RightNation.US
News (Home) | Righters' Blog | Hollywood Halfwits | Our Store | New User Intro | Link to us | Support Us

RightNation.US: A small request as you celebrate this weekend. - RightNation.US

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

A small request as you celebrate this weekend. Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   oki 

• <no title>
  • Group: +Bronze Community Supporter

Posted 03 July 2019 - 11:31 AM

The Fourth of July is a time to celebrate. But before you do I ask that you think of a very special group of people. Those who have given so much for this nation, I am of coarse speaking of the men and woman who went to hell and back. Not just to thank them, but to understand that some experiences may fade a bit with time they still stay with you for life. And, the sounds of fire works can cause a person to become everything from a bit nervous or leery, to go into full blown panic attacks and leave them hiding under the bed. Everyone is different, just try to think of you friends and neighbors who will hear the celebrations. Doesn't mean you should refrain from things, just maybe a knock on the door prior or a phone call, inviting them over. Not only is the kind gesture appreciated it can mean the difference between a quite night and a very hard one for a Vet. It isn't necessarily the noise per say which can be so difficult, it is the loud and unexpected ones that come out of nowhere. In a way I feel ashamed of even mentioning this, but I can relate. No, I never saw combat, only a 'training accident' that involved some heavy artillery(155's) which put a few rounds on us in basic. But, it was enough for me to understand what it's like to live hearing a unexpected noise and it stops you dead in your tracks or you are wanting to find a place to hide, at least for a split second until your mind and reasoning can kick in and say it's okay, not a threat your not actually in danger. Again, I got only a tiny taste, I can't even imagine what it's like for so many who did experience so much worse.

Oki

#2 User is offline   MontyPython 

• Pull My Finger.....
  • View gallery
  • Group: Gold

Posted 03 July 2019 - 01:06 PM

It's especially noisy here on the Canadian border. A lot of Americans don't know it, but July 1st is "Canada Day" (formerly "Dominion Day"), and just like here on July 4th, they celebrate with fireworks. The "official" fireworks displays take place on the 1st, but just like here in America the citizens often buy their own fireworks and set them off for days, both before and after the holiday itself. So we've been hearing huge "booms" and "bangs" for several days already, and because of the 4th, we expect to keep hearing them for several more days. Most years it lasts a couple weeks altogether.

I feel sorry for the animals. Pets and wild animals both.

B)

#3 User is offline   Ladybird 

• <no title>
  • Group: +Copper Community Supporter

Posted 03 July 2019 - 01:29 PM

I loved marching in the parade, going to the cousins for a cookout, roasting marshmallows afterwards, then came time for the fireworks. It was my least favorite part of the day. Some people like loud noises. I was never one of them.

The cats donít like it (or thunder) either.

#4 User is online   searcher 

• <no title>
  • Group: Bronze

Posted 03 July 2019 - 03:41 PM

Been nice and quiet here. Maybe 'cause it's so dry all year.

Mark

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users