RightNation.US
News (Home) | Righters' Blog | Hollywood Halfwits | Our Store | New User Intro | Link to us | Support Us

RightNation.US: Record Breaking Winter Cold? - RightNation.US

Record Breaking Winter Cold? Don’t Worry, the Climate Explainers Have it Covered Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   MTP Reggie 

• <no title>
  • Group: +Gold Community Supporter

Posted 30 December 2017 - 10:15 AM

Record Breaking Winter Cold? Don’t Worry, the Climate Explainers Have it Covered
Eric Worrall
December 28, 2017

<More Surprise Here With Charts And Graphs>

Does record breaking winter cold cast doubt on climate predictions of milder winters? Could ANY weather or climate shift cast doubt on the dominance of that wicked little trace molecule? Apparently not, according to leading climate explainers.

It’s cold outside, but that doesn’t mean climate change isn’t real. - Sammy Roth, USA TODAY Published 5:13 p.m. ET Dec. 28, 2017

This week’s cold snap has brought record-low temperatures, freezing rain and heavy snow to much of the United States. But 2017 is still on track to be the second- or third-hottest year ever recorded globally — and scientists say climate change is to blame.

Even this week’s cold weather is probably being caused at least in part by global warming, said Jonathan Overpeck, a climate scientist at the University of Michigan.

The Arctic is warming much faster than most of the planet, leading to a dramatic decline in the amount of sea ice that covers the region each winter. That loss of ice has allowed more heat to transfer from the ocean to the atmosphere, causing a weakening of the polar vortex winds over the Arctic. Those winds usually “insulate the rest of the Northern Hemisphere” from freezing Arctic temperatures, Overpeck said. But as the winds have weakened, it’s gotten easier for freezing Arctic air to swoop further south, he said.

“That is due to the warming of the Arctic, which in turn is due to human emissions of greenhouse gases and primarily burning of fossil fuels,” Overpeck said in an interview.

Arctic warming may also be contributing to the long-term drying of the U.S. Southwest, although the science on that front is less certain, Overpeck said. Unlike most of the rest of North America, the Southwest is warmer than usual right now, and 2017 will “without a doubt” go down as one of the region’s hottest years ever measured, Overpeck said.

“This is contributing to our record wildfires in California, and the drying out of vegetation that’s leading to those wildfires, and the drying out of the Southwest’s water,” he said.

Read more HERE.

So what happens if global temperatures take a real plunge for a sustained period? Don’t worry, the explainers have that one covered as well – James Hansen, former NASA GISS Director, published a paper which suggests global warming will trigger a short ice age in the near future (see the graph at the top of the page).

(snip)

This post has been edited by MTP Reggie: 30 December 2017 - 10:15 AM

#2 User is offline   Severian 

• Order of the Seekers for Truth & Penitence
  • Group: Bronze

Posted 30 December 2017 - 10:33 AM

Just because it's getting colder doesn't mean it's not getting warmer. Who you going to believe, our adjusted temp data or your own thermometer?

#3 User is offline   erp 

• Undead Undead Undead
  • Group: Silver

Posted 30 December 2017 - 10:40 AM

It will be a cold day in hell before the left give up on global warming, er, I mean, climate change. ;)

#4 User is offline   Severian 

Posted 30 December 2017 - 10:59 AM

View Posterp, on 30 December 2017 - 10:40 AM, said:

It will be a cold day in hell before the left give up on global warming, er, I mean, climate change. ;)

The ice sheets could be a mile thick over Chicago, as in the ice ages, and the AGW Cultists would still be shrieking that we need to stop using fossil fuels and go green to save us from roasting.

#5 User is offline   Rock N' Roll Right Winger 

• Pissing off all of the right people

Posted 30 December 2017 - 11:21 AM

View PostSeverian, on 30 December 2017 - 10:59 AM, said:

The ice sheets could be a mile thick over Chicago, as in the ice ages, and the AGW Cultists would still be shrieking that we need to stop using fossil fuels and go green to save us from roasting.

That's great.

Them first.

It would be funny to see how they'd keep warm then since they couldn't burn any petroleum products, propane or natural gas (which comes from oil production/drilling)?

http://images.zaazu.com/img/Frozen-frozen-freeze-winter-smiley-emoticon-000590-large.gif

This post has been edited by Rock N' Roll Right Winger: 30 December 2017 - 01:19 PM

#6 User is offline   Severian 

Posted 30 December 2017 - 11:55 AM

It's OK to use fossil fuel energy if you're "woke" enough about climate change!

#7 User is offline   Dean Adam Smithee 

• School of the Cold Hard Facts
  • View gallery
  • Group: Platinum Community Supporter

Posted 30 December 2017 - 01:26 PM

AHA! Time Magazine has been vindicated!

They predicted all this way back in the '70s...

https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/originals/7a/0f/a2/7a0fa2b15f5b905ce8db6828ba4fc138.jpg

#8 User is offline   Rock N' Roll Right Winger 

Posted 31 December 2017 - 01:08 AM

View PostSeverian, on 30 December 2017 - 11:55 AM, said:

It's OK to use fossil fuel energy if you're "woke" enough about climate change!

Said AlGore as he rides around the world in his large jet plane down sucking thousands of gallons/pounds of carbon based fuel creating tons and tons of CO2 emissions. Then he takes his limo ride home sucking down hundreds of gallons of carbon based fuel creating yet more CO2 emissions to get to his mansion that uses up more energy to power it that could power the homes of over a couple hundred people put together creating yet more CO2 emissions.

#9 User is offline   Rock N' Roll Right Winger 

Posted 31 December 2017 - 01:11 AM

View PostDean Adam Smithee, on 30 December 2017 - 01:26 PM, said:

AHA! Time Magazine has been vindicated!

They predicted all this way back in the '70s...

https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/originals/7a/0f/a2/7a0fa2b15f5b905ce8db6828ba4fc138.jpg

The schools back then had what was called "The Weekly Reader" which was a proggy propaganda magazine for kids to brainwash/guilt them/us into the greenie weenie enviro-nut agendas back then.

I remember the ice age chicken Little scare that they used to keep crowing about back then as I read their crap in grade school.

http://findalismonke...-scare-you.html

http://www.maggiesno...ted-in-schools/

That crap propagandist tool also used to always guilt shame children all of the time for simply being an American and having food to eat and a roof over their head and consuming energy while all the kids in Africa were all starving to death as we destroyed the Earth. I remember the teachers also shaming us for all of that crap too.

I'd like to travel back in time and slap them all silly for doing that to us. Freaking commie bastards.

This post has been edited by Rock N' Roll Right Winger: 31 December 2017 - 01:21 AM

#10 User is offline   Severian 

Posted 31 December 2017 - 10:12 AM

View PostRock N, on 31 December 2017 - 01:11 AM, said:

The schools back then had what was called "The Weekly Reader" which was a proggy propaganda magazine for kids to brainwash/guilt them/us into the greenie weenie enviro-nut agendas back then.

I remember the ice age chicken Little scare that they used to keep crowing about back then as I read their crap in grade school.

http://findalismonke...-scare-you.html

http://www.maggiesno...ted-in-schools/

That crap propagandist tool also used to always guilt shame children all of the time for simply being an American and having food to eat and a roof over their head and consuming energy while all the kids in Africa were all starving to death as we destroyed the Earth. I remember the teachers also shaming us for all of that crap too.

I'd like to travel back in time and slap them all silly for doing that to us. Freaking commie bastards.

Eat your peas, don't you know there are children starving in (Biafra, China, Africa, etc.).

#11 User is offline   Hieronymous 

• Men with ropes around their necks don't always hang

Posted 31 December 2017 - 12:08 PM

If the arctic is warming, why are the east and midwest seeing record cold? That cold air doesn't come from Mexico...

#12 User is offline   Severian 

Posted 31 December 2017 - 12:15 PM

View PostHieronymous, on 31 December 2017 - 12:08 PM, said:

If the arctic is warming, why are the east and midwest seeing record cold? That cold air doesn't come from Mexico...

Sure it does, it's undocumented weather. Derp.

#13 User is offline   ThePatriot 

• Warpaint
  • Group: Gold

Posted 31 December 2017 - 12:18 PM

View PostSeverian, on 31 December 2017 - 12:15 PM, said:

:lol3: Perfect!

#14 User is offline   Rock N' Roll Right Winger 

Posted 31 December 2017 - 12:20 PM

:high5: :lol:

#15 User is offline   Dean Adam Smithee 

• School of the Cold Hard Facts
  • View gallery

Posted 31 December 2017 - 01:49 PM

View PostSeverian, on 31 December 2017 - 10:12 AM, said:

Eat your peas, don't you know there are children starving in (Biafra, China, Africa, etc.).

"Well, they can have mine." {smack}

#16 User is online   jr_tex 

• <no title>
  • Group: +Silver Community Supporter

Posted 31 December 2017 - 04:36 PM

View PostSeverian, on 30 December 2017 - 10:59 AM, said:

I agree. AGW seems more of a religion than science. They lost me when the coming Ice Age that did not happen in the 70’s.

Hey, I was young and actually believe the media then.

#17 User is offline   USNRETWIFE 

• Tiki Barbie
  • Group: +Silver Community Supporter

Posted 31 December 2017 - 04:53 PM

View PostRock N, on 30 December 2017 - 11:21 AM, said:

That's great.

Them first.

It would be funny to see how they'd keep warm then since they couldn't burn any petroleum products, propane or natural gas (which comes from oil production/drilling)?

http://images.zaazu.com/img/Frozen-frozen-freeze-winter-smiley-emoticon-000590-large.gif

Thank goodness I live in a reasonably red state. I think burning buffalo chips went out quite a while ago.

#18 User is offline   Dutch13 

• <no title>

Posted 02 January 2018 - 10:29 AM

View PostMTP Reggie, on 30 December 2017 - 10:15 AM, said:

Record Breaking Winter Cold? Don't Worry, the Climate Explainers Have it Covered

Read more HERE.

So what happens if global temperatures take a real plunge for a sustained period? Don't worry, the explainers have that one covered as well – James Hansen, former NASA GISS Director, published a paper which suggests global warming will trigger a short ice age in the near future (see the graph at the top of the page).

(snip)

I feel like I have already seen this movie with Dennis Quaid as the climate hero and "Dick Cheney" as the villainous politician.

#19 User is online   oki 

• <no title>
  • Group: +Bronze Community Supporter

Posted 03 January 2018 - 01:28 PM

Kaboom!

Oki

#20 User is offline   Ladybird 

• <no title>
  • Group: +Copper Community Supporter

Posted 03 January 2018 - 01:41 PM

View PostDutch13, on 02 January 2018 - 10:29 AM, said:

I feel like I have already seen this movie with Dennis Quaid as the climate hero and "Dick Cheney" as the villainous politician.

Complete with BOMB CYCLONE!

Time to stock up on milk, eggs, and beer.

Share this topic:

• 2 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users