RightNation.US
News (Home) | Righters' Blog | Hollywood Halfwits | Our Store | New User Intro | Link to us | Support Us

RightNation.US: How Do You Feel About Death - RightNation.US

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

How Do You Feel About Death Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   ilja 

• Go ahead, read my mind!!!
  • View blog
  • Group: Blog Moderator

Posted 10 March 2019 - 11:00 PM

I was just talking about Death in the Alex Trebek Thread & it hit me that I am no longer scared about Death & I thought that was rather strange. I thought that was probably not true all the time.

I thought if I thought there are probably moments when I would be scared such as last night when I was taking a bath and my phone went off with a warning sound but I couldn't get to it to find out what the sound meant but being here in TN suspected that it could be a Tornado warning, I was a wee bit scared, it could be my final moments here on Earth. Then, yes I was scared I was going to die.

Then there was the moment in the car today when my warning sounds came on to brake because I was coming up to a lot of slow traffic and I have this new fangled system on my new car that I'm not used to so I hurried up and switched lanes to keep from running into the cars in front of me, so I quit breathing so heavily & I didn't die, once again I was relieved but I wasn't really scared that time, still I was glad I didn't die.

But see what I mean. I don't want to die.

So how do you feel about death. Are you ready? What do you think about it? Do you think about it? Do you know where you are going when you die? How confident are you?

#2 User is offline   MontyPython 

• Pull My Finger.....
  • View gallery
  • Group: Gold

Posted 10 March 2019 - 11:29 PM

Me, I'm ready. Naturally I'd rather not die. I love my sweetie, I love my grandson, and I'd like to keep on living for a while in order to keep enjoying their company. But I'm satisfied that I've lived a good, honest, worthwhile life. I'm going to Heaven. No fear here.

And as for fulfillment/excitement/whatever, I've lived a life like very few have been lucky enough to live. I've been a lead singer in a popular rock-n-roll band, I've been an officer in a notorious outlaw motorcycle club, I've had more parties, good times, sex, drunks, etc than any other ten guys I've ever met. I wouldn't be one of those guys lying in their death-bed thinking "Damn, I wish I would've..." Nope, not me. Everything I ever wanted to do, I've done.

:yes:

#3 User is offline   Moderator T 

• <no title>
  • View gallery
  • Group: Moderator

Posted 11 March 2019 - 07:05 AM

View Postilja, on 10 March 2019 - 11:00 PM, said:

I was just talking about Death in the Alex Trebek Thread & it hit me that I am no longer scared about Death & I thought that was rather strange. I thought that was probably not true all the time.

I thought if I thought there are probably moments when I would be scared such as last night when I was taking a bath and my phone went off with a warning sound but I couldn't get to it to find out what the sound meant but being here in TN suspected that it could be a Tornado warning, I was a wee bit scared, it could be my final moments here on Earth. Then, yes I was scared I was going to die.

Then there was the moment in the car today when my warning sounds came on to brake because I was coming up to a lot of slow traffic and I have this new fangled system on my new car that I'm not used to so I hurried up and switched lanes to keep from running into the cars in front of me, so I quit breathing so heavily & I didn't die, once again I was relieved but I wasn't really scared that time, still I was glad I didn't die.

So how do you feel about death. Are you ready? What do you think about it? Do you think about it? Do you know where you are going when you die? How confident are you?

I think of it sometimes and I'm not nearly as ready in practical terms (will, other paperwork, etc) as I should be. As for where I'll end up, I do my best, the rest isn't up to me.

As an aside, is that your user name or a subreddit you follow there in your signature?

#4 User is offline   rogerg 

• <no title>
  • Group: +Gold Community Supporter

Posted 13 March 2019 - 08:37 AM

[Heb 9:27 KJV] 27 And as it is appointed unto men once to die, but after this the judgment:

#5 User is offline   rogerg 

• <no title>
  • Group: +Gold Community Supporter

Posted 13 March 2019 - 08:52 AM

[Heb 9:27 KJV] 27 And as it is appointed unto men once to die, but after this the judgment:

#6 User is offline   ilja 

• Go ahead, read my mind!!!
  • View blog
  • Group: Blog Moderator

Posted 14 March 2019 - 05:50 AM

View PostModerator T, on 11 March 2019 - 07:05 AM, said:

I think of it sometimes and I'm not nearly as ready in practical terms (will, other paperwork, etc) as I should be. As for where I'll end up, I do my best, the rest isn't up to me.

As an aside, is that your user name or a subreddit you follow there in your signature?

Nah, that's just a post I saw that I liked.

Yeah, I need to get more ready to be honest. I was feeling all ready when I wrote that post but as I wrote this one, I started realizing I'm not nearly as ready as I thought I was.

I had surgery about 3 years ago and wrote this spreadsheet on my computer for my son in case he needed something to figure out my finances & haven't updated it since then. I've sold a house & made a lot of financial changes since then. I need to get busy. Life does change fast doesn't it. :)

This post has been edited by ilja: 14 March 2019 - 05:52 AM

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users