RightNation.US
News (Home) | Righters' Blog | Hollywood Halfwits | Our Store | New User Intro | Link to us | Support Us

RightNation.US: Racism a Top Issue at Democratic Debate - RightNation.US

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Racism a Top Issue at Democratic Debate Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   MTP Reggie 

• <no title>
  • View gallery
  • Group: +Gold Community Supporter

Posted 17 September 2019 - 07:02 PM

Racism a Top Issue at Democratic Debate, So How Should Libertarians Respond?
Nick Hankoff
September 17, 2019
The Advocates

<More Here>

Race relations is now a political issue all its own at the highest level. Annoying as it may be for libertarians and Republicans, the 2020 Democratic presidential candidates are rapidly securing home-field advantage on this increasingly relevant topic.

When a big government politician says, "We need to do something!" it's a sure bet there will be bad policy. Add racial tension, and there's a spicy recipe for chaos, just the sort of thing bureaucracies feed on.

Libertarians and a few good Republicans understand this power dynamic. So, why does it seem like the Democrats are free to draw the parameters of any debate on race, most treacherously at the presidential level?

Consider the premises laid out during the third Democratic debate. Racism is systemic, they say. It's in gun violence, health care, education, the economy, the environment, the hospital, and the courtroom. White privilege is ingrained in society, we're told.

Is it really sufficient to rebut this ideology by telling black voters that Democrats founded the KKK and Republicans passed the Civil Rights Act? Obviously, that boomer argument will never work.

Or how about the suggestions humbly offered by writers Tim Carney and Bonnie Kristian that conservatives and libertarians "create ecosystems that don't welcome racists." In fairness, their articles were written days before this latest Democratic debate. But just as the "no, actually, the left are the real racists" argument fails, so too do their pleas for movement soul-searching.

The correct response matters. This issue is not going away and is no longer a fringe issue for liberals. Debate moderator Linsey Davis of ABC News said several recent polls indicate that the "number one concern" for young black Americans is racism.

I found a May 2019 poll of young people, aged 18-36, that asked them what is the most important problem facing the country today. Fourteen percent of African-Americans said racism. That was a plurality, with gun control at 11 percent and health care at 10 percent, and every other issue at or below 7 percent. Among "Latinxs," the poll's word for Latinos, 14 percent said immigration, while 9 percent said racism.

Presidential candidates are promising reparations for slavery in 2020. Is it not feasible that could be a mainstream proposal come 2024? The political consequences aren't what they once were a generation ago, when it was only Jesse Jackson urging government payouts to descendants of slaves.

(snip)

<More Here>

#2 User is offline   Howsithangin 

• The more ppl I meet, the more I like my cats
  • Group: +Bronze Community Supporter

Posted 17 September 2019 - 08:01 PM

Naturally. It's their bread and butter, the oxygen in their air. If they weren't able to pit one group of people against another through imaginary wrongs, the people just might unite and realize that they don't need all this government to 'help' them. And we can't have that.

So after 60 years after the civil rights era, racism is worse then ever? No, what's happening is that whites, and to a lesser extent Asians, have finally had enough of the subject, gagging at being force fed guilt 24-7. The predictable response from the if-you-don't-agree-with-me-you're-an-"ist" left, is to declare that this alone, is proof that racism is worse than ever.

These people are just plain evil. I don't like that they're still sucking up good oxygen that could be used by more productive species like cockroaches, rats, fleas and ticks

This post has been edited by Howsithangin: 17 September 2019 - 08:06 PM

#3 User is offline   Taggart Transcontinental 

• <no title>
  • View gallery
  • Group: +Gold Community Supporter

Posted 17 September 2019 - 08:02 PM

You think? The party of the KKK, and Jim Crow has a problem with racism? Oh yeah.

#4 User is offline   grimreefer 

• U.S. Merchant Marine
  • View gallery
  • Group: Diamond Community Supporter

Posted 17 September 2019 - 08:41 PM

When a big government politician says, "We need to do something!" it's a sure bet there will be bad policy.

Truer words have never been spoken... er, written.

#5 User is offline   erp 

• Undead Undead Undead
  • Group: Silver

Posted 18 September 2019 - 04:53 AM

The democrat party has always used race as a tool for power.

First, the democrats used race to suppress votes. They argued that blacks should not be allow a full vote. Back then, they knew if blacks had an equal vote, they would lose power.

When that did not work out for them, they suppressed black votes through Jon Crow laws.

When that started to fall apart, they switched strategies and started to buy votes through welfare and broke up my the black families with policy. Black women would actually get more welfare money if the fathers were NOT there. I once knew a social worker from that who told me stories of how black men would hide when the state came around for wellness checks.

Now, they use fear of racism to keep blacks voting for them.

Not once in the history of the democrat party have they ever cared about the black community. All they ever cared about was maintaining power.

It is one of the primary reasons I despise the democrats.

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users