RightNation.US
News (Home) | Righters' Blog | Hollywood Halfwits | Our Store | New User Intro | Link to us | Support Us

RightNation.US: Real Conservatives Will Boycott the NFL - RightNation.US

-----
If you are a "real" Conservative, then you will boycott the NFL for the remainder of this season at least. It is not right what they did to Rush Limbaugh. How dare they say he cannot invest in an NFL team simply because he's a Conservative. That is the same as them saying that you, as a Conservative, are not good enough to invest in the NFL. Therefore, you should follow their logic and not invest anything in the NFL including your time, money or fan support.

Rather Rush is your cup of tea or not, it cannot be argued that he is one of the major players in the Conservative movement of today. Without him, there is no way we would have gotten as far as we have, even if it's not far enough for most of our tastes. He is a living legend and we are privileged enough to be living during his time.

What happened to Rush is despicable. If that is not the very definition of slander, I don't know what is. The audacity of the drive-by media to repeat the rumors of Rush quotes even if they were being clever with their words implying they were just reporting what others were accusing Rush of was beyond the pale.

Then the nerve of the race-baiter kings, Sharpton and Jackson, after what they have really done, while not surprising, was disgusting.

How can we as Conservatives let the NFL get by with this when we wouldn't dare let any other industry do the same without repercussions? Do we have the integrity of character to stand up for one of our own or are we as spineless as the RINOs in our midst? Isn't football just a game or do we really worship at the altar of the goalposts?

While I know many of you will be appalled at my making such a statement as "real" Conservatives will boycott the NFL, I am planning on putting my money where my mouth is. I have been a football fanatic ever since I had a crush on that hunka hunka burning love football player that sat in front of me in my High School Math class . I have been a TN Titans fan ever since the Music City Miracle. Yet, I am willing to make the ultimate sacrifice and boycott watching any of their games for the rest of the season. How about you?

Elusively yours,
ilja

21 Comments On This Entry

Good for you Ilja! :nanner:

I join you in this. No more NFL footbal for me. The crap that those players do is way worse than any supposed insult Rush may have uttered. And if we look at who owns the teams right now, would they all pass this same test? I doubt it.

We will only get respect when we make the consequenes of this blatant anti-American act known to the NFL. I suspect way more conservatives than liberals watch the NFL. Let's band together and make our clout known.
Sometimes I watch football with my brother-in-law, but never on my own. Avoiding football will be easy now though, I'll just think of how unfairly Rush Limbaugh has been treated, and how forgiving the NFL has been of the animal torturer and killer Michael Vick.
Way ahead of you here. I've been boycotting the NFL for the last 6 or 7 seasons. I can't remember exactly how long as I've lost total interest in it.
I am also boycotting PTI (Pardon the Interruption) on ESPN. And I do like football. But I will get my "fix" from the college games.

Oh, and good to read you again, ilja!
Other than see a couple of sports headline reports on news Websites, I haven't seen, nor heard any NFL games or halftime shows. Thankfully, I found several alternatives to fill my time. Watched a few CSI shows on Spike, and NCIS on USA, plus some Discovery Channel. Peeped in on a few segments on History where the 'Trofers' were getting a chance to make further fools of themselves.

All in all, it's actually been a very pleasant day. :nanner:
I won't spend a penny on the NFL this season, but I will watch every game that I can.

That being said, those games are fewer and far between with a 10 month old in the house. I have only been to one home and one away college game this season (my alma mater is Marshall University ......I traveled to the game against Virginia Tech....Tech supporters are some of the most gracious and hospitable fans).....I have missed two or three home games including homecoming.

No offense, but even Rush won't be boycotting the NFL the rest of the season. He will actually be spending money to go to the games.

You are aware that the Pittsburgh Steelers play the Dolphins in Miami this season? That isn't a long trip from where Rush Limbaugh lives. He is friendly with Wayne Huizenga......still a partial owner of the Dolphins. I will bet you any amount of money that Rush will be at that game.

dutch13, on Oct 18 2009, 09:46 PM, said:

I won't spend a penny on the NFL this season, but I will watch every game that I can.

That being said, those games are fewer and far between with a 10 month old in the house. I have only been to one home and one away college game this season (my alma mater is Marshall University ......I traveled to the game against Virginia Tech....Tech supporters are some of the most gracious and hospitable fans).....I have missed two or three home games including homecoming.
No offense, but even Rush won't be boycotting the NFL the rest of the season. He will actually be spending money to go to the games.
You are aware that the Pittsburgh Steelers play the Dolphins in Miami this season? That isn't a long trip from where Rush Limbaugh lives. He is friendly with Wayne Huizenga......still a partial owner of the Dolphins. I will bet you any amount of money that Rush will be at that game.

If you're watching it you're supporting them financially by watching advertisements, which those advertisers pay big bucks for.

I haven't been following this controversy but I only watch or care about college football. Hook em' Horns!
Timothy is right. If you watch on television, you are supporting them. You are saying "Hooray Micheal Vick, thanks fro torturing dogs. Hooray for shutting out Rush Limbaigh based upon his opinions.".

Sorry folks, but sometime principles require sacrifice. If you aren't prepared to sarifice, the lay there like a doormat and keep quiet.
Not a tough bandwagon for me to jump on, as I've been boycotting the NFL my entire life. I simply have no interest. I know, it's strange. I think it has to do with my dad, who never showed any interest in sports whatsoever. I'm gonna try to break the cycle with my kid though, get him into baseball.
I've watched the NFL on and off, but not now. However, I don't think just avoiding the games is enough. It would probably drive the point home more effectively if the teams and their sponsors heard from those participating in a boycott.
I enjoy watching football. That being said, I would rather see a petition started to have the NFL commissioner boot Keith Olbermann fromt he Sunday night broadcast since he too is very controversial and does not say nice things. If it is good for Rush, then it's good for that four-eyed @sshole geek.

Whitey, on Oct 19 2009, 12:58 AM, said:

Timothy is right. If you watch on television, you are supporting them. You are saying "Hooray Micheal Vick, thanks fro torturing dogs. Hooray for shutting out Rush Limbaigh based upon his opinions.".

Sorry folks, but sometime principles require sacrifice. If you aren't prepared to sarifice, the lay there like a doormat and keep quiet.

So you are saying that Rush should just lay there like a doormat and keep quiet?

I guess that you can all just write me off as a non-conservative because I won't join your boycott party.

Wait, wait...... I don't want to be ex-communicated.....how about if I just run a cable line from my neighbors house and watch off his cable....and I swear that I won't shop at any of the advertisers? That way, my cable box will look like I am watching lifetime. Will that be good enough to keep me in the conservative tent?
My beloved team, the New England Patriots had a great game yesterday, shutting out Tennessee 59-0 in the cold New England snow (I love snow games!) and I'll miss watching., but I have a lot of reading to do anyway.

Tank Riggins brought up a real good point, which Juan Willliams mentioned on the Chris Wallace Sunday show on FOX. Why is Keith Olbermann allowed to stay on TV as a commentator during NFL games after all the out and out lying crap he's dished out about conservatives and Republicans? Not a peep about that. How hypocritical, but very typical of liberals.
Olbemann isn't an owner.

The NFL didn't officially block Rush Limbaugh.

Dave Checketts chickened out.

I am as pissed off as anyone ABOUT WHAT THE MEDIA AND LEFTWING DID TO RUSH.......but you all are missing the big picture.

Who gives a flying :nanner: about the NFL?!?!?!?! You are allowing yourselves to be distracted.

Shouldn't you be giving your emphasis to calling your senators and congressman about the bills that they may be voting for?????

If that is what you are doing instead of wasting your time with the NFL, then that is fantastic....time better spent.

Please don't say that "REAL CONSERVATIVES" will boycott the NFL and fake conservatives will continue to watch it. That type of BS gets a big :hole:.

dutch13, on Oct 19 2009, 01:20 PM, said:

Olbemann isn't an owner.
The NFL didn't officially block Rush Limbaugh.
Dave Checketts chickened out.
I am as pissed off as anyone ABOUT WHAT THE MEDIA AND LEFTWING DID TO RUSH.......but you all are missing the big picture.
Who gives a flying :nanner: about the NFL?!?!?!?! You are allowing yourselves to be distracted.
Shouldn't you be giving your emphasis to calling your senators and congressman about the bills that they may be voting for?????
If that is what you are doing instead of wasting your time with the NFL, then that is fantastic....time better spent.
Please don't say that "REAL CONSERVATIVES" will boycott the NFL and fake conservatives will continue to watch it. That type of BS gets a big :hole:.

Dutch, I had to edit your post because I didn't want to delete it and I don't want that kind of language in my Blog. Why don't you get off of your high horse and re-read my Blog? You might see it differently if you read it to the last word.
No offense to you Ilja, but giving up the Tennessee Titans isn't exactly that much of a sacrifice this year. You picked a great week to start your boycott......as a matter of fact, the network gave up on them in the middle of the 3rd quarter.

I read it to the last word......again, and it hasn't changed.

How can we as Conservatives let the NFL get by with this when we wouldn't dare let any other industry do the same without repercussions? Do we have the integrity of character to stand up for one of our own or are we as spineless as the RINOs in our midst? Isn't football just a game or do we really worship at the altar of the goalposts?

While I know many of you will be appalled at my making such a statement as "real" Conservatives will boycott the NFL, I am planning on putting my money where my mouth is. I have been a football fanatic ever since I had a crush on that hunka hunka burning love football player that sat in front of me in my High School Math class . I have been a TN Titans fan ever since the Music City Miracle. Yet, I am willing to make the ultimate sacrifice and boycott watching any of their games for the rest of the season. How about you?

Elusively yours,
ilja

I don't understand the boycott of the NFL "in support of Rush" when Rush, himself, won't be boycotting the NFL.

What I said stands. The NFL didn't block Rush. Dave Checketts dropped him after the Media lied about Rush. Maybe you should get folks to boycott the media and ESPN since they are the real problems. When every media outlet lies that Rush said something, Roger Goodell reacted to what he thought were real quotes.

Who is the final arbiter on what "real conservatives" should or should not do? Will you agree with me on other topics if I simply include the sentence, "Do we have the integrity of character to stand up for one of our own or are we as spineless as the RINOs in our midst?"

dutch13, on Oct 19 2009, 08:57 PM, said:

No offense to you Ilja, but giving up the Tennessee Titans isn't exactly that much of a sacrifice this year. You picked a great week to start your boycott......as a matter of fact, the network gave up on them in the middle of the 3rd quarter.
I read it to the last word......again, and it hasn't changed.
I don't understand the boycott of the NFL "in support of Rush" when Rush, himself, won't be boycotting the NFL.
What I said stands. The NFL didn't block Rush. Dave Checketts dropped him after the Media lied about Rush. Maybe you should get folks to boycott the media and ESPN since they are the real problems. When every media outlet lies that Rush said something, Roger Goodell reacted to what he thought were real quotes.

Who is the final arbiter on what "real conservatives" should or should not do? Will you agree with me on other topics if I simply include the sentence, "Do we have the integrity of character to stand up for one of our own or are we as spineless as the RINOs in our midst?"

By George, you almost had it! :nanner:

Yes, I know my title was provocative as were many of my words. Don't get me wrong, I truly feel that this is an important issue and much more than just about Rush. However, now re-read your first 1 1/2 sentences and you might understand me better.
I posted comments similar to dutch yesterday that either didn't go through for some reason or not accepted. I don't know which.
Goodell and Irsay should have kept their mouth shut and let the process play out. Instead it was decided in the media. I had added that "conservative" hockey fans should boycott Blues games. Checketts is the one who backed out after telling Rush that he didn't care that there would be a media firestorm with him on the ownership team. Maybe the majority of the owners would have voted for them. Goodell and Irsay acted irresponsibly by saying anything other than "my opinion will come out in the vote".
I agree with dutch, I will not boycott. The NFL is the best sport. And no, my allegiance isn't with the colts either, or it probably wouldn't be after Irsay opened his mouth. This guy, and his dad have been handed everything to them, no questions asked, since they've been here. The bottom line is, Rush was not denied by the NFL, to this point. Now we will never know because of some spineless owner.

jss-indy, on Oct 20 2009, 08:35 AM, said:

I posted comments similar to dutch yesterday that either didn't go through for some reason or not accepted. I don't know which.
Goodell and Irsay should have kept their mouth shut and let the process play out. Instead it was decided in the media. I had added that "conservative" hockey fans should boycott Blues games. Checketts is the one who backed out after telling Rush that he didn't care that there would be a media firestorm with him on the ownership team. Maybe the majority of the owners would have voted for them. Goodell and Irsay acted irresponsibly by saying anything other than "my opinion will come out in the vote".
I agree with dutch, I will not boycott. The NFL is the best sport. And no, my allegiance isn't with the colts either, or it probably wouldn't be after Irsay opened his mouth. This guy, and his dad have been handed everything to them, no questions asked, since they've been here. The bottom line is, Rush was not denied by the NFL, to this point. Now we will never know because of some spineless owner.

Your original post is on the first page of comments.

ilja, on Oct 20 2009, 11:05 AM, said:

jss-indy, on Oct 20 2009, 08:35 AM, said:

Your original post is on the first page of comments.

Then that is really odd. I only see one page of comments. When I click on page two I don't see any comments, and I don't see mine on page one.
  • 2 Pages +

ilja's Corny Corner

A Doctor, A Lawyer, A Little Boy And A Priest
A doctor, a lawyer, a little boy and a priest were out for a Sunday afternoon flight on a small private plane. Suddenly, the plane developed engine trouble. In spite of the best efforts of the pilot, the plane started to go down. Finally, the pilot grabbed a parachute, yelled to the passengers that they had better jump, and then he bailed out.

Unfortunately, there were only three parachutes remaining. The doctor grabbed one and said "I'm a doctor, I save lives, so I must live," and jumped out.

The lawyer then said, "I'm a lawyer and lawyers are the smartest people in the world. I deserve to live." He also grabbed a parachute and jumped.

The priest looked at the little boy and said, "My son, I've lived a long and full life. You are young and have your whole life ahead of you. Take the last parachute and live in peace."

The little boy handed the parachute back to the priest and said, "Not to worry, Father. The 'smartest man in the world' just took off with my back pack."

link

2 user(s) viewing

2 Guests
0 member(s)
0 anonymous member(s)

ilja's Favorite RightNation Quotes

View Postspt, on 03 May 2011 - 05:32 PM, said:

I think maybe we should all go for a drink and ask for the new drink....it is called the Bin Laden...2 shots and a splash of water :drinkers: :drinkers:
http://i147.photobuc.../lmaosmiley.gif

View PostBrian Fellow, on 15 December 2012 - 02:45 PM, said:

Sorry was busy reading a tweet from an adamant 'pro-choice' person about gun control and 'how many children have to die before we do something'?

http://i147.photobuc...%202/anj_up.gif A perfect example of both irony and hypocrisy.

John Mauldin relates the details of a conversation he had with John Boehner, the Speaker of the House of Representatives.

At the :50 Maudlin describes Boehner telling him that Obama has,
“…balls made out of marshmallows…”

View PostSonofThunder, on 26 February 2013 - 05:47 AM, said:

If that is true, why do we see Boehner continually backing down and rolling over while Obama stands firm and never compromises?

View PostGertie Keddle, on 26 February 2013 - 06:34 AM, said:

'Cause he's a Campfire Girl?
http://i147.photobuc...06/kneeslap.gif

NEVER FORGET!

Staff Sgt. Matt Maupin’s long road home ended Saturday in a blaze of yellow ribbons, the silent tribute of people who lined the roads, and the respect of thousands more who filed past his coffin at a public visitation . . . “If four people showed up, that’s OK with me,” said Keith Maupin, the soldier’s father, as he took a mid-afternoon break outside the Civic Center, where many came up to him to shake his hand or give him a hug . . . Matt Maupin became the face of the war in Iraq for thousands here and across the country in April 2004, when an Arab TV station aired a tape showing the Union Township soldier kneeling and surrounded by masked men carrying automatic rifles . . .Four years and millions of prayers later, a tip from an Iraqi citizen led U.S. soldiers to the farm area northwest of Baghdad where Matt Maupin’s remains were found on March 20 . . .Scoutmaster David Bacon said the boys of Troop 511 had been well aware of the story of Matt Maupin and wanted to pay their own tribute.“I’ve talked to them many times about Matt,” said Bacon, whose cousin, Lance Cpl. David Kreuter, was killed in Iraq in 2005. “They understand it was the sacrifice of young men like Matt that gives us the freedom to meet every Monday night. There are places in the world where Boy Scouting is not allowed.” http://i147.photobuc.../3yqo3h0.gifPFC Keith Matthew MaupinCaptured in IraqApril 9, 2004

We Owe Them So Much

http://i147.photobuc.../troopsspin.gifNever Mind the Cost by c.m.steppe ©2001 There's a young man far from home, Called in time of war; Sent to defend our freedom On some distant foreign shore. On some distant foreign shore. We pray You keep him safe, We pray You keep him strong, We pray You send him safely home ... For he's been away so long. For he's been away so long. There's a young woman far from home, Serving U.S.A. with pride. Her every step is strong and sure, Courage in every stride. Courage in every stride. We pray You keep her safe, We pray You keep her strong, We pray You send her safely home ... For she's been away too long. For she's been away too long. Bless those who wait their safe return. Bless those who mourn the lost. Bless those who serve this country well, Never mind the cost. Never mind the cost. God, Bless America!

Recent Entries

Disclaimer

Search My Blog

An Email From God?

I got this in an email today and though it doesn't say who wrote it, I don't doubt these things could have happened.'MEET ME IN THE STAIRWELL' You say you will never forget where you were when you heard the news On September 11, 2001. Neither will I. I was on the 110th floor in a smoke filled room with a man who called his wife to say 'Good-Bye.' I held his fingers steady as he dialed. I gave him the peace to say, 'Honey, I am not going to make it, but it is OK..I am ready to go.' I was with his wife when he called as she fed breakfast to their children. I held her up as she tried to understand his words and as she realized he wasn't coming home that night. I was in the stairwell of the 23rd floor when a woman cried out to Me for help. 'I have been knocking on the door of your heart for 50 years!' I said. 'Of course I will show you the way home - only believe in Me now.' I was at the base of the building with the Priest ministering to the injured and devastated souls. I took him home to tend to his Flock in Heaven. He heard my voice and answered. I was on all four of those planes, in every seat, with every prayer. I was with the crew as they were overtaken. I was in the very hearts of the believers there, comforting and assuring them that their faith has saved them. I was in Texas , Virginia , California , Michigan , Afghanistan ... I was standing next to you when you heard the terrible news. Did you sense Me? I want you to know that I saw every face. I knew every name - though not all know Me. Some met Me for the first time on the 86th floor. Some sought Me with their last breath. Some couldn't hear Me calling to them through the smoke and flames; 'Come to Me... this way... take my hand.' Some chose, for the final time, to ignore Me. But, I was there. I did not place you in the Tower that day. You may not know why, but I do. However, if you were there in that explosive moment in time, would you have reached for Me? Sept. 11, 2001, was not the end of the journey for you. But someday your journey will end. And I will be there for you as well. Seek Me now while I may be found. Then, at any moment, you know you are 'ready to go.' I will be in the stairwell of your final moments. God http://i147.photobuc...3/knowjesus.gif