RightNation.US
News (Home) | Righters' Blog | Hollywood Halfwits | Our Store | New User Intro | Link to us | Support Us

RightNation.US: ĎAllah est grandí: Muslims laugh as blaze destroys Notre Dame - RightNation.US

ĎAllah est grandí: Muslims laugh as blaze destroys Notre Dame ISIS fanatics revel in Notre Dame's destruction days before Easter ((Merged)) Rate Topic: -----

#101 User is offline   Magic Rat 

• <no title>
  • Group: Bronze

Posted 21 April 2019 - 05:28 PM

View PostNoclevermoniker, on 21 April 2019 - 03:13 PM, said:

Nope, but Helll awaits every single one of them.

Actually, I misquoted you. I take it back. Sorry.

#102 User is offline   Ladybird 

• <no title>
  • Group: +Copper Community Supporter

Posted 21 April 2019 - 06:55 PM

View PostMagic Rat, on 21 April 2019 - 04:41 PM, said:

Hell awaits people at The Feast of San Gennaro? That is one unforgiving god you have there. I'm probably in big trouble when I give a card to my girlfriend on St. Valentine's day or have a beer on St. Pat's.

No. He means hell awaits all who do not subscribe to his beliefs. I think it's all mighty presumptuous, but will be sorted out one way or the other.

This post has been edited by Ladybird: 21 April 2019 - 07:13 PM

#103 User is offline   Magic Rat 

• <no title>
  • Group: Bronze

Posted 21 April 2019 - 07:20 PM

View PostLadybird, on 21 April 2019 - 06:55 PM, said:

No. He means hell awaits all who do not subscribe to his beliefs. I think it's all mighty presumptuous, but will be sorted out one way or the other.

Yeah, I saw I misquoted him. I'm not sure he means what you are saying here either. I think he means those who are giggling about the fire at Notre Dame.

I'm lapsed Catholic and not very religious but I get a little uncomfortable predicting who is going to Hell and who isn't. However, since the Feast of San Gennaro and other festivals seem to be considered Bacchanal orgies by some `Christians', I'm not sure if the burning of Notre Dame is that big of a tragedy. Since it was full of relics and icons for the idolaters and all.

This post has been edited by Magic Rat: 21 April 2019 - 07:21 PM

#104 User is online   Noclevermoniker 

• Wire Dachsies Matter
  • Group: +Silver Community Supporter

Posted 21 April 2019 - 09:05 PM

View PostLadybird, on 21 April 2019 - 06:55 PM, said:

[sigh] you sure can read a lot into a simple statement. But youíre right. It will ďget sorted outĒ.

#105 User is offline   Howsithangin 

• The more ppl I meet, the more I like my cats
  • Group: +Bronze Community Supporter

Posted 21 April 2019 - 10:11 PM

View PostDean Adam Smithee, on 21 April 2019 - 04:50 PM, said:

I've done engineering projects in both "North Jersey" Paterson-Paramus-Ridgewood and also "South Jersey"; US Naval Engineering Station Earle, formerly know as "Lakehurst" of Hindenburg fame (Oh the humanity). Two different worlds.

Indeed, two different worlds. South Joisey is quite nice, agrarian with beaches, civilized people of all racial flavors, Conservative. Best peaches and tomatoes on the planet

#106 User is offline   Howsithangin 

Posted 21 April 2019 - 10:12 PM

View PostLadybird, on 16 April 2019 - 02:44 PM, said:

Thereís been hundreds of Muslims killed by Muslims (and other) terrorists in African countries that donít rate media attention either.

Glad we can finally agree on this topic. /end :)

#107 User is offline   ASE 

• You do NOT have a right to NOT BE OFFENDED!!
  • View gallery
  • Group: Platinum Community Supporter

Posted 24 April 2019 - 11:46 AM

View PostDean Adam Smithee, on 21 April 2019 - 04:27 PM, said:

It's why I believe in the Quaker concept of "inner light". Have you ever had an "epiphany"? An almost-indescribable moment wherein, suddenly, you see what you've always seen but now, by the grace of the almighty, perceive and understand it in a way that you've never perceived or understood it before? Of course, such things require "clarity", a consensus amongst fellow believers, lest one be deceived by the ultimate deceiver.

My most recent 'epiphany' was when I was pondering the answer to the question, "If God is such a loving just and righteous Father to us all, they why is there so much suffering in the world?"

I now know the answer. The odd part was that I had always known the answer, but had not truly perceived it as clearly as I do now. It's like a veil is removed from you mind.

This post has been edited by ASE: 24 April 2019 - 11:48 AM

#108 User is offline   ASE 

• View gallery

Posted 24 April 2019 - 11:57 AM

View PostLadybird, on 21 April 2019 - 08:53 AM, said:

http://mercyhour.org/wp-content/uploads/2016/09/san_genarro.jpg

I wouldn't advise messing with these folks, even if it offends you.

The difference is whether or not I run the country.

They may think they are doing good, but to me that smacks of idolatry. Where did the practice of 'patron saint' stuff get started? Did Christ initiate it? Did he ever recommend it? The only intercession I am aware of was when Christ mentioned he would send a 'comforter' (the Holy Ghost) once He had returned to "the Father".

Who is greater a prophet or a saint? Have there been any instances of people praying to prophets, or merely asking them to "inquire of God" on one matter or another? Yet people continually pray to lesser beings, 'patron saints' to intercede for them. Doesn't make much sense, neh?

#109 User is online   tailgunner 

• <no title>

Posted 24 April 2019 - 04:57 PM

View PostASE, on 24 April 2019 - 11:57 AM, said:

The difference is whether or not I run the country.

They may think they are doing good, but to me that smacks of idolatry. Where did the practice of 'patron saint' stuff get started? Did Christ initiate it? Did he ever recommend it? The only intercession I am aware of was when Christ mentioned he would send a 'comforter' (the Holy Ghost) once He had returned to "the Father".

Who is greater a prophet or a saint? Have there been any instances of people praying to prophets, or merely asking them to "inquire of God" on one matter or another? Yet people continually pray to lesser beings, 'patron saints' to intercede for them. Doesn't make much sense, neh?

I'd have to say they hope those people have god's ear. Take Sister Marie-Bernard of Lourdes. If the Holy Virgin went to the trouble to speak to her. It wouldn't be unreasonable to believe their prayers to her would be well received in return.

#110 User is offline   ASE 

• View gallery

Posted 25 April 2019 - 12:17 PM

View Posttailgunner, on 24 April 2019 - 04:57 PM, said:

I'd have to say they hope those people have god's ear. Take Sister Marie-Bernard of Lourdes. If the Holy Virgin went to the trouble to speak to her. It wouldn't be unreasonable to believe their prayers to her would be well received in return.

Yes, I get that, but where was the practice ever sanctioned by God, or by Christ? He has always come through for me when I ask for help or guidance, why would I ever turn to anyone else?

#111 User is online   tailgunner 

• <no title>

Posted 25 April 2019 - 01:34 PM

View PostASE, on 25 April 2019 - 12:17 PM, said:

Yes, I get that, but where was the practice ever sanctioned by God, or by Christ? He has always come through for me when I ask for help or guidance, why would I ever turn to anyone else?

For Catholics it's been a normal occurrence. When they say the rosary, who are they talking to? Mary. Why would it then be unnatural not to add others as their deeds on earth came to light? Things that weren't hundred of years ago. In some cases, happened during their lifetimes confirming for them proof of god's hand. Then there's the whole Catholic, Protestant tiff. It's all how you look at things.

#112 User is offline   oki 

• <no title>

Posted 25 April 2019 - 03:10 PM

View Posttailgunner, on 25 April 2019 - 01:34 PM, said:

For Catholics it's been a normal occurrence. When they say the rosary, who are they talking to? Mary. Why would it then be unnatural not to add others as their deeds on earth came to light? Things that weren't hundred of years ago. In some cases, happened during their lifetimes confirming for them proof of god's hand. Then there's the whole Catholic, Protestant tiff. It's all how you look at things.

Let's not forget the beef between Catholics and Lutherans....
Kneeling vs standing every 2 minutes is a big deal ya' know!
:tongue2:

Oki

#113 User is offline   Dean Adam Smithee 

• School of the Cold Hard Facts
  • View gallery

Posted 25 April 2019 - 06:31 PM

View Posttailgunner, on 24 April 2019 - 04:57 PM, said:

View PostASE, on 25 April 2019 - 12:17 PM, said:

As a Quaker, it's a matter of "Clearness". Did the almighty speak to you "directly"?

First test is, is it 'scriptural'? I probably shouldn't, but I'll accept the catholic cannon as at least a starting point.

Second test is, "Is it plausible??? Does it stand the "test of time"??? I will make my stand on this: 4,000+ years of recorded history. We KNOW what works, we KNOW what doesn't, so WHY PUTZ AROUND ABOUT IT????

#114 User is offline   Howsithangin 

Posted 26 April 2019 - 12:51 AM

View Postoki, on 25 April 2019 - 03:10 PM, said:

Let's not forget the beef between Catholics and Lutherans....
Kneeling vs standing every 2 minutes is a big deal ya' know!
:tongue2:

Oki

Catholic calisthenics! :D

Share this topic:

• 6 Pages +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users