RightNation.US
News (Home) | Righters' Blog | Hollywood Halfwits | Our Store | New User Intro | Link to us | Support Us

RightNation.US: Texas county GOP to vote on ousting a party leader because he is Musli - RightNation.US

Texas county GOP to vote on ousting a party leader because he is Musli Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   Ladybird 

• <no title>
  • Group: +Copper Community Supporter

Posted 10 January 2019 - 04:35 PM

Texas county GOP to vote on ousting a party leader because he is Muslim
UPDATED ON: JANUARY 10, 2019 / 12:52 PM / CBS NEWS

A Texas county is scheduled to vote tonight on a proposal to remove a county GOP leader from his post because he is Muslim. The Tarrant County Republican Party will decide whether Shahid Shafi, who was appointed vice chairman of the county GOP organization in July, will stay on his job.

"We don't think he's suitable as a practicing Muslim to be vice chair because he'd be the representative for ALL Republicans in Tarrant County, and not ALL Republicans in Tarrant County think Islam is safe or acceptable in the U.S," Dorrie O'Brien, a member of the GOP's executive committee, said on Facebook.

Shafi, a trauma surgeon, is a U.S. citizen and immigrant from India. Several Republican Party leaders supported him staying in the position and condemned the effort to unseat him. George P. Bush, the Texas land commissioner and the son of former Florida governor Jeb Bush, tweeted that he is urging the Republican Party "to do the right thing and vote to support Shahid Shafi." "Religious litmus tests are wrong--whether they occur in my party or whether its Democratic Senators," he wrote.

,snip>

Link

#2 User is offline   Magic Rat 

• <no title>
  • Group: Bronze

Posted 10 January 2019 - 04:37 PM

Not a whole lot of room to complain about Christians or Jews or anyone else being blacklisted when this kind of crap happens. I hope this party doesn't make jerks out of themselves.

This post has been edited by Magic Rat: 10 January 2019 - 04:37 PM

#3 User is online   oki 

• <no title>
  • Group: +Bronze Community Supporter

Posted 10 January 2019 - 04:54 PM

If in fact they don't want him to be in this position because of his religion then they need to be tarred, feathered then run out of town!
Some of the greatest allies we have against the war with Radical Islam are in fact Muslims themselves. I suggest he make it clear to all where he stands, that he stands with those who are fighting this cancer, that he will not tolerate radical Islam and believes in this nation, it's laws and it's values.
I can empathize, my in laws had their doubts and fears of myself and Americans because of the MSM and all the outright lies spread about G.I.'s
When they met me, realized I was the exact opposite, met my fellow soldiers and family they realized what the truth was.

Oki

#4 User is offline   Censport 

• @CensportRacing

Posted 10 January 2019 - 05:17 PM

No one religion has a 100% fundamentalist rate. In other words, there are people who call/consider themselves Christians even though they don't practice the religion, people who are born Jewish who are non-practicing, and the same for Muslims. If the guy supports the legal and economic principles of the party, then there better be a substantive reason for kicking him out.

#5 User is offline   MontyPython 

• Pull My Finger.....
  • View gallery
  • Group: Gold

Posted 10 January 2019 - 05:51 PM

View PostMagic Rat, on 10 January 2019 - 04:37 PM, said:

Not a whole lot of room to complain about Christians or Jews or anyone else being blacklisted when this kind of crap happens. I hope this party doesn't make jerks out of themselves.

Very well said, Rat. I despise murderous, radical, jihadist Islam as much as anybody else. But it's long past time for Americans to realize not all Muslims are murderous radical jihadists.

B)

#6 User is offline   Taggart Transcontinental 

• <no title>
  • View gallery
  • Group: +Gold Community Supporter

Posted 10 January 2019 - 06:04 PM

View Postoki, on 10 January 2019 - 04:54 PM, said:

If in fact they don't want him to be in this position because of his religion then they need to be tarred, feathered then run out of town!
Some of the greatest allies we have against the war with Radical Islam are in fact Muslims themselves. I suggest he make it clear to all where he stands, that he stands with those who are fighting this cancer, that he will not tolerate radical Islam and believes in this nation, it's laws and it's values.
I can empathize, my in laws had their doubts and fears of myself and Americans because of the MSM and all the outright lies spread about G.I.'s
When they met me, realized I was the exact opposite, met my fellow soldiers and family they realized what the truth was.

Oki

To play devils advocate, GOP is a private organization, they can do what they want. They want to be fools about it then they got that right. I am tired of us being held to a higher standard than the left. IF the left wants to kick someone out they do it and no one cares.

#7 User is offline   AnnieGotHerGun 

• <no title>
  • Group: +Silver Community Supporter

Posted 10 January 2019 - 08:13 PM

This is Tarrant County (Fort Worth). I grew up and lived there until 2001. I now live a couple of counties to the northwest, so we still get the a m radio broadcasts. I remember Chris Salcedo on WBAP interviewed Dr. Salfi sometime last year, after someone started making noise about his faith. From what I remember, he does not stand with Sharia law, is not a radical in any way. And there has never been any evidence to the contrary. We are wanting the moderate muslims to stand with us against the radical left in this country. Here is one that seems to be doing so and they want to oust him. I don't get it.

#8 User is offline   Censport 

• @CensportRacing

Posted 11 January 2019 - 12:07 AM

When others accuse Americans of being "Islamophobic", I think it's victim shaming to an extent. America has been deeply wounded by Islamic fundamentalists - in our lifetimes - and continues to be taunted and wounded by Muslims to this day. Some fear of Muslims is to be expected, just as a woman who has been assaulted or raped is understandably afraid of scenarios like the one where she was victimized, or afraid of men who look or even smell like that rapist. I am still generally leery of Muslims, and I'm friends with several. That said, I also know that some of them do not practice, so I stand by my previous post.

About a month or so ago, a Nissan employee was in my shop with two of his sons. Like Shafi, he was from India. At one point in the conversation, he suddenly said "Hey if you were Muslim, you could have four wives! Hahaha!" He caught me off guard as just a moment before, we were talking about cars. I just replied "Well I have no wives and four motorcycles, so I win!" We had a good laugh and went back to talking about cars.

Because I won.
;)

#9 User is offline   zurg 

• <no title>

Posted 11 January 2019 - 12:29 AM

No argument from me against LB. This looks bad and is a crappy thing to do. There should be no religious test in holding a political position.

#10 User is offline   Ticked@TinselTown 

• Unimpressed with Celebutards since Always
  • View blog
  • Group: Platinum Community Supporter

Posted 11 January 2019 - 12:40 AM

And the purpose of this is to, what? Deflect from the actions of Schmuckie and Petrified after the President's address?

#11 User is offline   GrimV 

• <no title>

Posted 11 January 2019 - 12:56 AM

What is it with Tarrant County?

For what it's worth he survived the recall vote.

#12 User is online   JerryL 

• <no title>
  • View gallery

Posted 11 January 2019 - 02:46 AM

View PostGrimV, on 11 January 2019 - 12:56 AM, said:

Glad to hear that.

#13 User is offline   erp 

• Undead Undead Undead
  • Group: Silver

Posted 11 January 2019 - 05:57 AM

GrimV, on 11 January 2019 - 12:56 AM, said:

And by a wide margin of 139-49. Still a black eye for the GOP, however.

#14 User is offline   Timothy 

• <no title>
  • Group: 100+ Posts NonDonor

Posted 11 January 2019 - 04:39 PM

Credit where credit is due, GOP leadership both in Tarrant County and statewide made it clear that they opposed this.

#15 User is offline   Buckwheat Jones 

• <no title>

Posted 11 January 2019 - 04:49 PM

Ladybird, on 10 January 2019 - 04:35 PM, said:

Texas county GOP to vote on ousting a party leader because he is Muslim
UPDATED ON: JANUARY 10, 2019 / 12:52 PM / CBS NEWS

A Texas county is scheduled to vote tonight on a proposal to remove a county GOP leader from his post because he is Muslim. The Tarrant County Republican Party will decide whether Shahid Shafi, who was appointed vice chairman of the county GOP organization in July, will stay on his job.

"We don't think he's suitable as a practicing Muslim to be vice chair because he'd be the representative for ALL Republicans in Tarrant County, and not ALL Republicans in Tarrant County think Islam is safe or acceptable in the U.S," Dorrie O'Brien, a member of the GOP's executive committee, said on Facebook.

Shafi, a trauma surgeon, is a U.S. citizen and immigrant from India. Several Republican Party leaders supported him staying in the position and condemned the effort to unseat him. George P. Bush, the Texas land commissioner and the son of former Florida governor Jeb Bush, tweeted that he is urging the Republican Party "to do the right thing and vote to support Shahid Shafi." "Religious litmus tests are wrong--whether they occur in my party or whether its Democratic Senators," he wrote.

,snip>

Link

Your own medicine tastes bad when you have to swallow it.

#16 User is offline   Ladybird 

• <no title>

Posted 11 January 2019 - 05:07 PM

View PostTimothy, on 11 January 2019 - 04:39 PM, said:

Credit where credit is due, GOP leadership both in Tarrant County and statewide made it clear that they opposed this.

Agreed. Good to see it went down by a wide margin.

#17 User is online   oki 

• <no title>

Posted 11 January 2019 - 05:13 PM

View PostTaggart Transcontinental, on 10 January 2019 - 06:04 PM, said:

To play devils advocate, GOP is a private organization, they can do what they want. They want to be fools about it then they got that right. I am tired of us being held to a higher standard than the left. IF the left wants to kick someone out they do it and no one cares.

I learned long ago that stupidity, leftism, and such is not mutually exclusive to one party or another.

Oki

#18 User is online   SARGE 

• <no title>

Posted 11 January 2019 - 05:15 PM

Good to see sanity prevailed.

#19 User is online   oki 

• <no title>

Posted 11 January 2019 - 05:16 PM

Hmmmm.... on a flip side if this man was a pro gun, military vet and or Christian would he be welcome in the D.N.C.?

Oki

#20 User is offline   Censport 

• @CensportRacing

Posted 11 January 2019 - 05:45 PM

View Postoki, on 11 January 2019 - 05:16 PM, said:

Hmmmm.... on a flip side if this man was a pro gun, military vet and or Christian would he be welcome in the D.N.C.?

Oki

As long as he isn't pro-life. Just ask Tom Perez.

Share this topic:

• 2 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users