RightNation.US
News (Home) | Righters' Blog | Hollywood Halfwits | Our Store | New User Intro | Link to us | Support Us

RightNation.US: A Tow Truck Driver Repossessed an NYPD Officer's Car - RightNation.US

A Tow Truck Driver Repossessed an NYPD Officer's Car Then, He Ended up in Handcuffs Rate Topic: -----

#41 User is offline   MontyPython 

• Pull My Finger.....
  • View gallery
  • Group: Gold

Posted 11 June 2019 - 10:07 AM

View PostJerryL, on 11 June 2019 - 05:58 AM, said:

I went and saw that in the theatre when it first came out.

Ooh, I'll bet that scene sounded great through the Altec "Voice of the Theater" speakers most theaters used in those days.

:coolshades:

#42 User is online   oki 

• <no title>
  • Group: +Bronze Community Supporter

Posted 11 June 2019 - 10:24 AM

View PostMontyPython, on 11 June 2019 - 10:07 AM, said:

Ooh, I'll bet that scene sounded great through the Altec "Voice of the Theater" speakers most theaters used in those days.

:coolshades:

Come on know, after all the Harley's, Bars, and crap amps you can still hear well enough to tell a difference?
I am impressed. :drinkers:
But, yeah, it's not how loud you can make it(that's easy), it's how well it sounds. Range and clarity are far more pleasing to the ears than simple volume.

Oki

#43 User is offline   MontyPython 

• Pull My Finger.....
  • View gallery

Posted 11 June 2019 - 11:22 AM

View Postoki, on 11 June 2019 - 10:24 AM, said:

Come on know, after all the Harley's, Bars, and crap amps you can still hear well enough to tell a difference?
I am impressed. :drinkers:

Nope, I'm VERY hard of hearing. Here's a typical conversation between former rock musicians:

"Windy today, isn't it?"
"Nope, I think it's Thursday."
"Thirsty? Yeah, me too. Let's go get a beer."

:confused:

This post has been edited by MontyPython: 11 June 2019 - 11:23 AM

#44 User is online   oki 

• <no title>
  • Group: +Bronze Community Supporter

Posted 11 June 2019 - 12:04 PM

View PostMontyPython, on 11 June 2019 - 11:22 AM, said:

Nope, I'm VERY hard of hearing. Here's a typical conversation between former rock musicians:

"Windy today, isn't it?"

Or a conversation between two artillerymen.

As Robin Williams character said in the movie Good Morning Vietnam(when doing a skit) I don't care what you play, just play it loud.

Oki

#45 User is offline   ASE 

• You do NOT have a right to NOT BE OFFENDED!!
  • View gallery
  • Group: Platinum Community Supporter

Posted 12 June 2019 - 06:27 PM

Seems that the gang of cops should all be charged with theft of the car, abuse of authority, wrongful imprisonment at the very least. Also, theft of the camera, too, and how about even obstruction of justice which is why they stole the camera. I'd love to see them charged out the wazoo for all of that. Add to that the loss of revenue for the time missed at work, then theft of the towtruck, court costs, and then some hefty punitive damages, too.

#46 User is offline   johnnybravo 

• <no title>
  • Group: Silver

Posted 12 June 2019 - 08:21 PM

View PostConfessor, on 09 June 2019 - 05:58 PM, said:

I can tell you from experience, I appreciate the gesture but wish businesses did not try to pay for cops meals or discount them. One, because I signed up for the job and expect nothing more than my pay ( plus it embarrasses me). Two, we already get a bad rap from people, and some folks see this and assume we expect it. Three, citizens that pay for my meal before I can, only cause me to pick up someone elseís tab at some point. I can also say that the citizens of the community I work for make my job worthwhile every day. I canít leave the station without getting a thank you for what I do. For me, that is worth being bought or discounted a hundred meals.

More on point, those chumps need to be suspended at the minimum. Another case of thousands of cops doing right, and some idiots flushing all that work down the drain 😡

Off topic a little, but would it be better if they had the officers turn their receipts they get from places that offer discounts to their district, then those companies reimburse the cops through the district? That way nobody would really know that the officers are getting a discount. Just a thought.

#47 User is offline   helton 

• Blueberries good, liberals bad!
  • Group: Platinum Community Supporter

Posted 12 June 2019 - 08:53 PM

View PostMontyPython, on 11 June 2019 - 11:22 AM, said:

"Windy today, isn't it?"

That's why I've always worn custom made earplugs. I know too many guys who have that conversation.

#48 User is offline   MontyPython 

• Pull My Finger.....
  • View gallery

Posted 12 June 2019 - 10:41 PM

View Posthelton, on 12 June 2019 - 08:53 PM, said:

That's why I've always worn custom made earplugs. I know too many guys who have that conversation.

Yup, I was careless and stupid. By the time I realized I was destroying my hearing it was too late; It was destroyed.

:(

Share this topic:

• 3 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

3 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 3 guests, 0 anonymous users