RightNation.US
News (Home) | Righters' Blog | Hollywood Halfwits | Our Store | New User Intro | Link to us | Support Us

RightNation.US: 'Speaking Truth To Power': Christine Blasey Ford Nominated For - RightNation.US

'Speaking Truth To Power': Christine Blasey Ford Nominated For UNC Distinguished Alumna Award Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   Liz 

• 1.4% Neanderthal
  • Group: Moderator

Posted 10 October 2018 - 01:13 PM

'Speaking Truth To Power': Christine Blasey Ford Nominated For UNC Distinguished Alumna Award

The Washington Times
by Victor Morton
Tuesday, October 9, 2018

Excerpt:

Justice Brett Kavanaugh’s accuser has been nominated by her alma mater for its distinguished alumna award for “speaking truth to power.”

According to a report in CNN, Christine Blasey Ford is being pushed for the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill Distinguished Alumna Award because she was “speaking truth to power” when she publicly accused then-Judge Kavanaugh of sexual assault.

Jennifer Ho, a professor of English at UNC, stated in her letter nominating Ms. Blasey Ford that her testimony “was something that was extraordinary in how ordinary it was: she told the truth about a sexual assault she experienced when she was fifteen years old at the hands of Judge Brett Kavanaugh.”

Justice Kavanaugh has denied attempting to rape Ms. Blasey Ford.

Ms. Blasey Ford has a bachelor’s degree in psychology from UNC, which she received in 1988.

According to the university’s web page, alumni must be nominated by Oct. 15 and have made “an outstanding contribution to humanity in any walk of life.”

Ms. Ho’s nominating letter said that “Dr. Blasey Ford giving her testimony, speaking truth to power, was an inspiration for so many of us. Her accomplishment is to be an alumna of integrity, who despite great personal cost to herself and her family told her story of her sexual assault and emboldened others to also find the courage to speak out against injustice.”

Ms. Ho insisted that the letter and the nomination are not partisan acts.

“There may be people reading this nomination letter who will take issue with Dr. Blasey Ford’s testimony or who may see this letter as an example of partisan politics,” Ms. Ho’s letter states, according to a posted version of it at CNN.

“But this letter nominating Dr. Blasey Ford is not about partisan politics: it is about recognizing that the simple act of speaking one’s truth, especially when that truth involves sexual assault, is an act of bravery. We live in a society that does not believe women,” she wrote.

There were several inconsistencies and vaguenesses in Ms. Blasey Ford’s claim that the future justice attacked her at a drinking party at an unspecified time in the 1980s when they were high schoolers.

*snip*

Full Story

I laughed so hard when I read this, I almost made myself sick. :P

#2 User is offline   Ben Cranklin 

• Satiric Curmudgeon
  • Group: Gold

Posted 10 October 2018 - 01:36 PM

View PostLiz, on 10 October 2018 - 01:13 PM, said:

“...the simple act of speaking one’s truth...

This is the latest big thing with them, ”one’s truth.” Not the truth. To a “mind” for which even gender is “fluid,” I guess I shouldn’t be surprised that “truth is fluid,” as well, and that its variation from person to person is apparently something to be celebrated, so long as “one’s truth” is from one you like.

#3 User is offline   gravelrash 

• I wish they all were punk rock girls
  • Group: +Copper Community Supporter

Posted 10 October 2018 - 01:38 PM

Jennifer Ho

:giggle:

#4 User is offline   Severian 

• Order of the Seekers for Truth & Penitence
  • Group: +Gold Community Supporter

Posted 10 October 2018 - 01:44 PM

View Postgravelrash, on 10 October 2018 - 01:38 PM, said:

Yeah, that got me too.

And they keep using the word "truth." To quote Inigo Montoya, I do not think that word means what they think it does.

#5 User is offline   Coach 

• Coach
  • Group: Bronze

Posted 10 October 2018 - 02:05 PM

The plunge into deep oblivion continues in the American academia.

#6 User is offline   Liz 

• 1.4% Neanderthal

Posted 10 October 2018 - 02:28 PM

View PostCoach, on 10 October 2018 - 02:05 PM, said:

The plunge into deep oblivion continues in the American academia.

The only remaining question is how much lower can they go and I have a feeling we're not going to like the answer.

#7 User is offline   Noclevermoniker 

• Wire Dachsies Matter
  • Group: +Silver Community Supporter

Posted 10 October 2018 - 03:34 PM

View PostBen Cranklin, on 10 October 2018 - 01:36 PM, said:

This is the latest big thing with them, ”one’s truth.” Not the truth. To a “mind” for which even gender is “fluid,” I guess I shouldn’t be surprised that “truth is fluid,” as well, and that its variation from person to person is apparently something to be celebrated, so long as “one’s truth” is from one you like.

Laura Ingraham had one of these harpies on the other night, defending "her (Ford's) truth". Just like The Master of the Lie said, "Repeat the lie often enough and it becomes truth."

Keep it up ladies. Oh, and bring me a beer with the sammich you're making me.

#8 User is offline   Noclevermoniker 

• Wire Dachsies Matter

Posted 10 October 2018 - 03:38 PM

View PostLiz, on 10 October 2018 - 02:28 PM, said:

The only remaining question is how much lower can they go and I have a feeling we're not going to like the answer.

Perhaps if they get low enough, we can close the lid on them an lock it?

#9 User is offline   BARman29 

• Stay resolute.
  • Group: Silver

Posted 10 October 2018 - 04:23 PM

Yeah, Ms. Ho. I had to see if it was The Onion or Busy Bee.

#10 User is offline   Ticked@TinselTown 

• Unimpressed with Celebutards since Always
  • View blog
  • Group: Platinum Community Supporter

Posted 10 October 2018 - 04:30 PM

I'm sorry, but I'm missing the 'truth' part in this award for truth to power.

Everything she said and everyone she pulled in as her witnesses denied Kavanaugh did anything to her.

Where is the truth being touted?

Other than the truth that lies, when serving a purpose, are weapons in the hands of the unethical, criminal and corrupt.

#11 User is offline   Ben Cranklin 

• Satiric Curmudgeon

Posted 10 October 2018 - 04:57 PM

View PostTicked@TinselTown, on 10 October 2018 - 04:30 PM, said:

Where is the truth being touted?

Not THE truth, HER truth. And who are you, I, or any of the witnesses who didn’t corroborate her story to say what HER truth is? That is a question in her self-actualization journey that can only be decided by her and her spirit animal. Ours is only to believe her and what she says the voices in her head are saying. :dramaqueen:

This post has been edited by Ben Cranklin: 10 October 2018 - 04:58 PM

#12 User is offline   MTP Reggie 

• <no title>

Posted 10 October 2018 - 05:06 PM

View PostBen Cranklin, on 10 October 2018 - 01:36 PM, said:

This is the latest big thing with them, "one's truth." Not the truth. To a "mind" for which even gender is "fluid," I guess I shouldn't be surprised that "truth is fluid," as well, and that its variation from person to person is apparently something to be celebrated, so long as "one's truth" is from one you like.

We have always been at war with Eastasia...

#13 User is offline   Liz 

• 1.4% Neanderthal

Posted 10 October 2018 - 05:15 PM

View PostBen Cranklin, on 10 October 2018 - 04:57 PM, said:

. . .Ours is only to believe her and what she says the voices in her head are saying. :dramaqueen:

Dianne Feinstein and Mazie Hirono? She can't go wrong with a pair like that.

#14 User is offline   Bookdoc 

• Daddy's little girl

Posted 10 October 2018 - 05:16 PM

View Postgravelrash, on 10 October 2018 - 01:38 PM, said:

It takes a ho to know another...

#15 User is online   NH Populist 

• <no title>
  • Group: +Bronze Community Supporter

Posted 10 October 2018 - 07:00 PM

"We live in a society that does not believe women,” she wrote.

She should have continued with, "but we're fixing that, we used to listen to both sides of a story, but to Hell with that, we didn't always get the results we wanted when we did."

This post has been edited by NH Populist: 10 October 2018 - 07:01 PM

#16 User is offline   Severian 

• Order of the Seekers for Truth & Penitence

Posted 10 October 2018 - 07:02 PM

View PostMTP Reggie, on 10 October 2018 - 05:06 PM, said:

We have always been at war with Eastasia...

Very good Winston, your chocolate rations have been raised from 30 gm/wk to 25 gm/wk.

#17 User is offline   MontyPython 

• Pull My Finger.....
  • View gallery

Posted 10 October 2018 - 07:14 PM

Jennifer Ho, a professor of English at UNC, stated in her letter nominating Ms. Blasey Ford that her testimony “was something that was extraordinary in how ordinary it was: she told the truth about a sexual assault she experienced when she was fifteen years old at the hands of Judge Brett Kavanaugh.”

(..."Ho"...)

Anyhow, What a pantload. Ford was proven to be lying at least three times in her narrative: Being "terrified of flying"......the reason for the two front doors (and the timeline concerning when the construction job actually took place)......and whether or not she ever coached anybody on how to pass polygraphs.

Now keep in mind those are the only proven lies, but as the Latin saying goes, "Falsus in uno, Falsus in omnibus" ("false in one thing, false in everything.")

According to the university’s web page, alumni must be nominated by Oct. 15 and have made “an outstanding contribution to humanity in any walk of life.”

Yeah, what an outstanding contribution to humanity: A deliberate vicious attempt to destroy a good honorable man along with his family and his career and his reputation, for purely partisan reasons.

<_<

Ms. Ho’s nominating letter said that “Dr. Blasey Ford giving her testimony, speaking truth to power, was an inspiration for so many of us. Her accomplishment is to be an alumna of integrity

"(T)ruth"???

"(I)ntegrity"???

This is an English professor? She clearly needs a brush-up course in basic definitions.

who despite great personal cost to herself and her family told her story of her sexual assault and emboldened others to also find the courage to speak out against injustice.”

Yeah, that "great personal cost" can be seen at her "GoFundMe" page. It's now well over $600,000.

And again with the inability to define a common word in the English language. This time the word is "injustice". You wanna talk about real injustice Ms Ho? You need look no farther than the despicable and indefensible smear job done to Brett Kavanaugh and his family. Now That's a genuine example of injustice.

Ms. Ho insisted that the letter and the nomination are not partisan acts.

“There may be people reading this nomination letter who will take issue with Dr. Blasey Ford’s testimony or who may see this letter as an example of partisan politics,” Ms. Ho’s letter states.

Yes, all honest, intelligent, objective people recognize that it is indeed exactly what it is.

We live in a society that does not believe women,” she wrote.

Horsesh*t. We live in a society that can't help being skeptical of proven liars (like Blasey-Ford), and of course that's regardless of gender.

:rolleyes:

#18 User is offline   Howsithangin 

• I'm dethpicable

Posted 10 October 2018 - 07:48 PM

What is it with English departments?

Anyways, I'm embarrassed to state that UNC-CH is my alma mater. But I quit their alumni association and haven't donated a dime in years. It's still a great school for STEM, but let's be honest, what exactly constitutes a great, from a minimally funcational, English Department? What do they do (besides lefty political activism)?

#19 User is offline   Censport 

• @CensportRacing

Posted 10 October 2018 - 07:50 PM

article said:

“But this letter nominating Dr. Blasey Ford is not about partisan politics: it is about recognizing that the simple act of speaking one’s truth, especially when that truth involves sexual assault, is an act of bravery. We live in a society that does not believe women,” she wrote.

What about all the people who contradicted Ford's truth? What about their truth? All truths are equal, but some truths are more equal than others?

#20 User is offline   Buckwheat Jones 

• <no title>
  • Group: Bronze

Posted 10 October 2018 - 08:12 PM

UNC Distinguished Alumna Award

I think I found one of those in a box of Cap’n Crunch once.

Share this topic:

• 2 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users