RightNation.US
News (Home) | Righters' Blog | Hollywood Halfwits | Our Store | New User Intro | Link to us | Support Us

RightNation.US: After Taylor Swift Endorsement, Tennessee Democrat Bredesen Drops - RightNation.US

After Taylor Swift Endorsement, Tennessee Democrat Bredesen Drops 14 Points In Polls Rate Topic: -----

#21 User is offline   zurg 

• <no title>
  • Group: +Copper Community Supporter

Posted 15 October 2018 - 01:16 PM

View PostJerryL, on 15 October 2018 - 09:48 AM, said:

I don't see how it can help her, either. Anyone who is stupid enough to have their vote influenced by TS already votes Democrat, anyway.

I knew you were a TS fan!

:lol:

Hook, bait, sinker.

#22 User is online   Censport 

• @CensportRacing
  • Group: +Bronze Community Supporter

Posted 15 October 2018 - 03:01 PM

View PostAntonToo, on 15 October 2018 - 09:41 AM, said:

Some people may not like her music but I don't see how anyone would think of Bredesen less because she endorsed him.

You don't? Really? I knew you weren't that bright, but you really don't know how that works?

Okaaaayyy...

https://media.giphy.com/media/Hf61JhIufsQTe/giphy.gif

#23 User is offline   Ben Cranklin 

• Satiric Curmudgeon
  • Group: Gold

Posted 15 October 2018 - 03:22 PM

View PostCensport, on 15 October 2018 - 03:01 PM, said:

You don't? Really? I knew you weren't that bright, but you really don't know how that works?

Okaaaayyy...

https://media.giphy.com/media/Hf61JhIufsQTe/giphy.gif

Thatís because people like him are on the exact same wavelength as Taylor Swift...aesthetically, politically, intellectually. So, to him, with his self-regard, he just canít imagine how anyone could be against it, even though whenever these folks mouth off about their left wing politics, it always causes a backlash in the more normal parts of the country, like Tenn. in this case or, indeed, nationally, like in the most recent case of the ratings drop in the AMA awards, where Swift was hosting and pontificating about her new crackpot leftwing politics and turning off viewers in droves: http://www.rightnati...howtopic=219287

I suppose the only way this type would understand would be to put it in terms like this: Taylor Swift prominently spouting left wing politics and then endorsing a Senate candidate in Tenn a few days later is about as helpful as Ted Nugent endorsing someone running for mayor of San Francisco or Seattle.

#24 User is offline   Diamond369 

• <no title>
  • Group: Bronze

Posted 15 October 2018 - 11:28 PM

:biglaugh:

#25 User is offline   Severian 

• Order of the Seekers for Truth & Penitence
  • Group: +Gold Community Supporter

Posted 16 October 2018 - 09:10 AM

View PostKenpoDude, on 15 October 2018 - 07:46 AM, said:

I suppose that Swift's endorsement COULD have hurt Bredesen, but it's more likely that the under-cover video and audio of some of his people plainly admitting that Bredesen lies to the public so as to win more votes... would be the reason that his numbers have dropped.

Personally, I kind of like Swift's music (lately). I don't hate the girl. Still, she should just shut up and sing... or whatever. It's more the music than her voice... for me.

There's the old saying, no matter how hot she is somewhere there's a guy who's sick of her crap. I think she's high maintenance and not remotely in a good way, but that's her problem, or not, maybe she's happy with life as it is.

But she should consider her audience is more right oriented rather than left, something the Dixie Chicks didn't stop to consider before spouting off about politics. I don't really care to know the political opinions of entertainers. I assume most are left wing, but until they start spouting off completely inane idiocy I can just sit and enjoy their performances, after they do that's a harder suspension of disbelief to accomplish.

#26 User is offline   HardRightBambi 

• Right is Right and Left is Sinister

Posted 16 October 2018 - 10:16 AM

View PostRedSoloCup, on 15 October 2018 - 07:04 AM, said:

:exactly:

I hope Taylor's career suffers irreversible damage.

I'd bank on it having an adverse effect at some point; however, since I've had no interest in pop culture since the the Industrial Revolution, I couldn't care less what it does to her career. Her ill-advised outburst is undoubtedly a result of some slippery, slimy entertainment industry, Left Wingnut whispering in her ear about how it would be such a good idea to brand herself as a complete imbecile. She's still a young wisp of a girl/guppy swimming amongst voracious sharks. I've no doubt she'll end up a Christina Aguilera sooner rather than later. Chewed up, spat out, everybody's hit that, has-been by the time she's 30.

It back fired on GiGi Hadid, and Britney Spears is a laughable, black irony, caricature of her former self. All so needlessly sad.

#27 User is offline   Ladybird 

• <no title>

Posted 16 October 2018 - 10:38 AM

Ms. Swift released a sober and straightforward statement on her support of Bredsen, and her reasons for it. It wasnít some crazy outburst or celebrity media event, she just let her fans know her opinion. Aside from the heartbroken Alt-right fans, I doubt it will be a detriment to her career. I donít follow the latest in popular music, but she strikes me as more middle of the road than The Dixie Chicks, and itís not like she has been accused (at least not by sane people) of being unpatriotic or treasonous.

#28 User is online   gravelrash 

• I wish they all were punk rock girls

Posted 16 October 2018 - 10:40 AM

View PostHardRightBambi, on 16 October 2018 - 10:16 AM, said:

I'd bank on it having an adverse effect at some point; however, since I've had no interest in pop culture since the the Industrial Revolution, I couldn't care less what it does to her career. Her ill-advised outburst is undoubtedly a result of some slippery, slimy entertainment industry, Left Wingnut whispering in her ear about how it would be such a good idea to brand herself as a complete imbecile. She's still a young wisp of a girl/guppy swimming amongst voracious sharks. I've no doubt she'll end up a Christina Aguilera sooner rather than later. Chewed up, spat out, everybody's hit that, has-been by the time she's 30.

It back fired on GiGi Hadid, and Britney Spears is a laughable, black irony, caricature of her former self. All so needlessly sad.

Taylor Swift simply regurgitated talking points without any critical thought. Sad, really. I am a fan of her music. I think that your prediction will come to pass.

#29 User is offline   grimreefer 

• U.S. Merchant Marine
  • View gallery
  • Group: Diamond Community Supporter

Posted 16 October 2018 - 10:52 AM

View Postgravelrash, on 16 October 2018 - 10:40 AM, said:

Taylor Swift simply regurgitated talking points without any critical thought. Sad, really. I am a fan of her music. I think that your prediction will come to pass.

She endorsed the dem doing exactly what you describe while ignorant, I'm assuming, of the record Bredesen has at shredding documents related to covering up sexual harassment "investigations" before real investigations could get them. She blames Blackburn for the "pay gap" though. :rolleyes:

#30 User is offline   HardRightBambi 

Posted 16 October 2018 - 10:57 AM

View PostSeverian, on 16 October 2018 - 09:10 AM, said:

There's the old saying, no matter how hot she is somewhere there's a guy who's sick of her crap. I think she's high maintenance and not remotely in a good way, but that's her problem, or not, maybe she's happy with life as it is.

But she should consider her audience is more right oriented rather than left, something the Dixie Chicks didn't stop to consider before spouting off about politics. I don't really care to know the political opinions of entertainers. I assume most are left wing, but until they start spouting off completely inane idiocy I can just sit and enjoy their performances, after they do that's a harder suspension of disbelief to accomplish.

Shocking revelation that I'm sure you haven't yet deduced for yourself, yet, Sev: *I* am more than moderately high maintenance. My husband would use different terminology, however. Most men would say terrifyingly high maintenance. Anyhoo, accolades aside, I agree with your assessment. She gets paid to entertain. Period. This is where they all go off the rails and assume that the consumer public actually gives a rat's fat patootie about their opinions and policies. For example: Roseanne Barr, that idiot Fran Drescher, even Steve Tyler of Aerosmith, what's his name from U2, Boner? Bonehead? Bono? They begin to take themselves seriously and assume that we will also. They typically profile themselves as uninformed, uneducated, and so far out of their lane that implosion is imminent. I saw a talk show interview with Kid Rock roughly 5 years ago or so. And though it was obvious he had the coarsest most rudimentary handle on being Right minded, he was so painfully uneducated that he could barely articulate his views. (Nostalgically,I remember Kid Rock only because that "Bawitdaba" song was blasting at a venue during one of mine and the Man's first dates.) I think the same thing befalls most of them. Swift's old enough to now to govern herself responsibly or she'll soon learn the pricey lesson of sticking to what she knows how to do equates to good job security.

This post has been edited by HardRightBambi: 16 October 2018 - 11:05 AM

#31 User is offline   HardRightBambi 

Posted 16 October 2018 - 02:54 PM

View Postgravelrash, on 16 October 2018 - 10:40 AM, said:

It's just all too predictable. Too bad, I thought she was a good, clean cut girl. Obviously, the vermin have succeeded in poisoning her mind.

#32 User is offline   Mad Jack 

• Tooooo Sweeeet
  • Group: Silver

Posted 16 October 2018 - 03:34 PM

I'm not happy to vote for Blackburn, but I will over Bredesen.

This post has been edited by Mad Jack: 16 October 2018 - 03:37 PM

#33 User is online   Censport 

• @CensportRacing

Posted 16 October 2018 - 07:59 PM

View PostLadybird, on 16 October 2018 - 10:38 AM, said:

Ms. Swift released a sober and straightforward statement on her support of Bredsen, and her reasons for it. It wasnít some crazy outburst or celebrity media event, she just let her fans know her opinion. Aside from the heartbroken Alt-right fans, I doubt it will be a detriment to her career. I donít follow the latest in popular music, but she strikes me as more middle of the road than The Dixie Chicks, and itís not like she has been accused (at least not by sane people) of being unpatriotic or treasonous.

Well at least you called it her opinion, and not "her truth". Because her opinion is factually incorrect.

Share this topic:

• 2 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users