RightNation.US
News (Home) | Righters' Blog | Hollywood Halfwits | Our Store | New User Intro | Link to us | Support Us

RightNation.US: No Bush Pardon For Compean and Ramos? - RightNation.US

-----
Fox and Friends had a guest on this morning who stated that President Bush has already denied the Pardon requests for former Border Patrol Agents Ignacio Ramos and Jose Compean. I did a Google search on it and could find nothing to that effect. This guest stated that he had talked to Tony Snow before his death and was told that President Bush believes these men are guilty and will never pardon them.

Per Bobby Eberle over at The Loft, Rep. Duncan Hunter issued the following press release in January of 2007:
"The Border Patrol is America's first line of defense against the constant and unrelenting efforts of drug and human smugglers to illegally enter the United States," said Congressman Hunter. "Agents Compean and Ramos fulfilled their responsibilities as Border Patrol agents and rightfully pursued a suspected and fleeing drug smuggler. It is irresponsible to punish them with jail time.

"The security situation on our Southern land border requires a strong law enforcement presence. This conviction demoralizes our nation's Border Patrol and sends a clear message that we are not serious about protecting our borders and enforcing our immigration laws."
In the meantime, as Bobby notes from the Washington Times, the president of the National Border Patrol Council, T. J. Bonner, had this to say about the illegal alien drug dealer involved in this case:
"Osvaldo Aldrete Davila should have been prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law for these felonies two years ago," said Mr. Bonner, whose group represents more than 12,000 Border Patrol agents. "This deliberate and unconscionable delay directly resulted in the wrongful incarceration of two innocent law-enforcement officers."

According to Drug Enforcement Administration documents obtained by The Times, DEA investigators believed they had sufficient evidence to indict Aldrete Davila in late 2005, but their requests to do so were denied by Mr. Sutton's office.
Sadly, Compean and Ramos lost their final appeal for a new trial in July when "the Fifth Circuit Court of Appeals reversed only an obstruction of justice count against the men, leaving their 11- and 12-year sentences unchanged." link

Per Alex Newman at TheNewAmerican.com, Monica Ramos wrote in a letter to supporters "Before we heard about the Fifth Circuit Court of Appeals decision, we had a glimmer of hope that Nacho [Ignacio] would be reunited with our family. You can only imagine how hard it was for my husband to hear the news from me. He immediately started to cry."
Ramos, who is being held at a federal detention facility in Phoenix, Arizona, and Compean, who is jailed in Ohio, are reportedly being held in solitary confinement for their own protection, with Ramos' wife saying that they were stuck in their cells 23 hours a day and only given the opportunity to shower three times per week. Ramos has been beaten severely while in prison. But despite the hardships, Ramos said in a letter that his faith is still strong and that the thousands of letters from supporters were lifting his spirits. A petition to President Bush for the pardon and release of the agents now has over 400,000 signatures.
If you would like to contact Compean and Ramos, they can be reached at:

Ignacio Ramos #58079-180
FCI Phoenix
Federal Correctional Institution
37910 N. 45th Ave.
Phoenix, AZ 85086

Jose Compean #58080-180
FCI Elkton
PO Box 10
Lisbon, OH 44432

I don't know about the rest of you but I plan on contacting President Bush regardless and praying that he reconsiders. I think it's about time that I actually wrote a couple of letters or at least send a couple of cards to let Compean and Ramos know that they are not forgotten.

Elusively yours,
ilja

12 Comments On This Entry

He better pardon them.
Dern tootin'!!!!

Actually, if Bush doesn't, the smart think for Obammy to do would be to walk into the Oval Office on the afternoon of Jan. 20 and make pardoning them the first thing on the agenda.

But nobody said he was smart....
So, should anyone (especially a Law Enforcement Officer who is there to uphold the law and set an example) be pardoned for their wrongdoings? Ramos and Compean broke the law; they lied; they tried to conceal evidence; they didn't follow procedures. Here, let Mr. Sutton explain it to you. "On July 28, 2008, the Fifth Circuit, in upholding the majority of Compean and Ramos'convictions, stated that “[t]he trial of the case was conducted fairly and without reversible error.”With today’s denial of a rehearing and a denial of an en banc hearing, I would again ask thatthose who have criticized the prosecution, generally relying upon misleading and at times falseversions of what happened, to re-evaluate their positions in light of the court record, including thedescription of the evidence provided by the Fifth Circuit opinion. I believe that those whounderstand the record and the evidence introduced at trial will realize that the actions of Compeanand Ramos in shooting an unarmed and fleeing suspect were serious crimes which had to beprosecuted in order to maintain the rule of law."The quoted areas are from this sitePlease re-read the case: http://www.usdoj.gov/usao/txw/press_releas...amos/index.htmlRamos and Compean had a fair trial and a very fair recent hearing in which they were both re-sentenced to their original sentences. But please read the case so you all understand the validity and the justice of this case - and why they are both incarcerated.

Crawdaddy550, on Nov 18 2008, 09:10 AM, said:

Dern tootin'!!!!

Actually, if Bush doesn't, the smart think for Obammy to do would be to walk into the Oval Office on the afternoon of Jan. 20 and make pardoning them the first thing on the agenda.

But nobody said he was smart....

I was thinking that this sure would be a great way for Obama to act as if he cares about the other side of the aisle unlike what he plans on doing which is adding RINOs to his cabinet.

FS3, on Nov 18 2008, 12:25 PM, said:

So, should anyone (especially a Law Enforcement Officer who is there to uphold the law and set an example) be pardoned for their wrongdoings?

Ramos and Compean broke the law; they lied; they tried to conceal evidence; they didn't follow procedures.

Here, let Mr. Sutton explain it to you.
"On July 28, 2008, the Fifth Circuit, in upholding the majority of Compean and Ramos'
convictions, stated that “[t]he trial of the case was conducted fairly and without reversible error.”
With today’s denial of a rehearing and a denial of an en banc hearing, I would again ask that
those who have criticized the prosecution, generally relying upon misleading and at times false
versions of what happened, to re-evaluate their positions in light of the court record, including the
description of the evidence provided by the Fifth Circuit opinion. I believe that those who
understand the record and the evidence introduced at trial will realize that the actions of Compean
and Ramos in shooting an unarmed and fleeing suspect were serious crimes which had to be
prosecuted in order to maintain the rule of law."

The quoted areas are from this site

Please re-read the case:

http://www.usdoj.gov/usao/txw/press_releas...amos/index.html

Ramos and Compean had a fair trial and a very fair recent hearing in which they were both re-sentenced to their original sentences.

But please read the case so you all understand the validity and the justice of this case - and why they are both incarcerated.

I have no respect for Johnny Sutton. He was way too dirty in his tactics.
Ilj, Mr. Suttons approach and the subsequent review by authorities all the way up to the President confirmed that Mr. Sutton was completely appropriate and correct in how he prosecuted Ramos and Compean. He did so to uphold United States Law.
Jury members stated that if they had known what a crook the illegal drug smuggler was, they would have come to a different decision. Compean and Ramos are serving more time in prison than the drug smuggler that they were trying to stop from smuggling drugs into our country. There is no excuse for the amount of punishment these two men are receiving. There is much more to the story than what Sutton claims which is why he refuses to be interviewed anymore. I will never understand why our border patrol guards are treated worse than those whose only intent was to cause harm to our citizens.

ilja, on Nov 18 2008, 06:36 PM, said:

Jury members stated that if they had known what a crook the illegal drug smuggler was, they would have come to a different decision. Compean and Ramos are serving more time in prison than the drug smuggler that they were trying to stop from smuggling drugs into our country.

--They fired at his back 15 times when he posed no threat. The drug dealer was and is scum, but Ramos and Compean broke the rules; broke the law and were busted. Two wrongs don't make a right.

ilja, on Nov 18 2008, 06:36 PM, said:

There is no excuse for the amount of punishment these two men are receiving.

--Actually there is, Ilj. They are Law Enforcement Officers who didn't do the right thing.

The Law was enforced.
Personally, I wish they had killed the filthy drug smuggler. Few things make me more angry than this travesty of justice and it will be a dark spot on George Bush' record. If I was a border agent, I'd be afraid to perform my duties with a fraud like Sutton on the bench.

east dallasite, on Nov 19 2008, 03:53 PM, said:

Personally, I wish they had killed the filthy drug smuggler. Few things make me more angry than this travesty of justice and it will be a dark spot on George Bush' record. If I was a border agent, I'd be afraid to perform my duties with a fraud like Sutton on the bench.

Exactly! I'm surprised they can get anyone to do this job anymore. As much as I'm appreciative of President Bush and am thankful he has been our President for the past eight years, I just can't excuse his behavior when it comes to Compean and Ramos.

ilja, on Nov 19 2008, 05:30 PM, said:

east dallasite, on Nov 19 2008, 03:53 PM, said:

Exactly! I'm surprised they can get anyone to do this job anymore. As much as I'm appreciative of President Bush and am thankful he has been our President for the past eight years, I just can't excuse his behavior when it comes to Compean and Ramos.

You guys are sadly unable to respect the differences between 'right' and 'wrong' in this case. The "drug dealer" is scum and was wrong by trying to enter this Country with dope. (He was subsequently arrested for a similar drug smuggling act about 2 years later and has been sentenced to 9 years in Prison).
And, Ramos and Compean shot at Davilla 15 TIMES, failed to report it; lied; attempted to cover-up and to hide evidence.

Two wrongs don't make a right.
I am with you Ilja.... Hopefuly Obama will listen to Senator Feinstein and pardon the two....
Page 1 of 1

ilja's Corny Corner

A Doctor, A Lawyer, A Little Boy And A Priest
A doctor, a lawyer, a little boy and a priest were out for a Sunday afternoon flight on a small private plane. Suddenly, the plane developed engine trouble. In spite of the best efforts of the pilot, the plane started to go down. Finally, the pilot grabbed a parachute, yelled to the passengers that they had better jump, and then he bailed out.

Unfortunately, there were only three parachutes remaining. The doctor grabbed one and said "I'm a doctor, I save lives, so I must live," and jumped out.

The lawyer then said, "I'm a lawyer and lawyers are the smartest people in the world. I deserve to live." He also grabbed a parachute and jumped.

The priest looked at the little boy and said, "My son, I've lived a long and full life. You are young and have your whole life ahead of you. Take the last parachute and live in peace."

The little boy handed the parachute back to the priest and said, "Not to worry, Father. The 'smartest man in the world' just took off with my back pack."

link

1 user(s) viewing

1 Guests
0 member(s)
0 anonymous member(s)

ilja's Favorite RightNation Quotes

View Postspt, on 03 May 2011 - 05:32 PM, said:

I think maybe we should all go for a drink and ask for the new drink....it is called the Bin Laden...2 shots and a splash of water :drinkers: :drinkers:
http://i147.photobuc.../lmaosmiley.gif

View PostBrian Fellow, on 15 December 2012 - 02:45 PM, said:

Sorry was busy reading a tweet from an adamant 'pro-choice' person about gun control and 'how many children have to die before we do something'?

http://i147.photobuc...%202/anj_up.gif A perfect example of both irony and hypocrisy.

John Mauldin relates the details of a conversation he had with John Boehner, the Speaker of the House of Representatives.

At the :50 Maudlin describes Boehner telling him that Obama has,
“…balls made out of marshmallows…”

View PostSonofThunder, on 26 February 2013 - 05:47 AM, said:

If that is true, why do we see Boehner continually backing down and rolling over while Obama stands firm and never compromises?

View PostGertie Keddle, on 26 February 2013 - 06:34 AM, said:

'Cause he's a Campfire Girl?
http://i147.photobuc...06/kneeslap.gif

NEVER FORGET!

Staff Sgt. Matt Maupin’s long road home ended Saturday in a blaze of yellow ribbons, the silent tribute of people who lined the roads, and the respect of thousands more who filed past his coffin at a public visitation . . . “If four people showed up, that’s OK with me,” said Keith Maupin, the soldier’s father, as he took a mid-afternoon break outside the Civic Center, where many came up to him to shake his hand or give him a hug . . . Matt Maupin became the face of the war in Iraq for thousands here and across the country in April 2004, when an Arab TV station aired a tape showing the Union Township soldier kneeling and surrounded by masked men carrying automatic rifles . . .Four years and millions of prayers later, a tip from an Iraqi citizen led U.S. soldiers to the farm area northwest of Baghdad where Matt Maupin’s remains were found on March 20 . . .Scoutmaster David Bacon said the boys of Troop 511 had been well aware of the story of Matt Maupin and wanted to pay their own tribute.“I’ve talked to them many times about Matt,” said Bacon, whose cousin, Lance Cpl. David Kreuter, was killed in Iraq in 2005. “They understand it was the sacrifice of young men like Matt that gives us the freedom to meet every Monday night. There are places in the world where Boy Scouting is not allowed.” http://i147.photobuc.../3yqo3h0.gifPFC Keith Matthew MaupinCaptured in IraqApril 9, 2004

We Owe Them So Much

http://i147.photobuc.../troopsspin.gifNever Mind the Cost by c.m.steppe ©2001 There's a young man far from home, Called in time of war; Sent to defend our freedom On some distant foreign shore. On some distant foreign shore. We pray You keep him safe, We pray You keep him strong, We pray You send him safely home ... For he's been away so long. For he's been away so long. There's a young woman far from home, Serving U.S.A. with pride. Her every step is strong and sure, Courage in every stride. Courage in every stride. We pray You keep her safe, We pray You keep her strong, We pray You send her safely home ... For she's been away too long. For she's been away too long. Bless those who wait their safe return. Bless those who mourn the lost. Bless those who serve this country well, Never mind the cost. Never mind the cost. God, Bless America!

Recent Entries

Disclaimer

Search My Blog

An Email From God?

I got this in an email today and though it doesn't say who wrote it, I don't doubt these things could have happened.'MEET ME IN THE STAIRWELL' You say you will never forget where you were when you heard the news On September 11, 2001. Neither will I. I was on the 110th floor in a smoke filled room with a man who called his wife to say 'Good-Bye.' I held his fingers steady as he dialed. I gave him the peace to say, 'Honey, I am not going to make it, but it is OK..I am ready to go.' I was with his wife when he called as she fed breakfast to their children. I held her up as she tried to understand his words and as she realized he wasn't coming home that night. I was in the stairwell of the 23rd floor when a woman cried out to Me for help. 'I have been knocking on the door of your heart for 50 years!' I said. 'Of course I will show you the way home - only believe in Me now.' I was at the base of the building with the Priest ministering to the injured and devastated souls. I took him home to tend to his Flock in Heaven. He heard my voice and answered. I was on all four of those planes, in every seat, with every prayer. I was with the crew as they were overtaken. I was in the very hearts of the believers there, comforting and assuring them that their faith has saved them. I was in Texas , Virginia , California , Michigan , Afghanistan ... I was standing next to you when you heard the terrible news. Did you sense Me? I want you to know that I saw every face. I knew every name - though not all know Me. Some met Me for the first time on the 86th floor. Some sought Me with their last breath. Some couldn't hear Me calling to them through the smoke and flames; 'Come to Me... this way... take my hand.' Some chose, for the final time, to ignore Me. But, I was there. I did not place you in the Tower that day. You may not know why, but I do. However, if you were there in that explosive moment in time, would you have reached for Me? Sept. 11, 2001, was not the end of the journey for you. But someday your journey will end. And I will be there for you as well. Seek Me now while I may be found. Then, at any moment, you know you are 'ready to go.' I will be in the stairwell of your final moments. God http://i147.photobuc...3/knowjesus.gif