RightNation.US
News (Home) | Righters' Blog | Hollywood Halfwits | Our Store | New User Intro | Link to us | Support Us

RightNation.US: Media Struggles To Find Fibs In Trump’s Oval Office Speech - RightNation.US

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Media Struggles To Find Fibs In Trump’s Oval Office Speech Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   grimreefer 

• U.S. Merchant Marine
  • View gallery
  • Group: Diamond Community Supporter

Posted 09 January 2019 - 03:39 PM

Media Struggles To Find Fibs In Trump’s Oval Office Speech

The Daily Caller
11:50 AM 01/09/2019 | Media
Amber Athey | White House Correspondent

excerpt:

The media, desperate to find falsehoods in President Donald Trump’s Oval Office address Tuesday night, conducted misleading “fact checks” on their websites.

Before the president even delivered his address, news outlets promised that they would be fact-checking Trump’s claims on illegal immigration, warning the American people that the speech would be full of false statements. However, the media didn’t find the lie-laced address that they were expecting and ended up publishing “fact checks” that refused to simply admit the president was correct.

CBS News, for example, conducted a live fact check on their website in preparation for misstatements from the president. But the claims they checked turned out to be true, “probably true,” and “accurate…but it needs context.” Just one claim — that Democrats requested steel slats rather than a concrete wall — was rated “false” based on a statement by a representative for Speaker Nancy Pelosi.

The New York Times fact checked the president’s claim that Customs and Border Protection (CBP) encounters thousands of illegal immigrants attempting to cross the U.S.-Mexico border daily. According to The NYT, the claim is “misleading” because about 1,700 immigrants per day are apprehended at the border for trying to enter illegally.

The NYT reported:

“The agency also deemed another 10,600 “inadmissible,” which refers to people who seek lawful entry into the United States but are barred from doing so. Together, that would be over 2,000, but ‘inadmissible’ is not the same thing as illegal entry.”

In addition, The NYT nitpicked the president’s statement that Democrats previously supported a physical border barrier, claiming that the statement “needs context.”

*SNIP*

LINK

:coffeenpc:

#2 User is offline   grimreefer 

• U.S. Merchant Marine
  • View gallery

Posted 09 January 2019 - 03:42 PM

And let's not forget The Washington ComPost... :coffeenpc:

Fact-Checkers Work To Tear Down Trump's Big Wall Speech, But There Are Some Big Problems

The Daily Wire
By James Barrett
January 9, 2019

excerpt:

The Washington Post isn't trying very hard to hide its partisan bias in its fact-check on President Trump's Oval Office address on border security and illegal immigration. Rather than an even-handed assessment of what was factual or not in the address — which a true fact-check would of course attempt to provide — the Post's Salvador Rizzo focused his energy on trying to find things that were "misleading," as he makes clear in his opening line.

"The first misleading statement in President Trump’s Oval Office address Tuesday night came in the first sentence," Rizzo begins. But Rizzo's "fact-check" has some "misleading" aspects itself. Let's look at a few.

First, Rizzo questions that what we're experiencing is truly a "growing humanitarian and security crisis at our southern border," as Trump stated. Rizzo tries to debunk the claim by arguing that "the number of people caught trying to cross illegally is near 20-year lows."

But, of course, lower numbers of people getting caught than in some recent years doesn't mean we're not still facing an illegal immigration crisis. The massive humanitarian crisis of a few summers ago saw a staggering influx of unaccompanied minors; that we are no longer at that level, or the high reached in 2000, doesn't mean the immigration rates are not at crisis level.

As Rizzo admits later, we still experienced "just under 400,000" apprehensions at the border in 2018, "just over 300,000" in 2017 and over 400,000 in 2016. Sure, that's not as nightmarish as the 1.6 million in 2000, but that still sounds like a "crisis" to any rational person. And the 2018 number indeed "grew" over the 2017 number, as Trump's claim suggests. Additionally, as Rizzo admits, even his own outlet has recently described the current situation as a "humanitarian crisis" (formatting adjusted):

While overall numbers of migrants crossing illegally are down, since 2014 more families from El Salvador, Guatemala and Honduras have begun to trek to the United States in search of safer conditions or economic opportunities, creating a humanitarian crisis. "Record numbers of migrant families are streaming into the United States, overwhelming border agents and leaving holding cells dangerously overcrowded with children, many of whom are falling sick," The Washington Post reported Jan. 5.

So how again is Trump being "misleading" by saying we're experiencing a "growing humanitarian and security crisis at our southern border"? In order to debunk that claim, WaPo must debunk its own claims.

*SNIP*

LINK

#3 User is offline   Rock N' Roll Right Winger 

• Pissing off all of the right people
  • Group: Silver

Posted 09 January 2019 - 07:23 PM

Translation: Media is struggling to create new lies to project onto Trump.

Their other made up bullshidt has run it's course and nobody is buying it anymore.

#4 User is offline   Censport 

• Twitter: @CensportRacing
  • Group: +Bronze Community Supporter

Posted 09 January 2019 - 07:27 PM

Did they make any attempt to fact-check Schumer-Pelosi?

(Yes, that was a rhetorical question.)

#5 User is online   Howsithangin 

• The more ppl I meet, the more I like my cats
  • Group: +Bronze Community Supporter

Posted 09 January 2019 - 11:22 PM

View PostCensport, on 09 January 2019 - 07:27 PM, said:

Did they make any attempt to fact-check Schumer-Pelosi?

(Yes, that was a rhetorical question.)

Clinton-Obama-Clinton

#6 User is offline   Taggart Transcontinental 

• <no title>
  • View gallery
  • Group: +Gold Community Supporter

Posted 09 January 2019 - 11:42 PM

According to The NYT, the claim is “misleading” because about 1,700 immigrants per day are apprehended at the border for trying to enter illegally.

Let's fact check the fact checkers. This is what we are catching per day. How many got through undetected? Coyotes will drop off normal aliens at the CBP and they will sneak in the thugs while they are dealing with these guys. Those are the guys we really need to be catching until the wall is built

#7 User is offline   grimreefer 

• U.S. Merchant Marine
  • View gallery

Posted 10 January 2019 - 12:44 AM

Obama’s Border Patrol Chief Fights Back Against Media, Defends Trump

The Daily Caller
9:58 PM 01/09/2019 | Media
Mike Brest | Reporter

excerpt:

Mark Morgan appeared on Tucker Carlson’s show Wednesday night to discuss the border wall and what the media labeled as “inaccurate statements” from President Donald Trump’s Oval Office address.

Morgan, who served as Border Patrol Chief under former President Barack Obama, was asked to step down from his position in January 2017 when the current administration took office. (RELATED: Obama’s Border Patrol Chief Backs Trump For The Wall – ‘The Wall Works’)

WATCH:

*SNIP VID*

“My response is that those people that are saying that, anybody that says that, Tucker, is misinformed and they’re misleading the American people. So before I was even chief of border patrol, I served in the FBI for two decades,” Morgan stated. “One of my assignments was I led the El Paso office. From my office right on the border I could see Juarez. Every single day, Tucker, we worked with the DEA and all components of DHS and we worked human trafficking cases, we worked drug cases and we worked gang cases.”

He continued, “I would also say one last point is 127 border patrol agents have died. They didn’t die playing monopoly. They died, defending, being the frontline defenders of our borders, trying to apprehend the 17,000 people, the bad people, that Secretary Nielsen mentioned. I wonder if you asked their families if this was a manufactured crisis.”

“I do wonder that. I do wonder what people serving on the border of all backgrounds and political beliefs think when they hear the self-appointed experts on television refer to this as a manufactured crisis,” Carlson responded.

Morgan answered, “And I think that’s the point. Self-appointed experts. Go to the experts that are really working that. I’ll say, the president has done that. The president is talking to the leadership of CBP, and border patrol, and the rank and file, and those are experts and they are saying the wall works.”

*SNIP*

LINK

Doesn't matter because shut up! ORANGE MAN BAD!!!TM :tantrum:

#8 User is offline   zurg 

• <no title>
  • Group: +Copper Community Supporter

Posted 10 January 2019 - 08:06 AM

Trump: “Build the wall”
Schumer and Pelosi: “Over our dead bodies”
Zurg: “Sounds like a win-win”

#9 User is offline   RedSoloCup 

• <no title>
  • Group: +Copper Community Supporter

Posted 10 January 2019 - 08:08 AM

View PostRock N, on 09 January 2019 - 07:23 PM, said:

Translation: Media is struggling to create new lies to project onto Trump.

Their other made up bullshidt has run it's course and nobody is buying it anymore.

:exactly:

#10 User is offline   MontyPython 

• Pull My Finger.....
  • View gallery
  • Group: Gold

Posted 10 January 2019 - 11:54 AM

View Postzurg, on 10 January 2019 - 08:06 AM, said:

Trump: “Build the wall”
Schumer and Pelosi: “Over our dead bodies”
Zurg: “Sounds like a win-win”

:2up:

Share this topic: