RightNation.US
News (Home) | Righters' Blog | Hollywood Halfwits | Our Store | New User Intro | Link to us | Support Us

RightNation.US: Adopt a soldier program - RightNation.US

Page 1 of 1

Adopt a soldier program serving in Iraq or Afganistan

#1 User is offline   NY State of Mind 

• <no title>
  • Group: Gold

Posted 19 June 2004 - 12:04 PM

I adopted a soldier during the war sending care packages, letters, comics, etc. Anything that I thought would help his tour during the war. I even received a letter of thanks back from the officer to my surprise!! Didn't even enter my mind as I was not asking for anything in return.

Well that officer (stationed on the U.S.S. Constellation) has now returned and I would like to continue on with adopting another soldier. I volunteered through a program that my hometown was sponsoring during Operation Iraqi Freedom and would like to continue. I have since moved overseas and probably will be only able to send letters instead of care packages (I remember reading somewhere that all of the care packages must be shipped within the continental U.S.) so unfortnately the best I can offer are letters and little packages of books and stuff. And yes I can do a search for adopt a soldier in Iraq, etc. but I want to make sure the program is a good one. I know there are certain members whose loved ones are currently serving perhaps you can give me some recommendations. I would also be interested in sending letters via email as well since the Royal Mail here in London, well let's just say doesn't have the best reputation.

Thanks.

This post has been edited by NY State of Mind: 19 June 2004 - 12:05 PM

#2 User is offline   Right On Mommy 

• <no title>
  • Group: Community-Supported

Posted 28 July 2004 - 10:46 AM

Has anyone PM'd you on this? I'd like to do this as well!

#3 User is offline   NY State of Mind 

• <no title>

Posted 28 July 2004 - 10:54 AM

Actually I ended up staying with Operation Military Pride. I've been with them for a year and find them to be absolutely wonderful. I was concerned because I had moved from NY to London and wasn't sure if I was able to send my packages but it turns out I could.

I will PM you with the details.

Cheers..
NYSM

#4 User is offline   NY State of Mind 

• <no title>

Posted 28 July 2004 - 11:03 AM

Hi ROM,

Just found out that you cannot receive PM's, so here's the info..

As promised here is the link: Operation Military Pride There's a HUGE message board for the volunteers where they have a lot of other different programs as well. Operation Postcard, Operation Welcome Home, support a canine unit, etc.

You'll find the people there are so warm and friendly. I'm actively involved wth Operation Postcard. That's a really cool effort. Currently I have posted one of the projects on this board because of what happened to this particular veteran and really wanted this effort to be an all out Thank you for him.

Here's the link: RightNation.Us - Jason Gilson You're more than welcomed to send a postcard... The more the merrier.

Cheers,
NYSM

#5 User is offline   Bluish 

• <no title>
  • Group: Bronze

Posted 30 December 2004 - 12:59 AM

I just joined Operation Military Pride and they were able to help 520 Military families this holiday season.

However, they were not able to raise all the funds and the co-ordinator "Had to lay out 956.00 that I need to raise back to help send packages."

If you would like to help make a donation to help OMP you can do so through this PayPal link Operation Military Pride Donation

Even if you do not have a loved one serving in the military today, there hundreds of thousands of American troops stationed or deployed indefinitely in remote parts of the world who would deeply appreciate tokens of support from their fellow American citizens (or in my case, I'm a Canadian) back home through Operation Military Pride

Thanks for any support you can provide.

#6 User is offline   Ripley 

• Group: Registered Guest

Posted 13 January 2005 - 11:25 PM

DD from the North, on Dec 29 2004, 10:59 PM, said:

I just joined Operation Military Pride and they were able to help 520 Military families this holiday season.

However, they were not able to raise all the funds and the co-ordinator "Had to lay out 956.00 that I need to raise back to help send packages."

If you would like to help make a donation to help OMP you can do so through this PayPal link Operation Military Pride Donation
Even if you do not have a loved one serving in the military today, there hundreds of thousands of American troops stationed or deployed indefinitely in remote parts of the world who would deeply appreciate tokens of support from their fellow American citizens (or in my case, I'm a Canadian) back home through Operation Military Pride

Thanks for any support you can provide.
<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1

Fast Reply

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users