RightNation.US
News (Home) | Righters' Blog | Hollywood Halfwits | Our Store | New User Intro | Link to us | Support Us

RightNation.US: Newt Wants To Be Our Next President - RightNation.US

Jump to content

-----
After listening to Newt Gingrich on Hannity's radio show yesterday and watching him tonight on Hannity and Colmes, I am convinced that he wants to be our next President. Sean asked him yesterday if he was considering running in 2012 and Alan asked him the same question tonight and in both instances he was quite firm in his positive response. While he did not declare that he was running, he did make it clear that he would seriously consider it.

I had suspected that Newt planned on running in this past election or at least he was going to float some trial balloons when he discovered that it would be illegal for him to do so and still run or be involved in his beloved "American Solutions" project. I recall how angry he got when this came to his attention, to the point where he was unable to hide his emotions.

I believe he learned his lesson about playing it coy and that is the reason he is already making such strong comments to keep his name in the public sphere of possible candidates for 2012.

Something else I noticed tonight, when he was talking about Republican Governors and how important it is for the GOP to put emphasis on State governorships, was that the one Governor he did not mention until Sean brought her up was Sarah Palin. Then once Sean did say her name, Newt naturally praised her (unlike McCain) right away and stated that she would make a great Senator if Senator Stevens from Alaska ends up having to step down. He also mentioned that Sarah should run for Governor again if the Senate seat doesn't open up and that he was sure she could win again, handily. I got the impression that he really wanted her to run for Senator as a way to get her out of the way and for her to be tainted as they all are once they enter the Senate.

Yet the one thing he did not mention was the fact that the latest polls show the majority of Republicans would like to see Sarah run for the top job in 2012, at least at this point in time.

I took this as Newt doing his best to undermine her National Standing while still trying to follow Reagan's 11th Commandment.

That's not to say that I'm sure Sarah is ready yet for the top job even though she has obviously found a place in my heart.

Still I believe Newt badly wants to be our next President and after listening to him describe how his baby American Solutions decides what policies to push, I'm even more convinced. He stated that they only take on projects that are supported by a majority of Americans, Republicans, Democrats and Independents. He called this the red, white and blue approach instead of the red verses blue approach.

What better way to win a majority of the votes for President than to push for solutions that most everyone can appreciate. He gave his "Drill Here, Drill Now" plan as an example since the majority of people of all stripes support drilling here in the homeland.

At this point, I am personally not all that enthralled with a Gingrich run but I do know that those who like him, really like him. I would like a leader who could explain things to the American people in a way they could understand but Newt? Aren't we ready for some new blood? Or is his brain and ability to come up with ideas worth more than all the oil in Alaska and Louisiana combined?

Elusively yours,
ilja
0
  Like

20 Comments On This Entry

I could vote for him ... however I would like Sarah to get the nomination.
0
I do not like him. I don't hate him at much as the MSM, but that's not saying much. I would like to be able to vote for someone who I admire.
0
It's partially Newt's fault that the Dems regained control of Congress, and now the White House IMHO. The man has too many skeletons in the closet and too much baggage to be an effective legislator or party leader. Let's face it, Newt represents the past and a lot of what is/was wrong with the GOP. I know that conservatives can do so much better without recycling the has-beens and wanna-bes.
0
I mostly like Newt, and like how he handles the press, but he's got way too much baggage. In the 90s he was like the Rush Limbaugh of politicians to the MSM and even though it would be years later, all that hatred would resurface.

We definitely need new blood....
0
BTW -- I just noticed the graphic in your sidebar -- the purple one with the moon. Lori like. :biglaugh:
0
I can respect Newt as one of of the right's foremost intellectuals - He not only has a solid grasp of history and conservative principles, but he can also explain the stuff with a vibrancy than no one else even comes close to. Listening to Mr. Gingrich lecture on history or politics is like listening to the late Richard Feynman lecture on physics or Dr. Linus Pauling lecture on chemistry - Like them, he not only brings the topic to life but also makes it accessible so that even a layman can grasp the deepest core principles.

However, as much as I respect him intellectually, I don't think he'd make a good presidential candidate because of his character/moral failings.
0
I like Newt for his ideas but not the way he treated his wives. But he is too old to run for President in 2012.
0

Adam Smithee, on Nov 12 2008, 09:26 PM, said:

I can respect Newt as one of of the right's foremost intellectuals - He not only has a solid grasp of history and conservative principles, but he can also explain the stuff with a vibrancy than no one else even comes close to. Listening to Mr. Gingrich lecture on history or politics is like listening to the late Richard Feynman lecture on physics or Dr. Linus Pauling lecture on chemistry - Like them, he not only brings the topic to life but also makes it accessible so that even a layman can grasp the deepest core principles.

However, as much as I respect him intellectually, I don't think he'd make a good presidential candidate because of his character/moral failings.

This is kind of my thinking as well...at least the first paragraph.
He's one of my faves. Don't think he'll run for President in the future, and if he should, don't think he'd do that well.
0
*sigh* No, not Newt for POTUS. I would love to see him as RNC chair, but not president. But this is what I've come to expect.
0

HeinleinWasRight, on Nov 12 2008, 09:44 PM, said:

I could vote for him ... however I would like Sarah to get the nomination.

Yeah, I could vote for him too. I suspect he could probably do a good job of wooing me too but I don't trust him for some reason. I think it has something to do with the commercial he made about Global Warming and his buddying up with the Clintons at one time.

As for Sarah, yeah she's my #1 choice for now.
0

Mollywalk, on Nov 12 2008, 09:44 PM, said:

I do not like him. I don't hate him at much as the MSM, but that's not saying much. I would like to be able to vote for someone who I admire.

I have mixed feelings about him. Mostly, I've just noticed how much some people seem to think he is the bomb and wonder why they feel that way. Unfortunately, he was the big man prior to my paying much attention to politics.
0

Guest_Il Cuore_*, on Nov 12 2008, 09:55 PM, said:

Newt is the past. He has had a good run as a talking head, and has promoted some good ideas. But his moral character (leaving a wife dying with cancer for a trophy wife) put off a lot of Republicans, and he has so much baggage about book deals, and so on that Democrats would crucify him.

Unfortunately, a slight majority of the country has shown that they prefer "cool" and new over age and experience. That cuts out Gingrich. Fortunately, the Republican Party has a tremendous group of young, experienced, talented GOP governors and others like Michael Steele who are far more appealing than the baggage laden Gingrich.

Gringrich would serve conservative principals and the Republican party far better by staying in the background as a seasoned advisor.

:biglaugh: I agree with pretty much everything you said, escept for the last part. I would like to see him more in the public arena as long as he's pushing for Conservative ideas.
0

leftcoast, right winger, on Nov 12 2008, 09:58 PM, said:

It's partially Newt's fault that the Dems regained control of Congress, and now the White House IMHO. The man has too many skeletons in the closet and too much baggage to be an effective legislator or party leader. Let's face it, Newt represents the past and a lot of what is/was wrong with the GOP. I know that conservatives can do so much better without recycling the has-beens and wanna-bes.

You've got me stumped. How is Newt responsible for the mess Congress has made since he's been gone? :biglaugh:
0

Lori, on Nov 12 2008, 10:05 PM, said:

I mostly like Newt, and like how he handles the press, but he's got way too much baggage. In the 90s he was like the Rush Limbaugh of politicians to the MSM and even though it would be years later, all that hatred would resurface.

We definitely need new blood....

Sometimes you feel like a vampire, sometimes you don't. I feel like a Barnabus Collins and am tired of having to vote for the Quentin Collins. link http://i147.photobuc...203/woofpup.gif
0

Lori, on Nov 12 2008, 10:08 PM, said:

BTW -- I just noticed the graphic in your sidebar -- the purple one with the moon. Lori like. :wtf:

Thank you. :biglaugh: I'm overdue to change it, though.
0

Adam Smithee, on Nov 12 2008, 10:26 PM, said:

I can respect Newt as one of of the right's foremost intellectuals - He not only has a solid grasp of history and conservative principles, but he can also explain the stuff with a vibrancy than no one else even comes close to. Listening to Mr. Gingrich lecture on history or politics is like listening to the late Richard Feynman lecture on physics or Dr. Linus Pauling lecture on chemistry - Like them, he not only brings the topic to life but also makes it accessible so that even a layman can grasp the deepest core principles.

However, as much as I respect him intellectually, I don't think he'd make a good presidential candidate because of his character/moral failings.

That's just it. I just don't understand why it's so hard to find that type of communication skill in most of our other Conservative leaders. How did these people get to where they are without the ability to sell an idea? It's just baffling to this novice. :biglaugh:
0

ohmyrus, on Nov 13 2008, 12:58 AM, said:

I like Newt for his ideas but not the way he treated his wives. But he is too old to run for President in 2012.

How many wives has he had?
0

shoelifters, on Nov 13 2008, 04:41 AM, said:

Adam Smithee, on Nov 12 2008, 09:26 PM, said:

I can respect Newt as one of of the right's foremost intellectuals - He not only has a solid grasp of history and conservative principles, but he can also explain the stuff with a vibrancy than no one else even comes close to. Listening to Mr. Gingrich lecture on history or politics is like listening to the late Richard Feynman lecture on physics or Dr. Linus Pauling lecture on chemistry - Like them, he not only brings the topic to life but also makes it accessible so that even a layman can grasp the deepest core principles.

However, as much as I respect him intellectually, I don't think he'd make a good presidential candidate because of his character/moral failings.

This is kind of my thinking as well...at least the first paragraph.
He's one of my faves. Don't think he'll run for President in the future, and if he should, don't think he'd do that well.

I was wondering if you were one of his main fans. I know there are some on this board who get excited any time Newt's name is brought up but it seems most of them aren't posting in this thread.
0

Mr. Naron, on Nov 13 2008, 09:16 AM, said:

*sigh* No, not Newt for POTUS. I would love to see him as RNC chair, but not president. But this is what I've come to expect.

I really am getting quite tired of the Republican Party. They never seem to learn. :biglaugh:
0

ilja, on Nov 13 2008, 09:51 PM, said:

shoelifters, on Nov 13 2008, 04:41 AM, said:

Adam Smithee, on Nov 12 2008, 09:26 PM, said:

I can respect Newt as one of of the right's foremost intellectuals - He not only has a solid grasp of history and conservative principles, but he can also explain the stuff with a vibrancy than no one else even comes close to. Listening to Mr. Gingrich lecture on history or politics is like listening to the late Richard Feynman lecture on physics or Dr. Linus Pauling lecture on chemistry - Like them, he not only brings the topic to life but also makes it accessible so that even a layman can grasp the deepest core principles.

However, as much as I respect him intellectually, I don't think he'd make a good presidential candidate because of his character/moral failings.

This is kind of my thinking as well...at least the first paragraph.
He's one of my faves. Don't think he'll run for President in the future, and if he should, don't think he'd do that well.

I was wondering if you were one of his main fans. I know there are some on this board who get excited any time Newt's name is brought up but it seems most of them aren't posting in this thread.

Well I won't say I'm one of his main fans. I'm not a groupy or anything. lol.
Gingrich has'nt been in government for years, nor a politician.
He's smart, knows the issues, I enjoy his commentary.
0
Page 1 of 1

ilja's Corny Corner

A Doctor, A Lawyer, A Little Boy And A Priest
A doctor, a lawyer, a little boy and a priest were out for a Sunday afternoon flight on a small private plane. Suddenly, the plane developed engine trouble. In spite of the best efforts of the pilot, the plane started to go down. Finally, the pilot grabbed a parachute, yelled to the passengers that they had better jump, and then he bailed out.

Unfortunately, there were only three parachutes remaining. The doctor grabbed one and said "I'm a doctor, I save lives, so I must live," and jumped out.

The lawyer then said, "I'm a lawyer and lawyers are the smartest people in the world. I deserve to live." He also grabbed a parachute and jumped.

The priest looked at the little boy and said, "My son, I've lived a long and full life. You are young and have your whole life ahead of you. Take the last parachute and live in peace."

The little boy handed the parachute back to the priest and said, "Not to worry, Father. The 'smartest man in the world' just took off with my back pack."

link

1 user(s) viewing

1 Guests
0 member(s)
0 anonymous member(s)

ilja's Favorite RightNation Quotes

View Postspt, on 03 May 2011 - 05:32 PM, said:

I think maybe we should all go for a drink and ask for the new drink....it is called the Bin Laden...2 shots and a splash of water :drinkers: :drinkers:
http://i147.photobuc.../lmaosmiley.gif

View PostBrian Fellow, on 15 December 2012 - 02:45 PM, said:

Sorry was busy reading a tweet from an adamant 'pro-choice' person about gun control and 'how many children have to die before we do something'?

http://i147.photobuc...%202/anj_up.gif A perfect example of both irony and hypocrisy.

Quote

John Mauldin relates the details of a conversation he had with John Boehner, the Speaker of the House of Representatives.

At the :50 Maudlin describes Boehner telling him that Obama has,
“…balls made out of marshmallows…”

View PostSonofThunder, on 26 February 2013 - 05:47 AM, said:

If that is true, why do we see Boehner continually backing down and rolling over while Obama stands firm and never compromises?

View PostGertie Keddle, on 26 February 2013 - 06:34 AM, said:

'Cause he's a Campfire Girl?
http://i147.photobuc...06/kneeslap.gif

NEVER FORGET!

Staff Sgt. Matt Maupin’s long road home ended Saturday in a blaze of yellow ribbons, the silent tribute of people who lined the roads, and the respect of thousands more who filed past his coffin at a public visitation . . . “If four people showed up, that’s OK with me,” said Keith Maupin, the soldier’s father, as he took a mid-afternoon break outside the Civic Center, where many came up to him to shake his hand or give him a hug . . . Matt Maupin became the face of the war in Iraq for thousands here and across the country in April 2004, when an Arab TV station aired a tape showing the Union Township soldier kneeling and surrounded by masked men carrying automatic rifles . . .Four years and millions of prayers later, a tip from an Iraqi citizen led U.S. soldiers to the farm area northwest of Baghdad where Matt Maupin’s remains were found on March 20 . . .Scoutmaster David Bacon said the boys of Troop 511 had been well aware of the story of Matt Maupin and wanted to pay their own tribute.“I’ve talked to them many times about Matt,” said Bacon, whose cousin, Lance Cpl. David Kreuter, was killed in Iraq in 2005. “They understand it was the sacrifice of young men like Matt that gives us the freedom to meet every Monday night. There are places in the world where Boy Scouting is not allowed.” http://i147.photobuc.../3yqo3h0.gifPFC Keith Matthew MaupinCaptured in IraqApril 9, 2004

We Owe Them So Much

http://i147.photobuc.../troopsspin.gifNever Mind the Cost by c.m.steppe ©2001 There's a young man far from home, Called in time of war; Sent to defend our freedom On some distant foreign shore. On some distant foreign shore. We pray You keep him safe, We pray You keep him strong, We pray You send him safely home ... For he's been away so long. For he's been away so long. There's a young woman far from home, Serving U.S.A. with pride. Her every step is strong and sure, Courage in every stride. Courage in every stride. We pray You keep her safe, We pray You keep her strong, We pray You send her safely home ... For she's been away too long. For she's been away too long. Bless those who wait their safe return. Bless those who mourn the lost. Bless those who serve this country well, Never mind the cost. Never mind the cost. God, Bless America!

Recent Entries

Disclaimer

Search My Blog

An Email From God?

I got this in an email today and though it doesn't say who wrote it, I don't doubt these things could have happened.'MEET ME IN THE STAIRWELL' You say you will never forget where you were when you heard the news On September 11, 2001. Neither will I. I was on the 110th floor in a smoke filled room with a man who called his wife to say 'Good-Bye.' I held his fingers steady as he dialed. I gave him the peace to say, 'Honey, I am not going to make it, but it is OK..I am ready to go.' I was with his wife when he called as she fed breakfast to their children. I held her up as she tried to understand his words and as she realized he wasn't coming home that night. I was in the stairwell of the 23rd floor when a woman cried out to Me for help. 'I have been knocking on the door of your heart for 50 years!' I said. 'Of course I will show you the way home - only believe in Me now.' I was at the base of the building with the Priest ministering to the injured and devastated souls. I took him home to tend to his Flock in Heaven. He heard my voice and answered. I was on all four of those planes, in every seat, with every prayer. I was with the crew as they were overtaken. I was in the very hearts of the believers there, comforting and assuring them that their faith has saved them. I was in Texas , Virginia , California , Michigan , Afghanistan ... I was standing next to you when you heard the terrible news. Did you sense Me? I want you to know that I saw every face. I knew every name - though not all know Me. Some met Me for the first time on the 86th floor. Some sought Me with their last breath. Some couldn't hear Me calling to them through the smoke and flames; 'Come to Me... this way... take my hand.' Some chose, for the final time, to ignore Me. But, I was there. I did not place you in the Tower that day. You may not know why, but I do. However, if you were there in that explosive moment in time, would you have reached for Me? Sept. 11, 2001, was not the end of the journey for you. But someday your journey will end. And I will be there for you as well. Seek Me now while I may be found. Then, at any moment, you know you are 'ready to go.' I will be in the stairwell of your final moments. God http://i147.photobuc...3/knowjesus.gif