RightNation.US
News (Home) | Righters' Blog | Hollywood Halfwits | Our Store | New User Intro | Link to us | Support Us

RightNation.US: ‘Progressive Congresswomen’ Vow ‘Not One More Dollar’ For ‘Criminal’ - RightNation.US

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

‘Progressive Congresswomen’ Vow ‘Not One More Dollar’ For ‘Criminal’ ICE, CBP Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   Liz 

• Group: Moderator

Posted 24 June 2019 - 01:37 AM

‘Progressive Congresswomen’ Vow ‘Not One More Dollar’ For ‘Criminal’ ICE, CBP

The Daily Caller
David Krayden, Ottawa Bureau Chief
June 22, 2019 10:49 PM ET

Excerpt:

New York Democratic Rep. Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez in a Saturday tweet continued to insist that the Trump administration is “building mass concentration camps on the southern border.”

She and several Democratic colleagues in the House have moved to freeze funding to Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE) and the U.S. Customs and Border Protection (USCBP).

Ocasio-Cortez urged rejection of an emergency border supplemental bill that would provide an additional $1.2 billion to USCBP and $128 to ICE. “We can’t do that. They’ve shown that when they get more money, they build more camps.”

The GOP has supported building mass concentration camps on the southern border. Kids & families are dying.

Now they want money for more – w/ ZERO negotiation on how $ is spent.

We can’t do that. They‘ve shown that when they get more money, they build more camps. #CloseTheCamps https://t.co/DYhXuU9Crz

— Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez (@AOC) June 22, 2019

Ocasio-Cortez issued a joint news release with her Democratic colleagues from the House, Minnesota Rep. Ilhan Omar, Massachusetts Rep. Ayanna Pressley and Michigan Rep. Rashida Tlaib, which vowed to withhold further funding for ICE and the USCBP.

Tlaib claimed the funding freeze was necessary because of “abuses taking place on our own soil … ”

“We cannot turn our backs on the abuses taking place on our own soil, executed by our own government.”

A joint statement from @RepPressley, @Ilhan, @RepAOC, & I.
#NotOneDollar pic.twitter.com/Mdw7ezmBct

— Congresswoman Rashida Tlaib (@RepRashida) June 22, 2019

“These radicalized, criminal agencies are destroying families and killing innocent children,” reads the statement from the legislative quartet.

*snip*

The Rest

It just confounds me that these ladies don't see the irony in this. :P

#2 User is offline   NH Populist 

• <no title>
  • Group: +Bronze Community Supporter

Posted 24 June 2019 - 04:12 AM

This... coming from members of the House of Representatives ?! I don't know how the message can be any clearer, the Democratic Party needs to move their headquarters to somewhere in Central America, they're not representing Americans at all, everyone but, just like the last president...

This post has been edited by NH Populist: 24 June 2019 - 05:14 AM

#3 User is offline   johnnybravo 

• <no title>
  • Group: Silver

Posted 24 June 2019 - 05:14 AM

The only concentration camp in history where people are literally climbing over the fence to get in. I don’t think that word means what she thinks it means.

#4 User is offline   RedSoloCup 

• <no title>
  • Group: +Copper Community Supporter

Posted 24 June 2019 - 07:04 AM

What a dummy.

Of course, that's Occasional Cortex's claim to fame.

#5 User is online   Noclevermoniker 

• Wire Dachsies Matter
  • Group: +Silver Community Supporter

Posted 24 June 2019 - 07:07 AM

Let 'em jabber on. It seems stupid is contagion. Guard yourselves.

#6 User is offline   GrimV 

• <no title>
  • Group: +Bronze Community Supporter

Posted 24 June 2019 - 12:12 PM

So we're still pretending Obama didn't use the exact same facilities for the exact same purpose.

#7 User is offline   helton 

• Blueberries good, liberals bad!
  • Group: Platinum Community Supporter

Posted 24 June 2019 - 12:45 PM

I'm going to now hold my breath and wait for "middle of the road" Democrats to rebuke these statements.

#8 User is offline   MTP Reggie 

• <no title>
  • View gallery
  • Group: +Gold Community Supporter

Posted 24 June 2019 - 01:07 PM

View PostGrimV, on 24 June 2019 - 12:12 PM, said:

So we're still pretending Obama didn't use the exact same facilities for the exact same purpose.

Their TruthTM is different.

#9 User is offline   Gertie Keddle 

• <no title>
  • Group: Platinum

Posted 24 June 2019 - 05:34 PM

Want to understand why we can’t fix the border crisis? Let’s break down the Congressional Dems’ strategy:

Step 1: Ridicule regular Americans’ concerns with border security, & conflate illegal immigration with legal immigration.

— Dan Crenshaw (@DanCrenshawTX) May 25, 2019

Step 2: Propose DACA amnesty without addressing illegal immigration (knowing GOP can’t support a proposal that doesn’t address the root cause of the problem).

Step 3: Refuse compromise with GOP on border security, asylum law reform, and DACA fix.

Step 4: Ignore POTUS’s request for $4 billion in humanitarian aid at the border while simultaneously demanding “action” to fix the humanitarian crisis.

Step 5: Keep the issue alive and paint GOP as anti-immigrant.

The truth is that this cycle hurts legal immigrants, legal asylum seekers, and regular Americans who believe we should have a say in our sovereignty. It has to stop.

#10 User is offline   Gertie Keddle 

• <no title>
  • Group: Platinum

Posted 24 June 2019 - 05:38 PM

'Morally Bankrupt:' Joe Biden Blames Trump for Obama Immigration Policies

By Tyler O'Neil June 24, 2019
PJ Media
Excerpt:

On Monday, former Vice President Joe Biden published an op-ed in the Miami Herald slamming the Trump administration for "morally bankrupt" policies regarding Latin America and presenting his immigration agenda as an example of "America's values." Ironically, he blamed the Trump administration for immigration actions that took place while Biden was vice president and blatantly lied about others.

"Under Trump, there have been horrifying scenes at the border of kids being kept in cages, tear-gassing asylum seekers, ripping children from their mothers’ arms — actions that subvert American values and erode our ability to lead on the global stage," Biden wrote. "At a time when the challenges we face demand a united, regional response, Trump repeatedly invokes racist invective to describe anyone south of the Rio Grande, including calling migrants 'animals.'"

Many of these "horrifying scenes" more accurately describe the government under Barack Obama, rather than under Donald Trump.

For instance, the infamous photos of "kids in cages" by the border came from 2014 under the Obama administration, not under Trump. Photos showing immigrants sleeping on the concrete floor also date from Obama's tenure, in 2015.

The Obama administration used tear gas against immigrants 126 times, according to FactCheck.org. The Obama administration also separated families at the border, refusing to place children in detention centers with their parents. Democrats have demonized these policies, conveniently forgetting that Democratic presidents have also used them.

Biden's claim that Trump used the term "animals" in a racist fashion to demonize "anyone south of the Rio Grande" is perhaps the worst lie of all. Trump called the vile murderers and rapists of the international gang MS-13 "animals." The New York Times led other media outlets in concocting a fake news narrative that Trump's dehumanizing comment referred vaguely to illegal immigrants, rather than to members of the horrific gang.

Many Democrats parroted the fake news, however, suggesting that Trump's comments referred to asylum seekers, rather than MS-13 gang members. PolitiFact exposed this horrific lie, but it seems Joe Biden wasn't paying attention.

Later in his article, Biden claimed that Trump is a threat to "the international coalition of more than 50 countries that recognize Juan Guaidó as the interim president of Venezuela. Yet Trump's administration was the very first to recognize Guaidó as Venezuela's legitimate leader, assembling the very coalition that he supposedly threatens.

Worse, Biden gladly met with Venezuelan dictator Nicolás Maduro four years ago. The Obama administration blocked sanctions against Maduro's government.

Joe Biden talks a big game now but was all smiles with Venezuelan dictator Nicolás Maduro just 4 years ago. The best he could do was complement the dictator’s hair.

Meanwhile, the Obama-Biden Administration blocked sanctions against Maduro: https://t.co/MV0NFJ9OhA pic.twitter.com/i4TzkpVIaY
— Trump War Room (@TrumpWarRoom) June 24, 2019

Finally, Biden attacked the idea of Trump's wall on the southern border with Mexico. Such a wall "won't stop the flow of illegal narcotics or human trafficking, both of which come primarily through legal ports of entry. Nor will it stop asylum seekers fleeing the most desperate conditions imaginable and who have the right to have their cases heard."

Yet in 2006, he supported a border fence because "people are driving across that border with TONS, TONS, hear me, TONS of everything from byproducts for methamphetamine to cocaine to heroin & it's all coming up through corrupt Mexico."

Biden: “I believe the fence is needed…[because] people are driving across that border with TONS, TONS, hear me, TONS of everything from byproducts for methamphetamine to cocaine to heroin & it's all coming up through corrupt Mexico.”

Thanks for the support Joe!

BUILD THE WALL! pic.twitter.com/RpYtxtTFIX
— Trump War Room (@TrumpWarRoom) May 10, 2019

In a debate with Barack Obama for the 2008 Democratic presidential nomination, Biden said, "the reason I voted for the fence was that was the only alternative that was there, and I voted for the fence related to drugs. You can — a fence will stop 20 kilos of cocaine coming through that fence. It will not stop someone climbing over it or around it."

If Trump's immigration policies are "morally bankrupt," how much more were Obama's! Why didn't Joe Biden chide his former boss for such horrific policies out of step with "America's values?" Why didn't Joe Biden resign as Obama's vice president in protest?

Article

#11 User is offline   Squirrel 

• <no title>
  • Group: +Copper Community Supporter

Posted 24 June 2019 - 06:07 PM

Strange when it seems there’s only one party held accountable for anything. Then figure 1/2 of what they are accusing the other side of is false or actually things they are guilty of.But I’m sure I’m just watching the news wrong

This post has been edited by Squirrel: 24 June 2019 - 06:08 PM

#12 User is online   Noclevermoniker 

• Wire Dachsies Matter
  • Group: +Silver Community Supporter

Posted 24 June 2019 - 08:32 PM

View PostGertie Keddle, on 24 June 2019 - 05:38 PM, said:

'Morally Bankrupt:' Joe Biden Blames Trump for Obama Immigration Policies

By Tyler O'Neil June 24, 2019
PJ Media
Excerpt:

On Monday, former Vice President Joe Biden published an op-ed in the Miami Herald slamming the Trump administration for "morally bankrupt" policies regarding Latin America and presenting his immigration agenda as an example of "America's values." Ironically, he blamed the Trump administration for immigration actions that took place while Biden was vice president and blatantly lied about others.

"Under Trump, there have been horrifying scenes at the border of kids being kept in cages, tear-gassing asylum seekers, ripping children from their mothers’ arms — actions that subvert American values and erode our ability to lead on the global stage," Biden wrote. "At a time when the challenges we face demand a united, regional response, Trump repeatedly invokes racist invective to describe anyone south of the Rio Grande, including calling migrants 'animals.'"

Many of these "horrifying scenes" more accurately describe the government under Barack Obama, rather than under Donald Trump.

For instance, the infamous photos of "kids in cages" by the border came from 2014 under the Obama administration, not under Trump. Photos showing immigrants sleeping on the concrete floor also date from Obama's tenure, in 2015.

The Obama administration used tear gas against immigrants 126 times, according to FactCheck.org. The Obama administration also separated families at the border, refusing to place children in detention centers with their parents. Democrats have demonized these policies, conveniently forgetting that Democratic presidents have also used them.

Biden's claim that Trump used the term "animals" in a racist fashion to demonize "anyone south of the Rio Grande" is perhaps the worst lie of all. Trump called the vile murderers and rapists of the international gang MS-13 "animals." The New York Times led other media outlets in concocting a fake news narrative that Trump's dehumanizing comment referred vaguely to illegal immigrants, rather than to members of the horrific gang.

Many Democrats parroted the fake news, however, suggesting that Trump's comments referred to asylum seekers, rather than MS-13 gang members. PolitiFact exposed this horrific lie, but it seems Joe Biden wasn't paying attention.

Later in his article, Biden claimed that Trump is a threat to "the international coalition of more than 50 countries that recognize Juan Guaidó as the interim president of Venezuela. Yet Trump's administration was the very first to recognize Guaidó as Venezuela's legitimate leader, assembling the very coalition that he supposedly threatens.

Worse, Biden gladly met with Venezuelan dictator Nicolás Maduro four years ago. The Obama administration blocked sanctions against Maduro's government.

Joe Biden talks a big game now but was all smiles with Venezuelan dictator Nicolás Maduro just 4 years ago. The best he could do was complement the dictator’s hair.

Meanwhile, the Obama-Biden Administration blocked sanctions against Maduro: https://t.co/MV0NFJ9OhA pic.twitter.com/i4TzkpVIaY
— Trump War Room (@TrumpWarRoom) June 24, 2019

Finally, Biden attacked the idea of Trump's wall on the southern border with Mexico. Such a wall "won't stop the flow of illegal narcotics or human trafficking, both of which come primarily through legal ports of entry. Nor will it stop asylum seekers fleeing the most desperate conditions imaginable and who have the right to have their cases heard."

Yet in 2006, he supported a border fence because "people are driving across that border with TONS, TONS, hear me, TONS of everything from byproducts for methamphetamine to cocaine to heroin & it's all coming up through corrupt Mexico."

Biden: “I believe the fence is needed…[because] people are driving across that border with TONS, TONS, hear me, TONS of everything from byproducts for methamphetamine to cocaine to heroin & it's all coming up through corrupt Mexico.”

Thanks for the support Joe!

BUILD THE WALL! pic.twitter.com/RpYtxtTFIX
— Trump War Room (@TrumpWarRoom) May 10, 2019

In a debate with Barack Obama for the 2008 Democratic presidential nomination, Biden said, "the reason I voted for the fence was that was the only alternative that was there, and I voted for the fence related to drugs. You can — a fence will stop 20 kilos of cocaine coming through that fence. It will not stop someone climbing over it or around it."

If Trump's immigration policies are "morally bankrupt," how much more were Obama's! Why didn't Joe Biden chide his former boss for such horrific policies out of step with "America's values?" Why didn't Joe Biden resign as Obama's vice president in protest?

Article

Biden is slime. Get the algicide.

#13 User is offline   Dean Adam Smithee 

• School of the Cold Hard Facts
  • View gallery

Posted 24 June 2019 - 09:22 PM

View PostLiz, on 24 June 2019 - 01:37 AM, said:

She and several Democratic colleagues in the House have moved to freeze funding to Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE) and the U.S. Customs and Border Protection (USCBP).

I've seen her motion. I printed it out and handed it to the coffee girl at the local Caribou Coffee. She glanced at it and then said, "Yeah, so? That'll be $2.25.

#14 User is offline   helton 

• Blueberries good, liberals bad!

Posted 28 June 2019 - 07:46 AM

As someone who spent my career working for the U.S. Customs Service/CBP, I can’t begin to express my anger at the sheer idiocy of these comments, as well as the disappointment of the sheep that think this is a good idea.

#15 User is offline   MontyPython 

• Pull My Finger.....
  • View gallery
  • Group: Gold

Posted 28 June 2019 - 03:47 PM

View Posthelton, on 28 June 2019 - 07:46 AM, said:

As someone who spent my career working for the U.S. Customs Service/CBP, I can’t begin to express my anger at the sheer idiocy of these comments, as well as the disappointment of the sheep that think this is a good idea.

Yup. Just when you reach the point where you think AOC, Omar, Tlaib, etc couldn't possibly go any lower, couldn't possibly get any more stupid, couldn't possibly be any more unAmerican, they pull something like this. Then you have to sigh and resign yourself to the fact that you were wrong - They can go lower and be even more stupid, more unAmerican.

And most chilling of all: Millions of voters agree with them, being just as stupid and unAmerican as they are.

:wacko: :wacko: :wacko:

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users