RightNation.US
News (Home) | Righters' Blog | Hollywood Halfwits | Our Store | New User Intro | Link to us | Support Us

RightNation.US: Texas Veterans - RightNation.US

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Texas Veterans Free Texas Vehicle License Plates and Lifetime Registration Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   MTP Reggie 

• <no title>
  • View gallery
  • Group: +Gold Community Supporter

Posted 16 May 2016 - 11:56 AM

Courtesy of El Paso MOAA. And here is the TXDMV top-level link.

Texas state legislators have passed legislation that expanded the list of acceptable military medals which allow vehicle registration fees to be waived. Military service members and Retirees who have received one of the listed medals will be provided a FREE set of license plates and vehicle registration fees will be waived as long as the military member/Retiree registers that vehicle in the state of Texas. Retirees can submit proof of medal awards via their DD214. The form to be used is the VTR-421 Rev 01/16

WHO: All military members who have received at least one of the following medals:

Air Force Cross
Air Medal
Air Medal w/Valor
Airman's Medal
Army Distinguished Service Cross
Bronze Star
Bronze Star with Valor
Coast Guard Medal
Defense Meritorious Service Medal
Defense Superior Service Medal
Distinguished Flying Cross
Distinguished Service Medal, Air Force
Distinguished Service Medal, Army
Distinguished Service Medal, Coast Guard
Distinguished Service Medal, Department of Defense
Distinguished Service Medal, Department of Homeland Security
Distinguished Service Medal, Department of Transportation
Distinguished Service Medal, Navy
Legion of Merit
Meritorious Service Medal
Navy and Marine Corps Medal
Navy Cross
Prisoner of War Medal
Silver Star
Soldier's Medal
Surviving Spouse

WHAT: Free Texas vehicle license plates & lifetime registration for members who have received certain decorations. Texas legislators recently passed a bill that expanded acceptable military medals which allow registration fees to be waived.

A military member who has received one of the medals listed on the attached application form will be provided a free set of license plates and vehicle registration fees will be waived as long as the military member registers that vehicle in the state of Texas.

One medal can only be used to waive registration for one vehicle. For instance, a military member with multiple MSMs can only register one vehicle using the MSM medal. However, a person who has earned two different types of medals listed can register two vehicles in this program, and three different medals equal free registration for three vehicles, etc... Keep in mind that these license plates depict a military medal, which does identify them as either a present or former military member.

HOW: Bring the following items with you to the vehicle registration office:

1) A completed application form (attached)
2) A copy of your DD214 or Record Brief (vMPF) with the award listed (proof of earned metal)
3) ID

#2 User is offline   De Oppresso Liber 

• Illuminaughty
  • Group: Bronze

Posted 16 May 2016 - 12:10 PM

Nice.

:2up:

Every state should be doing this.

Edited to add: I am assuming the CMH and Purple Heart were already exempted as they are not listed?

This post has been edited by De Oppresso Liber: 16 May 2016 - 12:13 PM

#3 User is offline   Dean Adam Smithee 

• School of the Cold Hard Facts
  • View gallery
  • Group: Platinum Community Supporter

Posted 16 May 2016 - 12:36 PM

View PostDe Oppresso Liber, on 16 May 2016 - 12:10 PM, said:

Nice.

Edited to add: I am assuming the CMH and Purple Heart were already exempted as they are not listed?

Florida does it but for a smaller list: CMH, Silver Star, Navy cross, AF cross, Distinguished Flying Cross, WWII Veteran... tho there's probably not many WWII vets still driving, the youngest would be 87 now. (EtA: And, god love them all, but I swear to god I've spent time behind every single one on them on I-4)

Purple Heart by itself isn't free unless you're also disabled. I'm not sure the percentage of disability that it takes.

EtA: Source: Florida DHSMV: Military license Plates. (The free ones are the ones that DON'T say "fees are assessed according to weight of vehicle")

This post has been edited by Adam Smithee: 16 May 2016 - 05:00 PM

#4 User is offline   MTP Reggie 

• <no title>
  • View gallery
  • Group: +Gold Community Supporter

Posted 16 May 2016 - 01:09 PM

View PostDe Oppresso Liber, on 16 May 2016 - 12:10 PM, said:

Nice.

Yes. The Veterans' website I linked listed only the newly added medals/badges. That's why I also provided the TXDMV link because they list them all.

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users