RightNation.US
News (Home) | Righters' Blog | Hollywood Halfwits | Our Store | New User Intro | Link to us | Support Us

RightNation.US: Christian University Dean Resigns Over School Stance Against Chick Fil - RightNation.US

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Christian University Dean Resigns Over School Stance Against Chick Fil Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   Moderator T 

• <no title>
  • View gallery
  • Group: Moderator

Posted 05 March 2019 - 11:59 PM

Christian University Dean Resigns Over School Stance Against Chick Fil-A’s Traditional Values

Alex Parker
Red State
3/5/19

EXCERPT:

It’s incredible how averse some on the social Left are to delicious chicken.

A few months ago, at New Jersey’s Rider University, students cast their vote to Eat Mor Chikin on campus. However, the private school’s administration overrode the masses and 86’d the idea, due to Chick fil-A’s Christian values. Specifically, the school said, the delicious fast food chain represented “opposition to the LGBTQ+ community.” Therefore, it wouldn’t be allowed as the college’s new vendor.

I covered the incident in November, and I highly encourage you to read the backstory, courtesy of that article — “The Regression of Progress” (here).

Did you read it?

Okay. Here we go:

As reported by Campus Reform, Cynthia Newman — Rider’s dean of the College of Business — took the waffle fry whacking to heart:

“I felt like I had been punched in the stomach when I read [the school’s official statement of rejection]. I’m a very committed Christian and Chick-fil-A’s values — their corporate purpose statement is to glorify God and to be faithful stewards of all that’s entrusted to them and to have a positive influence on everyone who comes into contact with them — and I would say that that mirrors my personal beliefs perfectly. And so I really felt it very personally.”

(Full Story)

#2 User is offline   grimreefer 

• U.S. Merchant Marine
  • View gallery
  • Group: Diamond Community Supporter

Posted 06 March 2019 - 12:43 AM

Specifically, the school said, the delicious fast food chain represented “opposition to the LGBTQ+ community.”

:rolleyes:

No matter how many times you repeat the lie it's just not true. Oh well... their loss. :shrug:

And...
Spoiler

This post has been edited by grimreefer: 06 March 2019 - 12:49 AM

#3 User is offline   JerryL 

• <no title>
  • View gallery
  • Group: Bronze

Posted 06 March 2019 - 04:48 AM

View Postgrimreefer, on 06 March 2019 - 12:43 AM, said:

:rolleyes:

No matter how many times you repeat the lie it's just not true. Oh well... their loss. :shrug:

And...
Spoiler

It is part and parcel of the whole "non-existent" slippery slope of progressivism and the deviant agenda.

Not celebrating and cow-towing to a deviant group that goes against your religious beliefs equals "opposition" to the lemmings on the left. It doesn't matter whatsoever that every LGBTQEIEIO is welcome to order anything they want at any time they want and be respectfully served during opening hours...just like every other customer. There has to be some special dispensation for or capitulation to the deviants for "equality" to exist.

#4 User is offline   Severian 

• Order of the Seekers for Truth & Penitence
  • Group: +Gold Community Supporter

Posted 06 March 2019 - 10:33 AM

Idiots. No one, despite their best efforts, has ever found a single instance of CFA ever treating an employee or customer with anything but respect, no proof they ever discriminated in hiring or service, but they said something we didn't like so they are all raaaacist homophobes and must be destroyed!

Oh well. More chicken for me!

#5 User is online   RedSoloCup 

• <no title>
  • Group: +Copper Community Supporter

Posted 06 March 2019 - 12:20 PM

Chick-Fil-A don't need these "tolerant" bigots anyways.

This post has been edited by RedSoloCup: 06 March 2019 - 12:22 PM

#6 User is offline   BootsieBets 

• <no title>
  • Group: +Silver Community Supporter

Posted 06 March 2019 - 12:54 PM

Chick Fil A opened the Sunday morning after the Pulse Nightclub shooting to serve the first responders and people donating blood. Chick Fil A consistently steps up and helps out in disasters whenever they are needed. This is another case of “You may have freedom of speech as long as it is the speech I approve of”. Of course, the LGBTMOUSE movement is also welcome to support or not support whatever cause they like, as long as they don’t use strong arm tactics to do it.

As far as Dean Newman’s decision to resign, I say more power to her. She certainly has the courage of her convictions. I wish her good fortune in her future.

#7 User is offline   Squirrel 

• <no title>
  • Group: +Copper Community Supporter

Posted 06 March 2019 - 02:04 PM

Bigger question when has anyone on the left in power stepped down and gave up thier job because the university or company did something against thier beliefs? I think this guy had integrity and honor for his beliefs. The other side I don’t remember anyone doing that unless they were caught doing wrong and forced to. The world is a free market,, I hope the kids at this school and thier parents use this knowledge. I wouldn’t care if they decided to be open on sundays and give that day off only to Christian employees. But hey that’s then discrimination, they don’t ask one employee for anything they don’t ask all. I’m sure every leftist knows everything about the ceo of the place they work for and are more then willing to quit if they don’t agree with one view. I mean they have morals just as strong right?

This post has been edited by Squirrel: 06 March 2019 - 02:08 PM

#8 User is offline   Dean Adam Smithee 

• School of the Cold Hard Facts
  • View gallery
  • Group: Platinum Community Supporter

Posted 06 March 2019 - 02:16 PM

The Headline is poorly written. At first glace it look like they're talking about a "Dean" of a "Christian University". They really mean a "Christian Dean" of a "University".

This SHOULDN'T make a difference, but it does. Rider's website describes themselves as "Private" "nonsectarian". That they're Private rather than a Public U makes a difference. They're free to run their school as they like... just as I'm free to put Rider on the increasingly long list of places I won't hire grads from.

THAT SAID, I'm sure there's a reason that they're picking on the christian-run Chik-Fil-A rather than, say, the 'Halal' restaurant down the street. Seems to me that we Christians ought to learn from that.

#9 User is offline   BootsieBets 

• <no title>
  • Group: +Silver Community Supporter

Posted 06 March 2019 - 03:45 PM

View PostDean Adam Smithee, on 06 March 2019 - 02:16 PM, said:

The Headline is poorly written. At first glace it look like they're talking about a "Dean" of a "Christian University". They really mean a "Christian Dean" of a "University".

This SHOULDN'T make a difference, but it does. Rider's website describes themselves as "Private" "nonsectarian". That they're Private rather than a Public U makes a difference. They're free to run their school as they like... just as I'm free to put Rider on the increasingly long list of places I won't hire grads from.

THAT SAID, I'm sure there's a reason that they're picking on the christian-run Chik-Fil-A rather than, say, the 'Halal' restaurant down the street. Seems to me that we Christians ought to learn from that.

Of course they have a good reason. They are virtue signaling. Now they have added to their bona fides with the leftist social justice warriors.

#10 User is offline   MontyPython 

• Pull My Finger.....
  • View gallery
  • Group: Gold

Posted 06 March 2019 - 06:06 PM

I WISH there was a Chick-Fil-A here in Blaine, or even in nearby Custer, Ferndale, Lynden, etc. We would definitely give them our support.

B)

#11 User is offline   Holland25 

• <no title>
  • Group: Community-Supported

Posted 06 March 2019 - 09:21 PM

View PostJerryL, on 06 March 2019 - 04:48 AM, said:

It is part and parcel of the whole "non-existent" slippery slope of progressivism and the deviant agenda.

Not celebrating and cow-towing to a deviant group that goes against your religious beliefs equals "opposition" to the lemmings on the left. It doesn't matter whatsoever that every LGBTQEIEIO is welcome to order anything they want at any time they want and be respectfully served during opening hours...just like every other customer. There has to be some special dispensation for or capitulation to the deviants for "equality" to exist.

Amen, deviant. I am old enough to remember a time really not that long ago that no one would go for promoting that agenda openly. It is so sad how our culture changed and these Godless, morally lost millennials don't think there is anything wrong with it, sad. But to the point, what has Chic-Fil-A done or said to offend these people?

#12 User is offline   grimreefer 

• U.S. Merchant Marine
  • View gallery

Posted 06 March 2019 - 10:53 PM

View PostHolland25, on 06 March 2019 - 09:21 PM, said:

Amen, deviant. I am old enough to remember a time really not that long ago that no one would go for promoting that agenda openly. It is so sad how our culture changed and these Godless, morally lost millennials don't think there is anything wrong with it, sad. But to the point, what has Chic-Fil-A done or said to offend these people?

One of them evil Christians owns it and replied in an interview what his own personal beliefs are. Other than closing on Sundays it doesn't sway his business decisions as to personnel and service except to be kind and charitable but hey, ERMAGERD!!!! GET THE CHRISTIAN!!!

The pink mafia wants to shove Christians in the closet now that it's empty. :coffeenpc:

#13 User is offline   grimreefer 

• U.S. Merchant Marine
  • View gallery

Posted 08 March 2019 - 06:02 AM

LGBTQ Activists Enraged Trump Served Chick-Fil-A To Football Champions

The Daily Wire
By Paul Bois
March 7, 2019

excerpt:

Universities may be banning Chick-fil-A, but President Trump's White House has not, and that's just way too triggering for some LGBTQ activists.

Earlier this week, the president served another round of fast food to college football champions, only this time, instead of McDonald's and Wendy's, the players were served Chick-fil-A, sparking anger from prominent LGBTQ publications.

"For the second time this year, Donald Trump has invited an athletic team to the White House and boasted about serving them fast food," wrote Tracy Gilchrist at The Advocate. "But this time, chicken sandwiches from the virulently anti-LGBTQ company Chick-fil-A were arranged on silver platters for champions on the North Dakota State Bison football team Monday."

Trump reportedly said that the athletes requested Chick-fil-A. "We could've had chefs, we could have, but we had fast food -- because I know you people," Trump told the athletes. "Chick-fil-A, they say? Chick-fil-A."

*SNIP*

LINK

"virulently anti-LGBTQ company" :dramaqueen: :tantrum:

:bs:

The LGBTQRSTUVer's obsession with Chikin' Sandwiches is beyond absurd. I bet they all gorge themselves on Chick-fil-A, bawling their eyes out, when they think no one is looking.

#14 User is offline   Rock N' Roll Right Winger 

• Pissing off all of the right people
  • Group: Silver

Posted 08 March 2019 - 06:21 AM

View PostMontyPython, on 06 March 2019 - 06:06 PM, said:

I WISH there was a Chick-Fil-A here in Blaine, or even in nearby Custer, Ferndale, Lynden, etc. We would definitely give them our support.

B)

:yeahthat:

The closest one to me is a 25-30 minute drive away.

I'd frequent them if they had one closer to me. I plan to travel today so I will stop and have my lunch at one while I'm out.

I used to love cracker Barrel as they were a Christian owned company, well up until they caved in to these LGBQTPMOUSE groups and lowered the quality of their hiring standards for their employees, the lower quality of their food and service too. They were the BEST place to eat breakfast when they first started their restaurants in my area back in the 1990's. They would always refill your orange juice, coffee, hash browns, scrambled eggs, etc. for no extra charge and they always brought those to your table. Not anymore.

#15 User is offline   Rock N' Roll Right Winger 

Posted 08 March 2019 - 06:24 AM

View PostJerryL, on 06 March 2019 - 04:48 AM, said:

:2up:

#16 User is offline   Rock N' Roll Right Winger 

Posted 08 March 2019 - 06:28 AM

View PostHolland25, on 06 March 2019 - 09:21 PM, said:

Now we cannot get away from hearing or seeing these people pushing their deviancy upon the public on practically every damned TV show, movie and commercial that there is anymore.

For a mere 2% of the population, they sure are promoted and championed in the media like no other except for racial minorities. Now businesses/corporations are getting into doing the same thing and they are openly discriminating against white people and Christians.

It's disgusting.

This post has been edited by Rock N' Roll Right Winger: 08 March 2019 - 06:29 AM

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users