RightNation.US
News (Home) | Righters' Blog | Hollywood Halfwits | Our Store | New User Intro | Link to us | Support Us

RightNation.US: Just Sharing - RightNation.US

-----

Just Sharing

Just Sharing

I recently sent a message to someone close to me; most of which is personal… but I can share this part:

Speaking of missing keys, this is kind of funny. Two seasons ago, I misplaced the ignition keys to my lawn tractor… I figured I could wait until I found one of the keys, and could just push the thing around as needed in the meantime. But after more than a year of not being started, I felt I had to take care of this matter, lest the tractor’s motor rust itself into a boat anchor. So I started doing research on the Internet, with the intent of learning how to replace the ignition switch… or at least how to hotwire it.

Imagine my embarrassment when I learned that Sears lawn tractor keys are not unique, and all I ever had to do was order a new one out of the catalogue. I was so relieved that I ordered 3 of them.

Imagine my embarrassment when they were delivered and I discovered that each order consisted of 2 keys… so now I have SIX [friggin] ignition keys to the lawn tractor that I don’t even use anymore…

DOH!!!

At DaFirm, the chief administrator sends a daily email to staff, indicating whether or not we will have “important visitors” the next business day. This is the manner in which the staff is notified that the dress code is bumped up a notch. (I.E.: From “Not Confrontationally Grubby” to “No Jeans”.)

Today’s email informed us that an important potential client… Yada-Something-Sumitoyota (totally made-up name)… would be in the office on Monday. This being Friday… and momentarily losing my practiced and professional restraint… I injudiciously hit “Reply ALL”:

Okay… who invited the Japanese to visit us on Pearl Harbor Day?!!!

Looks like I better wear a suit and tie come Monday.

Saw a cool old Riviera today… the one with the triangular rear window… rumbling down Seaport Blvd. I miss big cars.

Finally… although I have a lot of things to learn about making chicken soup, this particular lesson will stay with me:

COOK THE ORZO beforehand and add it at the last minute; otherwise it will absorb all the moisture like wingnut-fringe “Christians” sucking the fun out of a room; and you’ll be left with something that’s barely a side-dish instead of a main course soup…

No, really… you’ll want to avoid that… ***ahem******cough cough***… :)

;) :)

4 Comments On This Entry

Have to agree that doing much of anything on December 7th is always something that irritates me to no end.

As for the lawn maintenance equipment issue.....

But lawn tractors look 'good' sitting there in the front yard.
Mocking you for 'forgetting', again, and again, to put the darn thing back in it's shed. You know the shed that, because the lawn tractor isn't occupying it, has become home to all that other 'stuff', on a purely 'temporary' basis, of course.
And the critters like it sitting there! Today's Alpha cat can Lord it over the others, sitting there on the sun cracked operator's seat, soaking up what little thermal heat it absorbed from the bright but still wintry sun!
Besides, if I were to go to the hassle of proving that Yes Virginia the battery is quite dead after all these months of just sitting there, then noticing that Yep, that slow tire leak has absolutely left that right rear tire flat as a pancake! So dig out the battery charger, AND the air compressor and oh heck, where is the air chuck thing? Yeah all that, and Oops, is there even any gas in the thing? And how long has that gas been in the tank? Is it even gas any more, or has it some kind of barely flammable varnishy syrup that only smells a little like gas? OK, no problem, where is that cold weather starting 'fluid'? You know that stuff they use to fire up jet airplane engines? What? Huh? Oh crud, used the last of that on that pesky yellow jacket nest that was discovered in the U S Postal Service Jeep that you bought, a month before you quit that U S Postal Service job! But starting fluid makes one heck of a yellow jacket killer, and it was right there when you needed it!
So, long story short.....to heck with it, it doesn't really look all that bad sitting right there where it has for the last, *ahem* several months!
For the chicken soup problem you can always buy some chicken stock or broth from Swansons (its msg free now) and make it soup again. I have found all kinds of uses for that stuff now that I can actually eat it.

I have learned that you can add extra water to your spaghetti and throw in the noodles and cook it down just like you would with a hamburger helper except its homemade. :wave:

USNJIMRET, on Dec 5 2009, 08:16 AM, said:

Have to agree that doing much of anything on December 7th is always something that irritates me to no end. […]

Well I didn’t get in trouble for it, but neither did anyone respond. This leads me to wonder how many actually knew the significance of December 7th.

[…] As for the lawn maintenance equipment issue.....

But lawn tractors look 'good' sitting there in the front yard.
Mocking you for 'forgetting', again, and again, to put the darn thing back in it's shed. You know the shed that, because the lawn tractor isn't occupying it, has become home to all that other 'stuff', on a purely 'temporary' basis, of course.
And the critters like it sitting there! Today's Alpha cat can Lord it over the others, sitting there on the sun cracked operator's seat, soaking up what little thermal heat it absorbed from the bright but still wintry sun!
Besides, if I were to go to the hassle of proving that Yes Virginia the battery is quite dead after all these months of just sitting there, then noticing that Yep, that slow tire leak has absolutely left that right rear tire flat as a pancake! So dig out the battery charger, AND the air compressor and oh heck, where is the air chuck thing? Yeah all that, and Oops, is there even any gas in the thing? And how long has that gas been in the tank? Is it even gas any more, or has it some kind of barely flammable varnishy syrup that only smells a little like gas? OK, no problem, where is that cold weather starting 'fluid'? You know that stuff they use to fire up jet airplane engines? What? Huh? Oh crud, used the last of that on that pesky yellow jacket nest that was discovered in the U S Postal Service Jeep that you bought, a month before you quit that U S Postal Service job! But starting fluid makes one heck of a yellow jacket killer, and it was right there when you needed it!
So, long story short.....to heck with it, it doesn't really look all that bad sitting right there where it has for the last, *ahem* several months!

Hey, I resemble those remarks!

Actually, it’s behind the house and under the deck, so it was at least somewhat protected from the elements. But for an apparently spontaneous soliloquy, that’s pretty good!

You hit the hammer on the head.

:)

katnapper, on Dec 5 2009, 11:06 AM, said:

For the chicken soup problem you can always buy some chicken stock or broth from Swansons (its msg free now) and make it soup again. I have found all kinds of uses for that stuff now that I can actually eat it.

I have learned that you can add extra water to your spaghetti and throw in the noodles and cook it down just like you would with a hamburger helper except its homemade. :)

That’s great, thank you!

;)
Page 1 of 1