RightNation.US
News (Home) | Righters' Blog | Hollywood Halfwits | Our Store | New User Intro | Link to us | Support Us

RightNation.US: Even future ‘short Ice Age’ wouldn’t disprove global warming - RightNation.US

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Even future ‘short Ice Age’ wouldn’t disprove global warming Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   MTP Reggie 

• <no title>
  • Group: +Gold Community Supporter

Posted 31 December 2017 - 09:23 AM

Even future ‘short Ice Age’ wouldn’t disprove global warming, former NASA climate scientist argues
December 29, 2017
Luis Miguel
bizpacreview.com

<More Laughs Here>

At this point, liberals are willing to point to anything–even global cooling–as evidence of global warming. James Hansen, former director of NASA’s Godard Institute for Space Studies, published a paper suggesting that global warming will cause a short ice age in the near future. Hansen called global temperatures an “unreliable diagnostic of planetary condition as the ice melt rate increases,” and said “global energy imbalance” is a “more meaningful measure of planetary status.” He also predicted “large scale regional cooling occurs in the North Atlantic and Southern oceans by mid-century.”

According to Hansen’s paper, global warming would not be disproven–but confirmed–by the occurrence of an ice age.

“Energy reporter” Sammy Roth offered similar arguments, writing at USA Today that record cold weather in the US this year does not diminish the credibility of climate change science.

“This week’s cold snap has brought record-low temperatures, freezing rain and heavy snow to much of the United States,” Roth wrote. “But 2017 is still on track to be the second- or third-hottest year ever recorded globally — and scientists say climate change is to blame. Even this week’s cold weather is probably being caused at least in part by global warming, said Jonathan Overpeck, a climate scientist at the University of Michigan.”

Roth went on to describe how global warming can cause temperatures to drop.

“The Arctic is warming much faster than most of the planet, leading to a dramatic decline in the amount of sea ice that covers the region each winter. That loss of ice has allowed more heat to transfer from the ocean to the atmosphere, causing a weakening of the polar vortex winds over the Arctic. Those winds usually ‘insulate the rest of the Northern Hemisphere’ from freezing Arctic temperatures, Overpeck said. But as the winds have weakened, it’s gotten easier for freezing Arctic air to swoop further south, he said.”

(snip)

<More Laughs Here>

#2 User is offline   MontyPython 

• Pull My Finger.....
  • View gallery
  • Group: Gold

Posted 31 December 2017 - 09:32 AM

LOL

Well they're nothing if not stubborn. I can't help picturing a two-year-old stamping his feet angrily, yelling:

"Is too! Is too! Is Too!"

:rolleyes:

#3 User is offline   Severian 

• Order of the Seekers for Truth & Penitence

Posted 31 December 2017 - 10:02 AM

The Arctic is NOT warming much faster than the rest of the planet. The adjusted, extrapolated temperatures they use to claim this, extrapolated from temperature stations with contaminated siting and such around the edge of the Arctic, may be higher, but what's happening at the real Arctic bears little resemblance to the few stations they use to claim this.

This is nothing less than a religious cult for most and a gravy train for too many, and has done great damage to Science. As I've often said, the ice sheets could be a mile deep over the midwest and they'd claim, well, AGW caused that, we need to stop heating the planet!

#4 User is offline   Taggart Transcontinental 

• <no title>
  • View gallery

Posted 31 December 2017 - 10:10 AM

View PostMontyPython, on 31 December 2017 - 09:32 AM, said:

LOL

Well they're nothing if not stubborn. I can't help picturing a two-year-old stamping his feet angrily, yelling:

You have to remember this is about a paycheck to them. They will fight tooth and nail to ensure that paycheck keeps flowing. Any interruption to that and the world will end faster than a southpark episode.

#5 User is offline   intotheblackhole 

• <no title>
  • Group: Bronze

Posted 31 December 2017 - 11:15 AM

Global climate change is been going on for billions of years and will continue on for billions of years. There are many reasons why the earth warm is in cools. The crap that humans have caused this is nothing more than correlation, and not causation.

Think about this. If there were no humans here to observe the increase in temperature what would be the cause of it then?

This post has been edited by intotheblackhole: 31 December 2017 - 11:16 AM

#6 User is offline   erp 

• Undead Undead Undead
  • Group: Silver

Posted 31 December 2017 - 12:06 PM

View Postintotheblackhole, on 31 December 2017 - 11:15 AM, said:

Global climate change is been going on for billions of years and will continue on for billions of years. There are many reasons why the earth warm is in cools. The crap that humans have caused this is nothing more than correlation, and not causation.

Think about this. If there were no humans here to observe the increase in temperature what would be the cause of it then?

Republican policies, of course.

;)

#7 User is offline   gregvega 

• <no title>
  • Group: Platinum Community Supporter

Posted 31 December 2017 - 12:39 PM

But the polar bears!

#8 User is offline   Joe the Pagan 

• I'm a Whovian not a Dweeb
  • View blog

Posted 31 December 2017 - 03:00 PM

View PostSeverian, on 31 December 2017 - 10:02 AM, said:

The Arctic is NOT warming much faster than the rest of the planet. The adjusted, extrapolated temperatures they use to claim this, extrapolated from temperature stations with contaminated siting and such around the edge of the Arctic, may be higher, but what's happening at the real Arctic bears little resemblance to the few stations they use to claim this.

This is nothing less than a religious cult for most and a gravy train for too many, and has done great damage to Science. As I've often said, the ice sheets could be a mile deep over the midwest and they'd claim, well, AGW caused that, we need to stop heating the planet!

I wonder if they are still using the data from a few years ago from Russia. Where out of laziness or equipment malfunction they sent the previous three months worth of data as new data with a different time stamp.

#9 User is offline   Joe the Pagan 

• I'm a Whovian not a Dweeb
  • View blog

Posted 31 December 2017 - 03:25 PM

https://wattsupwiththat.files.wordpress.com/2017/12/mckee-cartoon-warmer-colder-winters.jpg

#10 User is offline   Oathtaker 

• <no title>
  • Group: Silver

Posted 31 December 2017 - 07:51 PM

LOL

There is a fine line on the south side of stubbornness that crosses quite rapidly into delusion.... from there it’s a hop, skip, and jump to psychosis....

#11 User is offline   MontyPython 

• Pull My Finger.....
  • View gallery
  • Group: Gold

Posted 01 January 2018 - 04:38 AM

View PostOathtaker, on 31 December 2017 - 07:51 PM, said:

There is a fine line on the south side of stubbornness that crosses quite rapidly into delusion.... from there it’s a hop, skip, and jump to psychosis....

Is not! Is not! Is NOT!

;)

#12 User is offline   Tea Party Hooligan 

• I kick puppies
  • Group: Bronze

Posted 02 January 2018 - 07:01 AM

LOL

Is not; booger!!! :tongue2:

The credibility of the warmists is shot. We know it, they know it, and they just can't admit it.

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users