RightNation.US
News (Home) | Righters' Blog | Hollywood Halfwits | Our Store | New User Intro | Link to us | Support Us

RightNation.US: Florida sixth-grader charged with misdemeanor - RightNation.US

Florida sixth-grader charged with misdemeanor after refusing to recite Pledge of Allegiance Rate Topic: -----

#21 User is offline   Moderator T 

• <no title>
  • View gallery
  • Group: Moderator

Posted 19 February 2019 - 09:28 AM

View PostJunto, on 19 February 2019 - 08:57 AM, said:

Sixth graders can easily get to be 5'8+, 200lbs., and even a 100lb. girl can cause damage. Combine threats of violence and disorderly conduct with no-tolerance policies and this is what you get.

Don't worry, I'm sure the news will release a picture of him at age 7 with a cute smile with a missing tooth, a teddy bear t-shirt, surrounded by stuffed animals to show how innocent he is.

#22 User is offline   Dean Adam Smithee 

• School of the Cold Hard Facts
  • View gallery
  • Group: Platinum Community Supporter

Posted 19 February 2019 - 11:02 AM

View PostDiamond369, on 19 February 2019 - 08:29 AM, said:

A swift kick in the butt for arrogance and childlike stupidity, sure, but a crime? I remember as a kid that if another kid had a different set of opinions or even a different religious belief, they had the option of leaving the class or anything else. The other kids may say something, so what? The kid may have come from a JW or Buddhist family and their beliefs were respected, even though others may talk, no one should force another person to change their beliefs. Was I reading this article right?

Were you reading the COMPLETE article? See my post immediately above as to the precise reasons for the arrest.

Having an opinion or belief is one thing. Mouthing off to a teacher in one thing. But... Once it escalates to where the LEOs get called in? Game over; disobeying the direct (lawful) order from an LEO is a crime in Florida and most other states.

2018 Florida Statutes 316.072

(3) OBEDIENCE TO POLICE AND FIRE DEPARTMENT OFFICIALS.—It is unlawful and a misdemeanor of the second degree, punishable as provided in s. 775.082 or s. 775.083, for any person willfully to fail or refuse to comply with any lawful order or direction of any law enforcement officer, traffic crash investigation officer as described in s. 316.640, traffic infraction enforcement officer as described in s. 316.640, or member of the fire department at the scene of a fire, rescue operation, or other emergency.

This kid is best served if he learns - SOONER RATHER THAN LATER - that actions have consequences. Most of us learn that from our parents. it sucks that some have to learn it from the criminal justice system instead.

#23 User is offline   Ladybird 

• <no title>
  • Group: +Copper Community Supporter

Posted 19 February 2019 - 11:15 AM

View PostDean Adam Smithee, on 19 February 2019 - 11:02 AM, said:

Were you reading the COMPLETE article? See my post immediately above as to the precise reasons for the arrest.

Having an opinion or belief is one thing. Mouthing off to a teacher in one thing. But... Once it escalates to where the LEOs get called in? Game over; disobeying the direct (lawful) order from an LEO is a crime in Florida and most other states.

2018 Florida Statutes 316.072

(3) OBEDIENCE TO POLICE AND FIRE DEPARTMENT OFFICIALS.—It is unlawful and a misdemeanor of the second degree, punishable as provided in s. 775.082 or s. 775.083, for any person willfully to fail or refuse to comply with any lawful order or direction of any law enforcement officer, traffic crash investigation officer as described in s. 316.640, traffic infraction enforcement officer as described in s. 316.640, or member of the fire department at the scene of a fire, rescue operation, or other emergency.

This kid is best served if he learns - SOONER RATHER THAN LATER - that actions have consequences. Most of us learn that from our parents. it sucks that some have to learn it from the criminal justice system instead.

Oh he learned a lesson alright. The kid claimed he doesn’t want to stand up because America is racist. His teacher argues, telling him basically to ‘love it or leave it’, then orders him out of her classroom. She was ignorant of the school guidelines over participation in the pledge and escalated this situation to the point the kid became disruptive and agitated.

#24 User is offline   That_Guy 

• <no title>
  • Group: +Gold Community Supporter

Posted 19 February 2019 - 11:26 AM

View PostLadybird, on 19 February 2019 - 11:15 AM, said:

She was ignorant of the school guidelines over participation in the pledge and escalated this situation to the point the kid became disruptive and agitated.

And we know who gets the call whenever a black male becomes “disruptive,” don’t we?

Apparently, even if he’s a child in his own school classroom.

#25 User is offline   MontyPython 

• Pull My Finger.....
  • View gallery
  • Group: Gold

Posted 19 February 2019 - 01:23 PM

View PostRedSoloCup, on 19 February 2019 - 05:56 AM, said:

If corporal punishment was still in schools, believe me the kid's wouldn't be smarting off like they are today.

You got that EXACTLY right.

View PostLadybird, on 19 February 2019 - 11:15 AM, said:

Oh he learned a lesson alright. The kid claimed he doesn’t want to stand up because America is racist.

Ah, so he's an idiot too.

<_<

#26 User is offline   stick 

• The 'Little Genius' giving thanks
  • View blog
  • View gallery
  • Group: Gold

Posted 19 February 2019 - 02:15 PM

“They brought me here,” the boy replied.

What does this even mean? Who is "they"?

#27 User is offline   zurg 

• <no title>
  • Group: +Copper Community Supporter

Posted 19 February 2019 - 02:25 PM

View PostThat_Guy, on 19 February 2019 - 11:26 AM, said:

And we know who gets the call whenever a black male becomes “disruptive,” don’t we?

Apparently, even if he’s a child in his own school classroom.

Woe is me!

FYI - blacks and whites who are civil to each other get along great! And have a good time!

You should try it sometime.

#28 User is offline   ASE 

• You do NOT have a right to NOT BE OFFENDED!!
  • View gallery
  • Group: Platinum Community Supporter

Posted 20 February 2019 - 02:53 PM

View PostDiamond369, on 19 February 2019 - 08:29 AM, said:

A swift kick in the butt for arrogance and childlike stupidity, sure, but a crime? I remember as a kid that if another kid had a different set of opinions or even a different religious belief, they had the option of leaving the class or anything else. The other kids may say something, so what? The kid may have come from a JW or Buddhist family and their beliefs were respected, even though others may talk, no one should force another person to change their beliefs. Was I reading this article right?

With the lawsuit crazy society we live in, many people are afraid to take what 40 years ago would have been deemed appropriate action. That is why you see police called in to handle situations involving school kids, especially if they are minority kids. Parents are too soon to assume racist or discriminatory offense when none was intended.

Share this topic:

• 2 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users