RightNation.US
News (Home) | Righters' Blog | Hollywood Halfwits | Our Store | New User Intro | Link to us | Support Us

RightNation.US: 35 States Tell the FCC to Get Off Its Ass and Do Something About Spoof - RightNation.US

35 States Tell the FCC to Get Off Its Ass and Do Something About Spoof Rate Topic: -----

#21 User is offline   Censport 

• @CensportRacing
  • Group: +Bronze Community Supporter

Posted 10 October 2018 - 10:17 PM

My parents dropped their land line because the only calls they were getting were robocalls, several a day. Now they don't answer their flip-phones unless the number is in their call list. I've been using the Mr. Number app on my smart phone, and it worked great until the hacks started using spoofed numbers. Only answered a couple of those before I realized what was going on. So now I don't answer numbers I don't recognize, even if there is a name attached.

Yesterday, All Nippon Airways called to notify me of a change in my upcoming flight. I didn't answer because only the number appeared on my screen and no ID. Fortunately, the very nice agent left me a very polite and detailed message... to duplicate what was in the email that was sent at the same time. Those ANA folks are so nice, thorough, and professional. It's such a shame they don't do domestic flights in the U.S.

#22 User is offline   Moderator T 

• <no title>
  • View gallery
  • Group: Moderator

Posted 10 October 2018 - 10:30 PM

I get them all the time from some home security company. When I do wait and talk to their staff they immediately hang up on me when I mention the do not call registry or to take me off their list. Every call is my area code and exchange code.

Share this topic:

• 2 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users