RightNation.US
News (Home) | Righters' Blog | Hollywood Halfwits | Our Store | New User Intro | Link to us | Support Us

RightNation.US: The Good News Thread - RightNation.US

The Good News Thread stories, pictures, music, links Rate Topic: -----

#21 User is offline   Bluish 

• <no title>
  • Group: Bronze

Posted 31 January 2005 - 04:50 PM

http://img.villagephotos.com/p/2004-12/907024/iraqitears.jpg

I posted this photo in another thread - it is so powerful that I thought I would post it here as well. Deepest gratitude to the coaltion forces who made this all possible.

Shift change in Iraq. I liked this coalition story very much. A heart felt THANK YOU to ALL participating nations and especially the TROOPS.

http://www.defenselink.mil/news/Feb2005/2005021203c_72.jpg
Army Gen. John Abizaid, right, shakes hands with members of the coalition's Multinational Division Central South Camp Echo in Diwanyiha, Iraq, Feb. 12. Abizaid, head of U.S. Central Command, visited the division to see how they were doing and to thank them for their efforts. Photo by John Valceanu

.......Abizaid thanked the Polish, Ukrainian, Romanian, Salvadoran, Bulgarian and other coalition allies who make up the division and are helping to bring peace and stability to Iraq.

"We appreciate your efforts," Abizaid said. "This is a historic time. You are helping a new government and a free people to emerge."

During an interview with Polish television station, Abizaid gave special thanks to the Polish troops, who make up the multinational division's largest number of troops.

"I appreciate the tremendous support of the Polish armed forces have provided to this mission from the very beginning," he said. "I think the people of Poland probably understand better than anybody in Europe that you have to fight for your freedom, and that we are all here fighting for the freedom of Iraqis."

The CENTCOM commander also had words of appreciation for the Marines, who fought the intense, decisive battle of Fallujah in November 2004, ridding that city of entrenched terrorists and insurgents.

"I appreciate the risks you've taken and the sacrifices you've made. You have to know that your effort is appreciated by the American people, and that it's worth it," Abizaid told a group of Marine commanders and senior staff officers.

"Your role in it has been absolutely phenomenal. Ö You guys have done a tremendous job. You have to be immensely proud of yourselves," he continued. "The Second Battle of Fallujah will go down with the great battles of the United States Marine Corps. I honor you for what you have done."

http://www.defenselink.mil/news/Feb2005/n0...2005021203.html

I've been surfing blogs tonight and ran into:

MAJOR K. Because somebody has to...

http://strengthandhonor.typepad.com/

Thank you for your service, Major K. :rolleyes:

Most excellent blog. You've got some great "Allies", too! Stay safe and please keep posting the good news!

#22 User is offline   Buster 

• 100% American and Proud

Posted 23 February 2005 - 10:41 AM

http://us.news1.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/p/rids/20050223/i/r746561996.jpg
A young student listens to her teacher at Baghdad's National Ballet School during a class February 23, 2005. The school, which lost all its equipment to looters in the aftermath of the U.S. lead invasion of Iraq almost two years ago, now has 40 young students.

#23 User is offline   The Episcopalian 

• <no title>
  • Group: Silver

Posted 23 February 2005 - 11:01 AM

Buster, on Feb 23 2005, 10:41 AM, said:

http://us.news1.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/p/rids/20050223/i/r746561996.jpg
A young student listens to her teacher at Baghdad's National Ballet School during a class February 23, 2005. The school, which lost all its equipment to looters in the aftermath of the U.S. lead invasion of Iraq almost two years ago, now has 40 young students.
<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

It would be nice to know if there is anyone raising money in the US for the National Ballet School of Iraq. I would definitely write a check, as I am all for encouraging ballet.

#24 User is offline   MADGestic 

• Trey Dae dílea
  • View blog
  • View gallery
  • Group: Diamond Community Supporter

Posted 19 July 2005 - 11:49 AM

smfitz102's photos

Iím not sure if this the appropriate thread to post this. These are the photo albums of a friend who was called away for duty. One album is the US train ride before leaving, and the other is from Iraq. Just thought I would share.

Ack... it's in the "War On Terror" forum... sorry, I'll post it there.

This post has been edited by madg: 19 July 2005 - 12:24 PM

#25 User is offline   ilja 

• Go ahead, read my mind!!!
  • View blog
  • Group: Blog Moderator

Posted 24 July 2005 - 09:50 AM

madg, on Jul 19 2005, 11:49 AM, said:

smfitz102's photos

Iím not sure if this the appropriate thread to post this.† These are the photo albums of a friend who was called away for duty.† One album is the US train ride before leaving, and the other is from Iraq.† Just thought I would share.

Ack... it's in the "War On Terror" forum... sorry, I'll post it there.
<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I would say you can post it anywhere you want! :lol:

Please tell your friend THANK YOU! :lol:

I also ran across The Command Post, Iraq Good News:

http://www.command-p...ves/019604.html

:sad:

Edit: oops... wrong URL.

Jan 8 2005, on 10:07 PM, said:

:sad:

I have something wonderful (from a fellow RN member) for everyone.

Thank you, Vulcan, for sharing this story with me and allowing me to share it with the world. I am truly honored to be your friend, and in some small way, help to show the heart and soul of our military service members. Past and present.

I'm sure you all remember during Iraqi Freedom when several of our troops were missing. I'll only explain the rest to say, that this is one of the most heart warming gestures of faith and love that I have ever seen.

First is the letter that Rob (Vulcan) sent to Ron Young's family. One of the missing service members.

What follows is what he, the Young family, and all of us really, received in return. Hope and love and faith and a true miracle.

Dear Mr. Young;

I hope this package has found the correct family. I am attempting to send this to P.O.W. Chief Warrant Officer Ronald D. Youngís wife or parents.
If this is not the family of this soldier please return it or if you know the family, please forward it to them.

To the Young Family;

My name is Rob Hollowell and I live in Springville, Al. with my wife and two sons, Josh and Aaron, ages 12 and 13. I am writing this letter with sadness in my heart, for you and for Ronald Jr. Not knowing his status other than him being a P.O.W. has got to be the heaviest burden you have ever carried. I donít know Ronald personally, but I know in my heart that I DO know ALL that I need to know about him. He was fighting for my freedom and the freedom that my sons will be able to cherish and enjoy as they grow older and live out their lives. And that is something that I will never be able to repay him for. So I have enclosed something that I cherish in my life second only to my family. And I would like you to have it until Ronald comes home, then I would like you to give it to him. It is the Distinguished Flying Cross. My father, Irwin T. (Bud) Hollowell, was a P-47 Thunderbolt pilot in the European Theater in WWII. He flew 58 missions and was lucky enough to survive the War and return to his family. I am thankful he did return or I would not be here today. My father was VERY proud of his Country and proud of his service to it. God, Country, FamilyÖTHAT was my dad. He passed away a few years ago and left me the medals he so cherished.

Over the past 10-15 days I have had this overwhelming feeling that there was/is something I was suppose to be doing. And I couldnít figure out what it was. It was very troubling to me. I prayed for God to open the eyes of my heart and let me know what it was that I was suppose to be doing. And so the last week or so I kept seeing Ronald Jr.ís name in the TV news over and over and on the internet and in the paper. His name just kept popping up in front of me constantly. Then it seemed like every night when I went to bed my attention was drawn to the frame on the bedroom wall that holds my fathersí medals for WWII service. I felt like my dad was telling me to make sure that this medal made it to you. I have this strange sense that God has appointed my father to watch over Ronald. Donít ask me why, as I have never felt anything like this in my life.

Anyway, I researched and found this address on the Internet and decided that this is what I was supposed to do. Please donít question this, as it has all been strange to me too.† All I know is that every time I look at that frame on the wall from now on and see the empty spot where Dadís DFC medal was, I will always think of CWO Ronald D. Young.

Please accept this as a token of my eternal and humble gratitude and appreciation to you and your son. I feel like my Father has been inside me telling me to give this to someone deserving like Ronald.

One other thing before I closeÖ Please know that Ronald is being prayed for every single day. He is also on the prayer list at the small church I attendÖPleasant Hill United Methodist and I know that there are many others who are praying for his safe return and the safe return of all of the P.O.W.ís and Soldiers who are fighting for us.

Thank you for listening to my ramblings.
And Thank You, Mr. Young, for Raising Such a Fine Son and American!

My deepest regards and most humble appreciation for his service for me,

Rob Hollowell

http://www.afbrat.us/images/264_ronyoung2.jpg

http://www.afbrat.us/images/400_ronyoung1.jpg

Please search the National WWII Memorial Registry for:

Irwin T. Hollowell Henderson, KY U.S. Army Air Forces

http://www.rightnation.us/forums/style_images/1/folder_post_icons/icon12.gif
<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Thank you for posting this and for this wonderful thread.

Vulcan, what can I say? That was simply beautiful and a great testament of your faith. You have set a wonderful example that those of us who like to talk to talk need to follow and walk the walk. You must have had a wonderful father.

:lol:

This post has been edited by AFbrat: 24 July 2005 - 11:14 AM

#26 User is offline   USNJIMRET 

• Rule 1:The Chief is right Rule 2:If in doubt, check Rule 1
  • View blog
  • View gallery
  • Group: Platinum Community Supporter

Posted 27 August 2005 - 09:08 PM

Wow!! Nothing more I can say. Well Done Vulcan, well done indeed.

#27 User is offline   Dominatrix 

• <no title>
  • Group: Community-Supported

Posted 15 January 2006 - 03:54 PM

Skizz1979, on Jan 6 2005, 09:45 PM, said:

I'll give ya "conservative values", turd sniffer!  :comfort:
Believe me.. I'd say a HELL of a lot more if I didn't want to get warned, but lemme explain something to you...  Not all conservative thinking people are your stereotypical white shoed, country club Republicans.. and not all of us are big ol' Southerners with pickup trucks blasting Toby Keith. If you saw me on the streets, with my long hair (yes people.. growing it out again), tattoos, piercings, and all that.. you'd think I was a big ass lib, but I am VERY conservative (and I love using my appearance to my advantage too) but don't necessarily follow the Robertson/Falwell line. But then, I am speaking to a close-minded leftist troglodyte here, so..... screw it.
Edited to add: Could a moderator please split this thread? I don't necessarily think that this thread stayed on topic here, and CERTIAN PEOPLE are trying to throw it off topic with their whining like a little girl with a skinned knee.
View Post

I second that.... With an obvious, not so common, occupation for a conservative - Liberal (Aus) :hug:

#28 User is offline   Riothouse 

• This Space for Rent -- Cheap
  • Group: 100+ Posts NonDonor

Posted 20 March 2006 - 09:45 AM

I hope this is still the place to post good news!

My oldest son, Mike, joined the Army in January. We get to see him this coming weekend for family day, and then he graduates in May. He has passed all of his rifle marksmanship training, and is doing really well. He just earned his helmet cover, and he just was fitted for his uniform. I can't believe how much he looks like a soldier and a proud man.

He has always dreamed of going into the military and spent 3 of his high school years in the JROTC. Anyway, I am so proud of him and all that he is doing. He is a great young man who loves his Country! Go Charlie Rock (his company!) :wave:

#29 User is offline   Riothouse 

• This Space for Rent -- Cheap

Posted 27 March 2006 - 04:03 PM

Thank you! We just got back from seeing him this weekend, and it was wonderful. He really is very happy and loves military life. Of course he would not want to stay in BCT or infantry training his whole life, but he is looking forward to his career time nonetheless.

I am so impressed with that awesome job the Army is doing to prepare him for possible combat. No one likes to even entertain the idea of their son going to war, but in this day and age it is a strong possibilty. I feel more confident that he is prepared, and so are the other men that would be around him if that were the case. Go Army!

#30 User is offline   Vulcan 

• P-47 Thunderbolt

Posted 27 July 2006 - 10:36 AM

My step-son Josh will graduate from Basic Training at Ft. Knox on August 10, 2006. I received this picture of him in the mail yesterday (7/26/06). His MOS is 19 Delta, Infantry Scout. Hard for me to believe he is still only 17. I am sooo very proud of him.

#31 User is offline   Wag-a-Muffin (D) 

• Still clinging bitterly. . .
  • View blog

Posted 27 July 2006 - 07:55 PM

View PostVulcan, on Jul 27 2006, 08:36 AM, said:

My step-son Josh will graduate from Basic Training at Ft. Knox on August 10, 2006. I received this picture of him in the mail yesterday (7/26/06). His MOS is 19 Delta, Infantry Scout. Hard for me to believe he is still only 17. I am sooo very proud of him.

Congratulations! (I have never seen this thread before. I just read your experience with Ronald Young's family and your father's medal. Made me cry. )
Thank you. God bless you, your family, and especially your son.

#32 User is offline   Vulcan 

• P-47 Thunderbolt

Posted 27 July 2006 - 10:00 PM

View Postmollywalk, on Jul 27 2006, 07:55 PM, said:

Congratulations! (I have never seen this thread before. I just read your experience with Ronald Young's family and your father's medal. Made me cry. )
Thank you. God bless you, your family, and especially your son.

Thank you Mollywalk. Your words are very kind. I will be sure to pass on your thoughts to Josh when I see him at graduation.

#33 User is offline   Vulcan 

• P-47 Thunderbolt

Posted 14 August 2006 - 07:40 PM

I am the proud father of a US Army soldier!! He will be a 19 Delta, Infantry Scout.

Josh graduated on August 10, 2006...A few pictures of his graduation ceremony are here.

#34 User is offline   ilja 

• View blog

Posted 14 August 2006 - 07:47 PM

View PostVulcan, on Aug 14 2006, 07:40 PM, said:

I am the proud father of a US Army soldier!! He will be a 19 Delta, Infantry Scout.

Josh graduated on August 10, 2006...A few pictures of his graduation ceremony are here.

That is wonderful Vulcan! Congratulations. I know you must be awfully proud. You done good. :tongue2:

BTW, why wasn't there a pic of him with his dad?

#35 User is offline   Vulcan 

• P-47 Thunderbolt

Posted 14 August 2006 - 07:59 PM

View Postilja, on Aug 14 2006, 07:47 PM, said:

That is wonderful Vulcan! Congratulations. I know you must be awfully proud. You done good. :tongue2:

BTW, why wasn't there a pic of him with his dad?

Thanks Ilja. There quite a few of him and I that I will probably upload soon.

#36 User is offline   ilja 

• View blog

Posted 10 November 2006 - 09:40 PM

View PostVulcan, on Aug 14 2006, 06:59 PM, said:

Thanks Ilja. There quite a few of him and I that I will probably upload soon.

:giggle: What's your definition of soon? B)

#37 User is offline   Carrie Elizabeth 

• Hope arises, D. Gerhartz

Posted 03 February 2007 - 12:43 AM

View PostVulcan, on Jul 27 2006, 07:36 AM, said:

Vulcan,

Just discovered this thread. What a handsome young man your son is. I know you must be so proud of him. Sending one Army mom (combat medic) HOOAH to one Army dad.

Oh, I'll take all the good news I can get ...!

:cry:

#38 User is offline   Nicky-B 

• Group: Registered Guest

Posted 23 February 2009 - 04:57 PM

God bless our military. We owe a lot to those fighting to keep us safe. I posted a lot of cool military pics here: http://www.notoriouslyconservative.com/200...and-others.html

#39 User is offline   SFC Squirrel 

• <no title>

Posted 23 February 2009 - 05:01 PM

Thanks for bumping this thread- I had no idea it existed! I'll be sure to post anything that comes down the pike here.

#40 User is offline   Alex_C 

• <no title>
  • Group: Community-Supported

Posted 25 June 2011 - 10:35 AM

Thank you for sharing some of these inspirational stories!

Share this topic:

• 3 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users