RightNation.US
News (Home) | Righters' Blog | Hollywood Halfwits | Our Store | New User Intro | Link to us | Support Us

RightNation.US: Let's Destroy Boeing - RightNation.US

Let's Destroy Boeing No Coincidence Rate Topic: -----

#21 User is offline   Ladybird 

• <no title>
  • Group: +Copper Community Supporter

Posted 13 March 2019 - 02:52 PM

Grounded.

#22 User is offline   Dean Adam Smithee 

• School of the Cold Hard Facts
  • View gallery
  • Group: Platinum Community Supporter

Posted 13 March 2019 - 06:10 PM

View PostTea Party Hooligan, on 13 March 2019 - 07:16 AM, said:

Don't forget maintenance. That's why American based airlines are still flying theirs; they have highly trained pilots and the FAA knows the skill level. The co-pilot of the Ethiopian aircraft had 250 hours of flight time. Not 250 hours of flight time in type, but 250 hours of total flight time. He wouldn't have been qualified to sniff the co-pilot's seat in the US.

I disagree... but only up to a point.

There's obviously SOMETHING wrong, because even well-trained US pilots have complained. (see my prior post)

YES, the US pilots who complained lived to tell about it. THAT goes to training and experience.

Still, though, the problem shouldn't be there in the first place.

A good friend (Now Ret.) was a pilot for United Airlines. He once told me that 99+ percent of his job was merely being a taxi driver. Follow procedures, follow checklists, follow instructions from ATC, get from point A to point B. Ho hum... but then there's about 10 minutes of every year wherein he earns his full salary for that year.

Exhibit 'A' would be Captain "Sully" Sullenburger. His whole thing, start to finish, was probably LESS than ten minutes.

This Hurts us. Really Hurts us, competitively speaking. Boeing screwed the pooch on this one.

FOR THE RECORD, McDonnell-Douglas fan here, and I've got the jacket to prove it. DC-9s are the shizzle, as are Navy C9A Nightingales. I've been upside down in one during the same storm that killed a dakota gov. yeah, it was a scary moment, but here I am to tell about it.

BOEING needs to step up to the plate. Stat. Poste-haste. And not with mere platitudes but something tangible.

Donald Douglas (PBUH/INRI) is probably rolling over in his grave.

http://oi63.tinypic.com/2n0sigw.jpg

#23 User is offline   gravelrash 

• I wish they all were punk rock girls
  • Group: +Copper Community Supporter

Posted 14 March 2019 - 03:03 PM

Maybe someone should sue Trump under the "Right to Die" in order to get those jets flying again? :razz:

Share this topic:

• 2 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users