RightNation.US
News (Home) | Righters' Blog | Hollywood Halfwits | Our Store | New User Intro | Link to us | Support Us

RightNation.US: As Israel Mourns, Her Neighbors Celebrate - RightNation.US

-----
As an avid supporter of the State of Israel, there are some decisions that she makes that leaves me dumbfounded. Her latest decision to agree to a prisoner exchange with Hezbollah is one of them. While I realize that I am pretty clueless what it is like to be an Israeli citizen since I have not been living with the constant threat of terrorism, I am still at a loss to understand why anyone would negotiate with terrorists.

Rabbi Yechiel Eckstein, the President of International Fellowship of Christians and Jews explains in his article "As Israel Mourns, Her Neighbors Celebrate" what happened.

Sadly, Eldad Regev and Ehud Goldwasser came home in coffins. Their fate had been uncertain since their capture two years ago in the kidnapping that sparked the Second Lebanon War, and Hezbollah refused to divulge their condition prior to the exchange. Shlomo Goldwasser, Ehud's father, exhibited extraordinary grace and strength when he spoke to the press after learning of his son's death: "If [Hezbollah Chief Sheikh Hassan] Nasrallah's greatest achievement is keeping us in the dark, than he can have it and as many like that as he wants. If he considered uncertainty as an achievement then I pity both him and the Lebanese people." Eyal Regev, Eldad Regev's brother, thanked his countrymen for their commitment to bringing his brother back to Israel: "With all the immense pain involved in making this prisoner exchange deal, I'm proud of this country. Israel should be proud of the decision to bring [Ehud] and Eldad back. We're paying a high price for them."

The price was indeed high. One of the prisoners returned by Israel is infamous even by terrorist standards. Samir Kuntar was a member of a group called the Palestine Liberation Front when in 1979 he took part in an attack that was so horrific it shook Israel to its very foundations.

While I personally believe that it is harder to not know than to know when something horrible happens to a loved one (and my thoughts and prayers go out to the families of these two Israeli heroes), I am still quite frightened about how many other Israelis are going to die because of this decision. And before you think I am overreacting, read the following excerpt about the history of one of the prisoners Israel released for the bodies of Eldad Regev and Ehud Goldwasser.

Smadar Haran Kaiser, wife of Danny Haran and mother of two little girls, was the sole survivor of that attack. A few years ago, Smadar told the story of that fateful day in an op-ed published in the Washington Post:

It had been a peaceful Sabbath day. My husband, Danny, and I had picnicked with our little girls, Einat, 4, and Yael, 2, on the beach not far from our home in Nahariya ... Around midnight, we were asleep in our apartment when four terrorists, sent by Abu Abbas from Lebanon, landed in a rubber boat on the beach two blocks away. Gunfire and exploding grenades awakened us as the terrorists burst into our building…

Desperately, we sought to hide. Danny helped our neighbor climb into a crawl space above our bedroom; I went in behind her with Yael in my arms. Then Danny grabbed Einat and was dashing out the front door to take refuge in an underground shelter when the terrorists came crashing into our flat. They held Danny and Einat while they searched for me and Yael…

I will never forget the joy and the hatred in their voices as they swaggered about hunting for us, firing their guns and throwing grenades. I knew that if Yael cried out, the terrorists would toss a grenade into the crawl space and we would be killed. So I kept my hand over her mouth, hoping she could breathe. As I lay there, I remembered my mother telling me how she had hidden from the Nazis during the Holocaust. "This is just like what happened to my mother," I thought.

As police began to arrive, the terrorists took Danny and Einat down to the beach. There, according to eyewitnesses, one of them shot Danny in front of Einat so that his death would be the last sight she would ever see. Then he smashed my little girl's skull in against a rock with his rifle butt. That terrorist was Samir Kuntar. By the time we were rescued from the crawl space, hours later, Yael, too, was dead. In trying to save all our lives, I had smothered her.

These are the stories that our terrorism-excusing media needs to be telling the public if indeed they want to fulfill their duty to keep the people informed. Yet, why is it that this is the first time I've read about this? Sure it was once reported in the Washington Post, but why has not this story been on the airwaves in conjunction with the reports of the prisoner exchange? I thought the public had 'a right to know'?

The failure of our media to include the 'rest of the story' is, in my opinion, one of the main reasons why so many Americans have forgotten the extent of the danger and yes evil that we are facing. Instead our beloved media is more concerned with the rights of these vile terrorists and Israel's enemies. Speaking of which, below is another part of the story that will never see the light of day in the mainstream media.

Among Israel’s neighbors, however, a different mood prevails. In Lebanon, the returned prisoners, including Kuntar, were given a hero’s welcome. Government offices, shops, banks, and schools were closed in honor of the occasion. Celebratory banners and flags lined the streets of Lebanon’s coastal highway. Palestinians, too, were pleased. Palestinian lawmaker Mustafa Barghouthi called the release of the prisoners “a triumph for Lebanese and Palestinian steadfastness and continued resistance.” Hamas head Ismail Haniyeh telephoned Samir Kuntar’s mother to congratulate her on her son’s release, while Palestinian President Mahmoud Abbas -- the head of the supposedly more “moderate” of the two Palestinian factions sent -- his good wishes as well. In Gaza, there were spontaneous street celebrations.

Now tell me again about the moral equivalency between Israel and her neighbors.

Elusively yours,
ilja

5 Comments On This Entry

Thank you ilja. I wish I hadn't read your blog, but I am grateful I did.

Sometimes, because we don't know a truth, we think it never happened.

Again, thank you for bringing this to my attention.

Mollywalk, on Jul 20 2008, 03:54 PM, said:

Thank you ilja. I wish I hadn't read your blog, but I am grateful I did.

Sometimes, because we don't know a truth, we think it never happened.

Again, thank you for bringing this to my attention.

You're more than welcome, Mollywalk. There are times when I wish I could put the Jeannie back in the bottle as well. One of these days, I'm going to do a Blog on it.
I won't get the story of Danny's family out of my head. All I can think now is,"Jesus." No, that won't make the mainstream.

Dublin5, on Jul 20 2008, 09:43 PM, said:

I won't get the story of Danny's family out of my head. All I can think now is,"Jesus." No, that won't make the mainstream.

I know. It tore me up when I first read it, as well. What I didn't realize until just now is that he has the same name as my son. :)

ilja, on Jul 21 2008, 12:05 AM, said:

Dublin5, on Jul 20 2008, 09:43 PM, said:

I know. It tore me up when I first read it, as well. What I didn't realize until just now is that he has the same name as my son. :)

I'm sorry. That must be tough on you.
Page 1 of 1

ilja's Corny Corner

A Doctor, A Lawyer, A Little Boy And A Priest
A doctor, a lawyer, a little boy and a priest were out for a Sunday afternoon flight on a small private plane. Suddenly, the plane developed engine trouble. In spite of the best efforts of the pilot, the plane started to go down. Finally, the pilot grabbed a parachute, yelled to the passengers that they had better jump, and then he bailed out.

Unfortunately, there were only three parachutes remaining. The doctor grabbed one and said "I'm a doctor, I save lives, so I must live," and jumped out.

The lawyer then said, "I'm a lawyer and lawyers are the smartest people in the world. I deserve to live." He also grabbed a parachute and jumped.

The priest looked at the little boy and said, "My son, I've lived a long and full life. You are young and have your whole life ahead of you. Take the last parachute and live in peace."

The little boy handed the parachute back to the priest and said, "Not to worry, Father. The 'smartest man in the world' just took off with my back pack."

link

2 user(s) viewing

2 Guests
0 member(s)
0 anonymous member(s)

ilja's Favorite RightNation Quotes

View Postspt, on 03 May 2011 - 05:32 PM, said:

I think maybe we should all go for a drink and ask for the new drink....it is called the Bin Laden...2 shots and a splash of water :drinkers: :drinkers:
http://i147.photobuc.../lmaosmiley.gif

View PostBrian Fellow, on 15 December 2012 - 02:45 PM, said:

Sorry was busy reading a tweet from an adamant 'pro-choice' person about gun control and 'how many children have to die before we do something'?

http://i147.photobuc...%202/anj_up.gif A perfect example of both irony and hypocrisy.

John Mauldin relates the details of a conversation he had with John Boehner, the Speaker of the House of Representatives.

At the :50 Maudlin describes Boehner telling him that Obama has,
“…balls made out of marshmallows…”

View PostSonofThunder, on 26 February 2013 - 05:47 AM, said:

If that is true, why do we see Boehner continually backing down and rolling over while Obama stands firm and never compromises?

View PostGertie Keddle, on 26 February 2013 - 06:34 AM, said:

'Cause he's a Campfire Girl?
http://i147.photobuc...06/kneeslap.gif

NEVER FORGET!

Staff Sgt. Matt Maupin’s long road home ended Saturday in a blaze of yellow ribbons, the silent tribute of people who lined the roads, and the respect of thousands more who filed past his coffin at a public visitation . . . “If four people showed up, that’s OK with me,” said Keith Maupin, the soldier’s father, as he took a mid-afternoon break outside the Civic Center, where many came up to him to shake his hand or give him a hug . . . Matt Maupin became the face of the war in Iraq for thousands here and across the country in April 2004, when an Arab TV station aired a tape showing the Union Township soldier kneeling and surrounded by masked men carrying automatic rifles . . .Four years and millions of prayers later, a tip from an Iraqi citizen led U.S. soldiers to the farm area northwest of Baghdad where Matt Maupin’s remains were found on March 20 . . .Scoutmaster David Bacon said the boys of Troop 511 had been well aware of the story of Matt Maupin and wanted to pay their own tribute.“I’ve talked to them many times about Matt,” said Bacon, whose cousin, Lance Cpl. David Kreuter, was killed in Iraq in 2005. “They understand it was the sacrifice of young men like Matt that gives us the freedom to meet every Monday night. There are places in the world where Boy Scouting is not allowed.” http://i147.photobuc.../3yqo3h0.gifPFC Keith Matthew MaupinCaptured in IraqApril 9, 2004

We Owe Them So Much

http://i147.photobuc.../troopsspin.gifNever Mind the Cost by c.m.steppe ©2001 There's a young man far from home, Called in time of war; Sent to defend our freedom On some distant foreign shore. On some distant foreign shore. We pray You keep him safe, We pray You keep him strong, We pray You send him safely home ... For he's been away so long. For he's been away so long. There's a young woman far from home, Serving U.S.A. with pride. Her every step is strong and sure, Courage in every stride. Courage in every stride. We pray You keep her safe, We pray You keep her strong, We pray You send her safely home ... For she's been away too long. For she's been away too long. Bless those who wait their safe return. Bless those who mourn the lost. Bless those who serve this country well, Never mind the cost. Never mind the cost. God, Bless America!

Recent Entries

Disclaimer

Search My Blog

An Email From God?

I got this in an email today and though it doesn't say who wrote it, I don't doubt these things could have happened.'MEET ME IN THE STAIRWELL' You say you will never forget where you were when you heard the news On September 11, 2001. Neither will I. I was on the 110th floor in a smoke filled room with a man who called his wife to say 'Good-Bye.' I held his fingers steady as he dialed. I gave him the peace to say, 'Honey, I am not going to make it, but it is OK..I am ready to go.' I was with his wife when he called as she fed breakfast to their children. I held her up as she tried to understand his words and as she realized he wasn't coming home that night. I was in the stairwell of the 23rd floor when a woman cried out to Me for help. 'I have been knocking on the door of your heart for 50 years!' I said. 'Of course I will show you the way home - only believe in Me now.' I was at the base of the building with the Priest ministering to the injured and devastated souls. I took him home to tend to his Flock in Heaven. He heard my voice and answered. I was on all four of those planes, in every seat, with every prayer. I was with the crew as they were overtaken. I was in the very hearts of the believers there, comforting and assuring them that their faith has saved them. I was in Texas , Virginia , California , Michigan , Afghanistan ... I was standing next to you when you heard the terrible news. Did you sense Me? I want you to know that I saw every face. I knew every name - though not all know Me. Some met Me for the first time on the 86th floor. Some sought Me with their last breath. Some couldn't hear Me calling to them through the smoke and flames; 'Come to Me... this way... take my hand.' Some chose, for the final time, to ignore Me. But, I was there. I did not place you in the Tower that day. You may not know why, but I do. However, if you were there in that explosive moment in time, would you have reached for Me? Sept. 11, 2001, was not the end of the journey for you. But someday your journey will end. And I will be there for you as well. Seek Me now while I may be found. Then, at any moment, you know you are 'ready to go.' I will be in the stairwell of your final moments. God http://i147.photobuc...3/knowjesus.gif