RightNation.US
News (Home) | Righters' Blog | Hollywood Halfwits | Our Store | New User Intro | Link to us | Support Us

RightNation.US: Phrases used to describe unrepentant churchgoers - RightNation.US

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Phrases used to describe unrepentant churchgoers Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   Diamond369 

• <no title>
  • Group: Bronze

Posted 01 December 2016 - 06:05 PM

Is the phrase "busting (H) wide open" a Baptist saying? It means that become of unrepentant, they will be severely punished for their misdeeds, to put it mildly. It may go beyond that. Unrepentant people who do terrible things like start fights, disrespect their parents, hurt children, or desecrating or starting or making trouble within church grounds would be examples. It is a cultural statement just like the sentence, "The biggest devils go to church." That refers to professing Christians who are unrepentant and continue to be unrepentant and hypocritical. I believe that that is a statement that many in the Black American community make about unrepentant sinners. Anyways, are these also just Baptist sayings? Say if there was violence or people singing secular songs with curse words and name calling or dancing provocatively, what were to happen to the people in those churches, that is if Jesus were to come back before the Tribulation? My point is the church is like a hospital. Jesus came to save sinners. Anyways, we all need to be healed but those who are unrepentant seem to not care about being unrepentant. Some are even prideful and arrogant. I believe that the Lord forgives ALL who repent. My other question is, will all unrepentant sinners be judged the same way and go to the same "place" or will unbelievers be judged and that there are different levels of (H) according to their works. Does God REALLY views some sins worse than others? Will God REALLY judge some of the unrepentant differently than others and where in the Bible will I find this?

#2 User is offline   Wag-a-Muffin (D) 

• Still clinging bitterly. . .
  • View blog
  • Group: Blog Moderator

Posted 04 December 2016 - 01:41 PM

I am holding on to the doctrine that if you don't judge unrighteously you will be judged less harshly at the final judgement. Matthew 18:21 - 35

I wrote about this a while back My take

I believe and am counting on being judged less harshly, because I sincerely try to not judge others, to give them benefit of doubt, to "cut them some slack."

I don't do this because I'm so awesome, but because I know how bad I've been. I know the mistakes I've WILLFULLY made in the past. And I am hoping, that since I have repented of them, and that I forgive others, like the Lord has asked, that He will be more merciful to me, than those who are not self aware--who are harder on others' sins than they are on their own.

#3 User is offline   rogerg 

• <no title>
  • Group: +Gold Community Supporter

Posted 06 December 2016 - 11:55 AM

View PostDiamond369, on 01 December 2016 - 06:05 PM, said:

Is the phrase "busting (H) wide open" a Baptist saying? It means that become of unrepentant, they will be severely punished for their misdeeds, to put it mildly. It may go beyond that. Unrepentant people who do terrible things like start fights, disrespect their parents, hurt children, or desecrating or starting or making trouble within church grounds would be examples. It is a cultural statement just like the sentence, "The biggest devils go to church." That refers to professing Christians who are unrepentant and continue to be unrepentant and hypocritical. I believe that that is a statement that many in the Black American community make about unrepentant sinners. Anyways, are these also just Baptist sayings? Say if there was violence or people singing secular songs with curse words and name calling or dancing provocatively, what were to happen to the people in those churches, that is if Jesus were to come back before the Tribulation? My point is the church is like a hospital. Jesus came to save sinners. Anyways, we all need to be healed but those who are unrepentant seem to not care about being unrepentant. Some are even prideful and arrogant. I believe that the Lord forgives ALL who repent. My other question is, will all unrepentant sinners be judged the same way and go to the same "place" or will unbelievers be judged and that there are different levels of (H) according to their works. Does God REALLY views some sins worse than others? Will God REALLY judge some of the unrepentant differently than others and where in the Bible will I find this?

If someone truly from the heart repents according to the biblical doctrine of repentance (and not some kind of self-defined repentance), it is be because God has first chosen to be gracious and to forgive them their sin, and not the reverse. Please observe:

Romans 2:4
Or despisest thou the riches of his goodness and forbearance and longsuffering; not knowing that the goodness of God leadeth thee to repentance?

Not all are given the blessing of repentance by God. Repentance in its ultimate form is to come to a deep and abiding faith in Jesus Christ (alone) as Lord and Savior. For those to whom this has been given, ALL sin have been forgiven; for those to whom this has not given, they are/will be in violation of God's most profound and important law. I'll leave it to your imagination as to what that will mean.

To summarize, the forgiveness of sin is thru Christ ALONE -- we can contribute NOTHING to it. No one is any better (spiritually speaking), than anyone else no matter how we may perceive the seriousness of their or our sin. In God's eyes we have all fallen far short of His requirement

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users