RightNation.US
News (Home) | Righters' Blog | Hollywood Halfwits | Our Store | New User Intro | Link to us | Support Us

RightNation.US: Global Precision Group Shooter Hits 6,000-Yard (3.4 Mile) Shot - RightNation.US

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Global Precision Group Shooter Hits 6,000-Yard (3.4 Mile) Shot Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   MTP Reggie 

• <no title>
  • View gallery
  • Group: +Gold Community Supporter

Posted 23 May 2019 - 02:00 PM

WATCH: Global Precision Group Shooter Hits 6,000-Yard (3.4 Mile) Shot
GLOBAL PRECISION GROUP RECENTLY PULLED OFF A PHENOMENAL SHOOTING FEAT: HITTING A 32X48-INCH TARGET WITH A .416 BARRETT FROM A REMARKABLE 3.4 MILES AWAY.
By BALLISTIC STAFF
APRIL 15, 2019

<Link With Video>

Phillips, of course, is no stranger to shooting at extreme distances. The Global Precision Group shooter is the reigning NRA ELR National Champion. Also, teammate Derek Rodgers is the reigning FTR World Champion, and teammate Mark Lonsdale is an internationally ranked competitor.

Watch the video as the three huddle around a launch pad nearly worthy of sending up a space shuttle. Aside from the three-man crew, Team Global Precision Group rocked some serious gear, including a Garmin 701, Kestrel 5700, Labrador chronograph and Applied Ballistics Analytics. Two teammates tracked impacts on spotting scopes, while downrange video cameras send back a live feed to the team.

Most incredibly, Phillips dialed up 625 MOA from his 100-yard zero, 10 degrees of barrel angle. In his shooting position behind the gun, the angle looks as though Phillips is about to send an artillery round downrange. And maybe that's not so far off, considering the team selected a rifle chambered in .416 Barrett, launching 550-grain bullets.

Then the video shows Phillips, after 21 cold bore shots, make final adjustments and find his mark. The bullet then takes a full 17 seconds to hit the target after being fired. As Phillips launches a second shot, he receives confirmation of impact, and the celebration is on.

<Link With Video>

#2 User is offline   MontyPython 

• Pull My Finger.....
  • View gallery
  • Group: Gold

Posted 23 May 2019 - 02:15 PM

Wow.

WOW.

Now that's incredible.

:2up:

#3 User is offline   oki 

• <no title>
  • Group: +Bronze Community Supporter

Posted 23 May 2019 - 03:19 PM

Not trying to down play this as it's pretty damned incredible, just that it seems to have been more of a number of practice shots first, math, instruments, measuring then a shot for the money vs a traditional look through the glass, make adjustments on the fly and let her rip. Like I said incredible none the less, but two very very different methods.

Oki

#4 User is offline   corporal_little 

• What is your major malfunction....
  • Group: Bronze

Posted 23 May 2019 - 08:48 PM

View Postoki, on 23 May 2019 - 03:19 PM, said:

Not trying to down play this as it's pretty damned incredible, just that it seems to have been more of a number of practice shots first, math, instruments, measuring then a shot for the money vs a traditional look through the glass, make adjustments on the fly and let her rip. Like I said incredible none the less, but two very very different methods.

Oki

Youíre not doing any of that from 6,000 yards. Iíve shot my 300 WinMag out to 1,000yds...canít even imagine something 6x further.

#5 User is offline   Noclevermoniker 

• Wire Dachsies Matter
  • Group: +Silver Community Supporter

Posted 23 May 2019 - 09:18 PM

ďDonít startle the goat.Ē

#6 User is offline   oki 

• <no title>
  • Group: +Bronze Community Supporter

Posted 24 May 2019 - 11:39 AM

View Postcorporal_little, on 23 May 2019 - 08:48 PM, said:

Youíre not doing any of that from 6,000 yards. Iíve shot my 300 WinMag out to 1,000yds...canít even imagine something 6x further.

I guess there is a lot of luck in their shot, either way one hell of a shot. And I felt proud at being able to reliably pick 300 meter silhouettes of with open sites. Might not sound like much, but it's not easy when they are so shot up you can see daylight through them.

Oki

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users