RightNation.US
News (Home) | Righters' Blog | Hollywood Halfwits | Our Store | New User Intro | Link to us | Support Us

RightNation.US: Product Review: One of the Best Inventions of the 20th Century - RightNation.US

-----
Product Review: One of the Best Inventions of the 20th Century

That’s right… even better than sliced bread because… well… you could probably slice bread with it!

Ready? Here it is (or at least an example):

Mini -Scraper

Clothing the naked razor blade, this simple design encompasses utility, safety, economy, and convenience. A hidden plastic tab corresponds to the center hole on the common one-edged razor blade, thereby keeping it from sliding to one side or another, whether in “utility” or “safety” mode.

Tiny, lightweight, and ergonomic, a razor’s edge is readily available for detailed tasks… (such as scraping price stickers off of merchandize)… yet by merely flipping the blade to “edge-in” and locking it, one can literally just toss this tool into a drawer, pocket, or glove compartment… with nary a worry of slicing one’s fingertips at a later time.

The beauty of the design of this tiny asset is worthy of display in a museum of modern art… yet its retail cost is still the same as it was when it was first introduced several years ago:

One dollar each… including the fresh blade.

Considering our eons-long history of sharpening sticks and stones… surely this is a penultimate expression of human design and engineering.

:cloud9:

3 Comments On This Entry

But, it shows a unit price of $.52 per with a huge caveat at the bottom. They've got a minimum purchase of $25 dollars for any order. That's like 45 or so of these things you gotta buy just to get one of them. I just went to the local paint store and bought a window paint scraper that does almost the same thing for $.85. :shrug: Them guy s at the linked site must not be looking for the general public to be buying their goods. From the minimum purchase amount, it looks like they probably cater to the contractor.

It looks like a nifty little gadget though.
I actually do not buy these. Not many prices to scrape off of dog food, cat food and litter. :shrug: If I ever get rich enough to buy something with a price tag on it I will look into them.

Attila, on Oct 5 2008, 11:33 PM, said:

But, it shows a unit price of $.52 per with a huge caveat at the bottom. They've got a minimum purchase of $25 dollars for any order. That's like 45 or so of these things you gotta buy just to get one of them. I just went to the local paint store and bought a window paint scraper that does almost the same thing for $.85. :clap: Them guy s at the linked site must not be looking for the general public to be buying their goods. From the minimum purchase amount, it looks like they probably cater to the contractor.

It looks like a nifty little gadget though.

Yes, I used that website just to provide an image of what I was talking about. By “retail cost” I meant buying at your local Home Depot or Lowes (etc)… although it also gives us an idea of the wholesale-to-retail markup. (Dang, I gotta get into business!) :lol:

katnapper, on Oct 6 2008, 08:05 AM, said:

I actually do not buy these. Not many prices to scrape off of dog food, cat food and litter. :clap: If I ever get rich enough to buy something with a price tag on it I will look into them.

It was my recent Time to Think About Christmas that made me think about these things. Also, I was recently looking through Mom’s tool drawer and realized that I hadn’t given her one yet. Guess what’s going in whose stocking this year. ;)

Also, when entertaining, I think it’s kind of cheesy to leave price tags on things that are offered to guests. You don’t want to offer someone a drink and there’s the little price sticker still on the bottle… that’s kind of a mixed message.

But it has many other uses… scraping bugs and bird doody off your windshield for example. :)
Page 1 of 1