RightNation.US
News (Home) | Righters' Blog | Hollywood Halfwits | Our Store | New User Intro | Link to us | Support Us

RightNation.US: What Bernie Sanders shares with Trump — and Mussolini - RightNation.US

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

What Bernie Sanders shares with Trump — and Mussolini Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   pepperonikkid 

• Trucker
  • Group: Silver

Posted 22 February 2019 - 06:55 AM

What Bernie Sanders shares with Trump — and Mussolini

https://nypost.com
By Kevin D. Williamson
February 21, 2019

Article:

Sen. Bernie Sanders isn't quite ready to retire to his lakeside dacha and so once again is running for the presidential nomination of a party to which he doesn't belong with an agenda about which he can't be entirely honest.

Go to BernieSanders.com, and you will find a swag store and a donations link but precious little about what the candidate believes. Sanders has been around long enough to appreciate that Democratic presidential campaigns are made of rage and money, with ideas way back there somewhere near the caboose.

To the very limited extent that Sanders is a man of ideas, he is — not that he'd ever admit it — a man of President Trump's ideas.

Who does this sound like? "I don't know why we need millions of people to be coming into this country as guest workers who will work for lower wages than American workers."

Trump? Yes, indeed, but it is Sanders. Rep. Steve King of Iowa and other immigration restrictionists have praised Sanders for his beady-eyed, zero-sum view of immigration.

Sanders has, in fact, been all too happy to appropriate the rhetorical scheme of the alt-right knuckleheads (remember those guys?), denouncing those who take a more liberal view of immigration as advocates of "open borders" — a position held by approximately zero figures in American public life — and agents of a sinister conspiracy advanced by the Koch brothers and affiliated business interests. Which is to say: Sanders' criticism of the Koch brothers comes from the same direction as Trump's.

Like his populist fellow travelers, including Trump, Sanders applies much of the same zero-sum thinking to trade. Quiz question: Who described the Trans-Pacific Partnership as a "disaster" — Trump or Sanders?

Both, actually.

Right-wing populists and left-wing populists may disagree about such world-changing issues as whether the phrase "a man with ovaries" actually means anything, but on the fundamental policy questions, they come down strikingly close to one another.

That is because the enemy of populism isn't the left or the right but liberalism, understood here not in the demented sense we use it in US politics but in its proper sense, the classical-liberal regime of property rights, free enterprise, free trade, individual rights and ­ordered liberty emphasizing ­cooperation among nations.

Sanders, like Trump, is an anti-liberal — and, fundamentally, a nationalist. Sanders may be deep-dipped and tie-dyed in 1970s countercultural horsepucky, but he is a practitioner of a very old and established kind of politics that would have been familiar to such frankly nationalist politicians as Franklin Roosevelt (and Teddy Roosevelt, for that matter), Woodrow Wilson and Benito Mussolini.

Full Story

#2 User is offline   Censport 

• Twitter: @CensportRacing
  • Group: +Bronze Community Supporter

Posted 22 February 2019 - 10:11 AM

It's not a coincidence that Bernie Bros in Antifa act - and dress - just like Mussolini's Blackshirts.

#3 User is offline   gravelrash 

• I wish they all were punk rock girls
  • Group: +Copper Community Supporter

Posted 22 February 2019 - 08:13 PM

If you take a more intelligent view — well, then you probably aren’t taking Sanders’ campaign very seriously. The good news is that he probably isn’t, either.

Money quote. Bernie wants another mansion or perhaps another sweet ride before he is kicked out of the commune (again).

Trump as Mussolini? I don't see it. If anything, Trump wants either to stick it to the Establishment or give back to the nation that gave his family every opportunity to succeed. He has been a surprising but hypocritical advocate for individualism and personal responsibility. His supporters understand that. The elites seek to destroy him to reclaim and secure power.

Prove me wrong. When did Mussolini or even Hitler ask "What have you got to lose"?

#4 User is offline   Ticked@TinselTown 

• Unimpressed with Celebutards since Always
  • View blog
  • Group: Platinum Community Supporter

Posted 23 February 2019 - 12:36 AM

What Bernie Sanders shares with Trump — and Mussolini

:scratch: Uhm... male genitalia?

#5 User is offline   MontyPython 

• Pull My Finger.....
  • View gallery
  • Group: Gold

Posted 23 February 2019 - 12:58 AM

View PostTicked@TinselTown, on 23 February 2019 - 12:36 AM, said:

:scratch: Uhm... male genitalia?

I doubt it in Bernie's case.

:coolshades:

#6 User is offline   Ticked@TinselTown 

• Unimpressed with Celebutards since Always
  • View blog
  • Group: Platinum Community Supporter

Posted 23 February 2019 - 03:52 AM

View PostMontyPython, on 23 February 2019 - 12:58 AM, said:

I doubt it in Bernie's case.

:coolshades:

His wife has it on her keychain, but in theory...

#7 User is offline   MontyPython 

• Pull My Finger.....
  • View gallery
  • Group: Gold

Posted 23 February 2019 - 08:51 AM

View PostTicked@TinselTown, on 23 February 2019 - 03:52 AM, said:

His wife has it on her keychain, but in theory...

LOL

:lol:

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users