RightNation.US
News (Home) | Righters' Blog | Hollywood Halfwits | Our Store | New User Intro | Link to us | Support Us

RightNation.US: Consideration Being Given To Officially Recognize Crying Babies In The - RightNation.US

Consideration Being Given To Officially Recognize Crying Babies In The Senate Chamber Rate Topic: -----

#41 User is offline   Ticked@TinselTown 

• Unimpressed with Celebutards since Always
  • View blog
  • Group: Platinum Community Supporter

Posted 19 April 2018 - 06:27 AM

View Postcobalt-blue, on 19 April 2018 - 06:24 AM, said:

But don't you understand?! Think of the wahmans!!! How dare you oppress them with your white male privilege?! You racist, homophobic, sexists, Nazi, you! (Think I got the tone right there.)

Except that I'm a woman saying she needs to get her new mother shidt together and stop using her child as a tool to advance her political legacy, so I suppose it would be my white privilege that makes me so mean as to suggest she act like a grown woman and deal with motherhood instead of insisting others deal with it.

#42 User is offline   Dutch13 

• <no title>
  • Group: Platinum Community Supporter

Posted 19 April 2018 - 02:11 PM

View PostLadybird, on 18 April 2018 - 10:55 AM, said:

She has a newborn, one that is most likely being breastfed. The rule she us proposing are for the purposes of caring for a newborn and voting.

So get a wet nurse.

#43 User is offline   Magic Rat 

• <no title>
  • Group: Bronze

Posted 19 April 2018 - 02:38 PM

View PostLadybird, on 18 April 2018 - 08:45 PM, said:

The rules will apply for any Senator that wants to participate in voting on legislation, while actively feeding and caring for a newborn.

I know you are not this thick. As a father, I clearly remember my wife putting daughter down from time to time, even when she was a newborn. You know this too. This is simply grandstanding. She is using her baby as nothing but a political prop. No different than any other lefty using her <censored> trophy when it is convenient. She sure has my personal nomination for Mother Of The Year.

#44 User is online   oki 

• <no title>
  • Group: +Bronze Community Supporter

Posted 19 April 2018 - 02:45 PM

I can't help but wonder the following:

Soooo.... what did she due when there was a vote and she was due any day know?
She didn't seem to have issue with missing votes while she was in labor or the hospital.

She didn't seem to learn a damn thing from her active duty time in the Army about how moms balance things.

Just a few thoughts.

Oki

#45 User is offline   Ladybird 

• <no title>
  • Group: +Copper Community Supporter

Posted 19 April 2018 - 02:56 PM

View PostMagic Rat, on 19 April 2018 - 02:38 PM, said:

I know you are not this thick. As a father, I clearly remember my wife putting daughter down from time to time, even when she was a newborn. You know this too. This is simply grandstanding. She is using her baby as nothing but a political prop. No different than any other lefty using her <censored> trophy when it is convenient. She sure has my personal nomination for Mother Of The Year.

Did your wife put your child down and leave the room? The old rule prohibited children from entering the chamber and senators are cannot leave them with staff. The new rule, which was unanimously approved now says children under 1 can be brought in. The world did not collapse and cats and dogs live happily together.

This post has been edited by Ladybird: 19 April 2018 - 02:57 PM

#46 User is offline   Ladybird 

• <no title>

Posted 19 April 2018 - 02:59 PM

View Postoki, on 19 April 2018 - 02:45 PM, said:

I can't help but wonder the following:

Soooo.... what did she due when there was a vote and she was due any day know?
She didn't seem to have issue with missing votes while she was in labor or the hospital.

She didn't seem to learn a damn thing from her active duty time in the Army about how moms balance things.

Just a few thoughts.

Oki

She took a medical leave, I would assume. What does that have to do with caring for a newborn? Is making thing a little easier for a new mom really this threatening?
She served this country honorably and is not active duty anymore.

This post has been edited by Ladybird: 19 April 2018 - 03:00 PM

#47 User is offline   Magic Rat 

• <no title>

Posted 19 April 2018 - 03:06 PM

View PostLadybird, on 19 April 2018 - 02:56 PM, said:

Did your wife put your child down and leave the room? The old rule prohibited children from entering the chamber and senators are cannot leave them with staff. The new rule, which was unanimously approved now says children under 1 can be brought in. The world did not collapse and cats and dogs live happily together.

Sure she did. Every mother does.

I don't care about the rule, except it was all for a grandstanding bitch who is using her child to score political points.

She's a strong woman, who can do everything a man can do, as long as she receives special accomidations. So I should stop picking on her. She is a victim, after all. A strong victim though.

#48 User is online   oki 

• <no title>
  • Group: +Bronze Community Supporter

Posted 19 April 2018 - 03:13 PM

View PostLadybird, on 19 April 2018 - 02:59 PM, said:

She took a medical leave, I would assume. What does that have to do with caring for a newborn? Is making thing a little easier for a new mom really this threatening?
She served this country honorably and is not active duty anymore.

Obviously she didn't seem to learn how numerous Military Mom's do it day after day. What she is asking for and her entire attitude as well as remarks have been ridiculous. Like I said, Congress was never meant to be a career. That means you put your life on hold for a bit while you serve or try to adjust things around it. Not the other way around. How many office environments let you bring your kids to work on a daily basis so you can care for them?

Oki

#49 User is online   zurg 

• <no title>

Posted 19 April 2018 - 03:14 PM

I don't have a problem with giving her permission to do this for voting times.

However, it's obviously opportunistic grandstanding. If she'd been given that permission pretty quietly, she'd accepted it graciously, and no headlines were written, it would be a non-issue. She's being an obnoxious selfish politically driven bitch.

#50 User is offline   MontyPython 

• Pull My Finger.....
  • View gallery
  • Group: Gold

Posted 19 April 2018 - 03:22 PM

View PostMagic Rat, on 19 April 2018 - 03:06 PM, said:

She's a strong woman, who can do everything a man can do, as long as she receives special accomidations.

Exactly.

"Equality! I can do anything a man can do! Except when I can't!"

:rolleyes:

#51 User is online   Noclevermoniker 

• Wire Dachsies Matter
  • Group: +Silver Community Supporter

Posted 19 April 2018 - 03:33 PM

View PostLadybird, on 19 April 2018 - 02:56 PM, said:

Really? You're that fixated on this? fivef**kingminutes.

#52 User is online   Noclevermoniker 

• Wire Dachsies Matter
  • Group: +Silver Community Supporter

Posted 19 April 2018 - 03:34 PM

View Postzurg, on 19 April 2018 - 03:14 PM, said:

I don't have a problem with giving her permission to do this for voting times.

However, it's obviously opportunistic grandstanding. If she'd been given that permission pretty quietly, she'd accepted it graciously, and no headlines were written, it would be a non-issue. She's being an obnoxious selfish politically driven bitch.

Except it wouldn't stop there. In typical leftist fashion, there'd be wailing and gnashing until the kid was in the chambers full time.

#53 User is offline   cobalt-blue 

• Member of the RN Curmudgeon's Brotherhood. Get off my lawn
  • View gallery

Posted 19 April 2018 - 05:56 PM

View PostTicked@TinselTown, on 19 April 2018 - 06:27 AM, said:

Except that I'm a woman saying she needs to get her new mother shidt together and stop using her child as a tool to advance her political legacy, so I suppose it would be my white privilege that makes me so mean as to suggest she act like a grown woman and deal with motherhood instead of insisting others deal with it.

You've just internalized the misogyny of the patriarchy! *grin*

#54 User is offline   Ladybird 

• <no title>

Posted 19 April 2018 - 06:21 PM

View PostNoclevermoniker, on 19 April 2018 - 03:33 PM, said:

Really? You're that fixated on this? fivef**kingminutes.

I find it interesting that people are upset over a Senator wanting to do her job while caring for her child. Itís just an infant being carried while on the floor of the senate chamber. One tiny change is really this upsetting?

#55 User is offline   Magic Rat 

• <no title>

Posted 19 April 2018 - 06:25 PM

View PostLadybird, on 19 April 2018 - 06:21 PM, said:

I find it interesting that people are upset over a Senator wanting to do her job while caring for her child. Itís just an infant being carried while on the floor of the senate chamber. One tiny change is really this upsetting?

I find it interestig that you continue to build this straw man when it has been explained enough times to you.

#56 User is offline   Ladybird 

• <no title>

Posted 19 April 2018 - 06:39 PM

View PostMagic Rat, on 19 April 2018 - 06:25 PM, said:

I find it interestig that you continue to build this straw man when it has been explained enough times to you.

What, that she shouldn't ask for this rule change because other women have managed without help and that's the way it's always been. Are you in her position? How do you know it would be just as easy if she handed her child off to someone else? Times change and it was time for this rule to change.

#57 User is offline   Magic Rat 

• <no title>

Posted 19 April 2018 - 06:49 PM

View PostLadybird, on 19 April 2018 - 06:39 PM, said:

What, that she shouldn't ask for this rule change because other women have managed without help and that's the way it's always been. Are you in her position? How do you know it would be just as easy if she handed her child off to someone else? Times change and it was time for this rule to change.

She was not asking for 'help'. She was demanding the rules change for political reasons. 'Help' was available and she <censored> on it in exchange for political posturing.

The rule is changed and I don't care. Using her child to politically grandstand is nice glimpse into her selfish character though, isn't it?

#58 User is offline   gravelrash 

• I wish they all were punk rock girls

Posted 19 April 2018 - 06:58 PM

It takes a village, a 24/7 news cycle and incessant media presence, Hillary? Clinton and James Comey book tours, Susan Rice at Netflix, a Mueller investigation, a couple of shoe-leather skanks, and a Zuckerberg testimony to raise a narrative of maternity as heroism.

Welcome to the world, Poppy Ganda.

#59 User is offline   Ladybird 

• <no title>

Posted 19 April 2018 - 07:00 PM

View PostMagic Rat, on 19 April 2018 - 06:49 PM, said:

She was not asking for 'help'. She was demanding the rules change for political reasons. 'Help' was available and she <censored> on it in exchange for political posturing.

The rule is changed and I don't care. Using her child to politically grandstand is nice glimpse into her selfish character though, isn't it?

She demanded? She proposed a rule change and it was voted on, just like any other proposal.
https://slate.com/ne...floor-vote.html

" Duckworth submitted the resolution, which would allow senators to bring children younger than 1 year old onto the floor during votes. During her pregnancy, Duckworth said she was concerned that some of the Senate rules would prevent her from being able to vote while breastfeeding her baby. She could not hand the baby off to someone on her staff, and the Senate does not allow voting by proxy. Senators are often on the floor for a long time for votes. Budget or health care bill vote-a-ramas, for example, can go on for many hours. "

The change is small, it's time has come.

#60 User is offline   Ladybird 

• <no title>

Posted 19 April 2018 - 07:03 PM

View PostDutch13, on 19 April 2018 - 02:11 PM, said:

So get a wet nurse.

Why, when there is a simpler and cheaper solution?

And ew.

Share this topic:

• 4 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users