RightNation.US
News (Home) | Righters' Blog | Hollywood Halfwits | Our Store | New User Intro | Link to us | Support Us

RightNation.US: What To Send A Troop? - RightNation.US

Page 1 of 1

What To Send A Troop?

#1 User is offline   Must Be Nice 

• Group: Registered Guest

Posted 23 December 2006 - 09:46 PM

My Nephew Is Over There, What Do They Need The Most? Thankyou.

#2 User is offline   kommiefornia escapee 

• <no title>
  • View gallery
  • Group: 100+ Posts NonDonor

Posted 23 December 2006 - 10:54 PM

One of those drug store travel kits with the toothpaste, deodorant and all is good. Silly String (good for lots of other uses!) paperbacks, CDs, ball point pens, and, believe it or not, tampons or sanitary napkins. :happydance:

#3 User is offline   Kiervin 

• <no title>
  • View gallery

Posted 24 December 2006 - 07:27 AM

Hubby got back in June. His most common requests were the instant gatorade or iced tea packets you add to water, beef jerky, dried fruit, books (funny enough any kind, cause they could swap for other books at the "club"), self care items as already listed, new release movies and of course the local paper every now and then. There is a website, I think the name was Alosmart, that sells calling cards for foreign countries to call the US. I always kept a supply of the card numbers in email for him so when he had time and the line was short he would get additional calls home besides his twice monthly free one.

More so than the stuff, the letters and emails made the difference to my husband. Even if it was just "hi, I miss you" when he opened his email it reassured him we were here and thinking of him (like we didn't every minute of every day :happydance: ) We each sent at least one hand written letter via mail a week. Doesn't matter that email is faster, there is nothing like having something to hold in your hand. And not all of the troops have email like he did before and after each mission.

Your nephew will be in our prayers.

#4 User is offline   Arcanus 

• <no title>

Posted 03 April 2007 - 12:31 PM

I asked my friend what he wanted most and his reply was a digital camera. He said that so many people had them over taking shots in the middle of battles and what not, which i kinda cool but at the same time im like ..err wouldnt you rather be shooting with your rifle instead of a camera?

#5 User is offline   SFC Squirrel 

• <no title>

Posted 03 April 2007 - 01:33 PM

I hear conditions there are more civilised there now, but they might still need baby wipes.

As for wants...easy cheese or that hickory farms stuff that never goes bad....books, DVDs, little hand-held games. Even gag gifts are good...:D

#6 User is offline   quixoticconundrum 

• Moon faced assassin of joy

Posted 16 September 2007 - 11:17 AM

My wife & I recently sent my buddy a Bosch Cordless Hammer Drill, some drill bits, foodstuff, towels, cards, a nifty Smith & Wesson led flashlight, and some collectors artwork cards. I know that his cousin had sent him a Black & Decker cordless package but after having worked on a construction jobsite I felt he deserved something that wasn't associated with DeWalt.

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1

Fast Reply

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users