RightNation.US
News (Home) | Righters' Blog | Hollywood Halfwits | Our Store | New User Intro | Link to us | Support Us

RightNation.US: Elizabeth Warren Proposes Breaking Up Amazon, Facebook, Google - RightNation.US

Elizabeth Warren Proposes Breaking Up Amazon, Facebook, Google Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   Liz 

• Group: Moderator

Posted 08 March 2019 - 08:01 PM

Elizabeth Warren Proposes Breaking Up Amazon, Facebook, Google

Breitbart
Sean Moran
8 Mar 2019

Excerpt:

Sen. Elizabeth Warren (D-MA) announced Friday that she will propose to break up some of America’s largest tech companies, which includes Facebook, Google, and Amazon, as a means to separate herself from the large swathe 2020 presidential Democrat primary candidates (sic).

Warren will hold a presidential campaign rally in Long Island City, New York, which was supposed to be the hub of a major new Amazon headquarters, and called for the appointment of regulators who would “unwind tech mergers that illegally undermine competition.” Warren will also call for legislation that would block platforms from both offering a marketplace for commerce and participating in that marketplace.

Warren said in a statement Friday:

I want a government that makes sure everybody — even the biggest and most powerful companies in America — plays by the rules. To do that, we need to stop this generation of big tech companies from throwing around their political power to shape the rules in their favor and throwing around their economic power to snuff out or buy up every potential competitor.

The Massachusetts Democrat, who has largely been critical of large financial companies, said that the plan would unravel large tech giants’ acquisitions of rival tech companies. For instance, her plan would unwind Facebook’s purchase of WhatsApp and Instagram, Amazon’s acquisition of Whole Foods, and Google’s purchase of Waze. Warren’s plan would also prohibit companies from transferring or sharing users’ private data with third parties. Warren would also split up Amazon entities such as Amazon Marketplace and AmazonBasics.

“To restore the balance of power in our democracy, to promote competition, and to ensure that the next generation of technology innovation is as vibrant as the last, it’s time to break up our biggest tech companies,” Warren added.

*snip*

Full Story

#2 User is offline   erp 

• Undead Undead Undead
  • Group: Silver

Posted 08 March 2019 - 08:15 PM

I want a government that makes sure everybody — even the biggest and most powerful companies in America — plays by the rules. To do that, we need to stop this generation of big tech companies from throwing around their political power to shape the rules in their favor and throwing around their economic power to snuff out or buy up every potential competitor.

They are playing by the rules, you twit! What she wants to do is change the rules to punish these companies. Clearly, she has read Atlas Shrugged and interpreted it as a users manual.

#3 User is offline   gravelrash 

• I wish they all were punk rock girls
  • Group: +Copper Community Supporter

Posted 08 March 2019 - 08:50 PM

Channeling her inner Teddy Roosevelt who probably had more claim to native American heritage.

#4 User is offline   tailgunner 

• <no title>
  • Group: +Bronze Community Supporter

Posted 08 March 2019 - 09:00 PM

All lefty run companies. Think they'll wake up? Or is it all bull<censored> to fake out the voters?

#5 User is offline   usapatriot 

• <no title>

Posted 08 March 2019 - 09:15 PM

Well, I have to admit that I never, ever thought I would agree with the premise of anything coming out of the mouth of Pocohantas. At a Trump rally in Tampa last year, I met a group of staunchly conservative patriots and I asked them how they knew each other. They said a couple of them created a group on Facebook and started sharing it with friends of theirs, and then they shared it with friends of theirs, and so on. Now, they had over 200 people in their group and they coordinate all kinds of stuff to get involved in local issues in Sarasota as well as at the statewide and national level. I told them how could they use Facebook when they certainly knew they are radically anti-Trump, anti-conservative, anti-constitutionalists, etc.? They responded by saying there isn't any other platform where they could have met so many people and so easily communicate with them. Then, a light came on, and I realized Facebook is the same as what Ma Bell was in the last century...a monopoly. The Feds realized this and regulated them...heavily. Some have argued this heavy-handed over-regulation hurt competition and innovation. There might have been some of that, but the good far outweighed the bad. Without the oversight of the feds, Ma Bell could have prioritized some peoples calls over others, listened and recorded calls, etc. I'm not saying there is an exact correlation between Ma Bell and Facebook, but there is a lot of similarities. For example, the Feds didn't allow Ma Bell or AT&T to buy up the early cellular companies to prevent competition (there is even a recent decision blocking AT&T from buying T-Mobile). Some would say that Facebook can disappear as fast as MySpace did when something better comes along. Well, not if Facebook buys them out which is what happened with Instagram and Whatsapp. I don't use Facebook, but billions of others do and it needs to be broken up and regulated. Laws should be passed to limit their damage to the political sphere, and a regulatory body will need to be present to ensure compliance. I can't think of any other way to fix their monopoly position, but I welcome alternative solutions that don't involve the Feds.

This post has been edited by usapatriot: 08 March 2019 - 09:18 PM

#6 User is offline   AntiObama 

• <no title>

Posted 08 March 2019 - 09:16 PM

Senator Pocahontas will never be President of the USA.

It's Bernie's turn and he will pick Kamala Harris for his Veep.

#7 User is offline   MontyPython 

• Pull My Finger.....
  • View gallery
  • Group: Gold

Posted 08 March 2019 - 09:54 PM

Is Fauxcahontas really so stupid that she doesn't realize all these "big tech companies" who are "throwing around their political power" are throwing that power around in support of leftists like her?

:scratch:

And as for the Ma Bell comments in a previous post, I wonder if I'm the only one old enough to remember how great telephone service used to be, before the government stepped in and ruined everything by breaking up Ma Bell. MAN how I wish we could go back to the great service we used to get back in those days.

B)

#8 User is offline   Ticked@TinselTown 

• Unimpressed with Celebutards since Always
  • View blog
  • Group: Platinum Community Supporter

Posted 09 March 2019 - 12:11 AM

" All we hear is radio ga-ga..."

#9 User is online   Rock N' Roll Right Winger 

• Pissing off all of the right people

Posted 09 March 2019 - 01:36 AM

View Posterp, on 08 March 2019 - 08:15 PM, said:

They are playing by the rules, you twit! What she wants to do is change the rules to punish these companies. Clearly, she has read Atlas Shrugged and interpreted it as a users manual.

These companies are all progressive commies and they need to be smacked down.

View Posttailgunner, on 08 March 2019 - 09:00 PM, said:

All lefty run companies. Think they'll wake up? Or is it all bull<censored> to fake out the voters?

:exactly:

#10 User is offline   Natural Selection 

• Decrypt the truth
  • Group: Bronze

Posted 09 March 2019 - 09:49 AM

View PostLiz, on 08 March 2019 - 08:01 PM, said:

...called for the appointment of regulators who would “unwind tech mergers that illegally undermine competition.”

We already have antitrust laws and agencies to enforce them. Her attitude reminds me of some progressives I know who want nothing bigger than mom and pop shops.

#11 User is offline   Natural Selection 

• Decrypt the truth
  • Group: Bronze

Posted 09 March 2019 - 10:04 AM

View PostRock N, on 09 March 2019 - 01:36 AM, said:

I don't think they started out that way. They began with good ideas that many found useful. When they grew large and powerful the leftists within them couldn't resist the urge to use that power to advance their ideology. Smacking them down needs to be done in a way that protects the original idea that so many found useful. The ability to innovate must also be protected (I love the Amazon pickup lockers. Nobody else is doing that.).

#12 User is offline   tailgunner 

• <no title>

Posted 09 March 2019 - 10:32 AM

View PostNatural Selection, on 09 March 2019 - 10:04 AM, said:

I don't think they started out that way. They began with good ideas that many found useful. When they grew large and powerful the leftists within them couldn't resist the urge to use that power to advance their ideology. Smacking them down needs to be done in a way that protects the original idea that so many found useful. The ability to innovate must also be protected (I love the Amazon pickup lockers. Nobody else is doing that.).

Their in bed with the left up to their eyeballs. The left isn't going to kill the golden goose. If anything, it's a warning shot of what could be done if they don't continue to walk the line. Take the slap down on the NYS by amazon. Not allowed. If anyone on the right had said the same thing she did, the bowels of hell would have opened.

#13 User is offline   Severian 

• Order of the Seekers for Truth & Penitence
  • Group: +Gold Community Supporter

Posted 09 March 2019 - 10:32 AM

Expect "Elizabeth Warren Is A Fake Indian" to suddenly become the top Google search result for her name now.

#14 User is offline   Wag-a-Muffin (D) 

• Still clinging bitterly. . .
  • View blog
  • Group: Blog Moderator

Posted 09 March 2019 - 11:00 AM

"plays by the rules," I'm sorry, but when I read that I couldn't read any more. Because her hypocrisy is amazing.

#15 User is offline   Ladybird 

• <no title>

Posted 09 March 2019 - 11:05 AM

I don’t like this idea anymore than when conservatives were pushing it last year.

#16 User is offline   erp 

• Undead Undead Undead

Posted 09 March 2019 - 11:45 AM

View Postusapatriot, on 08 March 2019 - 09:15 PM, said:

Well, I have to admit that I never, ever thought I would agree with the premise of anything coming out of the mouth of Pocohantas. At a Trump rally in Tampa last year, I met a group of staunchly conservative patriots and I asked them how they knew each other. They said a couple of them created a group on Facebook and started sharing it with friends of theirs, and then they shared it with friends of theirs, and so on. Now, they had over 200 people in their group and they coordinate all kinds of stuff to get involved in local issues in Sarasota as well as at the statewide and national level. I told them how could they use Facebook when they certainly knew they are radically anti-Trump, anti-conservative, anti-constitutionalists, etc.? They responded by saying there isn't any other platform where they could have met so many people and so easily communicate with them. Then, a light came on, and I realized Facebook is the same as what Ma Bell was in the last century...a monopoly. The Feds realized this and regulated them...heavily. Some have argued this heavy-handed over-regulation hurt competition and innovation. There might have been some of that, but the good far outweighed the bad. Without the oversight of the feds, Ma Bell could have prioritized some peoples calls over others, listened and recorded calls, etc. I'm not saying there is an exact correlation between Ma Bell and Facebook, but there is a lot of similarities. For example, the Feds didn't allow Ma Bell or AT&T to buy up the early cellular companies to prevent competition (there is even a recent decision blocking AT&T from buying T-Mobile). Some would say that Facebook can disappear as fast as MySpace did when something better comes along. Well, not if Facebook buys them out which is what happened with Instagram and Whatsapp. I don't use Facebook, but billions of others do and it needs to be broken up and regulated. Laws should be passed to limit their damage to the political sphere, and a regulatory body will need to be present to ensure compliance. I can't think of any other way to fix their monopoly position, but I welcome alternative solutions that don't involve the Feds.

I completely disagree. Facebook is only but of many platforms for people to interact with on social media. They just happen to be the most widely used. People forget, MySpace was around earlier and more popular than Facebook at one time. Facebook simply built a better mousetrap.

Amazon did the same.

And for the record, I don’t like Facebook and do not use them.

#17 User is offline   erp 

• Undead Undead Undead

Posted 09 March 2019 - 11:48 AM

View PostRock N, on 09 March 2019 - 01:36 AM, said:

:exactly:

So becuase their politics are different than yours, they should
Be punished? Hm, that thinking seems to align with another group I know. The name escapes me, however. Something with an D. Maybe an F?

#18 User is offline   RedSoloCup 

• <no title>

Posted 09 March 2019 - 12:30 PM

Try it, Pocahontas.

#19 User is offline   gravelrash 

• I wish they all were punk rock girls

Posted 09 March 2019 - 06:19 PM

In other news: "Jesse Jackson Criticizes 1/1024 Native American - 'She's Destroying Our Shakedown Empire'".

#20 User is online   Rock N' Roll Right Winger 

• Pissing off all of the right people

Posted 09 March 2019 - 06:46 PM

View Posterp, on 09 March 2019 - 11:48 AM, said:

So becuase their politics are different than yours, they should
Be punished? Hm, that thinking seems to align with another group I know. The name escapes me, however. Something with an D. Maybe an F?

They are un-American seditionists and are all actively working to undermine our republic and constitution.

If people can't see that then they need to wake up.

Share this topic:

• 2 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users