RightNation.US
News (Home) | Righters' Blog | Hollywood Halfwits | Our Store | New User Intro | Link to us | Support Us

RightNation.US: The Last of the Greatest - RightNation.US

Jump to content

The Last of the Greatest Rate Topic: -----

#21 User is online   Buckwheat Jones 

  • <no title>
  • Group: Bronze
  • Posts: 8,589
  • Joined: 08-May 03

Posted 17 February 2019 - 12:48 PM

View Postgrimreefer, on 17 February 2019 - 12:17 PM, said:

...or prosecuted.

Or procecuted.
0

#22 User is offline   Dean Adam Smithee 

  • School of the Cold Hard Facts
  • View gallery
  • Group: Platinum Community Supporter
  • Posts: 20,608
  • Joined: 11-December 04

Posted 17 February 2019 - 12:58 PM

View Postscotsman, on 17 February 2019 - 06:44 AM, said:

Dick Churchill was the last Great Escape escaper, I believe there are a few Stalag III prisoners still left, who didn't take part in the escape, but helped build Tom, Dick and Harry.


As of a year or two ago, the last alive who helped but didn't escape was Gordon King of Edmonton Canada. He operated the air pumps and would have been #146 to escape if the tunnels hadn't been discovered. I'm assuming he's still alive as it will be newsworthy when he passes and I haven't found any mention of it.

As of 2009 there were at least nine still alive who has been at Stalag III but not necessarily having anything to do with the escape. I haven't been able to find a current list.
0

#23 User is online   Buckwheat Jones 

  • <no title>
  • Group: Bronze
  • Posts: 8,589
  • Joined: 08-May 03

Posted 17 February 2019 - 01:14 PM

View PostBookdoc, on 17 February 2019 - 12:47 PM, said:

I had people suggest I become a history teacher and I know that just ain't gonna happen. The education cabal has no desire for history teachers. All they want are propagandists who will follow the libturd line. Actual history doesn't follow the PC meme.

I hate to sound old and fatalistic, but I will prob be dead when this cultural shift really gets in gear. I think America will experiment with socialism and it will integrate thought and speech laws like were seeing in Canada and England. The trends in other countries indicate this is coming. There will be a civil war of some sort.

Our culture is becoming pretty toxic because its become extremely relativistic. Look at what Cuomo did to New York re: abortion. Look at the support transgenders get from younger generations.
0

#24 User is online   Bookdoc 

  • Daddy's little girl
  • Group: +Silver Community Supporter
  • Posts: 5,095
  • Joined: 07-September 05

Posted 17 February 2019 - 01:49 PM

View PostBuckwheat Jones, on 17 February 2019 - 01:14 PM, said:

I hate to sound old and fatalistic, but I will prob be dead when this cultural shift really gets in gear. I think America will experiment with socialism and it will integrate thought and speech laws like were seeing in Canada and England. The trends in other countries indicate this is coming. There will be a civil war of some sort.

Our culture is becoming pretty toxic because its become extremely relativistic. Look at what Cuomo did to New York re: abortion. Look at the support transgenders get from younger generations.

Agreed and I put the blame on both politicians and, in a major way, the education cabal-particularly in colleges and universities.
0

#25 User is offline   Coach 

  • Coach
  • Group: Bronze
  • Posts: 14,758
  • Joined: 17-November 03

Posted 17 February 2019 - 05:12 PM

View PostBuckwheat Jones, on 17 February 2019 - 01:14 PM, said:

I hate to sound old and fatalistic, but I will prob be dead when this cultural shift really gets in gear. I think America will experiment with socialism and it will integrate thought and speech laws like were seeing in Canada and England. The trends in other countries indicate this is coming. There will be a civil war of some sort.

Our culture is becoming pretty toxic because its become extremely relativistic. Look at what Cuomo did to New York re: abortion. Look at the support transgenders get from younger generations.



I started thinking about a civil war around 1990 when George H.W. dropped the ball Reagan had handed off to him. The more the GOP pissed away the high ground the more pessimistic I got. The Tea Party movement and Trump have changed the downward slide. A fight for revitalization of the Republican party must ensue soon. The Trump hard core must wrest control of the reins from the neo-cons and never Trumpers. There still may be a civil war because the progressive/socialists never relent and the only solution is their total defeat.

The nation is barely governable now so it's inevitable, civil war or dissolution.

My biggest regret is that I'm too damned old to be in the first wave. I don't rule out Divine intervention either, that's how sick we and the world have become.
0

#26 User is offline   Dean Adam Smithee 

  • School of the Cold Hard Facts
  • View gallery
  • Group: Platinum Community Supporter
  • Posts: 20,608
  • Joined: 11-December 04

Posted 17 February 2019 - 07:06 PM

View PostCoach, on 17 February 2019 - 05:12 PM, said:

I started thinking about a civil war around 1990 when George H.W. dropped the ball Reagan had handed off to him. The more the GOP pissed away the high ground the more pessimistic I got. The Tea Party movement and Trump have changed the downward slide. A fight for revitalization of the Republican party must ensue soon. The Trump hard core must wrest control of the reins from the neo-cons and never Trumpers. There still may be a civil war because the progressive/socialists never relent and the only solution is their total defeat.

The nation is barely governable now so it's inevitable, civil war or dissolution.

My biggest regret is that I'm too damned old to be in the first wave. I don't rule out Divine intervention either, that's how sick we and the world have become.


I started thinking about it in '08 when Obama got elected. nothing to do with "skin color"; EVERYTHING to do with his "Past".


Yeah, I'm probably at pushing 60 too old to be in the "first wave"; I'm no longer The Firebrand that I was IN MY Barfighting days of the '80s But I think I could be a "planner/strategist".(picture me as the Richard Harris character in Wild Geese) tempered by the fact that given the average American voters... oh don't even get me started. My "retirement plan", a 57' Chris-craft constellation out of Port Canaveral FL looks better and better every day.


The USA has pissed away way too much.
0

#27 User is offline   scotsman 

  • <no title>
  • Group: Bronze
  • Posts: 17,108
  • Joined: 02-December 03

Posted 20 February 2019 - 04:44 PM

View PostDean Adam Smithee, on 17 February 2019 - 12:58 PM, said:

As of a year or two ago, the last alive who helped but didn't escape was Gordon King of Edmonton Canada. He operated the air pumps and would have been #146 to escape if the tunnels hadn't been discovered. I'm assuming he's still alive as it will be newsworthy when he passes and I haven't found any mention of it.

As of 2009 there were at least nine still alive who has been at Stalag III but not necessarily having anything to do with the escape. I haven't been able to find a current list.


RAF Benevolent Fund said this week, there are two Luft III survivors, one of whom was involved in the escape, but was in the tunnel when the gaff was blown, as we Brits say.
0

Share this topic:


  • 2 Pages +
  • 1
  • 2
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users