock N' Roll Right Winger 

• Pissing off all of the right people
  • Group: Silver

Posted 17 February 2018 - 08:26 PM

View PostTaggart Transcontinental, on 17 February 2018 - 05:32 PM, said:

I started looking for a new job after running into a snowflake that made idiotic claims about me. So now I am in the process of a career change to something I will enjoy a lot more. Obama really screwed up the military and it will take years to fix what he did.

In all of my past jobs, I have outlasted every such snowflake co-worker that ever started any crap with me.

I should have left my last job sooner because of my employer's dishonesty, but I stuck it out to prove a point and principle wise I won every time and they all quit or were fired soon after ****ing with me.

I beat out 7 such <censored>s after 23 years of watching them come in and start trying to boss/bully people around as they kept talking their shidt and lying.

This post has been edited by Rock N' Roll Right Winger: 17 February 2018 - 08:28 PM

#6 User is offline   scotsman 

• <no title>
  • Group: Bronze

Posted 18 February 2018 - 08:03 AM

View PostRock N, on 17 February 2018 - 08:26 PM, said:

In all of my past jobs, I have outlasted every such snowflake co-worker that ever started any crap with me.

I should have left my last job sooner because of my employer's dishonesty, but I stuck it out to prove a point and principle wise I won every time and they all quit or were fired soon after ****ing with me.

I beat out 7 such <censored>s after 23 years of watching them come in and start trying to boss/bully people around as they kept talking their shidt and lying.

:clap:

#7 User is offline   scotsman 

• <no title>

Posted 18 February 2018 - 08:07 AM

The British army and armed forces has the same issue. More or less.

Since the 90s, the junk food culture, computer games and the British teen love of drink and drugs has left a generation of unfit schoolleavers at 16-18. Add to that their stroppy attitude. Whilst we still take in plenty of good kids and young people, we have had to plug gaps esp in the army with young fit and willing youth from the Commonwealth: places like Fiji, the Caribbean. Fijians especially are fantastic soldiers.

#8 User is offline   MTP Reggie 

• <no title>
  • View gallery

Posted 18 February 2018 - 09:16 AM

View Postscotsman, on 18 February 2018 - 08:07 AM, said:

The British army and armed forces has the same issue. More or less.

Since the 90s, the junk food culture, computer games and the British teen love of drink and drugs has left a generation of unfit schoolleavers at 16-18. Add to that their stroppy attitude. Whilst we still take in plenty of good kids and young people, we have had to plug gaps esp in the army with young fit and willing youth from the Commonwealth: places like Fiji, the Caribbean. Fijians especially are fantastic soldiers.

#9 User is offline   oki 

• <no title>
  • Group: +Bronze Community Supporter

Posted 20 February 2018 - 12:05 PM

This is LONG overdue. Was already seeing this sh$t in 95. IE For Jackson was a co-ed unit and the newbies coming from there where AS A RULE worthless. The guys who came from Leonard Wood and Sill I would take in a heart beat. No comparison, ZERO in mentality, discipline, work ethic etc.

Oki

#10 User is offline   oki 

• <no title>

Posted 20 February 2018 - 12:11 PM

View PostMTP Reggie, on 18 February 2018 - 09:16 AM, said:

Awesome, another favorite...

https://www.youtube....h?v=mnIBk-0KLi0

As comical as this may have been, they where actually pretty sharp.

Granted this wasn't 'military unit', but nothing beats this one.
I guarantee you this will stick in your head.
https://www.youtube....h?v=G59JnM4JKNQ

Oki

#11 User is offline   corporal_little 

• What is your major malfunction....

Posted 20 February 2018 - 12:14 PM

For what it's worth, the Marine Corps has never stopped doing it old school. At least not until forced to by the civilians.

#12 User is offline   Buckwheat Jones 

• <no title>

Posted 20 February 2018 - 12:53 PM

View Postcorporal_little, on 20 February 2018 - 12:14 PM, said:

For what it's worth, the Marine Corps has never stopped doing it old school. At least not until forced to by the civilians.

A good friend of mine is a doctor at HRC Knox. He says that when the marines come in to use the tank trails, it’s always a sharp contrast between them and the army guys when it comes to the clinic

Army guys want to get excused from work because they have colds

Marines come in bleeding, ask for a bandage, then want to go back to what they were doing on their tank.

#13 User is offline   MTP Reggie 

• <no title>
  • View gallery

Posted 20 February 2018 - 01:01 PM

View PostBuckwheat Jones, on 20 February 2018 - 12:53 PM, said:

A good friend of mine is a doctor at HRC Knox. He says that when the marines come in to use the tank trails, it’s always a sharp contrast between them and the army guys when it comes to the clinic

Marines come in bleeding, ask for a bandage, then want to go back to what they were doing on their tank.

It's difficult to convey this joke without seeing it in person, but here goes...

What's the Marines' word for 'helicopter'?

(pointing at the sky) - "OH! OH! OH! OH! OH!"

#14 User is offline   oki 

• <no title>

Posted 20 February 2018 - 01:03 PM

View PostMTP Reggie, on 20 February 2018 - 01:01 PM, said:

It's difficult to convey this joke without seeing it in person, but here goes...

What's the Marines' word for 'helicopter'?

(pointing at the sky) - "OH! OH! OH! OH! OH!"

The version I heard (as was told to me by a Marine no less) was Duh Duh Duh Duh Duh Duh.... I don't remember all of the jokes, but he knew some doozies.

Oki

#15 User is offline   oki 

• <no title>

Posted 20 February 2018 - 01:10 PM

View PostBuckwheat Jones, on 20 February 2018 - 12:53 PM, said:

For what it's worth something people need to understand is that the Army is the most diverse in regards to not just size but also jobs. While some office puke in the Army is exactly what you described, others in combat arms especially try to avoid Sick Call and docs like the plague. I saw both extremes. The mentality between combat arms units and various support type units in many cases couldn't be greater. And yeah, it all starts at Basic.
Everything from high P.T. Standards to Discipline to Being Part of a Team.

Oki

#16 User is offline   corporal_little 

• What is your major malfunction....

Posted 20 February 2018 - 01:46 PM

View Postoki, on 20 February 2018 - 01:10 PM, said:

For what it's worth something people need to understand is that the Army is the most diverse in regards to not just size but also jobs. While some office puke in the Army is exactly what you described, others in combat arms especially try to avoid Sick Call and docs like the plague. I saw both extremes. The mentality between combat arms units and various support type units in many cases couldn't be greater. And yeah, it all starts at Basic.
Everything from high P.T. Standards to Discipline to Being Part of a Team.

Oki

I think you nailed the problem. Regardless of MOS, all Marines go through the same boot camp and all Marines go through some form of Infantry Training after boot camp.

#17 User is offline   oki 

• <no title>

Posted 20 February 2018 - 02:55 PM

View Postcorporal_little, on 20 February 2018 - 01:46 PM, said:

I think you nailed the problem. Regardless of MOS, all Marines go through the same boot camp and all Marines go through some form of Infantry Training after boot camp.

Yup, the guys who went through all male old school 'or close to it' came to advanced training much more disciplined, respectful, harder working, and where rarely problems. Those who came from Co-Ed where worthless. No discipline, little respect for authority, often lazy, and many barely had or even lacked basic Soldiers skills. It was as if standards where lowered so everyone could pass. No doubt this crap was intentional, the long term harm was immeasurable, I can only hope that they got 'checked' when they reached their regular units. And, it wasn't just me either. During this time I had kept in contact with a few people from my old unit at Fort Sill who where reporting exactly the same things with guys they where getting as well. Same exact sh$t, the guys who trained at places like Sill, Leonard Wood, or Benning where typically disciplined, hard working, respectful, and the kind of newbies you where happy to have. Damn near all from Jackson where worthless. Can't help but wonder if the same crap simply spread to the other training bases as well.

Oki

#18 User is offline   GI JANE 

• Not all women wore love beads in the sixties.
  • View blog
  • Group: Gold

Posted 22 February 2018 - 07:29 PM

I went to Ft. Jackson in 1976. We had 'old school' training and Drill Sergeants who put us through <censored> every day and called us some of the most unique names I've ever heard. I earned the title of Soldier. I didn't feel the least bit 'entitled'.

#19 User is offline   oki 

• <no title>

Posted 23 February 2018 - 08:15 AM

View PostGI JANE, on 22 February 2018 - 07:29 PM, said:

I went to Ft. Jackson in 1976. We had 'old school' training and Drill Sergeants who put us through <censored> every day and called us some of the most unique names I've ever heard. I earned the title of Soldier. I didn't feel the least bit 'entitled'.

Good to hear from you and know your doing well. Hopefully things have come back around, but I can tell you that by 95' and at least until 01' the kids and I mean kids coming out of there where 8 the f' up! When I went through Sill in 92' the Drill Sergeants didn't have to yell to terribly much to begin with one most of the guys didn't cause to much trouble and listened well enough and 2 the Drill Sergeants were freaken' psychotic enough to not need to yell and curse to motivate us, there presence was typically enough. Plus, losing damn near a fourth of your entire Company to injuries is also one hell of a motivating factor.
If I remember correctly we started with about 240 guys, just over 200 finished. I think only about 4 or 5 where lost do to non injuries, flat feet, psych etc.

About half the injuries came due to wounds from an 'indirect fire accident' during the Field Training Exercise. One could say we definitely got our asses baptized that day. But, I digress... If this sh$t wasn't so serious it'd be funny.

Oki

#20 User is offline   Tea Party Hooligan 

• I kick puppies

Posted 23 February 2018 - 09:36 AM

View Postcorporal_little, on 20 February 2018 - 12:14 PM, said:

Sorry bud.

https://www.marineco...ment-for-hikes/

Share this topic:

• 2 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users