RightNation.US
News (Home) | Righters' Blog | Hollywood Halfwits | Our Store | New User Intro | Link to us | Support Us

RightNation.US: Obama Launches ‘Democratic Unity Fund’ - RightNation.US

Obama Launches ‘Democratic Unity Fund’ Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   Liz 

• Group: Moderator

Posted 17 May 2019 - 09:46 PM

Obama Launches ‘Democratic Unity Fund’

"The Democratic Unity Fund is a promise that whoever earns our nomination, he or she will have a strong, united, and well-organized DNC…”

Need To Know Network
By NTK Staff
05.17.2019 @2:47pm

[Too short to excerpt]

Former President Barack Obama and the Democratic National Committee (DNC) announced a new fund to help support the Democratic Party’s eventual 2020 presidential nominee called the “Democratic Unity Fund” on Friday.

“I’m excited that the DNC asked me to announce a bold new effort: The Democratic Unity Fund. Launching today, the fund will be dedicated to electing our party’s eventual presidential nominee and winning up and down the ballot in 2020,” Obama said in an email announcing the creation of the fund, according to The Hill.

“The Democratic Unity Fund is a promise that whoever earns our nomination, he or she will have a strong, united, and well-organized DNC ready to spring into action the moment the general election starts — a DNC that’s ready to lift us all to victory in November,” Obama wrote.

The creation of the “Democratic Unity Fund” comes in response to accusations made during the 2016 Democratic presidential primary that the DNC had tipped the scales in Hillary Clinton’s favor.

Link

#2 User is offline   MontyPython 

• Pull My Finger.....
  • View gallery
  • Group: Gold

Posted 17 May 2019 - 10:59 PM

Gee, Obama flapping his yap again? What a surprise.

:yawn:

#3 User is offline   Noclevermoniker 

• Wire Dachsies Matter
  • Group: +Silver Community Supporter

Posted 18 May 2019 - 12:16 AM

Extending his record of everything he touches turning to schidt.

Gotta love watching another of the half-cracka’s efforts sputter and fail.

I wonder if anyone will “mess with Joe”?

This post has been edited by Noclevermoniker: 18 May 2019 - 12:17 AM

#4 User is offline   NH Populist 

• <no title>
  • Group: +Bronze Community Supporter

Posted 18 May 2019 - 02:35 AM

So, the DNC hasn't been trying to raise money up until now?! Their Unity Fund sounds more like a Money for Misfits fund hitting desperation time already. Hang in the Lefties, money really does grow on trees...

This post has been edited by NH Populist: 18 May 2019 - 02:38 AM

#5 User is offline   JerryL 

• <no title>
  • View gallery
  • Group: Bronze

Posted 18 May 2019 - 04:19 AM

This is a public affirmation by the DNC that their incessant identity politics have turned the party into fractured and dysfunctional clown show.

They have to start a fund 1.5 years before an election to shame the electorate into giving money so that they will have funds to support their eventual candidate.

They know that Bernie supporters and Kamala supporters aren’t going to want to give money to creepy Joe...or the other way around, so they start a fund now for « unity. »

Reap what you sow you truly vile people and corrupt party. I hope you raise nothing even with Odumbo schlepping for it.

#6 User is offline   RedSoloCup 

• <no title>
  • Group: +Copper Community Supporter

Posted 18 May 2019 - 05:29 AM

Irony:

Barry Hussein talking about "unity".

From the most divisive pResident in American history.

:biglaugh:

View PostMontyPython, on 17 May 2019 - 10:59 PM, said:

Gee, Obama flapping his yap again? What a surprise.

:yawn:

When did the human ass hole ever stop?

View PostNoclevermoniker, on 18 May 2019 - 12:16 AM, said:

Extending his record of everything he touches turning to schidt.

Gotta love watching another of the half-cracka’s efforts sputter and fail.

I wonder if anyone will “mess with Joe”?

:yes:

This post has been edited by RedSoloCup: 18 May 2019 - 05:31 AM

#7 User is online   erp 

• Undead Undead Undead
  • Group: Silver

Posted 18 May 2019 - 05:42 AM

So the DNC, which is there to help Democrats get elected, is starting a fund to help get Democrats elected?

What a novel idea. Wonder why did they not think of this before?

#8 User is offline   That_Guy 

• <no title>
  • Group: +Gold Community Supporter

Posted 18 May 2019 - 06:05 AM

This is a public affirmation by the DNC that their incessant identity politics have turned the party into fractured and dysfunctional clown show.

Or it’s an announcement that Bill&Hill (along with their hangers-on) have left the building.

#9 User is offline   zurg 

• <no title>

Posted 18 May 2019 - 06:13 AM

I wonder how much of this the Chinese are funding? Someone should commission an investigation and produce a dossier.

This post has been edited by zurg: 18 May 2019 - 06:13 AM

#10 User is offline   mjperry51 

• My Brain Hurts!!

Posted 18 May 2019 - 06:13 AM

View PostThat_Guy, on 18 May 2019 - 06:05 AM, said:

Or it's an announcement that Bill&Hill (along with their hangers-on) have left the building.

Don't you mean the party is trying to kick them out the door? In case you haven't noticed she's not leaving quietly, , ,

#11 User is offline   NH Populist 

• <no title>
  • Group: +Bronze Community Supporter

Posted 18 May 2019 - 06:41 AM

Or it’s an announcement that Bill&Hill (along with their hangers-on) have left the building.

No... it's a Clown Show.

#12 User is offline   gravelrash 

• I wish they all were punk rock girls

Posted 18 May 2019 - 07:23 AM

Democratic Unity Fund, United States

(DUFUS)

#13 User is offline   That_Guy 

• <no title>

Posted 18 May 2019 - 07:37 AM

View Postgravelrash, on 18 May 2019 - 07:23 AM, said:

Democratic Unity Fund, United States

(DUFUS)

That’s pretty good.

#14 User is offline   Taggart Transcontinental 

• <no title>
  • View gallery

Posted 18 May 2019 - 08:00 AM

So Pimping the clowns once more for money?

#15 User is online   erp 

• Undead Undead Undead

Posted 18 May 2019 - 08:16 AM

Typical. Dems always have to do this through a back door. You people are just not honest brokers in anything you do, huh?

#16 User is offline   Martin 

• <no title>

Posted 18 May 2019 - 08:19 AM

Or it's an announcement that Bill&Hill (along with their hangers-on) have left the building.

That Fool, this Democrat Unity Fund has nothing to do with the Clintons. What concerns former President Obama and DNC Chairman Perez is that the two dozen announced Democratic candidates will spend so much of their contributors' money in the primary season that the eventual nominee will have that much less money to spend in the general election.

As for the rest of Right Nation readers, those blessed with more working brain cells than That Fool, may I ask a general question? Why have so many Democrats announced for President?

Senator Bennet: "I think this country faces two enormous challenges, one is a lack of economic mobility and opportunity for most Americans and the other is the need to restore integrity to our government." (Vote for me, I'll deliver jobs and honest government.)

Joe Biden: "We are in the battle for the soul of this nation," he said in the nearly four-minute long video. "If we give Donald Trump eight years in the White House he will forever and fundamentally alter the character of this nation. And I cannot stand by and watch that happen." (Vote for me because I hate Trump.)

Senator Booker: "I believe that we can build a country where no one is forgotten, no one is left behind; where parents can put food on the table; where there are good paying jobs with good benefits in every neighborhood; where our criminal justice system keeps us safe, instead of shuffling more children into cages and coffins; where we see the faces of our leaders on television and feel pride, not shame." (Vote for me, every illegal alien will get a good-paying job instead of being deported.)

Gov. Bullock: "We need to defeat Donald Trump in 2020 and defeat the corrupt system that let's campaign money drown out the people's voice, so we can finally make good on the promise of a fair shot for everyone," (Vote for me, I'll defeat Trump and deliver honest government.)

Mayor Bootygig: "It's time to walk away from the politics of the past, and toward something totally different. And so, that is why I'm here today," (Vote for me, I'll change things.)

Mayor De Blasio: "When we put working families first in New York City, the city got stronger. That can happen for our country, too," (Vote for me, I'll give you free stuff.)

Julian Castro: "When my grandmother got here almost a hundred years ago, I'm sure she never could have imagined that just two generations later, one of her grandsons would be serving as a member of the United States Congress and the other would be standing with you here today to say these words: I am a candidate for President of the United States of America," he said in both English and Spanish. (Vote for me, I'm Hispanic.)

Congressman Gabbard: "There is one main issue that is central to the rest, and that is the issue of war and peace," (Vote for me, I'll keep us out of war.)

Senator Gillibrand: "I'm going to run for president of the United States, because as a young mom, I'm going to fight for other people's kids as hard as I would fight for my own," Gillibrand said on "The Late Show," adding that she had the "compassion, courage, and fearless determination" to tackle issues such as institutional racism and corruption in Washington. (Vote for me, I have a working uterus.)

Senator Harris: "We are at an inflection point in the history of our world. We are at an inflection point in the history of our nation. We are here because the American dream and our American democracy are under attack and on the line like never before," Harris said. "We are here at this moment in time because we must answer a fundamental question: Who are we? ... Who are we as Americans?" (Vote for me or you're un-American.)

Gov. Hickenlooper: "I'm running for president because we need dreamers in Washington but we also need to get things done," Hickenlooper says in the video. "I've proven again and again I can bring people together to produce the progressive change Washington has failed to deliver." (Vote for me, I'll change things.)

Gov. Inslee: "If climate change isn't priority number one it's not going to get done, so I am saying this. I am pledging today if I am given this high honor, I will make fighting climate change the number-one priority of the United States of America." (Vote for me, I'll outlaw fossil fuels.)

Senator Klobuchar: "At a time when we must heal the heart of our democracy and renew our commitment to the common good, I stand before you as the granddaughter of an iron ore miner, as the daughter of a teacher and a newspaperman, as the first woman elected to the United States Senate from the state of Minnesota, to announce my candidacy for president of the United States." (Vote for me, my grandfather was a miner and I've got a vagina.)

Congressman Moulton: I'm running because I'm a patriot, because I believe in this country, and because I've never wanted to sit on the sidelines when it comes to serving it, That's why I joined the Marines. It's why I ran for Congress to try to prevent what I saw got us into Iraq from happening again, and it's why I'm running to take on the most divisive president in American history, to bring this country back together." (Vote for me, I'm a veteran and I hate Trump.)

Mayor Wayne Messam: "The promise of America belongs to all of us, that's why I'm going to be running for president -- to be your champion," Messam added. The Democrat claimed that "Washington is broken," listing problems like rising prescription drug prices, the effects of climate change and crippling student debt. (Vote for me, I'll give you lower drug prices and free college.)

Robert O'Rourke: He said that the crises in our economy, democracy and climate "will either consume us or they will afford us the greatest opportunity to unleash the genius of the United States of America." O'Rourke went through a list of Democratic priorities, including health care, climate change, family separation and criminal justice reform. (Vote for me, I'll give you cheaper health care and amnesty for illegal aliens.)

Congressman Tim Ryan (D-OH): When our local GM factory was shutdown last Thanksgiving, I got a call from my daughter who was consoling her friend whose father was an auto worker and was just laid off," the congressman says on the site. "My daughter said to me, with tears in her voice, 'You have to do something.' That's why I am running for president. It's time to do something." (Vote for me or my daughter will cry.)

Senator Sanders: "It is absolutely imperative that Donald Trump be defeated, because I think it is unacceptable and un-American, to be frank with you, that we have a president who is a pathological liar. We have a president who is a racist, who is a sexist, who is a xenophobe, who is doing what no president in our lifetimes has come close to do doing, and that is trying to divide us up," he added. (Vote for me, I hate Trump.)

Congressman Swalwell: "I've talked to kids who sit in their classroom afraid that they'll be the next victim of gun violence. I see Washington do nothing about it after the moments of silence. And I see lawmakers who love their guns more than they love our kids," "And none of that is gonna change until we get a leader who's willing to go big on the issues we take, be bold in the solutions we offer and do good in the way that we govern." (Vote for me, I'll keep students from shooting each other.)

Senator Warren: "The problem we've got right now in Washington is that it works great for those who've got money to buy influence, and I'm fighting against that, and you bet it's going to make a lot of people unhappy," "working families today face a lot tougher path than my family did. And families of color face a path that is steeper and rockier. A path made even harder by the impact of generations of discrimination." (Vote for me, I'll reform campaign finance and deliver freebies for most people especially blacks.)

Congressman Delaney: "The Democratic Party cherishes opportunity over birthright; wants people to earn a good living; offers a helping hand to the poor, the immigrant and those left behind; wants all Americans to have health care; embraces diversity, equality and justice; understands the importance of global engagements; believes that government can do transformative things; and stands ready to provide for our common defense." (Vote for me, I'll give you free stuff.)

This post has been edited by Martin: 18 May 2019 - 08:20 AM

#17 User is offline   Natural Selection 

• Decrypt the truth
  • Group: Bronze

Posted 18 May 2019 - 09:50 AM

View PostMartin, on 18 May 2019 - 08:19 AM, said:

Why have so many Democrats announced for President?

For the donations. The cash can be used for many things besides their "Presidential campaign". They could even use it to get re-elected to their current position.

They are probably being encouraged by the DNC because the democrats don't have anybody viable. They're going to throw everything against the wall in the hope that something sticks.

#18 User is offline   zurg 

• <no title>

Posted 18 May 2019 - 09:57 AM

Pretty good summaries there Martin. :thumbsup:

#19 User is offline   Martin 

• <no title>

Posted 18 May 2019 - 10:38 AM

View Postzurg, on 18 May 2019 - 09:57 AM, said:

Pretty good summaries there Martin. :thumbsup:
I blush through my modem.

Are the conditions which attracted so many Democratic candidates for President in 2019 the same ones which produced such a bumper crop of Republican candidates in 2015? If so, what are those conditions? An unpopular incumbent?

I imagine the reason a political beginner like Trump could defeat such a long list of established Republicans for the nomination is that all those established Republicans underestimated how frustrated and disgusted the Republican voters were with them. Is there anything like that on the Democrat side this year?

#20 User is offline   MontyPython 

• Pull My Finger.....
  • View gallery
  • Group: Gold

Posted 18 May 2019 - 11:01 AM

View PostMartin, on 18 May 2019 - 10:38 AM, said:

I blush through my modem.

Are the conditions which attracted so many Democratic candidates for President in 2019 the same ones which produced such a bumper crop of Republican candidates in 2015? If so, what are those conditions? An unpopular incumbent?

I imagine the reason a political beginner like Trump could defeat such a long list of established Republicans for the nomination is that all those established Republicans underestimated how frustrated and disgusted the Republican voters were with them. Is there anything like that on the Democrat side this year?

An excellent question. Naturally I'd like to think so, but I just can't be sure. As "divided" as the Democrats are concerning side-issues, let's face it: On most major issues they're monolithic: They all hate freedom (except for the single example of freedom to murder babies), they all want to raise taxes, they all want to grab guns, they all want open borders and sanctuary cities, they all hate the constitution, they all want to grovel to international opinion, and so forth.

<_<

This post has been edited by MontyPython: 18 May 2019 - 11:09 AM

Share this topic:

• 2 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users