RightNation.US
News (Home) | Righters' Blog | Hollywood Halfwits | Our Store | New User Intro | Link to us | Support Us

RightNation.US: President Trump Scores Highest USA/Suffolk Approval Rating Ever, But I - RightNation.US

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

President Trump Scores Highest USA/Suffolk Approval Rating Ever, But I Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is online   Moderator T 

• <no title>
  • View gallery
  • Group: Moderator

Posted 22 June 2019 - 03:10 PM

President Trump Scores Highest USA/Suffolk Approval Rating Ever, But Itís Not News To USA Today

SCOTT MOREFIELD
Daily Caller
6/20/19

EXCERPT:

President Donald Trump has scored his highest approval rating ever in a key national poll, but the media outlet that produces it, USA Today, never mentioned that fact in its write-up.

This weekís USA/Suffolk poll, taken from June 11 through June 15 and presented by RealClearPolitics along with other polling, had the president at a 49 percent approval rating versus 48 percent who disapprove.

The rating is a marked increase from the presidentís lowest points in that particular poll. August 2018 saw Trumpís approval at 40 percent, and his score of 38 percent in February 2018 was the lowest rating of his presidency.

While Trumpís highest approval seemingly wasnít news to USA Today, the 38 percent from last February certainly was.

From the outletís February 2018 write-up:

As President Trump sends mixed signals about what heíll support when it comes to gun legislation, his approval rating has fallen to its lowest level in the USA TODAY survey since he was inaugurated last year. Just 38% now approve of the job heís doing as president; 60% disapprove.

Wednesdayís USA Today article on the latest poll, titled, ďPoll: What do Democrats want to hear about at the debates? (Hint: Itís not Trump.)Ē did not specifically mention the presidentís approval rating, but rather focused on issues Democratic presidential candidates should discuss in the debates.

(Full Story)

#2 User is offline   MontyPython 

• Pull My Finger.....
  • View gallery
  • Group: Gold

Posted 22 June 2019 - 03:19 PM

Wait, what? USA Today is less than 100% objective?

Who'd'a guessed??

(I mean besides everybody...)

#3 User is offline   Bookdoc 

• Daddy's little girl
  • Group: +Silver Community Supporter

Posted 22 June 2019 - 06:05 PM

View PostMontyPython, on 22 June 2019 - 03:19 PM, said:

Wait, what? USA Today is less than 100% objective?

Who'd'a guessed??

(I mean besides everybody...)

I saw a USA Today at my dentist's office. I could not believe it-it's a simple 2 page fold for each section-smaller than our free suburban news! I hadn't seen the paper in a while but it looks like it's nearly done. If it weren't for offices and hotels, it'd be gone already.

#4 User is online   Taggart Transcontinental 

• <no title>
  • View gallery
  • Group: +Gold Community Supporter

Posted 22 June 2019 - 07:44 PM

What? This rag still exists?

#5 User is online   zurg 

• <no title>
  • Group: +Copper Community Supporter

Posted 22 June 2019 - 08:14 PM

View PostBookdoc, on 22 June 2019 - 06:05 PM, said:

I saw a USA Today at my dentist's office. I could not believe it-it's a simple 2 page fold for each section-smaller than our free suburban news! I hadn't seen the paper in a while but it looks like it's nearly done. If it weren't for offices and hotels, it'd be gone already.

Yet, if they made a radical change and started reporting news fairly (not pro-Trump, just fair), theyíd absolutely find that their circulation and size and ad revenues would increase at record pace. Everyone would talk about them. Business travelers would look forward to staying at hotels that provide them into rooms. People would read the articles and sign up online.

Like the Palestinians, these people arenít interested in success and happiness. For some weird, sick reason. But thatís how it is.

#6 User is offline   Severian 

• Order of the Seekers for Truth & Penitence
  • Group: +Gold Community Supporter

Posted 22 June 2019 - 08:50 PM

I can remember when USA Today was such a big deal it showed up in scifi shows. On the movie "Total Recall" they had a paper boxes selling "Mars Today" and on Babylon 5 they had "Universe Today."

#7 User is offline   Howsithangin 

• The more ppl I meet, the more I like my cats
  • Group: +Bronze Community Supporter

Posted 23 June 2019 - 01:45 AM

About 3 or so years ago, USA Today bought out the Pacific Daily News, the locally-written newspaper (the second paper was already a McClatchy rag sheet and it showed). The difference was immediately obvious. The focus of the paper used to be almost exclusively local, particularly the editorial section, and it leaned right, which was refreshing, having just moved from Honolulu and its DNC-produced Honolulu Star Bulletin (where a similar thing had happened 5-7 yrs ago).

The PDN is now indistinguishable from any Big Media-owned paper. The only reason I have to scan it (and that's all I do) is for work. 90% of the op-eds are the usual left-wingers from DC and NYC.

I hope USAT goes down. Then perhaps we can get our paper back.

#8 User is offline   Howsithangin 

• The more ppl I meet, the more I like my cats
  • Group: +Bronze Community Supporter

Posted 23 June 2019 - 01:46 AM

View Postzurg, on 22 June 2019 - 08:14 PM, said:

Yet, if they made a radical change and started reporting news fairly (not pro-Trump, just fair), theyíd absolutely find that their circulation and size and ad revenues would increase at record pace. Everyone would talk about them. Business travelers would look forward to staying at hotels that provide them into rooms. People would read the articles and sign up online.

Like the Palestinians, these people arenít interested in success and happiness. For some weird, sick reason. But thatís how it is.

In both cases it's religion. With the Palestinians it's iSLUM, with the media, its Progressivism/Secular Humanism

#9 User is offline   Hieronymous 

• Men with ropes around their necks don't always hang
  • Group: Platinum Community Supporter

Posted 26 June 2019 - 09:07 AM

View PostHowsithangin, on 23 June 2019 - 01:45 AM, said:

About 3 or so years ago, USA Today bought out the Pacific Daily News, the locally-written newspaper (the second paper was already a McClatchy rag sheet and it showed). The difference was immediately obvious. The focus of the paper used to be almost exclusively local, particularly the editorial section, and it leaned right, which was refreshing, having just moved from Honolulu and its DNC-produced Honolulu Star Bulletin (where a similar thing had happened 5-7 yrs ago).

The PDN is now indistinguishable from any Big Media-owned paper. The only reason I have to scan it (and that's all I do) is for work. 90% of the op-eds are the usual left-wingers from DC and NYC.

I hope USAT goes down. Then perhaps we can get our paper back.

Now if I went looking for a Guam newspaper locally, would it be called Guam Tomorrow?

I kill me.

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users