RightNation.US
News (Home) | Righters' Blog | Hollywood Halfwits | Our Store | New User Intro | Link to us | Support Us

RightNation.US: Chrissie Hynde Pens Kind Letter To Trump, Reveals She Allowed Rush - RightNation.US

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Chrissie Hynde Pens Kind Letter To Trump, Reveals She Allowed Rush Limbaugh To Use Her Song Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   Liz 

• Group: Moderator

Posted 19 February 2020 - 02:09 AM

Chrissie Hynde Pens Kind Letter To Trump, Reveals She Allowed Rush Limbaugh To Use Her Song

The Washington Times
By Jessica Chasmar
Tuesday, February 18, 2020

Excerpt:

The Pretenders frontwoman Chrissie Hynde on Monday penned an open letter to President Trump saying her late father “would have enjoyed” his presidency and would have been “delighted” to see the president award Rush Limbaugh with the Medal of Freedom.

“Dear Mr. President, I often think of how much my father, Melville ‘Bud’ Hynde, who proudly served his country as a Marine on Guadalcanal, would have enjoyed your Presidency,” Ms. Hynde tweeted, directly tagging the president.

The 68-year-old guitarist and singer revealed that her father also liked Mr. Limbaugh, who used her song “My City Was Gone” on his syndicated radio show with her permission.

“The other day when you gave that award to Rush Limbaugh, my father would have been so delighted,” she wrote. “He loved listening to Rush, which is why I allowed my song, ‘My City Was Gone’, to be used on his radio show. My father and I didn’t always see eye-to-eye. We argued a lot but isn’t that the American way? The right to disagree without having your head chopped off?”

Ms. Hynde then got to the heart of her message, which was to urge Mr. Trump to work to secure the release of WikiLeaks founder Julian Assange, who now faces extradition to the U.S.

*snip*

Full Story

#2 User is offline   Rock N' Roll Right Winger 

• Pissing off all of the right people
  • Group: Silver

Posted 19 February 2020 - 05:26 AM

I remember the big flap over Chrissy trying to prevent Rush from using her song because she did not like Rush. She even tried to take him to court to stop it.

Rush said that he had bought the rights/license to use her song from the record company and that she had no legal recourse to do anything to prevent it and that he had already been using it for years until Chrissy had suddenly decided to make a legal case out of it.

So Chrissy isn't telling the whole story/truth here about "letting him use her song".

But it's nice that her attitude towards Rush has changed since (due to her father) because she was being quite the angry spiteful liberal towards him way back then. Again I'm going from my memory because I had listened to those shows everyday back then as this whole song flap had played out.

This post has been edited by Rock N' Roll Right Winger: 19 February 2020 - 05:31 AM

#3 User is online   erp 

• Undead Undead Undead
  • Group: Silver

Posted 19 February 2020 - 05:51 AM

View PostRock N, on 19 February 2020 - 05:26 AM, said:

I remember the big flap over Chrissy trying to prevent Rush from using her song because she did not like Rush. She even tried to take him to court to stop it.

Rush said that he had bought the rights/license to use her song from the record company and that she had no legal recourse to do anything to prevent it and that he had already been using it for years until Chrissy had suddenly decided to make a legal case out of it.

So Chrissy isn't telling the whole story/truth here about "letting him use her song".

But it's nice that her attitude towards Rush has changed since (due to her father) because she was being quite the angry spiteful liberal towards him way back then. Again I'm going from my memory because I had listened to those shows everyday back then as this whole song flap had played out.

Not exactly like that.

https://www.rushlimb...theme_song/amp/

#4 User is offline   Mrdirt73 

• Not everyone gets to be an astronaut when they grow up.
  • Group: Bronze

Posted 19 February 2020 - 08:59 AM

View Posterp, on 19 February 2020 - 05:51 AM, said:

Thanks, that's more in line with what I remembered.

#5 User is offline   gravelrash 

• I wish they all were punk rock girls
  • Group: +Copper Community Supporter

Posted 20 February 2020 - 12:01 AM

The rumour goes that "Back on the Chain Gang" is Chrissy Hynde's ode to a band member whom she encouraged to commit suicide. The "If you don't love me then I'll kill myself" carried out.

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users