RightNation.US
News (Home) | Righters' Blog | Hollywood Halfwits | Our Store | New User Intro | Link to us | Support Us

RightNation.US: Hezbollah Terrorist Scouted NYC-Area Locations: Feds - RightNation.US

Jump to content

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Hezbollah Terrorist Scouted NYC-Area Locations: Feds Saab joined Hezbollah in 1996 Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   Liz 

  • ***-----------***
  • Group: Moderator
  • Posts: 51,566
  • Joined: 28-February 03

  Posted 20 September 2019 - 02:01 AM

Hezbollah Terrorist Scouted NYC-Area Locations: Feds

New York Post
By Ben Cohn, Emily Saul, Larry Celona and Laura Italiano
September 19, 2019 | 3:54pm | Updated

Excerpt:

A New Jersey man has spent the past 22 years training with and scouting terror-attack locations for Hezbollah — and provided the group with intelligence on the Port Authority, Grand Central Terminal, the New York Stock Exchange and the city’s two airports, according to a new federal indictment against him.

Alexei Saab, 42, of Morristown — also known as Ali Hassan Saab, Alex Saab, or “Rachid” — was charged Thursday in a nine-count indictment for allegedly providing material support to the deadly organization.

Saab was arrested in July, and remains in federal custody, officials said.

As far back as in 2003, he gave Hezbollah photos and other detailed intel on New York City landmarks and transportation hubs.

Saab surveilled dozens of locations in New York City—including the United Nations headquarters, the Statue of Liberty, Rockefeller Center, Times Square, the Empire State Building, the federal offices at 26 Federal Plaza, and local airports, tunnels, and bridges, including the George Washington Bridge.

The detailed information recovered from his computers included photographs and details on the structural weaknesses — or “soft spots” — of these locations, officials alleged.

He has also surveilled sites in cities around the US — including the Washington Monument and Boston’s Fenway Park, The Post has learned.

The charges do not allege that Saab conducted any recent surveillance.

*snip*

n 2005, Saab attempted to murder a suspected Israeli spy, pointing a firearm at close range and twice pulling the trigger, only to have the gun malfunction both times, officials said.

In 2004 and 2005, Saab attended explosives training in Lebanon during which he received detailed instruction in, among other things, triggering mechanisms, explosive substances, detonators and the assembly of circuits, the indictment alleges.

In 2000, Saab lawfully entered the United States using a Lebanese passport, and he became a naturalized US citizen in 2008, the indictment alleges.

His former neighbors in Jersey City were stunned by the news.

“He was a nice guy, but quiet, private,” said a neighbor who lives across from Saab’s former rental apartment on the top floor of a two-story house. She asked not to be identified by name.

“He said hi to me and my baby.”

Full Story
0

#2 User is offline   Taggart Transcontinental 

  • <no title>
  • View gallery
  • Group: +Gold Community Supporter
  • Posts: 27,456
  • Joined: 22-October 03

Posted 20 September 2019 - 07:20 AM

Nice guy planning to murder your kids. Yah that sort of nice.
0

#3 User is online   Dean Adam Smithee 

  • School of the Cold Hard Facts
  • View gallery
  • Group: Platinum Community Supporter
  • Posts: 21,518
  • Joined: 11-December 04

Posted 20 September 2019 - 07:40 AM

View PostLiz, on 20 September 2019 - 02:01 AM, said:

In 2005, Saab attempted to murder a suspected Israeli spy, pointing a firearm at close range and twice pulling the trigger, only to have the gun malfunction both times, officials said.

In 2004 and 2005, Saab attended explosives training in Lebanon during which he received detailed instruction in, among other things, triggering mechanisms, explosive substances, detonators and the assembly of circuits, the indictment alleges.

In 2000, Saab lawfully entered the United States using a Lebanese passport, and he became a naturalized US citizen in 2008, the indictment alleges.


I'd like to think that they deliberately let this go on since way back then because they were tracking him and mapping out the whole spiderweb of people he was dealing with and who they in turn were dealing with.

But I'm just not sure that our federal Three Letter Agencies are that competent.
0

#4 User is offline   gravelrash 

  • I wish they all were punk rock girls
  • Group: +Copper Community Supporter
  • Posts: 15,618
  • Joined: 24-June 03

Posted 20 September 2019 - 06:11 PM

View PostDean Adam Smithee, on 20 September 2019 - 07:40 AM, said:

I'd like to think that they deliberately let this go on since way back then because they were tracking him and mapping out the whole spiderweb of people he was dealing with and who they in turn were dealing with.

But I'm just not sure that our federal Three Letter Agencies are that competent.


Agree. Two groups that need burned to the ground and probably salted rather than rebuilt: the FBI and public schools.
0

#5 User is online   Dean Adam Smithee 

  • School of the Cold Hard Facts
  • View gallery
  • Group: Platinum Community Supporter
  • Posts: 21,518
  • Joined: 11-December 04

Posted 21 September 2019 - 08:02 PM

View Postgravelrash, on 20 September 2019 - 06:11 PM, said:

Agree. Two groups that need burned to the ground and probably salted rather than rebuilt: the FBI and public schools.


As a DoE contractor with a focus on "Critical Infrastructure" security, I'm sitting on my hands and stuffing a rag in my mouth so as not to yell out or type any personal or professional opinions that might or might not agree with you.

mmmph... rghmm... aargh... Oops, I've already said too much.
0

Share this topic:


Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users