RightNation.US
News (Home) | Righters' Blog | Hollywood Halfwits | Our Store | New User Intro | Link to us | Support Us

RightNation.US: Heitkamp apologizes after ad mistakenly named women - RightNation.US

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Heitkamp apologizes after ad mistakenly named women Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   Ben Cranklin 

• Satiric Curmudgeon
  • Group: Gold

Posted 16 October 2018 - 05:33 PM

Heitkamp apologizes after ad mistakenly named women as sexual assault survivors
By JAMES ARKIN
| 10/16/2018 03:57 PM EDT
| Updated 10/16/2018 05:14 PM EDT

North Dakota Democratic Sen. Heidi Heitkamp apologized Tuesday after her campaign included names of several women without their permission in an open letter from sexual assault survivors criticizing her Republican opponent.

Heitkamp's campaign ran the open letter targeting GOP Rep. Kevin Cramer in a North Dakota newspaper, criticizing recent comments Cramer made about the #MeToo movement and sexual assault survivors. The ad was signed by more than 100 women. But a conservative blog on Tuesday posted Facebook comments from several women who said their names were included without their knowledge or permission, and Heitkamp acknowledged the mistake and apologized.

“We recently discovered that several of the women’s names who were provided to us did not authorize their names to be shared or were not survivors of abuse,” Heitkamp said in a statement. “I deeply regret this mistake and we are in the process of issuing a retraction, personally apologizing to each of the people impacted by this and taking the necessary steps to ensure this never happens again.”

The error comes just as Heitkamp kicked off a three-week drive to erase her polling deficit in heavily Republican-leaning North Dakota.

Link

#2 User is online   Dean Adam Smithee 

• School of the Cold Hard Facts
  • View gallery
  • Group: Platinum Community Supporter

Posted 16 October 2018 - 05:43 PM

Is there a HIPAA violation in there somewhere?

Oh, I could pencil-whip this person into oblivion.

#3 User is offline   firecoco 

• Yes! We! Can!
  • Group: Gold

Posted 16 October 2018 - 06:32 PM

Goodbye Heidi

#4 User is offline   gravelrash 

• I wish they all were punk rock girls
  • Group: +Copper Community Supporter

Posted 16 October 2018 - 07:13 PM

I'm beginning to wonder if the "leaks" of Ford's letter now the Heitkamp petition are doubleface. The one side is to attack a political opponent. The second serves as a warning to women NOT to report actual sexual assault lest they be exposed and traumatized further.

Why do I think the second? I think of Occupy Wall Street. The rape tents. How women within the OWS protests had set up safe spaces within the camps. An outlier reason to one reason that the Left wants abortion on demand. Sex with impunity for men and keep the women silent in shame.

#5 User is offline   RedSoloCup 

• <no title>
  • Group: +Copper Community Supporter

Posted 17 October 2018 - 06:57 AM

Bitch, be gone.

#6 User is offline   HardRightBambi 

• Right is Right and Left is Sinister
  • Group: +Bronze Community Supporter

Posted 17 October 2018 - 01:28 PM

View Postgravelrash, on 16 October 2018 - 07:13 PM, said:

I'm beginning to wonder if the "leaks" of Ford's letter now the Heitkamp petition are doubleface. The one side is to attack a political opponent. The second serves as a warning to women NOT to report actual sexual assault lest they be exposed and traumatized further.

Why do I think the second? I think of Occupy Wall Street. The rape tents. How women within the OWS protests had set up safe spaces within the camps. An outlier reason to one reason that the Left wants abortion on demand. Sex with impunity for men and keep the women silent in shame.

I think I remember hearing about those rape tents back during OWS. The story didn't seem to gain much traction, tho' Where was the MeToo crew back then? No one took issue with that?

#7 User is offline   BootsieBets 

• <no title>
  • Group: +Silver Community Supporter

Posted 17 October 2018 - 02:12 PM

Uh oh.

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users