RightNation.US
News (Home) | Righters' Blog | Hollywood Halfwits | Our Store | New User Intro | Link to us | Support Us

RightNation.US: STUDY: Concern over climate change linked to depression, anxiety - RightNation.US

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

STUDY: Concern over climate change linked to depression, anxiety ‘Restless nights, feelings of loneliness and lethargy’ Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   MTP Reggie 

• <no title>
  • View gallery
  • Group: +Gold Community Supporter

Posted 21 January 2018 - 09:43 AM

STUDY: Concern over climate change linked to depression, anxiety
‘Restless nights, feelings of loneliness and lethargy’
1/20/18
By: Marc Morano
climatedepot.com

<More Snowflakes Here>

Depression and anxiety are afflicting Americans who are concerned at the fate of the environment, according to a study of the mental health effects of climate change.

Those hit hardest are women and people with low incomes who worry about the planet’s long-term health, said the study published this week in the journal Global Environmental Change.

Symptoms include restless nights, feelings of loneliness and lethargy.

“Climate change is a persistent global stressor,” Sabrina Helm, lead author of the paper and professor of family and consumer sciences at the University of Arizona, said.

Risks to mental health from climate change are a “creeping development”, she told the Thomson Reuters Foundation. …World leaders mobilized to curb man-made greenhouse gas emissions to fight “global warming” in a 2015 agreement, although the United States has since said it would withdraw from the landmark deal.

Climate researchers and activists, according to a 2015 Esquire feature, “When the End of Human Civilization is Your Day Job,” suffer from depression and PTSD-like symptoms.

The Washington Post offers “the 7 psychological reasons that are stopping us from acting on climate change.”

‘Catastrophism can also lead to the trampling of democratic norms. It has produced calls for the investigation and prosecution of dissenters and disregard for constitutional limitations on government power.’

‘And yet, such catastrophizing is not justified by the science or economics of climate change. Working with a catastrophic mindset and a century-long timeline, one can construct an apocalyptic scenario from almost any problem.’

(snip)

<More Snowflakes Here>

#2 User is offline   MontyPython 

• Pull My Finger.....
  • View gallery
  • Group: Gold

Posted 21 January 2018 - 10:17 AM

LOL

Sorta begs a "Chicken-and-the-Egg"-type question:

Does belief in climate change cause mental health problems, or do mental health problems cause belief in climate change?

I'm gonna go with "B".

B)

#3 User is offline   Severian 

• Order of the Seekers for Truth & Penitence

Posted 21 January 2018 - 12:52 PM

I'm a poor person, and I'm so worried about climate change I want you to raise my energy costs so I can't heat my house or buy gas to get to work. Derp.

#4 User is offline   MTP Reggie 

• <no title>
  • View gallery

Posted 21 January 2018 - 01:00 PM

View PostMontyPython, on 21 January 2018 - 10:17 AM, said:

LOL

Sorta begs a "Chicken-and-the-Egg"-type question:

Does belief in climate change cause mental health problems, or do mental health problems cause belief in climate change?

I'm gonna go with "B".

B)

I'm thinking these pansies/snowflakes don't care what they whine/worry about. As long as it's SOMETHING/ANYTHING.

#5 User is offline   intotheblackhole 

• <no title>
  • Group: Bronze

Posted 21 January 2018 - 06:36 PM

Liberals are supportive of the homeless because they believe that they are just one paycheck away from being homeless themselves. Liberal politicians love to drill that into the liberal voters. Fear is what drives the liberals.

It's like Jedi mind tricks. "Climate change is going to kill you." "You are one paycheck away from being homeless."

Liberals love to prey on the weak-minded and know how to manipulate them just like Hitler.

#6 User is offline   Lori 

• Smraty Pnats
  • Group: Gold

Posted 21 January 2018 - 07:38 PM

Wow, you literally believe the sky is falling and it makes you kinda sorta depressed and anxious.

WHODATHUNKIT?!?!?

#7 User is offline   Bookdoc 

• Daddy's little girl
  • Group: +Silver Community Supporter

Posted 21 January 2018 - 09:17 PM

It's nice that euthanasia is now available in a lot of libtard areas. I strongly suggest it for the warmists due to depression over Trump's actions.

#8 User is offline   Rock N' Roll Right Winger 

• Pissing off all of the right people
  • Group: Silver

Posted 21 January 2018 - 10:15 PM

Oh horseshidt.

#9 User is online   Taggart Transcontinental 

• <no title>
  • View gallery

Posted 21 January 2018 - 11:17 PM

View PostSeverian, on 21 January 2018 - 12:52 PM, said:

I'm a poor person, and I'm so worried about climate change I want you to raise my energy costs so I can't heat my house or buy gas to get to work. Derp.

They believe big gubmint will step in and price fix energy so all the peoples on the planet can have some.

#10 User is offline   Rock N' Roll Right Winger 

• Pissing off all of the right people
  • Group: Silver

Posted 22 January 2018 - 08:34 AM

This crap is the very product of the last few decades of proggy indoctrination.

We allowed them to take over and federalize our learning institutions and program/brainwash all of this nonsense into the children. We have allowed them to take over every other institution as well and were guilted into doing nothing about it.

No spank parenting, kids throwing tantrums and spitting on their parents as they are often rewarded for their tantrums by the parents giving in to shut them up. No graded elementary schooling where nobody ever flunks as they are deliberately dumbed down with common core proggy teachings. Everyone wins a trophy, no losers in kid's sports. All in all, no consequences for lack of achievement or breaking the rules and laws.

Now these snowflakes are about to run our country.

God help us.

We brought this upon ourselves for our complacency and letting the proggy disease to infect every institution.

This post has been edited by Rock N' Roll Right Winger: 22 January 2018 - 08:36 AM

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users