RightNation.US
News (Home) | Righters' Blog | Hollywood Halfwits | Our Store | New User Intro | Link to us | Support Us

RightNation.US: Dean, Howard - RightNation.US

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Dean, Howard

#1 User is offline   Lisa 

• <<< . >>>
  • View blog
  • View gallery
  • Group: Site Owner

Posted 06 June 2003 - 11:05 AM

Howard Brush Dean III, M.D.
Current Chairman of the Democratic National Committee

http://rightnation.us/people/images/h_dean.jpg

His Battlecry Legacy!!!

"We're going to California and Texas and New York! And we're going to South Dakota and Oregon and Washington and Michigan! And we're going to Washington D.C. to take back the White House! YEEEEAAAARRRRRGGGHHHHH!"

Source:
WikiQuote.org
See The Video:
All-Encompassingly.com

Quotes from our Democratic National Committee Chairman:

From his final speech to the Democratic National Committe before they voted on their next chairman:

"I hate the Republicans and everything they stand for,...

When talking about long lines at some polling stations in Ohio, Dean wondered who could be expected to work all day and then stand for hours to vote.

"Well, Republicans, I guess, can do that because a lot of them have never made an honest living in their lives,"

In a San Francisco speech, the chairman characterized Republicans as

"a pretty monolithic party. They all behave the same. They all look the same. It's pretty much a white Christian party."

Referring to differences between the Republican Party and the Democratic Party, he said,

"This is a struggle of good and evil. And we're the good."

Source:
en.Wikipedia.org
USA Today
New York Daily News

He'd Compromise an Erosion of American Military Power

"We have to take a different approach" to diplomacy, the former Vermont governor was quoted as saying during a campaign stop in New Hampshire. "We won't always have the strongest military."

Source:
FoxNews.com

Iraq Was Not a Threat

"Iraq was not a threat to us. As frightful and dreadful as Saddam Hussein is, or was, it was not OK for the United States to attack a country that was not a threat to us."

"We've taken our eye off the ball because of the President's obsession with Iraq."

Source:
TruthOut.org

Bush: It's Not Just His Doctrine That's Wrong by Howard Dean

"It could well take decades to repair the damage this President and his cohort of right-wing ideological advisors have done to our standing in the international community.

"Theirs is a radical view of our role in the world. The President who campaigned on a platform of a humble foreign policy has instead begun implementing a foreign policy characterized by dominance, arrogance and intimidation.

"You will not find a Dean Administration turning to the option of force in the first instance as this President does.

"This [Bush] Administration has a far different concept of the role of America in the world. This concept involves imposing our will on sovereign nations. This concept involves dismantling the multilateral institutions that we have spent decades building. And this concept involves distorting the rule of law to suit their narrow purposes. On day one of a Dean Presidency, I will reverse this attitude.

"And not only will I seek to heal the divisions this President has caused in the world community, but I would also begin the process of healing the divisions he has exploited here at home.

"This President shamelessly divides us from one another. He divides us by race as he did when he claimed that the University of Michigan uses quotas in its law school admissions. He divides us by class by rewarding his campaign donors with enormous tax cuts while the rest of us are deprived of affordable health care, prescription drugs for our seniors, and good schools for our kids. He divides us by gender by seeking to restrict reproductive choice for women. He divides us by sexual orientation by appointing reactionary judges to the bench."

Source:
CommonDreams.org

Unilaterally Attacking Iraq

"Since Iraq is not an imminent danger to the United States, the United States should not unilaterally attack Iraq. Iraq does not have nuclear weapons. They do not have much of a nuclear program, if they have one at all left. And they have not... there is not any particular evidence that is convincing that they have given weapons of mass destruction to terrorists. All those three things would constitute, in my view, a reason to defend our country by unilaterally attacking. But those are not the cases."

"I have no problem with supporting a United Nations attack on Iraq, but I want it to be supported by the United Nations. That's a well-constituted body.

"I disagree with unilateral war. At this point, I don't think it's justified and I don't think the case has been made. I don't disagree with disarming Saddam. I support that. I think the proper folks to do that are the United Nations, and we should be part of that."

"The greatest danger remains al-Qaida, which this president is not committing the resources to... The important problems, the real important threats to the United States-al-Qaida and North Korea-- are not being dealt with. They are being put on the back burner because of this president's obsession with unilateral disarmament of Iraq, which is not a threat to the United States."

Three Quotes From:
Source:
PBS.org

"What I want to know is what in the world so many Democrats are doing supporting the president's unilateral intervention in Iraq."

Source:
GWU.edu

"[Bush presidency] most dangerous presidency since Herbert Hoover."

Source:
Salon.com

Media Has a Conservative Bias

"I think, first of all, it is true that the media has a conservative bias, and is being well-funded by conservative people like Rupert Murdoch. There is no question about that. But I also believe that part of the fault belongs to the Democrats, because the Democrats don't stand up and therefore there is no other side to cover."

Source:
TruthOut.org

Howard Dean, Confused 'Metrosexual'
Howard Dean tried to be all things, except George W. Bush, to all voters on fundraising stops in Boulder and Denver.

The pack-leading Democrat hit all the marks, courting fiscal conservatives and social liberals. He bashed the war and pumped up his plans for universal heath care, renewable energy and investments in schools, highways and broadband Internet for everyone.

Dean declared himself a "metrosexual," the buzz phrase for straight men in touch with their feminine sides, as he touted his accomplishments in "equal justice" for gay and lesbian couples.

But then he waffled.

"I'm a square," Dean declared, after professing his metrosexuality to a Boulder breakfast audience with an anecdote about being called handsome by a gay man. "I like (rapper) Wyclef Jean and everybody thinks I'm very hip, but I am really a square, as my kids will tell you. I don't even get to watch television. I've heard the term (metrosexual), but I don't know what it means."

Source:
OhioGOP.org

Racist Comment

"I still want to be the candidate for guys with Confederate flags in their pickup trucks,"the former Vermont governor was quoted as saying in Saturday's Des Moines Register. "We can't beat George Bush unless we appeal to a broad cross-section of Democrats."

Source:
FoxNews.com

Our Favorite Shirt:
"Howard Dean Hates Me"
Source:

Lonestartimes.com

Political Party:
Democratic

How to find contact information

Posting content to this topic
1. Read our guidelines for suggesting additions.
2. Check all the messages in this topic for duplication.
3. Understand that this topic is not for conversation, but only for posting of direct information. It's a one-way conversation.
4. Understand that your post may be removed from this topic if we use it. We also reserve the right to edit or remove your post at our discretion.

#2 User is offline   Wilrulz 

• <no title>
  • Group: Gold

Posted 27 September 2005 - 10:09 PM

Updated and reconfirmed

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users