RightNation.US
News (Home) | Righters' Blog | Hollywood Halfwits | Our Store | New User Intro | Link to us | Support Us

RightNation.US: Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez panics during thunderstorm - RightNation.US

Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez panics during thunderstorm says DC weather is result of Ďclimate crisis.í Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   MTP Reggie 

• <no title>
  • View gallery
  • Group: +Gold Community Supporter

Posted 25 May 2019 - 10:20 AM

Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez panics during thunderstorm, says DC weather is result of 'climate crisis.' A meteorologist hilariously shuts her down.
SARAH TAYLOR
MAY 24, 2019
The Blaze

<More Hilarious Stupidity (And Not Satire!) Here>

A meteorologist took Rep. Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez (D-N.Y.) to task after she panicked about "climate crisis" during a Thursday tornado warning in Washington, D.C.

What happened?

Ocasio-Cortez attempted to connect the tornado warning to climate change on social media, but meteorologist Ryan Maue set her straight.

"There's people stuck outside!" she told her Instagram followers in a video, gesturing to the heavy rain and winds occurring outside. "We need to get them out. This is crazy."

She added, "Well, that was something. Alarms went off in the building advising people to seek shelter."

"Apparently the tornado moved/missed the city so quickly that they ended the warning shortly after," Ocasio-Cortez continued. "Apparently this is a thing that happens in the summer here? With increasing intensity?"

The freshman lawmaker went on to share a PBS story that examined a study trying to determine whether climate change worsens the effects of tornadoes. She quoted the piece, writing, "Rather than lie squarely in the Great Plains, America's tornadoes appear to be sliding into the Midwest and Southeast."

Ocasio-Cortez told her followers, "Tornadoes are challenging to link to climate change links due to their nature (geographically, limited, acute patterns, how they form, etc.), but we DO know that tornadoes HAVE been changing. They are no longer limited to the Great Plains, and are shifting to other regions of the country."

"The climate crisis is real, y'all," she added. "Guess we're at casual tornadoes in growing regions of the country."

What did the weatherman say?

(snip)

<More Hilarious Stupidity (And Not Satire!) Here>

#2 User is offline   USNRETWIFE 

• Tiki Barbie
  • Group: +Silver Community Supporter

Posted 25 May 2019 - 10:59 AM

OMG, where I live we have had tornadoes, thunderstorms, hail, snow, floods, heat and cold, sometimes all in the same week. Last week we had all but the tornado. I'm sure those are gearing up for this part of the country, after they wreak havoc in the south. I guess we don't have climate change yet as we've missed the hurricanes here in South Dakota. I'd better ask the "Boss" about that. LOL.

#3 User is offline   lam 

• <no title>
  • Group: 100+ Posts NonDonor

Posted 25 May 2019 - 11:01 AM

OMG. Has this woman never read a book? I learned a long time ago when I was a child, that tornadoes can occur almost anywhere.

#4 User is offline   zurg 

• <no title>
  • Group: +Copper Community Supporter

Posted 25 May 2019 - 11:06 AM

She probably has no idea that the New England region for example has about 8 tornadoes every year. https://en.m.wikiped...in_New_England.

There appear to have been a bunch of deadly ones in the late 1800ís, way before humans caused glob....I mean weather change.

#5 User is online   tailgunner 

• <no title>
  • Group: +Bronze Community Supporter

Posted 25 May 2019 - 11:13 AM

View Postzurg, on 25 May 2019 - 11:06 AM, said:

She probably has no idea that the New England region for example has about 8 tornadoes every year. https://en.m.wikiped...in_New_England.

There appear to have been a bunch of deadly ones in the late 1800ís, way before humans caused glob....I mean weather change.

Sorry, cow farts cause by people.

#6 User is offline   RedSoloCup 

• <no title>

Posted 25 May 2019 - 11:19 AM

Retard

http://uploads.disquscdn.com/images/5bcd8b30f9bd4b368e184cd7c609dc5ae6dcb857f184b050543389ebe7f6b004.jpg

#7 User is offline   mjperry51 

• My Brain Hurts!!
  • Group: Silver

Posted 25 May 2019 - 11:36 AM

This twit should have been in SW Ohio during the April 1974 outbreak -- 2nd worst in history. . .

It was also the most violent tornado outbreak ever recorded (as of 2019), with 30 F4/F5 tornadoes confirmed. From April 3 to 4, 1974, there were 148 tornadoes confirmed in 13 U.S. states and the Canadian province of Ontario.

Link
I had ham radio friends coming out of their basements saying "My house is gone!"
Spent the night providing emergency communications in Western Hamilton County. This sheltered twit is clueless. . . .

#8 User is offline   Taggart Transcontinental 

• <no title>
  • View gallery
  • Group: +Gold Community Supporter

Posted 25 May 2019 - 12:46 PM

This woman is retarded. Tornado's can strike anywhere in the US including Hawaii and Puerto Rico. Hell I have seen a funnel cloud in Germany. In fact their building code is based on a f4 tornado that hit a city in the early 1900's. I live in a tornado prone area, they are capable of spawning almost all year around. That's why I am buying a tornado shelter to put in the house. Once I get the cash saved up.

#9 User is online   Rock N' Roll Right Winger 

• Pissing off all of the right people

Posted 25 May 2019 - 12:58 PM

View Postmjperry51, on 25 May 2019 - 11:36 AM, said:

This twit should have been in SW Ohio during the April 1974 outbreak -- 2nd worst in history. . .

Link
I had ham radio friends coming out of their basements saying "My house is gone!"
Spent the night providing emergency communications in Western Hamilton County. This sheltered twit is clueless. . . .

I watched the Louisville April 3rd 1974 tornado from my front yard, missing our house by only 4 blocks.

It took the roof off of the school that me and my brothers had just left only 20 minutes before.

We lost city water pressure for a week as it took out the water tower and electical power to the water company.

We missed over a month of school.

Several of my school friends lost their homes. We knew many business owners who's stores and filling stations were leveled.

The national guard had camped out 24/7 in our neighborhood on every other block to prevent looting.

#10 User is offline   mjperry51 

• My Brain Hurts!!

Posted 25 May 2019 - 01:38 PM

View PostRock N, on 25 May 2019 - 12:58 PM, said:

I watched the Louisville April 3rd 1974 tornado from my front yard, missing our house by only 4 blocks.

It took the roof off of the school that me and my brothers had just left only 20 minutes before.

We lost city water pressure for a week as it took out the water tower and electical power to the water company.

We missed over a month of school.

Several of my school friends lost their homes. We knew many business owners who's stores and filling stations were leveled.

The national guard had camped out 24/7 in our neighborhood on every other block to prevent looting.

Know you're in the Louisville area.

There were people here who found canceled checks from Louisville-area banks in their yards.. There were 27 funnel clouds in the Cincinnati are that day. . .

#11 User is offline   jr_tex 

• <no title>
  • Group: +Silver Community Supporter

Posted 25 May 2019 - 02:26 PM

View Postmjperry51, on 25 May 2019 - 11:36 AM, said:

Link

Yes but in the 70ís that was caused by the coming ice age caused by global cooling. When the Midwest was going to be covered in ice and we all were going to starve.

#12 User is online   Rock N' Roll Right Winger 

Posted 25 May 2019 - 02:40 PM

View Postjr_tex, on 25 May 2019 - 02:26 PM, said:

Yes but in the 70ís that was caused by the coming ice age caused by global cooling. When the Midwest was going to be covered in ice and we all were going to starve.

That's what they were drumming into our heads in school back then, especially in the "Weekly Reader" newspaper for kids.

Pure proggy propaganda.

#13 User is offline   zurg 

• <no title>

Posted 25 May 2019 - 04:13 PM

View PostRock N, on 25 May 2019 - 02:40 PM, said:

That's what they were drumming into our heads in school back then, especially in the "Weekly Reader" newspaper for kids.

Pure proggy propaganda.

What percentage of the students were leftist or left-leaning back then? Or were they not political at all then? How about the teachers?

(Iím about your age but I didnít grow up in the US.)

#14 User is offline   Squirrel 

• <no title>

Posted 25 May 2019 - 04:23 PM

Does anyone else think this everytime she speaks,, I know someone else is old enough to know what Iím talking about. The egg commercial this is your brain, then the frying pan this is your brain on drugs. Or the classic a mind is a terrible thing to waste

#15 User is online   Rock N' Roll Right Winger 

Posted 25 May 2019 - 04:43 PM

View Postzurg, on 25 May 2019 - 04:13 PM, said:

What percentage of the students were leftist or left-leaning back then? Or were they not political at all then? How about the teachers?

(I’m about your age but I didn’t grow up in the US.)

Most students (back then in my city) that I had known (1960's thru 1970's) were not leftist leaning at all and neither were their parents.

I'd guesstimate that about 25 to 30% eventually fell for the lefty crap that they were taught in school by the hippy teachers without questioning any of it.

The teachers, I'd say that 80% of them that I have known/had were lefties/proggies.

The years of proggy brainwashing propaganda in schools and in all of the media, movies, news etc. have taken their toll for sure over the decades, hence the big mess that we have now.

I was always the rebel (and I still am) and I was raised with a good bullshidt detector and filter, hence why I didn't turn out to be a libtard/progtard. None of my brothers were ever lefties either.

This post has been edited by Rock N' Roll Right Winger: 25 May 2019 - 04:44 PM

#16 User is offline   zurg 

• <no title>

Posted 25 May 2019 - 05:25 PM

View PostRock N, on 25 May 2019 - 04:43 PM, said:

Most students (back then in my city) that I had known (1960's thru 1970's) were not leftist leaning at all and neither were their parents.

I'd guesstimate that about 25 to 30% eventually fell for the lefty crap that they were taught in school by the hippy teachers without questioning any of it.

The teachers, I'd say that 80% of them that I have known/had were lefties/proggies.

The years of proggy brainwashing propaganda in schools and in all of the media, movies, news etc. have taken their toll for sure over the decades, hence the big mess that we have now.

I was always the rebel (and I still am) and I was raised with a good bullshidt detector and filter, hence why I didn't turn out to be a libtard/progtard. None of my brothers were ever lefties either.

What was the big change that turned the teachers into leftists? Were they already hired with that orientation deliberately, or was there something (democrat influence) in the teacher education itself that slowly brainwashed them? Didnít any of them call BS on that crap?

This post has been edited by zurg: 25 May 2019 - 05:25 PM

#17 User is offline   Squirrel 

• <no title>

Posted 25 May 2019 - 06:10 PM

Did she request hazard pay for it? Or is she just going to claim ptsd?

#18 User is offline   Howsithangin 

• The more ppl I meet, the more I like my cats
  • Group: +Bronze Community Supporter

Posted 25 May 2019 - 06:31 PM

View Postzurg, on 25 May 2019 - 05:25 PM, said:

What was the big change that turned the teachers into leftists? Were they already hired with that orientation deliberately, or was there something (democrat influence) in the teacher education itself that slowly brainwashed them? Didnít any of them call BS on that crap?

Baby boomers took control of the education system

#19 User is online   searcher 

• <no title>
  • Group: Bronze

Posted 25 May 2019 - 06:38 PM

I have the solution. All that needs to be done is outlaw trailer parks. That's where tornadoes head first. No trailer parks and they have no place to go. It actually sounds like something she;d come up with.

Mark

#20 User is online   Rock N' Roll Right Winger 

Posted 26 May 2019 - 07:04 AM

View Postzurg, on 25 May 2019 - 05:25 PM, said:

What was the big change that turned the teachers into leftists? Were they already hired with that orientation deliberately, or was there something (democrat influence) in the teacher education itself that slowly brainwashed them? Didn’t any of them call BS on that crap?

They went to college to become teachers and then succumbed to the proggy brainwashing there.

Here in my state it's always been democrap mob dominated ever since Kentucky became a state.

Now it's mainly the bigger cities here that are infested/diseased by proggy democraps.
Louisville always has been democrap mob ran for most of it's history.

The rural areas and small towns are conservative.

The feds and state dictates what's in the school's curriculum everywhere even in the rural conservative schools and it is nothing but progtard indoctrination propaganda that most of the proggy teachers love to teach.

I did have a few conservative teachers through the school years that did tell us that what they were required to teach us was dumbed down pure commie Marxist whacked out greenie weenie nonsense and they did not believe any of it and it was all a recipe for disaster.

This post has been edited by Rock N' Roll Right Winger: 26 May 2019 - 07:22 AM

Share this topic:

• 3 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users