RightNation.US
News (Home) | Righters' Blog | Hollywood Halfwits | Our Store | New User Intro | Link to us | Support Us

RightNation.US: Unhinged Maniac Already Listening To Christmas Music - RightNation.US

Unhinged Maniac Already Listening To Christmas Music Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   MTP Reggie 

• <no title>
  • View gallery
  • Group: +Gold Community Supporter

Posted 04 November 2018 - 08:46 AM

Unhinged Maniac Already Listening To Christmas Music
November 2nd, 2018
BabylonBee

<More Here>

WYOMING, MI—According to concerned friends and family, local unstable woman Beth Carillo is already listening to Christmas music, despite the fact that it's barely November.

The unhinged psychopath woke up on the first of November and dusted off her favorite Mariah Carey and Amy Grant Christmas albums and turned them on full blast, to the chagrin of her family members.

"Please pray for Beth and the sanity of our family," her husband said as he took shelter in his car. "When she gets into Christmas music mode, it's a rough two or three months for the rest of us."

The family tried calling several local psychiatric hospitals, but they were already overloaded with women who started listening to Christmas tunes in October. "This is a national health crisis," said a National Institute of Mental Health official. "Millions suffer every year—not just the unhinged lunatics who think that listening to Christmas music anytime before December is healthy and normal, but their poor, afflicted family members."

"Our thoughts and prayers go out to Beth and her family," he said.

(snip)

<More Here>

#2 User is offline   MontyPython 

• Pull My Finger.....
  • View gallery
  • Group: Gold

Posted 04 November 2018 - 10:19 AM

Uh oh...I might have to check my sweetie into a mental hospital. Just yesterday she was dusting off the Christmas CDs...

:huh:

#3 User is online   Rock N' Roll Right Winger 

• Pissing off all of the right people
  • Group: Silver

Posted 04 November 2018 - 10:35 AM

Color me guilty this time.

I've been listening to Christmas music because I plan on building one of those computer controlled outdoor "Megapixel" LED Christmas trees and timing it to my favorite Christmas music. ^_^

#4 User is offline   Severian 

• Order of the Seekers for Truth & Penitence

Posted 04 November 2018 - 11:22 AM

:biglaugh:

Might be talking about my wife, but she doesn't start early or listen to Xmas music. With her, it's the sappy Xmas movies, especially the old ones, Christmas In Connecticut, White Christmas, etc. She starts a couple of weeks before though, so it's not as bad as above, but she does decorating, and package wrapping, sitting watching these old warhorses.

As an antidote I have to dig out the very cynical Blackadder Xmas Special DVD, and rewatch the Black Mirror extremely black and dark White Christmas episode.

The only two "happy" Xmas things I have to watch are the Peanuts Xmas Special and A Christmas Story (where every year I hope little Ralphie gets an AR15 for his gift).

As for music, I have a similarly dour friend who made a CD of kind of downer Xmas related songs I dig out every year. It includes a Tom Lehrer piece:

God rest ye merry merchants may you make the Yuletide pay
Angels we have heard on high, telling us to go and buy

At Christmas day you can't be sore, your fellow man you must adore
There's time to hate him all the more, the other three hundred and sixty four

#5 User is offline   MontyPython 

• Pull My Finger.....
  • View gallery

Posted 04 November 2018 - 11:58 AM

View PostSeverian, on 04 November 2018 - 11:22 AM, said:

:biglaugh:

Might be talking about my wife, but she doesn't start early or listen to Xmas music. With her, it's the sappy Xmas movies, especially the old ones, Christmas In Connecticut, White Christmas, etc. She starts a couple of weeks before though, so it's not as bad as above, but she does decorating, and package wrapping, sitting watching these old warhorses.

As an antidote I have to dig out the very cynical Blackadder Xmas Special DVD, and rewatch the Black Mirror extremely black and dark White Christmas episode.

The only two "happy" Xmas things I have to watch are the Peanuts Xmas Special and A Christmas Story (where every year I hope little Ralphie gets an AR15 for his gift).

As for music, I have a similarly dour friend who made a CD of kind of downer Xmas related songs I dig out every year. It includes a Tom Lehrer piece:

God rest ye merry merchants may you make the Yuletide pay
Angels we have heard on high, telling us to go and buy

At Christmas day you can't be sore, your fellow man you must adore
There's time to hate him all the more, the other three hundred and sixty four

LOL

Good thing you don't live close enough to visit here. I love all those sappy old Christmas movies - It's a Wonderful Life, Miracle On 34th Street, A Christmas Carol, etc etc etc. The sappier the better!

And I'll be humming all those old sappy songs, too.

WooHoo Christmas!

:D

#6 User is offline   Severian 

Posted 04 November 2018 - 12:35 PM

I'd have to tie you down and show you the Black Mirror White Christmas episode!

Black Mirror White Christmas

The description isn't all that accurate or good, it's much better and darker than it appears here.

#7 User is offline   MontyPython 

• Pull My Finger.....
  • View gallery

Posted 04 November 2018 - 04:17 PM

View PostSeverian, on 04 November 2018 - 12:35 PM, said:

I'd have to tie you down and show you the Black Mirror White Christmas episode!

Black Mirror White Christmas

The description isn't all that accurate or good, it's much better and darker than it appears here.

Yep, you'd hafta tie me down. (Really only kidding. I love the Blackadder Christmas show.)

Meanwhile, we're teaching the Sunday School kids "Away In A Manger" to sing in church the Sunday before Christmas.

:nanner:

#8 User is offline   Joe the Pagan 

• I'm a Whovian not a Dweeb
  • View blog
  • Group: Platinum Community Supporter

Posted 04 November 2018 - 05:01 PM

View PostRock N, on 04 November 2018 - 10:35 AM, said:

Color me guilty this time.

I've been listening to Christmas music because I plan on building one of those computer controlled outdoor "Megapixel" LED Christmas trees and timing it to my favorite Christmas music. ^_^

What micro-controller are you going to use to control the lights?

#9 User is offline   Ticked@TinselTown 

• Unimpressed with Celebutards since Always
  • View blog
  • Group: Platinum Community Supporter

Posted 04 November 2018 - 06:33 PM

Well, somebody better send out the butterfly net brigade to visit retailers who have Christmas stuff up in stores alongside the Halloween section...

#10 User is online   Rock N' Roll Right Winger 

• Pissing off all of the right people

Posted 04 November 2018 - 06:44 PM

View PostJoe the Pagan, on 04 November 2018 - 05:01 PM, said:

What micro-controller are you going to use to control the lights?

http://www.holidayco...ctcode=721%2DV3

I'm new/beginning on this.

I bought their 9.5' x 8' megapixel tree kit with the nodes instead of the CCD ribbon tapes and also the 36" star kit.

http://www.holidayco...t-p/813-180.htm

http://www.holidayco...-p/123-kit4.htm

It's all going to be E1.31 (ethernet/DMX) controlled using my laptop PC.

If time and money permits, I will build my own home and window outline string system, probably using the CCD ribbon tape for the window and door frames, and the nodes on PVC pipe strings for the gutter and roof line.
I'm still figuring out what I'll need for that, still measuring and adding up the power draws and number of channels/controllers and power supplies that I'll need for those and how/where that I will mount everything.

By next year I plan on building two matrix screen displays (like a jumbotron) with the black plastic mesh using RGB nodes to cover the front windows.

Big kid's toys! ^_^

Once I learn how to do this and build my own system and make it work flawlessly, I might build and install these for friends/businesses if there is enough $$$$$ in it?

As of right now, nobody here in my city (that I'm aware of) is doing this yet?

Now the one below, well that's probably about $15,000 worth or more, way out of my budget. But awesome!

I'm sticking to much more traditional Christmas music. No hip hop or techno in my programs.

This post has been edited by Rock N' Roll Right Winger: 04 November 2018 - 07:18 PM

#11 User is offline   BerkeleyUnderground 

• <no title>

Posted 04 November 2018 - 06:56 PM

I was going to put up some Christmas lights today but then I started checking on/ updating a few little used computers and found some problems which are different than what I thought they were.

Anyway, I don't know if they're still available, but in years past, there used to be a number of Christmas music apps.

This post has been edited by BerkeleyUnderground: 04 November 2018 - 07:01 PM

#12 User is offline   Severian 

Posted 04 November 2018 - 06:57 PM

View PostMontyPython, on 04 November 2018 - 04:17 PM, said:

Yep, you'd hafta tie me down. (Really only kidding. I love the Blackadder Christmas show.)

Meanwhile, we're teaching the Sunday School kids "Away In A Manger" to sing in church the Sunday before Christmas.

You fiend! That's child abuse!!!

View PostTicked@TinselTown, on 04 November 2018 - 06:33 PM, said:

Well, somebody better send out the butterfly net brigade to visit retailers who have Christmas stuff up in stores alongside the Halloween section...

:yeahthat:
Same here. Samey same everywhere sadly.

Hark the herald angels sing,
Advertising wondrous things.

#13 User is offline   Ben Cranklin 

• Satiric Curmudgeon

Posted 04 November 2018 - 10:48 PM

Wow, I only just took down my Halloween lawn decorations today and put up my Thanksgiving ones. Christmas won’t go up till the day after Thanksgiving, at the earliest.

#14 User is offline   AnnieGotHerGun 

• <no title>
  • Group: +Silver Community Supporter

Posted 04 November 2018 - 10:57 PM

View PostMontyPython, on 04 November 2018 - 04:17 PM, said:

You teaching Sunday School, Monty??? Pretty Cool!
I've already got my Sirius radio tuned to the holiday classics channel. They usually have more than one so I'm searching to see if
I can find more. I love the holidays!

#15 User is offline   AnnieGotHerGun 

• <no title>
  • Group: +Silver Community Supporter

Posted 04 November 2018 - 10:58 PM

View PostBen Cranklin, on 04 November 2018 - 10:48 PM, said:

Wow, I only just took down my Halloween lawn decorations today and put up my Thanksgiving ones. Christmas won’t go up till the day after Thanksgiving, at the earliest.

You don't listen to Jingle Bells while setting up your lawn Pilgrims?

#16 User is offline   MontyPython 

• Pull My Finger.....
  • View gallery

Posted 05 November 2018 - 12:19 AM

View PostAnnieGotHerGun, on 04 November 2018 - 10:57 PM, said:

You teaching Sunday School, Monty??? Pretty Cool!

Actually, it's my girlfriend who's the Sunday School teacher. But every now & then the teachers give the kids a break and suspend the regular lessons for a couple weeks, teach them a really simple song (most of them are VERY young kids), and then when they've got it memorized they sing it for the whole congregation. Last time it was "I've Got The Joy Joy Joy Joy Down In My Heart". I get called in to help on these occasions not only because I'm good with little kids, and can easily accompany them on guitar to keep them in the proper key and time, but also because having so many years onstage under my belt, I'm pretty much the only one who doesn't get nervous during the actual performance, LOL. The kids take comfort from the fact that I don't get all flustered, and look to me when they forget the words or whatever.

But "Away In A Manger" has slightly harder lyrics for little kids than a mostly repetitious song like "Joy Joy Joy". Plus unlike last time, this time the timing is important (what's the point of a Christmas song in January?) So we're starting early in order to guarantee they'll have it down by Dec 23rd (the Sunday before Christmas.)

I have as much fun doing this as the kids do.

:)

#17 User is offline   Severian 

Posted 05 November 2018 - 09:12 AM

I'm waiting for you to teach them ZZ Top's "Pearl Necklace" for an encore Monty. :whistling:

#18 User is offline   MontyPython 

• Pull My Finger.....
  • View gallery

Posted 05 November 2018 - 10:51 AM

View PostSeverian, on 05 November 2018 - 09:12 AM, said:

I'm waiting for you to teach them ZZ Top's "Pearl Necklace" for an encore Monty. :whistling:

LOL

Naw, I think we'll do Stephen Lynch's "Medieval Bush" next...

:whistling:

#19 User is offline   Severian 

Posted 05 November 2018 - 05:03 PM

Or ZZ Top's "Under Pressure"

She don't like other women
She likes whips and chains
She likes cocaine
And flipping out with Great Danes

She's go me under pressure

She might get out a nightstick
And hurt me real real bad
By the roadside, in a ditch

She's got me under pressure

:coolshades:

Man, do I love that little old band from Texas!

#20 User is offline   MontyPython 

• Pull My Finger.....
  • View gallery

Posted 05 November 2018 - 07:49 PM

View PostSeverian, on 05 November 2018 - 05:03 PM, said:

Or ZZ Top's "Under Pressure"

She don't like other women
She likes whips and chains
She likes cocaine
And flipping out with Great Danes

She's go me under pressure

She might get out a nightstick
And hurt me real real bad
By the roadside, in a ditch

She's got me under pressure

:coolshades:

Man, do I love that little old band from Texas!

Yup, I'm a huge ZZ Top fan too.

:yes:

Share this topic:

• 2 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users