RightNation.US
News (Home) | Righters' Blog | Hollywood Halfwits | Our Store | New User Intro | Link to us | Support Us

RightNation.US: New Year’s Resolutions, or; “Out, damn'd [stuff]! out, I say!” - RightNation.US

-----
New Year’s Resolutions, or; “Out, damn'd [stuff]! out, I say!”

(With apologies to Lady Macbeth.) ;)

2007 was the year that I did the exterior “landscape makeover”, and I want 2009 to be the year that I (at least) start the home interior makeover. And to do that… I’m going to have to get rid of a lot of stuff.

First of all, those friends and family members using my home as “free storage” are going to have to reclaim their belongings. If not then, 6-months hence, they’ll be able to buy them back off of eBay… or fetch them off of the back of the garbage truck. Years after abandoning their property, plus 6-months, is more than enough warning.

Secondly, I need to get control of my own borderline obsessive-compulsive “collecting”… When in Doubt, Throw It Out! For every item brought into the house I should dispose of 2 or 3.

Which brings me to the last pertinent point… I need to get better at disposing of the trash and recycling. Since I’m only one person, I feel I can be “lazy” about dragging the garbage-cans and recycling to the curb… even those are only collected once per week. But the house is bigger than I am, and if I don’t maintain a steady stream of “refuse relocation”, a state of crisis reliably ensues.

All of this… plus another call to 1-800-JUNK… is absolutely necessary before I can update/remake the home in my image. I just need some room to maneuver. ;)

Let’s see… what else? Quitting smoking? Stop drinking? Eat better? Lose weight? More regular and vigorous exercise?

BWAH HHHAAAHHH HHAAHH HHhaaaaaahhhh!!!!

Oh God, that’s TOO funny! AS IF!!

That reminds me of the old joke about the long-lived man: “I don’t smoke, don’t drink, watch what I eat, don’t chase wimmin… and I’m about to celebrate my 90th birthday…”

Really? HOW?!!! ;)

(Actually, I just weighed myself recently… something I don’t often do… and surprisingly I’m within 5-pounds of my High School graduation weight, over 30-years after the fact. Either I’m “living right” or there’s something really nasty eating up my insides… let’s go with “living right”!) ;)

So I really don’t have any traditional (I.E.: destined for failure) New Year resolutions. There’s something I want to improve about myself/my environment… but “New Year” is such an arbitrary demarcation that I should be able to do it anyway. Like all other faux “motivations”… maybe this will be just enough to push me over the edge.

Please have a very Happy and Healthy New Year… even if you just continue to be yourself.

:tongue2:

2 Comments On This Entry

I tend to be a world-class packrat myself, but I keep it in check with a "1 year" rule: If I haven't done anything useful with a particular item within the past 1 year - no matter how useful it *might* eventually be - then out it goes.

Adam Smithee, on Jan 2 2009, 02:57 AM, said:

I tend to be a world-class packrat myself, but I keep it in check with a "1 year" rule: If I haven't done anything useful with a particular item within the past 1 year - no matter how useful it *might* eventually be - then out it goes.

Sounds like a good rule of thumb. Do you mark items with a date, or just "remember" when you acquired them?
Page 1 of 1