RightNation.US
News (Home) | Righters' Blog | Hollywood Halfwits | Our Store | New User Intro | Link to us | Support Us

RightNation.US: Thank you Demi Lovato - RightNation.US

Thank you Demi Lovato Rate Topic: -----

#21 User is offline   MontyPython 

• Pull My Finger.....
  • View gallery
  • Group: Gold

Posted 03 February 2020 - 12:43 PM

Roseanne Barr's Star Spangled Banner was the worst ever.

Period.

<_<

#22 User is offline   Ladybird 

• <no title>
  • Group: +Copper Community Supporter

Posted 03 February 2020 - 01:00 PM

View PostMontyPython, on 03 February 2020 - 12:43 PM, said:

Roseanne Barr's Star Spangled Banner was the worst ever.

Period.

<_<

Agreed.

My other peeve is all the over singing. After Whitney Houstonís super bowl anthem, it seemed like every Tom, Dick, and Jamal tried to emulate her, with widely varying degrees of success. Iíve heard this at amateur events as well. One time I was stood crowded with 10,000 other runners in 93 degree and a steady rain while some dude warbled he way through the Star Spangled Banner. It was torture. And just when we thought it was almost the end, he warbled his was through ďthe land of the freeeeeeeeeeeeeeĒ. Enough already.

#23 User is online   erp 

• Undead Undead Undead
  • Group: Silver

Posted 03 February 2020 - 01:16 PM

View PostLadybird, on 03 February 2020 - 08:35 AM, said:

Great half time show! Very Latin. I don't see these two 'not very young' women as being objectified at all. They are very much in control of their sexuality.

J-Lo's daughter is cute too.

past tense: objectified; past participle: objectified
  • 1.degrade to the status of a mere object."a deeply sexist attitude that objectifies women"

Lets see.

Shakira sang into a dildo microphone. At one point mimicking like she was licking said dildo microphone. [ JLo kept putting her finger in her crotch while pushing said crotch in front of the camera. JLo also swung around on a stripper pole. Let's keep in mind what stripper poles are used for. Yup, to show case women as objects for sex. ]Both women had their asses hanging out. Again, this is what "some" women to showcase themselves as an object for sex. But not to a leftist. Nope, no siree!! These two where very much "in control of their sexuality."They just happened to "control" said sexuality in front of millions of people on a show geared towards men showing a game played by, wait for it, men. However, I bet you see Melania Trump as a trophy wife, correct?

This post has been edited by erp: 03 February 2020 - 01:20 PM

#24 User is offline   stick 

• The 'Little Genius' giving thanks
  • View blog
  • View gallery
  • Group: Gold

Posted 03 February 2020 - 01:27 PM

View Posterp, on 03 February 2020 - 06:59 AM, said:

Nope. Lots of ass hanging out. JLow seemed to be fascinated with her crotch as she kept grabbing it and shoving it in the camera. She also was spinning around on a stripper poll.

And Shakira did use what looked like a dildo microphone.

It was all pretty much in your face with the sex. Not that I care, but I did find it odd given this whole stupid me too nonsense. Plus, my eight year old son did not need to see that crap.

I have no idea why males objectify women.

#25 User is offline   gravelrash 

• I wish they all were punk rock girls

Posted 03 February 2020 - 01:34 PM

View Poststick, on 03 February 2020 - 01:27 PM, said:

I have no idea why males objectify women.

Yeah, how many times has that worked? Worst pick-up line ever. :rolleyes:

#26 User is offline   Oathtaker 

• <no title>

Posted 03 February 2020 - 01:45 PM

View PostLadybird, on 03 February 2020 - 08:11 AM, said:

So congratulating Kansas was correct.. I see a map with a sharpie correction coming on..

Arrowhead Stadium is in Missouri.

That being said, today I have heard several times on different radio stations the statement that Kansas City is not in Kansas, which is just as incorrect as the President congratulating Kansas (at first).

Too many too quick to ďpoint out how the strong man stumblesĒ....

Or the reference in the Good Book about sinning and the casting of stones.

#27 User is offline   Ladybird 

• <no title>

Posted 03 February 2020 - 02:00 PM

Shakira, who is part Lebanese, did an Arab style of singing called zaghrouta. She was not pretending to go down on a microphone. Has no one heard middle eastern singers do this before?
She also did belly dancing. This show was homage to many cultures.

The pole dancing from JLo was likely a reference to her movie.

#28 User is offline   mjperry51 

• My Brain Hurts!!

Posted 03 February 2020 - 02:30 PM

View PostLadybird, on 03 February 2020 - 08:11 AM, said:

So congratulating Kansas was correct.. I see a map with a sharpie correction coming on..

There is a Kansas City, Kansas.

You are truly the master of the insignificant. . .

#29 User is offline   BootsieBets 

• <no title>
  • Group: +Silver Community Supporter

Posted 03 February 2020 - 03:59 PM

Yes, there is a Kansas City, Kansas and a Kansas City, Missouri! I have been to both Ė on the same day. Itís easy, they are like, practically right next to each other. Funny, when Obama made his 57 states gaffe, to mention it was all racists and everything. But donít forget to point out Trumpís mistakes. I know, I know, Arrowhead is in Missouri.

I donít watch football anymore, so I didnít see the halftime show until I watched parts of it on twitter due to hearing about it. It looks more like something that would have been in Vegas. And yes, interesting that woman claim to want to be treated with respect and not as sexual objects, but then put themselves on display as sexual objects by writhing on the floor, or sliding down a stripper pole or wiggling their buts and thrusting their pelvis into cameras in front of millions of people. Of course, I havenít heard JLo or Shakira say they wanted to be treated with respect or not be treated as sexual objects either, so thereís that.

#30 User is offline   gravelrash 

Posted 03 February 2020 - 06:02 PM

We (denizens of Omaha and southeastern Nebraska) often refer to Kansas City, MO, as "KC Proper". Kansas City, Kansas, is "KC-1". Many teams don't play in the cities that they represent. The Dallas Cowboys play in Arlington. The Detroit Pistons play in Auburn Hills. The San Francisco 49ers play in Napa. Over 40 miles away from the Golden Gate Bridge.

#31 User is offline   Ladybird 

• <no title>

Posted 03 February 2020 - 06:16 PM

View Postgravelrash, on 03 February 2020 - 06:02 PM, said:

We (denizens of Omaha and southeastern Nebraska) often refer to Kansas City, MO, as "KC Proper". Kansas City, Kansas, is "KC-1". Many teams don't play in the cities that they represent. The Dallas Cowboys play in Arlington. The Detroit Pistons play in Auburn Hills. The San Francisco 49ers play in Napa. Over 40 miles away from the Golden Gate Bridge.

"The Minneapolis Lakers moved to Los Angeles where there are no lakes. The Oilers moved to Tennessee where there is no oil. The Jazz moved to Salt Lake City where they don't allow music." - BASEketball.

#32 User is offline   Buckwheat Jones 

• <no title>
  • Group: Bronze

Posted 03 February 2020 - 06:25 PM

View PostLadybird, on 03 February 2020 - 07:03 AM, said:

Ah. Sounds a bit racy.

Bet your son knows where Kansas City is though..

Iím from Kansas City. Itís actually a pretty common mistake.

#33 User is online   Dean Adam Smithee 

• School of the Cold Hard Facts
  • View gallery
  • Group: Platinum Community Supporter

Posted 03 February 2020 - 06:44 PM

View Postgravelrash, on 03 February 2020 - 06:02 PM, said:

And the Atlanta Braves (baseball) play at the formerly-known-as-Suntrust-Park in Marietta GA in Cobb County. Atlanta is mostly in Fulton Co with parts in deKalb Co.

Most egregious, though, is the three NYC area teams that don't even play in the same state that they represent: The NY Giants, NY Jets, NY Guardians (XFL) all play at Meadowlands in New Jersey. And RIP Shea Stadium in Queens NYC, final game September 2008.

#34 User is offline   Ladybird 

• <no title>

Posted 03 February 2020 - 06:53 PM

Speaking of the National Anthem -

President Trump appears to flout his own rules with his behavior during the national anthem at the Super Bowl

https://www.marketwa...bowl-2020-02-03

#35 User is offline   gravelrash 

Posted 03 February 2020 - 07:13 PM

I was actually getting into Alliance Football. XFL has more money but I don't foresee a second season. Disappointed that Legends is now the Extreme Football League. Omaha Heart was a more meaningful connection than the Red Devils. By the by, the Omaha Heart / Red Devils play at the Ralston arena.

Seattle Reign is now FC Reign since they moved to Tacoma. Doesn't have that same ring to it. I thought at first that the Glendale Raptors were Arizona. They are outside of Denver. Premier Lacrosse League avoids any reference to host city. Instead, the PLL has a round-robin touring format that aims to promote it's brand with exhibition games.

#36 User is online   Dean Adam Smithee 

• School of the Cold Hard Facts
  • View gallery
  • Group: Platinum Community Supporter

Posted 03 February 2020 - 07:21 PM

View PostBuckwheat Jones, on 03 February 2020 - 06:25 PM, said:

Iím from Kansas City. Itís actually a pretty common mistake.

Yeah, but are you from the REAL KC or the other one?

#37 User is offline   gravelrash 

Posted 03 February 2020 - 07:30 PM

View PostDean Adam Smithee, on 03 February 2020 - 07:21 PM, said:

Yeah, but are you from the REAL KC or the other one?

I used to drive through Kansas City, Missouri, on my way to visit my friend who lived in Hazelwood, later Belleville AFB (Illinois). I can't stand KCMO. The people there are rude, arrogant, and condescending. Save for the diners at the phantom Waffle House outside of Kingdom City. Praise be the I-435 spike that bypasses that slagheap, wannabe Manhattan of the Midwest.

Share this topic:

• 2 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users