RightNation.US
News (Home) | Righters' Blog | Hollywood Halfwits | Our Store | New User Intro | Link to us | Support Us

RightNation.US: Are you a bigot for refusing to date a transgender person? - RightNation.US

Are you a bigot for refusing to date a transgender person? LGBT activists think so Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   MTP Reggie 

• <no title>
  • View gallery
  • Group: +Gold Community Supporter

Posted 13 November 2018 - 09:03 PM

Are you a bigot for refusing to date a transgender person? LGBT activists think so
Tue Jul 24, 2018 - 3:56 pm EST
LifeSiteNews

<More Here>

Indications that our culture is on its last legs, rationally speaking, are in abundance these days. Earlier this month, for example, we've been exposed to the delightful new term "theybies"—which, if you're wondering, is what you call a baby when you decide to raise the child "gender-neutral" so that they can choose their own gender at around four years old. In Ireland, which has been gleefully offloading its Christian heritage since they repealed the right to life for pre-born children in May, the social protection minister lauded a report on "Ireland's gender identity laws…that recommended extending the right to self-identity and non-binary people" by allowing them to change their gender "from birth."

But in 2018, things can always get crazier. Consider this trending story from the BBC:

A reality television programme kicked off a debate about whether it's discriminatory or transphobic to refuse to date a transsexual person. The argument started on UK reality television show Celebrity Big Brother, where minor celebrities are locked into a studio made to look like a house, then filmed 24/7.

As might be expected in such a situation, tensions run high and conversations can be fractious. One of the housemates is India Willoughby, a TV journalist who had an established career as a man before transitioning to become a woman.

Willoughby asked her housemates about their dating preferences, and the resulting conversation kicked off a social media storm.

"Would you go out with a transsexual woman?" she queried.

"I believe it's your choice... I would choose not to," replied the R'n'B singer Ginuwine. "That doesn't make me scared."

"You would go out with a woman?" Willoughby asked.

"Yes."

"But you wouldn't go out with a transsexual woman?"

"No."

The conversation rumbled on. When Willoughby suggested "Let's have a kiss," Ginuwine replied "no" and leaned away from her.

India was later seen telling another guest that "all this superficial stuff that you are a woman and all that sounds great and is the right thing to say. But it makes no difference if people don't believe it - that's the problem."

While some housemates defended Ginuwine's refusal to date a transsexual woman as a "preference", the issue divided the audience on Twitter.

Twitter promptly exploded with LGBT activists accusing this fellow of being "transphobic" for declining to be sexually interested in a biological-male-turned-female, along with a discussion about whether sexual preference outweighed the plight of transgender people who have a rough time getting a date.

Let that sink in for a moment. We are apparently at the point where someone is not only "transphobic" for finding the tenets of gender ideology scientifically and philosophically dubious, but can also find themselves guilty of this recently-invented sin for failing to display sexual interest in a transgender person. It is difficult to find anything to say that can emphasize how bizarre, perverse, and utterly surreal this is. I'd like to say that this is rock bottom, but unfortunately there does not seem to be a floor to this madness.

As I've written many times before in this space, we will pay dearly for accepting the ideology of gender fluidity. Some researchers are already cautiously sounding the alarm—a recent study reviewed in the Research Digest of the British Psychological Society warns that "early transition" can come with some severe risks:

Clinicians treating teenagers with gender dysphoria, the teens themselves, and their parents, are faced with a dilemma – puberty suppressing drugs and hormonal treatments will likely make it easier for the adolescent to gender transition in due course, and the earlier that process begins, the more effective it is likely to be. However, intervening earlier comes with a greater risk that the teen may later de-transition (that is, change their mind about wanting to transition to the other gender), leaving them with potentially irreversible bodily changes caused by the hormonal treatment.

According to a systematic review published recently in the journal Pediatrics, adding to this clinical dilemma is a dearth of quality data on the physical and psychosocial effects of hormonal treatments on gender dysphoric teenagers and young adults. The limited evidence that is available provides only "qualified support" for these treatments, the review concludes, and while puberty suppressors have some benefits, they do not actually alleviate gender dysphoria.

The new findings – based on an exhaustive search of any and all relevant studies published between 1946 and 2017 – are published at a time when the medical and allied professions have shifted toward an increasingly "affirmative" approach toward gender dysphoria, one that at the extreme involves encouraging the process of transition at the very first signs of the condition… the new review reveals how this advice is based on extremely limited evidence. When it comes to teens and young adults aged under 25, we simply do not yet know much about the psychosocial effects of pubertal suppressors (including gonadotropin-releasing analogs which suppress the development of secondary sexual characteristics) and hormonal treatments (both gender-affirming hormones and cross-hormonal treatments, such as anti-androgens, which counter the effects of testosterone, and progestins, which suppress the menses).

The study goes on to warn that there is virtually no data on the trend of "detransitioning," when young people attempt to reverse the physical and hormonal changes they have embarked on—and that much caution and more research are needed to determine the way forward. These findings, of course, are dismissed by the ideologues who find these scientific heresies unwelcome and inconvenient—if not "transphobic." Jesse Singal of The Atlantic got crucified for merely raising these questions earlier this summer.

(snip)

https://www.lifesite...7s8LJcjNZ__uOuQ

#2 User is offline   gravelrash 

• I wish they all were punk rock girls
  • Group: +Copper Community Supporter

Posted 13 November 2018 - 10:11 PM

Twitter promptly exploded with LGBT activists accusing this fellow of being “transphobic” for declining to be sexually interested in a biological-male-turned-female, along with a discussion about whether sexual preference outweighed the plight of transgender people who have a rough time getting a date.

Tell me about it...

The single silver lining in all of this is that increasingly, many liberals are growing suspicious of the totalitarian instincts displayed by the trans movement.

Except leftists have always been excited and adamant with their totalitarian instincts toward any angle to power.

It's worse than a junior high clique. They don't care. They don't like. They don't respect or even pretend to give a sh!t. They just use you. They talk about "love" and "family". Suckerbait. Don't fall for it.

#3 User is online   tailgunner 

• <no title>
  • Group: +Bronze Community Supporter

Posted 13 November 2018 - 10:41 PM

Of course you are. There's only so many ships in the sea and for these nitwits, there's damn few. They want to hump and bump to beat the band. So your the bigot if you don't allow them to with you.

#4 User is offline   Ticked@TinselTown 

• Unimpressed with Celebutards since Always
  • View blog
  • Group: Platinum Community Supporter

Posted 13 November 2018 - 11:20 PM

So we are no longer allowed to desire what we desire unless it aligns with what OTHERS tell us we're allowed to desire?

F*ck that and f*ck them... And no, I don't mean that in the literal sense, they can do that for themselves with their BOLs

#5 User is online   zurg 

• <no title>

Posted 14 November 2018 - 03:42 AM

Given the choice, I’ll just say I’m a bigot. (And racist, but that’s already been established because I’m white.) (And misogynist, but that’s also already a default condition because I’m male.)

(And beyond that, I agree with Ticked. Fu them.)

#6 User is offline   grimreefer 

• U.S. Merchant Marine
  • View gallery
  • Group: Diamond Community Supporter

Posted 14 November 2018 - 05:32 AM

"Would you go out with a transsexual woman?" she queried.

Nope. Aside from the obvious psychological problems, it's still a male.

#7 User is offline   JerryL 

• <no title>
  • View gallery
  • Group: Bronze

Posted 14 November 2018 - 07:13 AM

View Postgrimreefer, on 14 November 2018 - 05:32 AM, said:

Yes, from my biased and bigoted "binary" position, dating a transgender "female" would put me in a homosexual relationship.

#8 User is offline   LongKnife 

• Don't start none, won't be none.
  • View gallery
  • Group: +Silver Community Supporter

Posted 14 November 2018 - 08:49 AM

Mark me down as transphobic. Gives me the willies just thinking about it.

#9 User is offline   Ladybird 

• <no title>

Posted 14 November 2018 - 09:22 AM

So what if he doesn't want to date a trans-woman? All dating preferences are discriminatory by their very nature.

#10 User is offline   stick 

• The 'Little Genius' giving thanks
  • View blog
  • View gallery
  • Group: Gold

Posted 14 November 2018 - 09:45 AM

View PostJerryL, on 14 November 2018 - 07:13 AM, said:

Yes, from my biased and bigoted "binary" position, dating a transgender "female" would put me in a homosexual relationship.

Pretty sure your wife wouldn't approve either.

#11 User is offline   JerryL 

• <no title>
  • View gallery

Posted 14 November 2018 - 09:51 AM

View Poststick, on 14 November 2018 - 09:45 AM, said:

Pretty sure your wife wouldn't approve either.

Probably not.

#12 User is offline   Severian 

• Order of the Seekers for Truth & Penitence
  • Group: +Gold Community Supporter

Posted 14 November 2018 - 09:54 AM

View Postgrimreefer, on 14 November 2018 - 05:32 AM, said:

Yeah, why start a relationship with a "womyn" that you already know is crazy.

View PostLadybird, on 14 November 2018 - 09:22 AM, said:

So what if he doesn't want to date a trans-woman? All dating preferences are discriminatory by their very nature.

Yup. Say I really like redheads. By my nature those are who attract me, that's "discriminatory" but so what? You like and are attracted to who you are, for whatever reason.

I've read in more than one place that trans male to female types often wind up in lesbian relationships with other real women. WTF? Seems like an awful lot of pain and hair pulling to wind up right back where you'd have been if you did nothing, hooked up with a woman. :hairpull:

#13 User is online   oki 

• <no title>

Posted 14 November 2018 - 10:32 AM

Yup, who needs a couple hundred thousand years of evolution, D.N.A., science and such to tell people anything right?
That if you are born with a completely normal body then it's something in your mental/brain makeup, and not something with your body.

Oki

#14 User is online   oki 

• <no title>

Posted 14 November 2018 - 10:35 AM

Does that make me bigoted if I prefer Asian woman? Does that make you a bigot if you prefer Tall, Dark and Handsome?
Does it make it make a person discriminatory if they prefer a certain age group? Hell, if we take this to the extreme then preferring someone in your own age group is by nature discriminatory.

Oki

#15 User is offline   erp 

• Undead Undead Undead
  • Group: Silver

Posted 14 November 2018 - 11:20 AM

Why stop there?

Aren't you a bigot for not dating your own gender? Those who date their own gender, but not the opposite gender, are they not bigots, too?

These people are nuts. Pun intended.

#16 User is offline   DJGoody 

• <no title>

Posted 14 November 2018 - 12:27 PM

So these freaks are all about 'choice' when it comes to murdering babies, but dating.... Not so much!

#17 User is offline   AnnieGotHerGun 

• <no title>
  • Group: +Silver Community Supporter

Posted 14 November 2018 - 12:56 PM

These twits crack me up! They already moan and whine about how unhappy they are in the body God gave them. So, they find the funds (donations? tax-payer dollars?) to have the surgery that snips and wipes out some very important body parts, start taking all the hormones so they can truly say 'Man, I feel like a woman!', or vice versa. Then they moan and whine because us normal folk take exception to them mutilating their bodies and using mostly tax-payer or policy-member funds to do so. We don't 'accept' them. We don't believe they are truly a man/woman. Well, once they go through all that mess they still aren't changed on the inside. DNA doesn't lie too often. And that's something that can't be changed. I'm thinking if we fired back up the mental hospitals some of this mess would go by the way side and not bother us 'normal folk' any longer...

#18 User is offline   nickel 

• Just say No to fluorescent lights!
  • Group: Silver

Posted 15 November 2018 - 03:09 PM

Date a "transgender" person? Sure, right after I get finished dating a unicorn.

In this matter, I'm not a bigot. That's because "transgenderism" is as fictional as unicorns. It's a concept, an idea, a fantasy, an illusion, a delusion, a mental illness, but not a real thing. Gender cannot be changed because XX and XY cannot be changed. At most, appearances can be modified somewhat, and even then, usually not very well.

#19 User is offline   Ticked@TinselTown 

• Unimpressed with Celebutards since Always
  • View blog
  • Group: Platinum Community Supporter

Posted 15 November 2018 - 04:14 PM

Oh, no, it's all about love, dontcha know?

Love has no gender, it's pure.

Well, I suppose that's quite true, but DESIRE, well, that's an entirely different kettle of fish.

For the homosexuals who say that their sexual orientation is something they are born with and cannot fight so, too, is heterosexuality.

Trying to force someone who is heterosexual to be ashamed of their orientation to please the gay/transgender/alphabet movement community seems to me to be the height of hypocrisy given their hue and cry about acceptance.

but, again, it's all about forcing their will and views on everyone else and demanding they be accepted absolutely while being incapable of doing to same.

#20 User is offline   Buckwheat Jones 

• <no title>

Posted 15 November 2018 - 04:22 PM

Exactly.

Share this topic:

• 2 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

2 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users